PP - F1 Dungeon Raid Preparations (Oikawa) (Completed)

As Calrex and Oikawa made it back into town he nodded as he made his way towards the Starlight Cafe, "Let's get your cheesecake fix before we do any shopping. That way we can also devise some battle strategies for the dungeon while you're chowing down."

As they arrived at the building he opened the door, giving a friendly way to the waiter as he requested a table for two people. As they sat down he ordered Oikawa's strawberry cheesecake and an iced mocha for himself as he switched back to his casual combat clothing, changing in a flash of light.

Calrex took the lead and opened the door to the cafe. Ahhh.... Starlight Cafe...Coming here will never get old haha. As the bluenette got them some seats, Oikawa thought about every detail he knew for the dungeon. I may not know much, but a little information is better than none. The cheesecake arrived promptly and he just as quickly began to dig in. "Sooo, can you think of any places that may sell Teleportation Crystals?

"Hm...not that I can think of off hand, at least on this floor. From what I can remember only merchant shops are capable or carrying them, and Baldur's was the only one that was in business. I think I may have seen another on the tenth floor during my visits up there, but i've never actually taken the time to check inside."

As Oikawa dug into his dessert Calrex felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head for a second, "Man, he tucks into that cheesecake like Teayre does strawberry sundaes. I should start calling it their crack or something."

"So in terms of the dungeon, have you got any info about what might be down there? Possibly what kind of monsters we should be expecting?"

Oikawa nodded as Calrex explained that they virtually had no way of gaining teleport crystals at the moment. Taking another to chomps out of his pie, Oikawa pushed the plate to the side briefly and looked at Calrex with a pensive stare. "Alright, you know the Black Iron Palace right? Largest landmark on the first floor? Well just outside the back side of the palace, lies an underground water supply. Through there, we can make our way into the dungeon. As far as creatures go, I can only confirm Scavenger Toads. What other beasts and  field bosses lie beneath are beyond me."

Concluding his limited knowledge, he retrieved his plate and begin to finish off the last of his pie.

Calrex nodded as Oikawa briefed him on what knowledge he had of the secret dungeon they were about to journey into, "Well, I've never actually visited the Black Iron Palace myself. Guess there's a lot more to this floor than I had explored."

As Oikawa began to get to the end of his dessert Calrex quickly finished his cold drink, the ice making a soft clink as they settled into the bottom of the glass. "In any case I guess the thing first and foremost we need to decide on is whether or not we take a quick trip up to the tenth floor and check out that shop or not. If we can procure some teleportation crystals it'll at least give us some level of safety should things get way over our heads."

"All this training would be for nothing if both of us end up dead. Plus if that happened Teayre would never forgive me."

"I've only seen it. Never bothered to go inside though." Oikawa finished the last of his pie, and pushed the late aside once more. "Yeah lets make our way to the tenth floor first. I'd rather be safe than sorry." No point in trying to get stronger if you just end up dying in the end..."By the way thanks for the pie haha!" The blonde stood up and made his way towards the door. He waited as Cal paid for the pie and drinks then headed out towards the teleportation gate.

If I recall correctly, the tenth floor has a nasty debuff. I still haven't invested in Night Vision, but Cal probably has. Oikawa whistles for his familiar King who reluctantly stayed outside while they ate and drank. "Didn't get into any trouble while I ate did ya?" The leopard cub purred and stared as if to say "such mischief is beneath me". "Well if that's the case, come on. We have a tenth floor to revisit." Oikawa placed the cub on his head just in time to notice Cal exiting the cafe. "Ready?"

As Oikawa finished his pie Calrex nodded as the two got up. He went over to the cashier and paid for the meal, giving a nod of thanks before exiting, "Well, that's certainly one of the more normal visits to this cafe as of late."

After exiting the door he looked and saw Oikawa's familiar sitting outside. He gave a small smile as he put his hands in his jacket pockets as Oikawa asked if he was prepared, "Yeah, all set. Let's get moving."

