PP - F1 Wandering Around Town (Calrex, Takneil) (Completed)

"Huh?"

As Calrex looked over at Takneil he noticed the stats of him increase once again, "Well, what do you know? Congrats!"

He gave a congratulatory smile as he stretched his arms, "One more step forward. That's what those are."

"Now that I think of it I never really thought about how far I've come from before. To think that only within a few weeks I've gotten to Level 9. I just hope I'll be strong enough to protect Teayre."

"Well, with your new level, do you feel up for another battle? Of course we could always turn in and I'll get you a congratulatory drink or something."

"Could be a kind of formality I guess. A congratulatory drink...I hope I'm not coming off as too friendly, heh. I don't want another misunderstanding like with Niklaus."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takneil chuckles at Calrex's offer. "yeah I could really use one" he states as he looks for any nearby enemies. "Though I want to go for one more if you wouldn't mind...like to try and get more Col before heading back in since I don't have much" he said remembering the torture of being refused access to nearly everywhere with warm food and a soft bed. "but most definitely will want a drink after this one" he says through a laugh, Takneil had most outgrown his skittishness with Calrex...if the man was going to turn on the boy the time would have been when they first exited the city and most likely would have attacked before he had leveled up...Twice.

Calrex nodded as Takneil agreed to both of his suggestions, giving a smile as he drew his sword once again, "Alright then, one more and then a drink it is. Let's see..."

Givine a quick scan of the area he found another stray boar wandering around, giving a calming breath as he focused his blade on it, tensing his leg muscles. As he did he lowered his stance, coiling himself up as he readied himself to strike.

ID: 13064

Battle Dice: 9

Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

It appeared that this boar was caught off guard by Calrex's surprise attack as he leapt forward, thrusting straight for the thickest part of the monster. The attack was strong enough that it knocked the boar off balance, so that when it tried to turn and attack him it teetered back and forth for a few seconds before recovering. While it did so Calrex's blade was still lodged inside the boar's side, forcing him around until he wrenched it out, cuttings towards the rear end of the monster. He quick kicked back, putting some distance between him and the boar, "Alright, you're up. Let's take this thing down."

HP List

Calrex: 18/21

Takneil: 9/11

Enemies:

Big Boar: 6/11

ID:13070

Battle Die: 1 (Critical Failure)

Takneil offers a smile. "Now, lets get this over with...I'm thirsty" he exclaims as he draws his sword setting his gaze to the Boar, it didn't look as tough as the last one but that probably because of Calrex's blade sticking through the beast. pushing off the ground The boy raised his blade as he charged the Boar. "I wonder if I can finish it off!" he jokes as his foot catches on a tree root. I have become error..., he groans in his mind as he hits against the ground his sword skittering off to the side.

ID: 13072

Battle Dice: 5

Mob Dice: 10 (+2 Damage) Uh oh...O_O

Calrex turned and looked as Takneil tried to get a strike in on the boar. Unfortunately he didn't get the chance as his foot tripped on the root of a tree and he fell on his face. Calrex felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head as he tried to get another strike on the boar. By that time the boar had gotten to its feet and rushed towards Takneil, "Uh oh...Tak quick get to your feet!"

Unfortunately by that time the boar had reached Takneil and knocked him to the side with a full force charge. Calrex gave a calming breath as he tried to focus again, "Remain calm...Takneil's still got a lot of health, plus he has the healing potion I gave him. We should be able to take this boar out before anything bad happens."

Calrex rushed over to Takneil and helped him to his feet, keeping his sword trained on the boar, "You alright? I think that's the hardest that boar can hit, so rest assured. Keep your potion at the ready though in case you need it. It does take some time to take effect."

HP List

Calrex: 18/21

Takneil: 6/11

Enemies:

Big Boar: 6/11

Takneil shook his head of the grogginess as he lifted himself off a bit but by then the Boar had already torn into side causing him to roar out in pain, his eye burning with rage the boy swiftly grabbed the sword and stabbed it into the beast. "blow for blow you stupid pig!" he yelled in anger as his blade bit into the flesh of the monster, watching as the Boar slipped off his sword from the momentum Takneil groaned as he held his side in pain. "Well the Pumbas sure can dish out a bit of pain...OF COURSE IT WAS CHEEP SHOT!" he roared at the Boar.

ID:13075

Battle Die:8 (Success!)

Calrex couldn't help but give a small laugh at Takneil's enraged counterattack at the boar, "Alright nice shot stay focused alright?"

