PP - F1 Wandering Around Town (Calrex, Takneil) (Completed)

Calrex gave a nod as Takneil seemed to prepare himself for the idea of combat, "Don't worry I'll be there to give you a hand for this one. We'll just go out and fight a couple of basic boars. However once you're on your own I would recommend you trust those instincts. No matter how powerful we get our instincts will keep us alive, since it kind of knows our limits."

With that Calrex lead Takneil to one of the gates leading outside of the Starting City, making sure that he took the lead before moving, "My general rule is that should I ever fall to half health or below and don't have a potion on me that's when I head back to the settlement and avoid engaging any other monsters."

With that Calrex punched his fists together, "Once you're all set I'll engage one of the boars and we can take it down."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boy let out a calming sigh as he drew his sword, sadly there was nothing special about the weapon and he hadn't even used it once yet. allowing the curved blade to rest on his shoulder Takneil looked to Calrex and shook his head to signify that he had heard him. "Please tell me this isn't turn based" he said jokingly to to try to relive the stress...

Takneil hesitantly took a step forward, this was his first time going beyond the walls of the city. his eyes darting back and forth the boy nervously kept his sword at the ready. "Alright...lets do this"

"Alright, first thing go ahead and use that Field Rations I gave you. It'll give you a temporary health boost that should last until we finish practicing."

As he heard Takneil make mention about turned-based combat he gave a smirk, "Well, I wouldn't say it's turn based like you would expect, but we do have a certain rotation. Normally whoever makes the first strike starts the round, going around. So let's say that I strike first, then usually you'll have enough time to switch in and take a shot, then it would be the enemies' turn to attack. Usually if we're in a party this would be referred to as the Switch system, where we rotate through the party to maximize damage on a monster before it gets a chance to strike. You'll recognize it in combat when someone yells out 'Switch'"

With that Calrex prepared himself as he eyes a nearby boar, "Go ahead and chomp that Field Rations down. You won't be able to activate it during combat unfortunately."

Takneil nodded as he swiped open his menu, I wonder if it will taste good. he thinks to himself. as his finger lingers above the item he bends over in sudden pain, with a loud growl coming from his stomach the boy managed to chuckle weakly as he looked up. "Haha...ow, I guess now that I think of it I haven't even eaten for a couple days" he states as he taps the item and watches as it drops into his hands, it didn't look like the most satisfying thing but he could manage. "Cheers" he mumbles as he quickly devours the rations...

"It's actually not that-" he was cut off by a loud *ping* sound from above him. "What in the world?" he mumbles as he looks up reading two very encouraging yet confusing words, "Level Up?, but...how?" he asks looking to Calrex confused. "I swear if it was those rations I am going to become a very fat player" he chuckles.

-Consumed Field Rations

"Level Up?, but...how?...I swear if it was those rations I am going to become a very fat player"

Calrex gave a friendly smirk as he saw Takneil apparently level up, "Don't worry, it's not about how much you eat. There's a lot of factors that go in to determining your level. Basically if you are doing 'something' you are gaining experience."

With that he looked over at a nearby boar, drawing his sword, "Alright, get yourself ready. I'll go first."

ID: 12912

Battle Dice: 4

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7

Unfortunately as Calrex rushed to attack the boar it had detected him, turning and trying to charge him. He had just enough momentum to avoid a direct blow as the two crossed each other's paths. He gritted his teeth as he saw the boar had scored a glancing blow on his arm, "Alright then. Takneil you're up. Go ahead and take a shot at the boar."

HP List

Calrex: 20/21

Takneil: 9/9 (Boosted by Field Rations) / Not yet acted

Enemies:

Big Boar: 11/11

Takneil examines the mans battle posture taking in the style of his combat...though he wasn't sure if it would help him much since the two had differing battle techniques, exhaling slowly the boy fell into his own unique battle stance allowing the blade to fall near the ground the tip sliding across the grass as he fixed his footing lowering his posture till his free hand was touching the ground...with his torso leaned forward Takneil's gaze sharpened into a determined glare as the Boar approached...

