[OP-F1] New Beginnings

Crow's eyes darted from one end of the crowd to the other. Upon beginning an aimless walk around the Town of Beginnings he'd accidently allowed to be caught in a sea of people that was steadily growing. "Where are these people going anyway?" He thought anxiously as he looked once again through the crowd, trying to keep at least everyone ahead of him in his field of vision. He was close to losing it. He looked around for a way to get out-by any means necessary. His eyes stopped scanning the area as he shifted his path to a nearby restaurant. He opened the door and walked in, glad to be out of what seemed like a never ending sea of possible enemies. Even in a safe zone, Crow can't stifle his fear, even for a moment. After taking a moment to compose himself he looked up at the people in the restaraunt.

Kotori was exhausted. She had been chased around by two boars, unable to access her inventory and then found herself lost in the woodlands of floor 2. Finally finding her way out, she made it to a restaurant on floor 1 and collapsed on one of the seats. Instead of ordering food or anything similar to thst, Kotori simply laid her head on the wooden table. Closing her eyes, she tried to go to sleep, but chatter in the tavern was too loud for her to do that. Sighing, she looked up to see a boy staring at somebody. She didn't feel like talking, so she looked back down at the grains in the wood.

Laying in his usual napping spot in floor 1, Zeri noticed that the Town of Beginnings is even more crowed that when he first came into the game. "Wow, just look at all these people. I wonder how many of them will wither away from here?" Zeri had wondered about that since he got here and hoped that he wouldn't be the one of the many people to die in this game. Bored, Zeri decided to head into the huge crowd. After a while, Zeri managed to make his way out of the crowd and into a restaurant. He made his way into the restaurant and found himself a seat and found a waitress and asked her a question, "Excuse me, if water if complementary, may I have a glass please?" As he waited for the water, Zeri had spotted a new player who peeked his interest, a male player to be exact, so Zeri had decided to keep his eyes on him.

Crow took a seat and ordered some food. He was glad that he'd escaped that crowd, another few seconds and he would've snapped. He relaxed himself for a moment and took another look through the restaurant. "Pretty quiet in here..." He thought as he noticed one of the players watching him. He made eye contact with him and silently looked him over. "He looks like he could put up a decent fight, where did he get that scar?" He thought it over in his mind and realized quite quickly that the only way to find out was to talk to him. He tried to ignore him, not wanting to really talk to anyone. He tried his best to just enjoy his meal, but curiosity gnawed at him. He cast a quick glance at the player to see if he was still watching and he was. "Well, curiosity may have killed the cat, but wonderring destroyed the cat's mind." He thought and sighed as he got up to go and say hello. "Well, let's see what we can do here." He thought as he walked over to the wolf haired player who was watching him. He took his seat and looked him straight in the eyes. "So... How's it going over here?" Crow smiled.

As soon as Zeri got his cup of water, he thanked the waitress and started to sip the water little by little. He continued to keep his eye on the player he saw earlier until he came over to talk to him. Zeri wondered will this player will die with the rest of them or will he actually survive the game. Then the player came and sat down with Zeri and spoke to him. "Everything's alright. Just sipping on some water." Zeri took another sip of water and continued, "How about you? So...I hope you really don't mind me asking you to introduce yourself to me and telling me a little bit about yourself cause there's something about you that really peeked my interest and I quite can't put my finger on it. I'm Zeri by the way. Nice to meet you."

"Name's Crow. There's nothing really that special about me besides being able to use cold reading. Nice to meet you, Zeri." Crow looked Zeri over once again. "There is a question I want to ask you though." He once again found himself focusing on the scar more than anything. "Where did you get that scar?"

(Sorry for short writing, really, really, REALLY tired right now and I'm about to crash for the night. Ciao.)

"Cold reading huh? Kotori mumbled as she overheard the conversation in the cubicle next to her. Cold reading was very difficult to do, according to the books she read at home. The boy seemed very interesting, although he felt a bit empty as if his motions and feelings were something that was programmed into him. Also, his name felt familiar. Crow. Maybe she had heard it somewhere else, that was unprobable. It was probably best to keep listening, maybe her questions would be answered.

