OP - F1 Who Knew Armor Could Be Comfy (Completed)

Inside of the gates of the Starting City was multiple places that could be considered great rest spots. Usually they contained a fountain or some kind of circle of benches so that people could sit and catch their breath inbetween their trips out into the field zones outside of the settlement. However, it appeared that there was one spot that no one seemed to ever really visit much. A small little place that had a single tree surrounded by a small field of grass.

This spot was what Calrex had recently stumbled upon as he was walking around the city. He was completely clad in his Grand Armament: His full body Grand Chariot armor, the Grand Gauntlets, and his Grand Blade sword.

"*sigh* Today seems to actually be a real slow day. Teayre's off running quests, Oikawa's been busy at his shop, and there have been no orders for my gathering profession. Plus...I'm not really feeling up for going out on any quests solo for now."

He went over and sat underneath the tree, "Guess I'll just take it easy for today then...good lord it's been forever since I've done that."

He laid back on the grass, letting the wind blow across his armor as he looked up at the sky. He could already feel his eyelids getting heavy, as if his mind was beckoning him to take a nap.

"Well...I am in a safe zone...maybe it's alright if I rest for a few minutes..."

He gave an exhale as he let his eyes close. Even though he was asleep the white slats that indicated where his eyes were on his helmet remained open as if he was awake.

Me and maruchan came walking out of shop as maruchan was bouncing up at the bag of food I had in my hand. I took out a bagel and tossed it to the hungry hound. Maruchan coolly caught it in his mouth and proceeded walking while eating it. I then took out a bagel and ate it as we walked over to a grass like area. As we came up to the area we saw a sleeping dude and both had the same idea.

"do it." I said with a chuckle.

Maruchan then walked over and pissed on the guy's face. Ok so maybe we didn't have the same idea but whatever. I then got closer and got a better look at this guy's face.

"Oh wait! I think this is Oikawas boyfriend!" I exclaimed as I felt like I solved the case.

Rusty had nothing better to do in a while and he wasn't fearing well mentally after the incident with the boar. He was feeling a bit more secluded than usual and more quiet. Sitting on a bench in the shade of a tree, Rusty was taking a nap against the back of the seat. His coffee-colored hair ruffled through the virtual wind as he quietly slept. This peaceful slumber was awoken by the chatter of a player and his dog.. Opening his eyes, Rusty turned to see a husky urinating on a player. "The hell?" Rusty said to himself as the dog relieved itself on the boy. Either I'm dreaming or this dog's owner is a prick. Not wanting to be seen, he decided to keep quiet as the incident took place.

"...Why do I hear the sound of liquid trickling on metal?..."

His short nap was quickly interrupted as he opened his eyes, looking over, "That's definitely water against my hel...AW WHAT THE HECK?!"

Calrex leapt to his feet as he saw a recognizable dog familiar lifting its leg right in front of his face.

"Man, you've gotta be kidding me...that's just messed up. At least items get immediately cleaned once you change out of it."

He looked over at the owner of the dog familiar. It was X...of course. Calrex had only met him once during Oikawa's duel incident that spanned the fourth and sixth floors. Right from the get go Calrex had a feeling that X might have had a slightly different way of seeing things, with apparently one of them being that it was perfectly fine to let his familiar relieve itself on another player.

"*sigh* well that's the last time I decide to take a nap in a public area. I can't believe the reason was not something more important, like getting challenged to a Total Loss duel by a PKer or something."

Calrex gave a sharp exhale as he quickly switched to his casual combat clothing, the Grand Chariot armor vanishing in a flash of light.

"Great...now how in the world do I respond...I guess a surprised yet polite greeting would work..."

"Hey X...and hey there Maruchan. How're you guys doing?"

"I really should clear up that comment...but I have a feeling this might just turn into a worse misunderstanding than it was with Niklaus, and posibly more difficult to confer."

"Hey Oikawas boyfriend! What's going on?" I asked calrex.

Just then I took another bagel and began eating it while maruchan still worked on his first one. I kept chewing as I looked up and down the boy in front of me.

"Man Oikawa must have a field day with you." I casually said making conversation.

Maruchan finished his bagel and started doing flips as his way of asking for another. I then took out a bagel and tossed it to him.

"So tell me *chew chew chew* Oikawa does that psychotic thing in bed doesn't he?" I asked calrex with a straight face.

"Okay with that comment I can't really leave it lie. I've got to other option but to clear it up. Although I have a feeling a worser response might be in the works should I do so..."

"Well, going alright, although I guess I didn't get a chance to give you my name last time. I'm Calrex. As for Oikawa's bedroom mannerisms, I really have no idea. I actually don't swing that way in fact."

