[PP, F1] Secret Medicine of the Forest (Meokka, Teayre,Kotori) (COMPLETE!)

Guest Meokka

(Meokka, Teayre,Kotori Party. Sorry couldn't edit the topic name)

Meokka looked through her quest list. Seemed she had to get some sort of medical item. She figured she'd have to gather it, and some back up would be a great idea. She was unaware about the little Nepent mobs that they'd have to fight off. She just assumed she'd have to gather from a plant. While looking out for boars. She waited in the starting city by the central fountain. She put a marker on herself ad put up a party notice.

Secret Medicine of the Forest Party Request

She looked down into the water, and dipped her hand in. She was surprised how real that felt, and drew it back. This would be her first quest and it tugged at her. Was it really true, that you could die? She pulled up her menu again and stared at the missing log out option. She poked where it should be but nothing happened. She moved her hand to get rid of the menu and just closed her eyes waiting patiently. She shouldn't be worried, with another person everything would be easy right? She tried to keep her resolve and wits about her. She only hoped that no one would look down on her for being a new player. That strange lonely feeling struck her, she thought she wouldn't feel that way again after she gained a family, but that family wasn't here. 

Meokka chewed the inside of her cheek and tapped her left foot waiting for a reply from anyone willing to help her on her first run.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Teayre wandered out of the inn that Calrex and herself regularly stayed at she made her way to the central fountain letting out a little sigh as Beleram cried from above and sailed down landing next to a girl who had closed her eyes after just dismissing her menu. Looking above her she saw the marker indicating that she was looking for a group for a quest, as she saw the name of the quest Teayre let out chuckle before blushing it was the first quest she’d gone on herself and she’d met someone very special on it. Walking up to her Teayre waved at her as Beleram started to be his usual self and landed on Meokka’s shoulder and nibbled at her ear.

“Beleram! Stop that damn you! I’m really sorry, he does that all the time. I don’t mind if it’s to myself but we don’t even know you yet. I’m Teayre by the way.â€

Smiling Teayre reached up and carefully plucked her snow feathered eagle of off the taller girl’s shoulder and placed him on her own. Stroking his head she checked to make sure he was comfortable before turning back to the girl.

“So you’re looking for a part for the Secret Medicine of the Forest quest? I can help if you like, I’ve already done the quest so I might be able to give a little bit more insight.â€

Guest Meokka

She looked at the bird and her eyes went wide when it nibbled at her. Out of habit she grabbed her spear. A red head came by and rescued her ear. She got up and bowed politely.

"Meokka, it's a pleasure to meet you Teayre." she stood up straight after that. "I know this is a death game but I'm willing to accept that I can't sit on my hands and expect someone else to win this thing for everyone. I want to make sure if I have to relocate or something I can rely on myself. Would you mind helping me out and joining my party for the quest?" She asked curiously.

As Meokka went for her spear Teayre raised an eyebrow when she didn’t lower it. Letting out a chuckle she places a hand on Meokka’s shouder

“I’ll join, but drop the spear for now I don’t mean you any harm at all. Besides we’re in a safe zone, I’ll help you out can’t be having you die if I can help it. So any idea what to do for the quest or would you like a brief explanation?â€

Watching the girl Teayre removes her hand and turns her back to the girl, sighing as she sits down on a bench nearby her.

“It’s good you know it’s a death game, but just remember one thing. Whilst we’re trapped inside this game, this doesn’t just remain a game, it becomes our reality. Enjoying yourself is as important as clearing floors and levels.†Leaning her head back she looks at Meokka upside down, chuckling “You seem sensible enough though so I probably didn’t need to tell you that. The other point I should mention, I don’t care if we fail the mission we all come back alive, you, me and Beleram. Got it?â€

Guest Meokka

She put her sword back on her back and listened to the smaller woman. Hearing her end her speech she stood at attention.

"Indeed ma'am. I don't intend to get us into any bad sorts of trouble." she accepted her into the party. "I don't know much about the quest, but I wouldn't mind gathering intel on it ma'am." she stated like a soldier. "It appears I have to retrieve something for medical purposes. When I find it and harvest for it, I wouldn't mind someone watching my back ma'am. If we run into trouble I'll try to fight along side of you, but should it get to heavy we'll run." she agreed. "Do you know of the quest ma'am?" She was a bit stuffy and this new person might do her some good.