ID: 13076

Battle Dice: 4

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7

Calrex rushed and tried to strike the boar, but this time it looked like his sword actually flew clear as the boar turned around, trying to perform a turning charge on him. He quickly retracted his arm. Although he managed to dodge most of the strike a tusk managed to graze him as he kicked back, doing a quickly flip before landing nearby Takneil, "Alright, looks like this one's a little persistent again. Let's fix that shall we?"

HP List

Calrex: 17/21

Enemies:

Big Boar: 4/11

Takneil was feeling himself become worried as he looked to his own HP, I'm only at six health...,sighing he looked to his ally as the mans attack failed. Should I use the Potion he gave me?, he asks himself setting his gaze back to the Boar, the monster was almost dead with near to nothing health...was it worth it to attempt another attack?. exhaling slowly Takneil lifted his blade. "Yeah, I might need more than one drink after this" he chuckled softly as he readied his stance.

Roll ID:13506

Battle: 2

MOB:5

The boy growled as he pushed off the ground, he was not going to die here and he was not going to give up. slashing the blade downward at the Boar, Takneil hoped that this attack would hit...he couldn't afford to miss again, feeling the blade bounce harmlessly off the ground the boy let out a stream of curses as he quickly bounced back not wanting to risk being near the monster. 

HP LIST

Boar:4/11

ID: 13509

Battle Dice: 8

Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detect +1) = 11

As Takneil rushed forward in attempt to strike again Calrex gave a calming breath, focusing his senses on the boar.

"This one seems to be a bit more agile than the last two. If I can time my strike just right I should be able to connect a hit and finish this thing off..."

He steadied his breathing, coiling the muscles in his legs like springs, preparing for the right moment. As Takneil's blade came down he saw the boar step to the right to avoid it. Before the boar's foot came down he immediately sprang forward, quickly closing the distance between him and the monster. At the same time he brought his sword to his left side, the point trained on the boar's head. As he got within range he thrust forward, piercing the boar's head right between the eyes. With the extra momentum from his approach he kicked his legs upward and around, using the end of his sword as an axis point as he landed behind the boar, ripping his sword out and up, bringing it back in front of him.

The boar became overlayed over in a light shade of blue before it dissipated into a series of crystals. With that Calrex breathed a sigh of relief as he sheathed his sword, turning to face Takneil, "Nice work. I believe that should do it then. Now how about that drink?"

Loot List:

1 Material

55 Col

Extra 55 Col

HP List

Enemies:

Boar: 0/11

Takneil let out a relieved sigh as the man was able to score a hit where he wasn't able to, it was about time if things continued like they were he would have most likely had died. withholding a cheer the boy watched as Calrex disposed of the Boar, he would have to be more careful in the future if he were to survive...

sheathing his weapon the boy began walking back to the city. "Yeah let's go do that, really don't want to go against a Boar right now" he chuckled as he thought about what drink he would have.

Calrex nodded as he tilted his head in the direction of the gate back into the Starting City. With that he lead Takneil through the city and back towards the merchant district, passing through series after series of crowds until they reached their location. It was a humble looking building with no additional floors and appeared to be made of stone, unlike some of the inn/taverns like the Hogsback Inn which was made of wood. Calrex led Takneil into the circular room that made up the only floor of the tavern.

This was the same place where he had met Riksis and Warnik some time ago for a brief period. With that he went over to a nearby empty table and sat down, "Alright then, so what's your poison? Don't worry, from what I am aware of there's no ability to actually get imbibed within SAO, so the drinks here are more akin to soda and juice than anything else."

"Which come to think of it how old is Takneil anyway? Apparently from my appearance a lot of people think me to not even be of age to drink, even though I'm actually 24 in real life."

Takneil felt more confident as he pushed past the many people roaming the city as he followed the man's lead, the battle had made him become more comfortable with himself and he felt as if he could now move on from the first floor...eventually. 

the boy felt in awe as they entered the Tavern, he had yet to know the limits of what he could do in SAO and it seemed that wherever he turned he found a new reason to be amazed...though it was only a Tavern. taking a seat at the table picked Calrex, the boy sat down. "Honestly I could go for anything fruity" he states as he swipes open his menu. "wait...how do I pay?"

"Oh...you know I still haven't really figured that part out. Don't worry about it this time, I'll be on me. Save that col for better equipment once you've gotten stronger, you're gonna need it."

With that Calrex went over to the bartender and requested a couple of drinks, which of course were made in a flash of blue light before being slid over to him. Calrex had ordered something akin to an Irish coffee, while for Takneil he had something that seemed to be a fruit smoothie. With that he returned back to the table and passed him the drink, taking a sip of his own.