ID: 12989

Battle Dice: 8

kicking off the ground Takneil flips the sword off the ground trusting it forward at the Boar, "COME ON PUMBA!, SQUEAL FOR ME!" he roared in anger and fear as his blade slashed across the overgrown pigs skin leaving a glowing red mark on it's being. looking to Calrex for approval Takneil slams down his foot into the ground causing himself to pivot around setting his glare back to the Boar.

HP List

Calrex 20/21

Takneil 9/9 (Boosted by Field Rations)

Enemies

Big Boar: 9/11

ID: 13013

Battle Dice: 8

Mob Dice: 1

Calrex gave a nod as he saw Takneil deal his first successful strike against the boar, "Nice shot stay focused."

As Takneil successfully made contact with the boar it gave a quick flail to try and counter attack. Luckily enough Takneil was just out of its range, the flailing only resulting in the boar falling on its side. As this happened Calrex quickly sprung forward, taking advantage of the newly fallen target.

"Alright, it'll probably try to get to its feet fairly quickly. I need to exploit this opening before that happens."

He quickly closed the distance between him and the boar as he brought his sword back. As he got into striking range he quickly leapt over the boar, delivering a slash as he flipped over the boar, sliding as he landed on the other side.

HP List

Takneil: 9/9

Enemies:

Big Boar: 5/11

ID:13020

Battle:10 (Critical +2 Damage)

Takneil, Growing in confidence rose his blade once more as he awaited for his chance. watching as the man made his attack the boy darted his eyes to the Boar. Now's my chance!he thinks to himself as he charges towards the enemy once more. feeling his heart beat faster with every step Takneil grits his teeth as he took his own shot at the Boar his sword dragging across the flesh of the beast. "Nice got another hit!" he states happily. Fixing his stance the boy looks back to the monster and groans noticing the sliver of HP left for the Boar. "You're kidding me..."

HP List

Calrex 20/21

Takneil 9/9 (Boosted by Field Rations)

Enemies

Big Boar: 1/11

ID: 13027

Battle Dice: 4

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

Calrex gave a congratulatory smirk as Takneil managed to deal a critical blow to the boar, his curved sword leaving a long and deep gash in its side. It looked like the boar was about to die when it stopped just a hair short of empty.

"You're kidding me..."

"Don't worry just yet. Sometimes these things are persistent. It'll just take one more blow to finish it off."

With that Calrex rushed forward, bringing his sword across his body to his free side, the point of the blade aimed at the boar, sword parallel to the ground. However, as he got close the boar had already recovered and tried to charge at him. As Calrex thrust forward with a stab the boar weaved to the side as it tried to charge him. However, the speed and trajectory of their attacks made them both clearly miss their mark.

Calrex slid a few feet before turning around and focusing back on the boar, "Alright Takneil, finish this thing off."

HP List

Enemies:

Big Boar: 1/11

Takneil nodded at the man's words understanding them clearly. "Alright, Time to finish this" he stated as kicked off the ground once more raising his blade towards the Boar. Charging in the same path the monster was heading.

ID:13029

Battle:7 (Success!)

The boy at the last second dug his foot into the ground shifting his body to the side as he swung the blade in a low arc, pulling with all his might Takneil sliced the blade clean through the weakened beast causing a glowing red crescent marking to ring around it's body. letting out a sharp breath the boy looked back to the Boar watching as it shattered. his gaze drifting to Calrex, Takneil smiled. "Did we win?"

HP List

Enemies:

Big Boar: 0/11

Loot Die: 5

Calrex nodded as Takneil confirmed their victory, "Yes we did. Great job. For your first fight that went fairly smooth. Plus you didn't take any hits. I'd say that's a win in my books."

As the loot screen appeared in front of Takneil he put his hands in his jacket pockets while he resheathed his sword, "So how are you feeling? If you're up for another one we can do so. If not we can always call it a day and return back to town."