Teayre stood and whirled around glaring at the girl, Beleram’s wings spread out as he swayed from side to side almost losing his balance.

“Stop with the ma’am seriously that’s frustrating we’re solo players there’s no guild rank or anything to go by, if anything we’d be frie-“

The word choked in Teayre’s mouth as she looked the girl up and down, shaking her head from side to side before sighing.

“The quest we have to hunt Nepent we’re looking for a specific variety of Nepent which is also the flaming rarest one. It has a red flower on it and they can all be awkward to kill so we need to stick together to cover ourselves. The next point have you got everything you’ll need for the quest?â€

Bringing her own menu up Teayre flicks through the equipment list, as she dismissed her menu she looked Meokka in the eyes.

“I’m out of healing stuff, so if possible I’ll need to head to a shop before we head out to be on the safe side, it shouldn’t matter too much because of the levels but it doesn’t hurt to be prepared.†

Guest Meokka

He eyes widened a bit and she almost walked right into the smaller girl. Seeing her choke on her words Meokka looked away from her a bit awkwardly. She listened to the woman and turned to watch her close her inventory.

"Sadly I'm stuck with my starting equipment. Unless this bread and water serves some purpose, I've got nothing either. No cole to my name I'm afraid." 

She would like the idea of having potions on her but she couldn't afford anything. Yet. I studied using two handed lances so I'll be able to do a bit more damage should the need arise. Plus one to be exact. I was reading through the manual about the hate mechanic on how monsters choose their targets. I was wondering, because that bird belongs to you, if it dealt a monster damage would the hate go more on you or is it distributed more evenly then that? Sorry for asking such questions.....I just want to be prepared for anything. Even though I'm new to this I'm.........I wouldn't want to be the cause of something bad." she stated quickly.

She was naturally protective. This person was going to help her out so she'd in turn treat this woman like a queen. Maybe hand over some of the cole after completing the quest as a thank you.

"Do you know where the mob spawns?" she walked with the woman, she figured they were going to a store for supplies. 

Standing with her hands on her hips she cracks her neck a couple of times, listening intently to all the questions Meokka has to ask of her.

“I’ve got an idea where the mobs will spawn, as for this bird his name is Beleram and he doesn’t belong to me. He’s my friend and companion he chose to be with me when I completed the quest. He can’t do much in combat, but that doesn’t stop me having him around. He can be cute when he wants to be. Hate wise as you’ve not got many skills other than your lance and I’ve not taken any skills related to hate, then each attack you do generates one hate, if you manage to get lucky and hit a vital spot you generate two hate. I’ll do my best to keep the mobs on me though. Don’t worry about Col, you’ll get enough of that, I’ll probably get some to from the monster drops. Now then let’s make a move shall we? Oh you also get a weapon called the Anneal Blade from the quest.â€

Relaxing herself she scratches Beleram’s head as she starts to head towards the entrance, her bubbliness fading as she crosses out of the safe zone, her left hand resting on her weapons hilt her right fussing Beleram. Teayre’s eyes scanned the area watching carefully for anything that might come their way.

“Meokka, stay close and don’t do anything stupid. The spawning area for the Little Nepents are this way.â€

Guest Meokka

She nodded understanding.

"He's rather majestic ma'am." she wasn't use to saying her name just yet. As they walked into the area a mob came their way it didn't seem to have the right top.

BATTLE START (My hp is 13, I need to update my sig soon I'm lvl 5 when this battle occured)

-----------------------------

Nepent HP: 9 (Rounded up)

Battle order Meokka, Teayre, Beleram, Nepent!

-----------------------------

ID: 15322, BD 7, CD 2, LD 4

Meokka noticed the enemy as it approached.

"That one is getting too close. Allow me ma'am!" 

She jumped in front of Teayre and thrust her spear at the plant like creature.

"Target confirmed and hit!" she looked over her shoulder hoping Teayre was ready for a switch!

Monster HP 7

[Meo just so you know, Beleram doesn't get a turn in combat he's an entirely non-combat pet]

ID: 15325

BD: 4 (3 + 1 ACC)

As Teayre ran forwards she pushed Meokka out of the way, backflipping from the push as a tentacle came flying down where the girl was stood.