He walked with the group over through the streets of the Starting City as they made their way over to the teleportation plaza. After doing down a flight of stairs the easily recognizable location came into view, "Alright, from what I remember the shop I saw was just a few miles outside of Yomi. I don't believe we should encounter any monsters on the way, but in case any have ambushes prepared I'll see if coming beforehand."

"It's actually still surprising to me that the <<Reveal>> skill is so useful. Of course peeping toms can't put it to good use, thank goodness, but the transparency in the environment means the enemy can't use cover to sneak around."

The duo and King traversed the city limits. They quickly reached the teleportation gate. Once there, Calrex explained the location of the shop and confirmed Oikawa's thoughts regarding his investment in Night Vision. "Sounds peachy. So we're gonna hopefully grab some teleport crystals, evade mobs if possible, return here, get to the dungeon and raid it as far as we dare? Does that sum it up?

Once they confirmed their course of action, Oikawa and King by default stepped into the gate. "See you on the dark side Cal. Teleport: Yomi!" A swirl of lights and the whizzing of noises ambushed Oikawa's natural senses before everything went into total silence and darkness. "I'd recognize this pitch blackness anywhere. We're back in Yomi, King."

"Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Let's just hope that the first part goes fairly smoothly."

As Oikawa teleported Calrex made a series of swipes on his menu, selecting the 10th floor main settlement, Yomi, as his destination. Vanishing in a flash of blue light from the first floor, he reappeared on the tenth floor. He opened his eyes slowly as <<Night Vision>> skill illuminated the area for him to see easily. It was still fairly easy to tell that the floor wasn't well-lit like the other ones, but with the skill it gave him enough that he could easily see like he would in full-lighting.

Seeing Oikawa and King nearby he made his way over, "Alright, the shop should be in this direction, just a few miles outside of the settlement."

He made a swipe on his menu, equipping the Grand Armor as his voice gave a small echo, "Let's hope that the shop is in operation."

Oikawa felt around the top o his head to ensure his companion was still there. Then suddenly a familiar voice broke the eerie silence, announcing that the shop wasn't to far ahead. "RNGesus Cal! I know you can see with <Night Vision> and all but I can hardly make out my hand in this place. Can't go around scaring peeps like that haha." The barely visible bluenette then equipped his Grand Armor which gave Oikawa at least something to follow. "Guess it's a good thing your helmet's eye slits light up. Now lead the way man."

"Sure thing. If there's anything in the area I'll try to give you a heads up."

Calrex gave a small smirk under his helmet as he led Oikawa and King towards the exit out of Yomi, "From what I remember I think the name of the shop might have been something on the lines of the Night Watch or something like that. It was that and Alchemic Contagion that appeared to be the only two shops on this floor."

His eyes scanned the area, the <<Night Vision>> and <<Reveal>> skills working together to keep Calrex from getting ambushed. So far any potential areas of cover were not currently being used by enemies.

After some time a small building came into view. It seemed to match the architecture of the floor, with it being modeled somewhat after a feudal Japanese house, complete with sliding doors, "I think this is it. Hopefully it's actually being used and not a trap of some sort."

Oikawa nodded at Cal's declaration. Though he doubted the player had seen it.

The duo and familiar walked through the nighttime like floor. I doubt this place is affected by time of day seeing as how it is shrouded in total darkness twenty-four seven. The group approached a what appeared to be a house of sorts with dimly lit kerosene lamps hanging from the roof above.

Calrex mentioned that this should be the place, however there was a chance that not everything was what it seemed. "Welp, if it is a trap they better be sword ready because I swear if there are Mobs in there. I'm killing them all." With his brave declaration out of the way, Oikawa reached for the handle and slid the door open. There he stood in the doorway and waited for anything to jump out at them. 

"So about my last statement. I just remembered I can't see a thing. Sooo.... Cal how about you go in first?"

"Sure thing sounds...good?"

As Calrex approached the door his eyes focused on a sign that was stuck on the front.

"Uh,,,ok that's different..."