"Takneil certainly seems to have gotten a good grasp on the battle system. I'm just glad that his first time DID go so smoothly. With Teayre and Oikawa even against one boar we were having some serious trouble. I didn't land a single hit back then."

He gave a calming breath as a funny thought passed through his head, "I guess those two are right, I might need to focus on actually Hitting an enemy before I worry about dealing lots of damage."

Takneil smiled as the end result screen popped up in front of him, "Hmm...25 Col, not exactly the best first pull but hey when you're not the one who took the hits I guess it's acceptable" he states clicking the little X at the corner of the screen closing the window. 

Takneil Obtained 25 Col!

Nodding the boy looked to the area examining it for his next target. "I'm good to go a couple more I guess I mean might as well use up that temporary booster while it lasts" he says finding it would be illogical to turn back now plus he was hoping to get another pull and maybe level up once more...if the opportunity arises. "I'm already to go as long as you're okay with it, I mean you did take some damage back there." he says a little concerned for his tutor.

"Oh this? Don't worry about it. Compared to other creatures I've fought this kind of damage is nothing now. But I'm glad that those Field Rations appear to be working well."

With that he drew his sword once again, targeting a nearby boar, "Alright, we'll see how we are after this next one and take it form there then, alright?"

ID: 13033

Battle Dice: 7

Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

As Calrex rushed towards the boar it immediately turned, readying a charge.

"Shoot! I must have been detected by it sooner than I had expected. Looks like these particular boars might have an expanded sensory range than the smaller boars."

As the boar charged Calrex thrust his sword forward, managing to score a glancing hit on the area above the boar's head. Unfortunately, it was a glancing blow and while dealing damage it did not disperse the momentum of the boar's charge. Calrex felt the impact of the boar's entire body ramming into his chest as it hurled him to the side. He rolled at least three times before he kicked back to his feet, giving a calming breath, "Alright Takneil, you're up. Careful this one seems a little more aggressive than the last one."

"That was a really strong hit. I just hope Takneil isn't deterred by me taking such a critical strike. I've gotta be careful how I act when helping new players. If they see me having trouble fighting a creature it might send the wrong message."

Calrex gave another calming breath as he twirled his sword, keeping it trained on the boar.

HP List

Calrex: 18/21 (+1 Damage Mitigation)

Enemies:

Big Boar: 7/11

Takneil froze as the Boar seemed to plow through the man that was tutoring him, what was he supposed to do?...yeah any creature could deal damage even Low level to high level but that looked like it was enough to severely harm him. Gulping Takneil lifted his weapon defensively not sure how to attack the monster.

Combat Die: 4 (Fail)

ID: 13044

Battle Dice: 5

Mob Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

"Shoot, I did deliver the wrong message."

Calrex watched as Takneil opted away from attacking the boar and took up a defensive position. As if sensing Takneil's hesitation the boar turned an charged at him. Calrex's eyes widened for a second as he saw the boar pick up enough speed, "Tak, move the side!"

Unfortunately Calrex's words came out too late as he saw the boar manage to score a strong hit on Takneil as well. He gritted his teeth as he slightly tightened his grip on his sword, giving a few calming breaths, "Stay focused. Getting worried over him taking a single hit won't help the situation. Take out the boar and everything will be solved."

Calrex rushed over and helped Takneil to his feet, "Be careful with that hesitation. It can prove to be deadly out here. Remember that all of us are fighting together, so if one of us hesitates it could take a turn for the worse."

He turned and faced the boar, rushing forward as he gave a warding slash, forcing the boar to back off to avoid the strike, "Steel your nerves, we've got this."

HP List

Calrex: 18/21

Takneil: 7/9

Enemies:

Big Boar 7/11

His thoughts frozen over with uncertainty Takneil's body went numb unable to respond to his will, Come on! this isn't yourself! get over it and attack the thing!. he roared at himself mentally as the Boar approached, he didn't want to die but he didn't know what to do. yelling in pain as the Boar rammed into him causing the boy to flip into the ground hard. groaning Takneil got up with the help of Calrex. "I don't know if I can do this..." he mumbled as he looked to the ground noticing his weapon laying in the dirt.