“Meokka! Pay attention to the mob not to me.â€

Beleram had taken flight and settled himself in a nearby tree. Teayre dashed forwards her blade suddenly singing in her hand as she started to move dodging the Nepents strikes.

“Blast it I can’t get any hits in this way. Meokka, take over and stay focused on the creature okay? Don’t look back for anything unless I call out another mob.â€

As one of the nepents tentacles came round Teayre jumped landing smoothly on it she ran towards the creature as another one came crashing in from the side kicking off the one she was on the small girl spun in the air and landed on the ground her free hand supporting her fall as she slid back several feet.

“Don’t take any risks okay?â€

HP LIST

Meokka: 13/13

Teayre: 44/44

Little Nepent: 7/9

Guest Meokka

(You're going to lol when you see this XD)

HP LIST

Meokka: 13/13 (1 hate)

The Nepent went to whip Meokka and failed it's teticals in a rage. It was feet away from hitting Meokka at all. She used this chance to try to attack the thing.

"Sorry ma'am I'll get it!" 

She felt her heart ache knowing it may have been her fault the eagle may have been hit. She wasn't totally sure now. She was about to swing when her feet got tangled on a root and she tripped. This had to be the most embarrassing move in the history of attacks. She got up a bit disoriented and very much annoyed. She could only hope her terrible move distracted the Nepent for Teayre.

15329 MD1, BD1 (Double crit fail yeah XD)

ID: 15333

BD: 3 ( 2 + 1 ACC)

“Meokka! Are you okay?â€

Looking over Teayre sees the taller girl getting tangled up in the Little Nepents’ tentacles, sweeping her katana down to her side Teayre steps forward her eyes carefully watching the creature toil and thrive. Sighing to herself she sprints towards the beast leaping over it. Her blade parrying the creatures strikes. Landing on the other side Teayre jumps barrel rolling narrowly over another tentacle.

“Beleram, See if you can help Meokka outâ€

The snowy eagle swept in low catching the shaft of the lane Meokka was holding he begins to beat his wings sending a small gust of wind towards the Little Nepent as he began to slowly pull the girl free.

HP LIST

Meokka: 13/13

Guest Meokka

15345 BD 2, MD 7

Meokka felt herself being lifted by the eagle. 

Thanks little guy. She didn't have time to attack and saw a vine lash.

"BELERAM LOOK OUT!" 

She quickly grabbed the eagle and hunkered down. She heard a sudden snap, and then a numbing like pain on her back. She hissed at it. She then pushed Beleram away.

"Go, fly hurry!" She spun around and tapped the tip of her left shoe against the floor.

"No one tries to hit someone in my party." she glared focused. "I'll show you what pain really is, just you wait."

HP LIST

Meokka: 12/13 (1 hate)

ID: 15349

BD: 7 (6 + 1 ACC)

Watching as the Nepent went for Beleram, Teayre stopped in as if in slow motion as the vine lashed towards him. Pushing herself to her limits she sprinted up the back of the creature as the great snowy eagle vanished from sight. Her katana singing as she swept in slicing the vine that had gone for Beleram off. Her eyes narrowed as she stood up in front of Meokka and Beleram watching the nepent closely.

“Oikawa Kanashiki, To Cut Through Sorrow. A named blade made by someone who is close to the person closest to me. Then you stupid creature dare attack Beleram?â€

A vine whipped round towards Teayre and she flipped backwards, seeing Beleram a sigh is let out from the girl.

“Meokka, you have my thanks now let’s kill this thing.“

HP LIST

Meokka: 12/13 (1 Hate)

Teayre: 44/44 (1 Hate)

Little Nepent: 2/9 5 DMG ( 1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon)

Guest Meokka

15352 BD 5, MD 10 (pft unlucky day XD)

Meokka went forwards her blade grazing the plant that tilted just out of the way. As she was pivoted to turn her body to face the creature a vine snapped her right in the face. The creature was in pain and struck for the closest person it could. Meokka staggered back holding her face glaring at the creature before her. How annoying.

"Don't worry about me I'm all right just finish him!"

