[PP-F4] The Essence of Steel (Oikawa) [Complete]

[OOC: Rolling a 1 is always a 1, regardless of the accuracy modifier]

Rebekah noticed that Oikawa's hot streak had come to an end, with him missing an attack. She knew that his luck was about to run out, as the boss was starting to pay a lot of attention to him for landing every attack so far, and that his accuracy was going to drop as a result. It was something that she knew, but she had hoped that the luck was going to continue. The earlier they finish this battle, the easier it would be for them, as they have not been hit by any of the boss's attacks so far.

Yet again, the Snow Beast used the exact same move that Rebekah had now memorize the exact sequence, and she knew the small timing windows that she could attack and dodge the boss attacks. It was a lot easier when battles fall under a repeated pattern over and over again, as that allowed her to get accustomed to the situation.

[iD=14511]

BD= 6 + 3 = 8

Mob = 4 - 2 = 2

Oikawa: 41/41

Rebekah: 49/49

Snow Beast: 30/100

(OOC: Noted and fixed my typo, sorry about that haha. I RP with Ariel way too much XD)

Oikawa peered over the rock just in time to see the Snow Beast try the same move on Rebekah. She had been paying attention though, as she not only sidestepped the attack but proceeded to attack the beast. As she finished her move, Oikawa vaulted over the rock and dashed towards the Mob.

Tightening his grip on his rapier, he slid through the snow before attempting a sliding lunge. The move proved effective as his rapier sank into the Snow beast's shin. It stomped and howled before attempting to smash the blonde male into oblivion. As he maneuvered around the creature, he nodded for Rebekah to attack once more.

[14512] BD: 7

H5 Oikawa: 41/41

H5 Rebekah: 49/49

<Snow Beast> 22/100 (-8)

The two rapier users have managed to drop the boss's health point without taking a single attack, but will that continue to be the case. Rebekah was starting to get anxious about what kind of attack does it have hiding, just waiting for it to unleash on the two of them. She knew that all the bosses she had faced so far, would often change their attack pattern as their health points began to drop well below fifty percent, and about ten percent when it goes into the red. It wasn't in the red just yet, but it was almost there.

It was another time when the attack pattern literally remained the same, and thus the boss was continued to be not effective against the two of them, or was it something to do with rapiers, she does not know yet, but she would rather not find out at all.

[iD=14513]

BD=8

Mob=2

Oikawa: 41/41

Rebekah 49/49

Snow Beast 13/100

The duo continued land blow after blow. All the while, avoiding any and everything thrown at them by the <Snow Beast>. His pattern changed and even then he is still predictable. It's fascinating that this is the first Mob I've fought against that didn't manage to damage anyone in the party. I wonder what's going through her head? Apparently it was victory as she landed another successful hit whilst dodging the mobs predetermined attacks.

Oikawa then swiftly followed. He allowed his instincts to dictate his next attack as he ran through the snow capped fields. Raising his blade, he launched himself towards the mob and executed a tenacious display of thrusts. This sent the monster directly to the red zone of his health and flailing backwards as it regained its balance. "Finish it Beks!"

[14515] BD: 8 [5+3]

H6 Oikawa: 41/41

H6 Rebekah: 49/49

<Snow Beast> 5/100 (-8)

As she saw the HP of the boss drop to into the red finally after a long and exhausting battle, Rebekah knew that it was going to take one more hit before finally killing the boss. This was the type of thing that she had been waiting for quite a while, the end of this battle. She wanted to know if the reward was what she had heard from others.

After the battle was over, she had received a notification, and she had gain an additional 250 col for both players for killing this monster, "This was a bit too easy, isn't it?" Rebekah asked. She was referring to the point that neither of them took any damage during the entire fight.

[iD=14517]

BD=4 + 3 = 7

Mob=2
LD=17

Oikawa 41/41

Rebekah 49/49

Snow Beast 0/100

Bonus: 5 x 100 = 500 Col

The female blonde sprang to action as the HP on the snow beast blinked rapidly. She swiftly dealt the final blow and collected the loot as the yeti-like monster shattered into thousand mini crystals. She then turned around to ask a simple question. "I agree. I've never went through an entire quest unscathed. This is a first for me. That beast was eradicated rather quickly haha." 

Oikawa turned to examine the loot she carried curious to see if she had obtained the item she mentioned before the battle started. "So did you get that item you were looking for? The pouch doesn't seem to be very large."

"It does not matter how the item looks, all that matters is that I got the drop that I wanted." Rebekah answered. She knew that she will finally be able to upgrade her item from a rare to a perfect item, this trinket that she had bought in a shop for a relatively cheap price. She did not if this quest was repeatable or not, but knew that this was one of those hidden away quests that not a lot of people knew about. She added, "Let's head back to town before it gets dark." She knew that it would take about an hour for them to return to Snowfrost Town from here, she did not feel like burning a teleport crystal, as she spends the majority of the time here.

Quest Complete:

Oikawa Receives: + 2 SP (Quest + RP), + 450 Col

Rebekah Receives: + 2 SP (Quest + RP), + 450 Col, + Essence