He turned to Oikawa, pointing, although he had a feeling that his fellow player wouldn't be able to see his finger anyway, "Uh...the sign says we need to take off our footwear...Actually it says 'Footwear are not allowed inside, please leave them at the door'"

"I...guess we should oblige?"

Calrex gave a small sigh as he switched out of the Grand Chariot armor. There was no way of removing the greaves from it, so at this point he'd be better off in his casual combat gear. With that he took off his boots and left them at the foot of the entrance, stepping up and sliding the door to the side. As he did a faint hint of light appeared from two lanterns in the hallway in front of them. "Well, at least its decently lit..."

The bluenette stepped forward only to stop and stare at something. He then explained that they most remove their footwear if they wish to enter. "Doesn't that mean you have to completely unequip your armo- The player was cut short as Cal was already a step ahead of him. As they both removed their shoes, Calrex was the first to enter.

A pair of lamps magically lit up as they entered the hallway. King inched closer towards the front of Oikawa's head and sat alert as it observed there surroundings. "You think this is the right place?" 

Floorboards creaked as the continued down the narrow hallway. Their shadows dancing along the walls as another set of lamps illuminated as the previous pair went out. This place is giving me a bad vibe...

Calrex nodded as he made his way down the hallway, opening the door, seeing the interior. The next room was illuminated by four lanterns, and to his relief there actually was the appearance of an actual shop, "Alright, looks like we're in luck."

With that he ushered Oikawa in as he closed the door behind him, "Looks like we're in the right place."

The next room looked far more welcoming than the previous extents of the building. Calrex ushered the blonde forward before closing the sliding door behind them. The shop wasn't to special in design or thought, but it was what they were looking for nonetheless.

Oikawa stepped to the counter and dinged the bell for the owner to step forward. he then looked to Calrex. "Do you know who owns the place?"

"Hm..."

As Oikawa asked him about the owner of the shop Calrex swiped down his menu to see if he could identify anything about the shop, "Hm...if the info is correct the owner is a player by the name of Crozeph. Haven't met him before."

As he looked away from the window, his eyes focusing away from it to see that the player mentioned previously beginning to approach the counter. Calrex gave Oikawa a nod as he began to browse the shelves.

"Cro-o-ozeph??? How'd you get a shop way up here? Nevermind that's besides the point. I need a teleport crystal for Calrex and myself." Oikawa forked over the Col. He was still shocked to see the familiar face of his guildmate. Collecting the items, he patted Cal on the shoulder and gestured for them to make their exit. "We'll talk about the later Cro!!!"

I can't believe Crozeph has a shop. Let alone on the tenth floor. Oikawa led the group back outside and finally turned to face the bluenette. "Who would of guessed that Crozeph owned the place? he location is fitting I guess." Petting King, Oikawa began to head back towards Yomi. "Come on Cal. We have a dungeon to raid."

Calrex watched as Oikawa was flustered for a split second upon seeing Crozeph. Recognizing the cross flag of Square One near his name he gave a nod, "Oh, so Crozeph is also a member of Oikawa's guild. What a funny coincidence."

As Oikawa completed his transaction Calrex gave a quick bow of thanks to the shopkeeper before following his comrade out of the shop. As they reached the exit he made sure not to forget to put his boots back on before continuing after Oikawa, "Yeah, not a lot of players seem to want to set up shop on this floor. I'm guessing for the same reason why not a lot of people come here in the first place. Without the <<Night Vision>> ability this floor is extremely treacherous."

As Oikawa reminded him of the raid he smirked and gave a nod, "You're right. Let's make our way back to the first floor and get ourselves geared up."

The trio trudged warily through the darkness. Though with Cal's <Night Vision> Oikawa was sure they wouldn't encounter any problems without him noticing first. The out skirts of Yomi reared into view. Picking up the pace, Oikawa couldn't help but feel excited to get back to the first floor. This place gives me the creeps, but I'm also really excited to raid this dungeon. There's no telling what we will find.

"You ready for this Cal?"

Oikawa didn't wait for an answer as he stepped into the gate and ushered the words needed to return him to the first floor.