Combat Die:4 (Fail)

ID: 13050

Battle Dice: 6

Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

"I don't know if I can do this..."

When those words left Takneil's mouth Calrex's mind quickly began processing the proper way to respond.

"Looks like he's expressed doubt at combat. I guess it really is true that we tend to hold the bad events in our life to a higher value than the good. Now I need to respond to make sure he gets his drive back again."

As if on cue the boar looked over at Calrex and attempted to charge him. He quickly flipped his sword into reverse as he scanned the area around him, noting one thing within his immediate vicinity. There was a tree just a few paces away from him. He quickly recalled his battles on the second floor where he had managed to trick some wolves he had fought into slamming into rocks and trees like a bull against a matador.

He quickly adjusted his standing position so that he was in front of the tree, keeping an eye on the boar. Right as the boar was about to make contact Calrex leapt up, and as if they were in a cartoon the boar rammed full force into the tree. As Calrex came back down he made a quick swipe to boar's rear, leaping back over to Takneil, "Trust me when I say this, a lot of players have probably thought the exact thing you have. Heck my first fight I didn't even land a single hit, but I pushed past that to get to where I am now."

He quickly sheathed his sword as he went into his modified iaido stance, "Remember the previous fight? Don't let a couple of bad hits break your confidence. If anything, treat them as valuable experience to become stronger. Enemies sometimes get the better of us, but that doesn't matter if we all come out alive as the victors in the end."

HP List

Calrex: 18/21

Takneil: 7/9

Enemies:

Big Boar: 3/11

Listening to Calrex's words the boy's numbness went away as a fire roared to life in his eye, he had been doubting himself when he should have been encouraging himself...how was he supposed to find his friends if he were to die here?. Cracking his neck Takneil kicks up his sword from the ground flipping it a few times before falling into a battle stance. "Alright I think I see it now..." he states as he pushes off the ground rushing towards the boar.

ID:13051

Battle Die: 10 (Critical)

calmly letting out a breath Takneil raised his blade as he slashed downwards at the Boar it's flesh being bitten by the sword, the boy grinned as his enemies dropped down below zero he had did it again but this time he felt like he had overcome  a great obstacle. Sheathing his blade as he walked away from the Boar Takneil smiled as he looked to Calrex. "Sorry bout that...won't happen again" not bothering to close the window the boy walked up beside the man. 

Loot Die: 10

Takneil Obtained 50 Col!

As Calrex saw Takneil seemed to recover his courage, flashily retrieving his sword and going in for the kill he gave a congratulatory smile as he sheathed his sword and cross his arms. As the boar dissipated into a series of crystals he gave a few claps to Takneil as he walked back over.

"Sorry bout that...won't happen again"

"Looks like I approached this with the best result. Good to know."

He put on a friendly face as he smiled and gave Takneil a congratulatory pat on the back, "Don't worry, all of us falter from time to time. Just as long as we bounce back there's no reason to worry. It does help to have someone to give us that insight, which is why we have friends and teammates."

With that Calrex put his hands back into his jacket pockets, "So, how are you feeling? Up for one more or do you think we should call it?"

"We're still within the threshold I set for myself, still above half health and in good shape. If he wants to continue we can probably do one more boar, but he'd prefer to play it safe and turn in that would be perfectly fine as well."

Takneil placed a thoughtful finger on his lips as he looked to his HP bar, should he risk it?...with the full burden of being a full player of SAO the boy had to make this decision himself. though it was a simple yes and no question it was always tied in with factors of life and death. lingering on the HP bar once more Takneil tilted his head to side in confusion...wait why is my Health Increased. His eye widening in realization he snaps his head towards Calrex. "Did I level up again!?" he asks bewildered.