Calrex put his hands in his jacket pockets as he casually scanned the area. There appeared to be another player in the area, but they seem to be merely observing the conversation at the moment.

"I could take this and have some fun with it though. It seems to be his style of interaction."

"Actually I already have a girlfriend thanks. Although I'm sure if you wanted to give Oikawa a shot he seems like he'd make a great partner."

Calrex made sure to put a joking tone in his voice as he spoke the second sentence.

Rusty shrugged as he figured out that these two people knew each other. "Probably an inside joke.." he mumbled to himself as he watched the two conversed. Sighing, he looked up at the sky as he let the wind whip his face with lashes of brisk, fresh air. Getting up, Rusty decided to leave somewhere else. There wasn't anything to do in this floor and he couldn't go back to sleep after being woken up like that. Breathing in the fresh air, he began walking slowly towards the teleportation gate which wasn't that far out. When Rusty walked by the two players, he quickly took a glance at their faces before returning his eyesight towards the road ahead of him. Hopefully they didn't reach out to him. He didn't feel like talking today.

"Wait... Your not gay?" I said surprised.

"And and... You don't know what Oikawa does in the bedroom... Ok I'm gonna just humor you and belive that to be true for the next two minuets." I told calrex.

Maruchan and I finally finished the last of the bagels so I tossed the bag and the wind sent it flying. I looked around the town not really much going on. Well that be true IF I didn't have a gig to play in a few minuets.

"Hey calrex I gotta get to a gig over in this place called the black dime cafe. Dumb name I know, anyways you should come get some food I actually heard the muffins aren't bad." I told calrex.

"*sigh* I knew it was going to go down this route. Well, I'm not gonna waste too much thought process on trying to correct him. Since he's in Square One I'm sure Oikawa can clear this misunderstanding up at a later time. Either that or he'll see me with Teayre and...well, that would be a very dangerous situation as well, now that I think of it."

"Black Dime Cafe huh? Sounds interesting. Yeah, I've got nothing really going on today, so I can tag along if it's no trouble."

He gave a quick stretch to get his muscles warmed up. Even though it was a fairly short nap he still felt slightly stiff, although not as stiff as he thought he was going to be.

"I guess that armor is fairly comfortable after all. I'll need to let Oikawa know about that little tidbit."

He looked over and took notice that the other player that was in the area seemed to be walking out of the rest spot, "Guess he's heading off. I'm surprised I didn't notice him while I was resting. Guess I really am letting my guard down a little too much."

Rusty stopped mid-track. If he had ever had a shining moment of stupidity, this would be it. He had forgotten his rapier on the bench was sitting on. Running back to get it, he picked it up and put it inside in inventory. At this point, the two players from before were approaching him. Thinking they're were asking him to tag along somewhere, Rusty turned around and walked in the direction they were going, although he was leaving the teleportation gate behind. Oh great. They're behind me and could possibly be following me.. Great idea, you idiot.. Rusty sighed as he knew one of them were gonna yell or come up from behind and ask him to join them..

"Come on calrex! Pick it up or I'm gonna be late!" I yelled as I began running.

I bumped into some kid with brown hair and pushed him down. Hell I would have stopped to see if he was ok but we are in a safe zone and I am late.

"Get the hell out of the way!" I yelled behind me just trying to make it to the cafe.

As I turned the corner of the street I could see the cafe in sight. The line outside had grown a block long. Not a bad turnout for a mid day gig.

"Gloria!!! Hold the damn door open for me and my friend!" I yelled to the shop owner who I could see from down the street in the glass door frame.

As I ran by the crowd cheered and I smiled and waved to them. After I made it into the cafe I took my guitar out of my inventory and began running it.

"Hey cutie I'm gonna start letting people in in a minuet get set." Gloria said as I got up on the little stage in the corner.

"Thanks Gloria your the best..." I said while finishing up the running.

"Oi..."

Calrex gave a sigh as he saw X blow past the player they had seen previously. He had hoped that at the least he would have barely missed, or even somehow pulled a random comedic tornado spin, but instead he had completely slammed into him like a linebacker.

"Guess I'd best perform damage control..."

He went over to the player, putting one hand behind his head apologetically while extending the other to help him up, "I'm sorry about that. Apparently he's last for a performance at a cafe nearby. You alright?"

"Not really sure if I should go as far as saying I know X, but I guess in this case acquaintance would be the most appropriate term."