"Hmm...where have I heard that before." Zeri tried to recollect his memories of where he heard that before. "Oh! Now I remember! Is it when someone is able to predict what someone is thinking and using it to your advantage?" Zeri had read a book about cold reading back when he was in school and found it very interesting and wanted to meet someone like that, and now he did. Then Crow asked him about the scar. Zeri had touched the scar and said,"Haha! I almost forgot about that. It happened when I was a little younger. I was playing with some wild animals back around the forest where I lived at and then suddenly, a tree appeared out of nowhere and decided to have a little fun on my face. So...that's how I got it!" Zeri then took another sip of water and started to ask Crow a question. "About you cold reading..."Zeri had stopped there since Zeri probably knew that Crow knew what he was thinking.

"X hurry the hell up your on in 5!!!" The shop owner yelled at me while I was in the alley.

I was back there playing with Maruchan and going over what I was going to play. Just then I finished tunning up my guitar and the strings glowed.

"Alright! Shut the hell up Gloria! Your lucky I'm doing this sh*t for free." I said as maruchan hopped on my shoulder and I began walking towards the door.

I came into the back of the restaurant and made my way through the kitchen. After I got out to the dinner area I made my way over to the stage were a wooden stool sat.

"Hello patrons! For your evening entertainment the shop owner has bribed me to play for you all!" I joked as scattered claps and chuckles came from the customers.

I then sat on the stool and began strumming the relaxing spanish tune for my first song.

"Ay mi mariposa, yo guero tu....." I began singing in Spanish

Crow frowned as he cut off his question. "It's a little harder to pull off on someone I just met. I need to get a little deeper in your head to pull it off. Let me talk with you a bit more and I may be able to predict your thoughts." Crow then looked over as someone began to perform on stage. He smiled as he listened to the song. "Spanish. One of the world's most spoken languages." He then looked over at Zeri again, this time intent on answering the question.

"Ok, so what you want to talk about?" Zeri ask Crow as he tried to figure out what to ask as well. Zeri as thought that Crow could become a good ally to have around and he also thought of how long he'll be useful. But before Zeri could ask another question, he heard an all too familiar voice signing a song. "Out of all the places..." Zeri had said. He didn't even have to turn around to notice who it was. It was his guild mate, X who was performing here. Zeri really didn't like X (due to the fact that they really haven't been around each other a lot) so Zeri decided to ignore X and ask Crow a question. "So, what made you want to play this game?"

"It's him again!" Kotori exclaimed as she saw X take the stage and begin to sing. This was horrible, she already knew what he was trying to do. She quickly turned her face towards the window, trying to ignore the boy and draw less attention from her now red face. Her attempts to know more about the boy who could cold read was destroyed the instant she heard that voice. Hopefully, X didn't notice her or today would be even worse than before.

As my song ended I paused for the usual claps as maruchan hoped off my shoulder strangely enough. My eyes followed him through the clapping crowd as he came to a table with a girl sitting by herself. Then I saw maruchan hop on said table and begin making his high pitched barks at the girl and began wagging his tail.

"Uh... Alright folks this next song is a little something I think you'll all like." I said as I fixed my attention back to what I was doing.

I began strumming the guitar fast and skillfully.

"I used to start again, oh I know, I know..." I began singing while watching maruchan procede to lick the girls hand.

The door then slammed open as if a strong gust of wind blew and almost, just almost destroying the door. It caught the attention of some players inside but Crozeph didn't really pay any attention to them. he shifted and hid behind the wall beside the door and crossed his arms followed by a sigh "players telling other players to do payback on me, why can't they just do it by themselves" he thought as his foot continuously tapped on the floor. Afew seconds later he could hear footsteps, fast and heavy stomping like it was three or more of them, their boots echoing outside as Crozeph leaned on the wall. The other players looked at him and stared, confused as to what is happening and just outside, shouting can be heard. "Where's that damn crow-like boy! come out now birdie, we'll make a nice trinket with your feathers" one of them said. Crozeph sighed "I don't even have feathers, this dumb beings" he mumbled. Crozeph then peeked on the door and saw them, three of them wearing armor as if for tanking purposes "now I just have to stay quiet till they pass by."

Crow met Zeri's eyes. "That is a long story that I'd rather not get into, but to summarize I just needed something new." Crow looked at the ceiling for a moment and considered the story he mentioned. "I can tell you later if you really want to know..." Crow's thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a loud sound and he looked over at the door. "Who's that?... What was that about a crow?..." He thought. He hadn't been paying much attention to anyone besides Zeri, so he was surprised to see the door almost destroyed and a guy standing near it. "This should definitely be interesting." He said as he looked out the door to see some people outside. Crow smiled once again.