"Without the alcohol that's usually present within it this is actually quite nice. It's warming, coffee-like, and a little bit sweet. Not bad at all."

"How's yours? To be honest this is the first time I've actually ordered drinks here before. The last time I just stopped in to rendezvous with a couple of other players before immediately taking off with them."

"Oh that'll be lovely to figure out" he chuckled as he waited for his drink, the man had done so much for him...a complete stranger, though they were most likely somewhere along lines of acquaintances right now...

gladly accepting the drink Takneil raised an arched brow as he took a sip off of his drink, it tasted faintly of strawberries and dragon fruit an interesting combination. "It tastes amazing!, almost like a party of citrus in my mouth." he states as he pulls out another chair setting his feet on the seat. "Thanks man...you didn't have to do this...any of this." he states as he sets down his drink.

As Takneil looked in surprise at his drink Calrex gave a friendly smirk as he set his drink down, resting his elbows on the table, "Hey don't sweat it. I figured that at my current level it'd be best to start helping people that need it. If you want to get stronger it'll be much faster learning from someone who's recently gone through what you have right?"

He took another sip of his Irish coffee before blowing some of his blue bangs to the side, "In any case, it seems like you've definitely become strong enough to hold your own out there. That's probably the most I can do other than jumping in and lending a hand when you need it. Of course..."

He pointed over to Takneil's slot where a guild symbol would be located, "The other way to get stronger is to be around others who will help you as well. There's lot of guild established that would be happy to help you out. One of my good friends is a part of a guild called Square One, while many of my other acquaintances are a member of the exclusive guild known as the Azure Brigade. There's many to choose from should you wish to be a part of one of them. Of course you could also be like me and just be a solo player for now. Both paths have valuable experience should you decide on either."

clearing his throat after ridiculously gulping down half of his drink Takneil shifts his position so that his leg was folded across the other one. "I don't think I could manage being a Solo Player...maybe if I got stronger but the way I am...I couldn't roam alone without anybody for long" he says with a half hearted smile. the boy was someone who desired to protect others even though he needed to be pushed by Calrex to actually do something. after taking a more maintained sip from his drink Takneil sighs. "I might join a guild...or maybe make my own after I find my friends...it all depends on how things go, but yeah...thank you. if you ever need anything let me know" he states.

Calrex nodded as he took another sip of his Irish coffee, "Sure thing, and feel free to let me know if you need a hand. I'm still learning some of the nuances of the game as well, but at the least I can pass on the knowledge I do have on to you. But as I've said before, as long as you make the proper preparations most things in this game won't get to you. Of course there are other things that we can't predict, but at the least we can be ready for the things we can."

As he tried to take another sip he checked his drink, looking to see that he had just taken the last sip, "Huh, looks like I'm empty. Need a refill? I can grab you another one."

Sitting back up straight Takneil shook his head. "Nah I still have about half to go, plus don't want you spending anymore Col than you have to on me" he says with a chuckle as he taps his fingers across the table. "so is there like a friend list or something?" he asks as he swipes open his menu attempting to find the option. "definitely be convenient to use especially if we are on the same floor, then we can hunt together" he states hoping that one day they would be clearing a dungeon on an equal level.

Calrex nodded as Takneil turned down his offer, "Fair enough, I'll be right back."

He got up from his seat, bringing the empty cup to the bartender, who promptly refilled it. With the brown elixir back in his cup Calrex returned to to the table and sat back down, "Yeah, there's a friend list for sure. Here I'll go ahead and add you to it. I believe it also comes with a locator, so you can actually locate where I am when you bring it up. I'm not exactly sure if it only works on the same floor, or across floors, but it's useful nonetheless."

He took a sip of his Irish coffee as he performed the action within his menu, giving a small sigh as some steam came out of his mouth due to the heat, "Okay, that's still a little warm. Nice nonetheless, but probably would be more useful on the fourth floor."

"In any case was there any other questions you had for me?"

shaking his head the boy finished off his drink letting out a satisfied breath, "alright, that seems helpful" he states as he mimics Calrex's actions adding his new found friend to the list, Takneil would have to work hard if he were to reach the man's level but if he kept himself strong he would make it. 

setting down the now empty drink Takneil gives a thankful nod to the man. "No, I think I'm good to go...thank you" he states as he turns towards the exit now walking away his steps filled with confidence. Lingering at the door way the boy lets out a soft chuckle. "We should set something up so we get together to hunt, on a certain day maybe...that would be nice." he suggests before leaving.