SAO Beta no More!

That's right, after much confusion, we are no longer in BETA SAO. This occurred when we renamed our Beta Development & Testing section to Support and Feedback.

So at this time Kayaba Akihiko had made his announcement to the players, their characters saw the mirror object in their inventory, and had their real life body's appearance switched in game.

You can still receive the BETA title status by applying to the event here.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=750

Welcome to the death game!

[Warning]

[system Announcement]

Players, I welcome you all to my world. My name is Kayaba Akihiko. Right now, I am the only person (besides my little helpers) who can control this world. I think that most of you have discovered the fact that the Log Out button has disappeared from the main menu. This is not a bug; it is all part of Sword Art Online's system. Until you get to the top of this castle, you cannot log out of your own free will... also, the disruption or dismantling of the Nerve Gear from the outside is strictly forbidden. If these things are attempted... the signal sensors in your Nerve Gear will emit a strong electromagnetic pulse, destroying your brain and thus ending your life. To be a little more specific, disconnection from an outside source of electricity for ten minutes, being cut off from the system for more than two hours, or any attempt to: unlock, dismantle, or destroy the Nerve Gear. If any of these conditions are met, the brain destruction sequence will start. These conditions have been made known to the government and the public through mass-media in the outside world. On that note, there have been several cases where the relatives or friends have ignored the warnings and tried to forcefully remove the Nerve Gear. The result... regretfully 213 players have already been retired from this game, and the real world, forever. Players, there is no need to worry about the bodies you left on the other side. As of this moment, all TV, radio, and internet media are repeatedly reporting this situation; including the fact that there have been numerous deaths. The danger of having your Nerve Gear taken off has already all but disappeared. In a moment, using the two hours I have provided, all of you will be transported to hospitals or similar institutes and be given the best of treatment. So you can relax... and concentrate on beating the game.

But I ask of all of you to understand that Sword Art Online is no longer a simple game. It is a second reality... From now on, any form of revival in the game will no longer work. The moment your HP reaches 0, your avatar will be gone forever. And at the same time... your brain will be destroyed by the Nerve Gear. Players, there is only one way to be freed from this game. As I have said before, you must get to the top of Aincrad, the one hundredth floor, and defeat the final boss that resides there. All players still alive at that time will be immediately logged out of the game. I give you all my word. You are probably wondering "Why" I did this. That reason will become clearer later on.

Now, I have finished the official tutorial for Sword Art Online. Players--I wish you luck.

Didn't even think of that. Haha

Alternatively, you can just use this link.

http://www.sao-rpg.com/search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=ENTERUSERNAMEHERE&fid[]=2&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Track

Just replace the ENTERUSERNAMEHERE to your username and it'll show you how many posts you made in the Support and Feedback section.