OP - F1 Who Knew Armor Could Be Comfy (Completed)

As the song ended I hd to catch my breath because the lyrics are so damn fast. The crowd then continued to applaud as I finished.

"Ok guys I'm gonna take a bit of rest but il be back up here before you know it." I told the crowd.

I then walked over to the bar as people began swarming around me. Giving me awkward praise and asking me questions.

"Hey Gloria get me a coffee. Ha no man I ain't ever tried to jump down from one floor to the other off the side." I said to Gloria then to a random fan.

"Fair enough. That seems to be the case for many people I've met so far."

As Calrex made sure that Rusty was alright he looked over and saw another familiar player come walking up to them. It was Baldur, a member of the Azure Brigade and owner of the Catfish Sundries merchant shop, someone he had not seen since the night he first met Xanatos, "Hey Baldur long time no see."

As Baldur inquired about the two's current status Calrex gave a nod, "I'm alright. This player just got barreled into by an acquaintance in a hurry earlier, so I wanted to make sure that he was alright."

He turned to Rusty as he motioned over to Baldur, "This armored giant here is Baldur. He's a member of the Azure Brigade and a pretty powerful player."

With that he did the same for Baldur, "And this person is Rusty."

With that he got to his feet, "I'll be right back. I need to check and see where X went. Shouldn't be too long. Although if you need to get going somewhere go ahead."

With that he gave a nod to Baldur before making his way quickly to the Black Dice Cafe, peeking in. It looked like X was taking a break at the moment, so  he promptly silently closed the entrance and made his way back. As he did he switched back to his Grand Chariot armor, his breathing now echoing within the confined of his helmet.

"It looks like he's still doing whatever performance he was running late for, so I'll leave him to it for now."

Rusty was answering Calrex's question when another player slightly taller than him asked them if they were alright. Turning to answer, Calrex instead answered the stranger with a tone that let Rusty know they knew each other. "What he said" was the reply he gave towards the new player. It was strange to find that most people in SAO knew each other since Calrex seemed to know two people he met out off the odds of 9997 players meeting him. "Its like a big family reunion, whoop-de-doo.." Rusty mumbled as he thought about this. Then Calrex left to find the player he was with before and at the bench was Rusty and a guy named Baldur.

Baldur gave rusty a pleasant, friendly smile that reflected genuinely in his eyes as he bowed respectfully to the boy and offered a "Konnichi wa." As Calrex ran off across the square for a moment, Baldur's eyes followed him with a hint of confusion, before returning his gaze to Rusty with a bit of mirth and a chuckle.

"I swear, X causes chaos wherever he goes, but he does it by design." The contradiction made him smile.

Focusing his eyes on Rusty for a moment brought up the targeter and his health bar, which Baldur saw again was a full. He also didn't see a guild icon, where his own would show the symbol for the Azure Brigade.

"I have not seen you stop by my store yet. Not that I have met everyone, but usually people have stopped by my general store at least once. Do you venture to the upper floors much?"

After a while of sitting at the cafe enjoying myself and the company of a lot of people. It came to the time when people start doubting my acrobatics. I personally think it's just so that they can see some stunts with out directly asking me. Either way I enjoy doing them.

"Alright il take this chair, that cup, and il get on top of the bar." I said as I began balancing the items.

I set the chair up on the bar then the cup in my hand. I then hopped up and balanced the chair on one leg as I used the cup to balance on top of the chair. I only needed to use one arm to hold my place.

"Huh? Huh? Pretty amazing right?" I asked the crowd as they simply cheered in response.

Eventually after some time Calrex made it back over to where Rusty and Baldur were at, although now equipped in his Grand Chariot armor, "Well it looks like X's performance is still going, so I'll know where he is for now."

He rested his hands on the diamond shaped tassets of his armor as he relaxed against the wall just behind the bench. He saw that Baldur seemed to be checking on Rusty status wise, seeing that the man's eyes were focused on where Rusty's health bar would be.

"The Azure Brigade...that reminds me...actually nevermind. It'll be taken care of eventually. But going from what I can tell it might mean I'm going to be seeing more of Baldur and Ariel soon."

Rusty answered "Nihongo wo hanasemasu ka?"  at Baldur. Today wasn't a active day and all Rusty mostly wanted to was be quiet, although he didn't want to be rude so he didn't go to sleep. Sitting on the bench, Rusty fiddled with his thumbs until Calrex returned from his trip. Sitting back, he quietly looked at the rest of the passing people. Today wasn't going to be a bad day though, Rusty thought.

Baldur smiled at Rusty and continued speaking Japanese, like he usually did. "Don't we all?"

Turning his head as Calrex came up to him, Baldur couldn't help but chuckle. "I never cease to be amazed at X's ability to find cafe's willing to put up with his banter. I am almost jealous that he can befriend people so easily. He walks into another cafe called 'Starlight' and trashes the place, and badmouths the owner... but they're such good friends that it's all part of their rapport." He shook his head in bewilderment and let out another small chuckle.

"I hope I didn't intrude on you both, I just saw you helping Rusty-kun and I thought I might be of service."

His smile was one of complete sincerity and honesty.

"Plus it is nice to see you outside of my shop, Calrex. I have to admit, with the rate you seemed to be going through my healing potions, I was always worried about whether I would see you the next time." Baldur made a fist and rapped it against his friend. "But I can see you appear to be doing quite well now. Perhaps it is I who will be asking you for help."

• 2 months later...

OOC: Due to inactivity and Baldur's departure, I'm going to conclude this thread with this post.

IC:

Calrex gave a nod to Rusty and Baldur, "Yeah, I was worried for quite a while, but now that I have the Grand Chariot armor it seems my survivability has grown by leaps and bounds, heh. But definitely if you ever need a hand I'd be glad to give it. If it weren't for your services I wouldn't even be here."

With that looked at the time by looking at the sun's position. "Well, in any case I'd best get moving. Take care you two, hopefully I'll be seeing you all around!"

He took off towards the teleportation circle, "I wonder where I should head now?"

Topic Complete

• Topic Complete (1 SP per player)
  • 1 Page Complete (400 col / 100 per player)