"I am out of the way you idiot.."  Rusty mumbled as he sat up from the impact. Rusty tried getting up, but collapsed again. His left leg was giving way again from the latest impact. Sighing, Rusty looked up to see the player who was urinated on earlier. The boy was apologizing for his friend's knockdown and offering his hand to help him up. Grabbing the hand, he was able to lift himself up although he had to shift his weight to his right leg. "I'm ok." Rusty answered as he stood up from the ground.

People started flooding the cafe nobody really having the room to sit. However there were people at the counter ordering food and drinks.

"Hey hey everyone. Thank you all so much for coming out." I said to the crowd that cheered back in response.

"Alright so this first song I made for a friend who is no longer with us..." I said as the crowd fell silent.

I began strumming the guitar slowely then picking up the speed and pitch I got to the right sound for this ballad.

"Small little blonde girl, tell me where you've gone girl, Oh oh I know......" I began singing as the crowd remained silent listening to this actually really sad song.

Calrex's eyes scanned as he saw the person in front of him seem to shift his weight from his left to right leg as he accepted Calrex's assistance.

"Doesn't seem like he's completely okay, but going from the way this seems to be going I shouldn't pry."

As the person in front of him completely stood Calrex did a quick check to see if any dust had decided to get stuck to him. Luckily there didn't appear to be anything foreign stuck to the player, "That's good to hear. Sorry again about that."

"I seem to be meeting less and less sociable people from when I first logged into the game. I guess with all the things happening people might be more leery about meeting strangers. Although...I'm not an orange or red player so I don't have that stigma. In any case I'd best make sure this player is alright before I go catching up to X."

"​Seemz your friend ran off without you.. some friend." Rusty scoffed as he looked in the direction where the boy had fled. One thing was off. Where was the dog? He had seen it walking with the owner, but now it was nowhere to be seen. Thinking nothing of it, Rusty offered his name to boy in front him. "My name is Rusty.." This also kinda of surprised Rusty himself since he usually wanted nothing to do with people. Maybe I got knocked down a bit too hard.. Rusty sighed as he looked down at his left leg. It was still hard getting used to running again and he still found himself falling down or it collapsing sometimes unexpectedly.

I looked over to Gloria while playing and singing. She's serving tons of orders and having maruchan carry the orders to people on his head. Well as long as it keeps him busy I dont really care. As the song came to a close I the crowd clapped and some seemed to be crying. Maybe I should knock off the sad stuff and give these people what they came here to see.

"Alright alright now it's time for what you all came here to see." I said of course talking about my covers of songs from the real world.

"This song is from one of my favorite old bands the yeah yeah yeahs!" I yelled as the crowd cheered.

The song starts with an easy little rift.

"You make me, You make me, You make me! Tick tick tick..." I started to sing the incredibly fast lyrics of the song.

Well the crowd seems into it so im doing my job.

"Well, I wouldn't really go so far as saying friend just yet. More like acquaintance actually. Besides I wouldn't want to hold him up."

Calrex felt a bead of sweat as the player in front of him commented about X's disappearance. As the player introduced himself as Rusty Calrex gave a nod as he returned the greeting, "It's nice to meet you. I'm Calrex. The person that ran by you just now is X, but I have a feeling you probably might not be seeing him for a while."

Taking notice of Rusty looking down at his leg Calrex quickly scanned the area for a nearby sitting area, spotting one a few paces away. He looked back over to Rusty, gesturing over to the bench, "Here let's take a seat for now."

With that he helped Rusty over to the bench before standing back up, putting his hands in his jacket pockets, "So save the unfortunate encounter just now how as SAO been treating you so far?"

Limping towards the seat Calrex offered, Rusty thought about how many times he had a conversation anywhere in the real word. Then it hit him. He didn't. New kids at his school were given rumors and lies that made them steer clear of him and now he was talking to people as if he could. Sitting down, Calrex asked him about how SAO was treating him. "Better in here than out there honestly." Rusty admitted. That was the truth and he wasn't going to life for no reason. Some people would call him crazy, but if they had gone through what he had endured, they would agree too. Shaking his left left, he regained feeling in it but chose to stay seated. Rusty wanted to sit because he felt that if the game was beaten, he wouldn't have a chance to do this ever again.

Baldur had been walking through the town on his way back from a supply run, when he saw the familiar face of Calrex helping a limping player he didn't recognize over to a bench. Cal was wearing his casual clothes instead of his armor, just as Baldur did, though his katana was still at his side, and his jeweled livery collar rested around his shoulders. He picked up his pace until he was closer to the pair as Calrex sat him down. The older man's blue eyes scanned the pair, but neither of the health bars appeared damaged.

"Hey, are you guys alright?" He nodded in a familiar fashion with Calrex, but reserved his concerned expression for Rusty.