"Let's enjoy the show, Zeri."

"That's too bad..." Zeri had said to Crow. Then Corw offed Zeri that he'll tell it later. "Sounds like a plan. Maybe I can see your gift at work then!" Then all of a sudden, the door slammed opened and Crozeph came rushing in. "I wonder what got him so worked up. I hope he's not in any trouble." Soon after that that, Zeri opened up his menu and equipped 'Claymore of Amarok' which appeared on his back. "I guess we see how this'll play out." Zeri told Crow as stood back as he watched to see what was going to happen.

Crozeph continued hiding beside the door, trying to keep his disguise intact. He then looked at the people inside and put his index finger on his lips, telling them to keep quiet. The silence remained for only a few seconds when the door got destroyed this time completely and when the player clad in heavy armor entered, the next thing he saw was a hilt of a sword, white and flashed before and when his senses returned he saw Crozeph standing by the doorway "sorry about that, I didn't know your armor is just for show so I've used a considerable amount of force" he said. The player snarled as he stood up, his companions closing in on Crozeph. Crozeph jumped back and then jumped back to the counter and stood there "quite a devoted chap on causing trouble around here eh?" he said, his left hand on the hilt of his sword "safe zones keeps us from dying but not from the pain" he told them "I suggest taking this somewhere where we can't cause anymore trouble for people eating here" he added. The player smirked "we're not giving you another chance to escape" the player said before charging at Crozeph with his longsword. Crozeph took a quick step forward and landed his foot on the face of the player sending back outside yet and again. He then turned his attention to the people inside "sorry about this lovelies, I'll try to settle this outsi..." Crozeph dashed forward and kicked the other one who entered, piling him over the first one who got kicked "so I'm playing the bad guy here?" he told them.

Kotori stood up in a beat with her dagger in hand. She had heard a loud noise, and reacted quickly. Getting out of her cubicle, she saw a boy kick two other players to the floor and began to fight. "Great, what's next.." she muttered, annoyed that her peaceful quiet was ruined by this fight. Maybe if she had gone somewhere else, this wouldn't have happened, but she was too afraid to leave for fear of X noticing her. Speaking of X, he was still singing on stage even though almost everyone was watching the confrontation going on. Kotori put to him being so full of himself that he just kept singing, hoping to be the center of attention. In the end, Kotori just wanted to leave. She wanted to be able to rest and not be bothered doing so. Instead of staying around to watch the fight, she exited the tavern and fled the area. Hopefully there were some cheap inns in the area. She was looking to sleep the day off.

*Kotori leaves the roleplay*

My second song was cut short by a fight that broke out. Started also by one of my own guilds elite guardians. I really hate this guild getting me into all sorts of things like this. So I stopped playing and put my guitar back in my inventory.

"Gloria, consider this my pay." I said as I began walking off stage.

"Consider what your pay you little punk!?!?" Gloria yelled as I began charging for the entrance of the tavern.

Just then I dove through the window and shattered it. I then rolled out onto the street were the two players had landed.

"Crozeph, what gives? I was in the middle of a show you know." I scolded Crozeph as I tightened the wraps around my hands.

"Anyways I suggest you two get out of here, my kicks and punches hurt a hell of a lot more than crozephs." I said to the two players in the street.

Crozeph was holding one of them players by the collar whom he gave a few headbutts. He got worked up now that the players almost caused trouble on a place which is usually peaceful "I'm going to say this once...scram" he said calmly. Crozeph then saw a girl leave, probably not impressed or was annoyed by what happened. Crozeph shook his shoulders "sh** happens" he said. Crozeph was about to hurl the other one when he heard X's voice "ohh, sorry about that" he said "well this can be a show also, you might play a background music fitting for a fight" he added. Crozeph then nodded when X told the others about how h'ell hurt them more "that's right, X has a higher quality punch, not to mention he's like a ball bouncing everywhere when he gets serious" he said. One of the players ran away leaving only two more to deal with "so how about this, you leave then Floor 1 will be peaceful again." Crozeph brushed his hair up "you stay, X's beats you up to his heart's content while I go grab something to eat" he added.