Meokka: 10/13 (1 Hate)

Teayre: 44/44 (1 Hate)

Little Nepent: 2/9

[Meo, just to make it more unlucky a crit of 10 adds 2 damage a crit of 9 adds 1 damage Sorry! (Put the correct health in the HP list)]

ID: 15354

BD: 6 (4 + 1 ACC + 1 Concentration)

LD: 16

Breathing slowly Teayre closed her eyes again the vines and lashes began to fly towards her and she nimbly dodged them listening for the tell-tale whistle of the wind before they collided. As she breathed deeply one more time she was standing still her eyes flashed open and her blade started to glow as she activated her <Concentration> skill. Strike the various vines of the Little Nepent and severing them from the main body, Teayre jumps cleaving the beast in two before flicking her blade off to the side and then sheathing it. Spinning she looks for Meokka as red crystals fly past her head as the mob despawns.

“So that’s that are you hurt much? It might be worth letting me try to tank the mobs first as I’ve got more health and am more likely to survive. Remember what I said I don’t want anyone dying on me alright? Oh one more thing, knock off the flaming salutes.â€

Smiling at the girl Teayre reaches her hand out to Meokka offering to help her up. Beleram screeched flying to his masters shoulder and nuzzled her, absent-mindedly Teayre begins to fuss him with one hand.

“That was the nepent we were after that was just a simple one, a bit further on we should find the one we need. Although have you seen Kotori around at all? I was going to help her with the quest as well.â€

Meokka: 9/13 (0 Hate)

Teayre: 44/44 (0 Hate)

Little Nepent: -3/9 5 DMG ( 1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon)

Guest Meokka

(So after each post I heal for one?)

She nodded.

"Sorry I got you in trouble there Beleram. Are you okay?" She asked worried huffing a bit. "Can i pet you. I feel pretty bad for everything." she sighed catching her breath. "Do we take a break?" she looked at her health a bit concerned it wasn't terrible but she knew to be careful.

(I think that is the case.)

Sitting down next to Meokka, Teayre sighs before catching her breath as Beleram steps over onto the other girl’s shoulder nudging her gently with his beak. She let out a soft sob before standing up and running off into the forest.

“I’ll be- I’ll be back in a moment.â€

Finding herself deep within the forest Teayre sinks down against a tree crying loudly.

“Callie, you’d better not stop me if I find him or get in my way.â€

Leaning her head back against the tree the girl closes her eyes, her hands resting on her lap as she let’s her tears flow freely. Looking around she turns to see if Meokka had followed her, silently praying that she hadn’t the girl plays around for a moment with the Oikawa Kanashiki cutting the vines around her.

Guest Meokka

HP 11/13

Meokka stood there for only a moment then went after her. Seeing her cry she paused and looked around. She couldn't just leave her alone.  She readied her spear and just turned around after Teayre had sat down to collect herself. She wouldn't tell. This place was a hard place indeed. She just stood there clutching he lance.

I have to get stronger. So my friends don't cry. I have to make sure I can protect them. She thought to herself.

"When I become a blacksmith. We'll be better prepared out here. I think that's what I want to be." She said in a calming voice. "We're okay, we can go back. Like you said we can always go back and run away. That's better right?" She coaxed her.

Maybe she'd try again without her. She felt safter with Teayre, but saw how much it effected her. 

Maybe she lost someone in the game already. This is too cruel. I'll fight and get stronger to protect her though. Maybe help find a way out of this place. So she won't cry again. That's my goal. No more crying! She thought to herself very determined. 

"Just let me know when you're ready okay?" She looked down at the vines in the way.

They looked familiar. 

"........What plant is that from?" she hoped it wasn't a nepent so soon.

ID:15369

BD: 10 (9 + 1 ACC)

MD: 4

Teayre looked up as Meokka came by, chuckling as the girl starts to try and reassure her.

“It’s alright Meokka, I’m just remembering a discussion I had the other night with someone about something that happened outside this game, that’s all it’s possibly going to be painful if the person we were talking about is in this game.â€

Standing she shakes her head, whistling whilst she rubs her eyes Beleram comes straight to her shoulder a wing being extended as he fusses over her.

“Right let’s head out and get this othe-“

As if on cue another Nepent had spawned the vines lying by their feet suddenly coming alive and thrashing about Teayre reached over pulling Meokka to her, drawing her Katana she sliced off the nearest vines letting them lie still as she cleared them a small patch of ground to stand on, twisting her wrists to catch the creature’s main body every so often at the same time. Watching as the red crystals continued to drain out of the abdomen of the beast.

“Guess we’re not going to get a break. Hope you’re ready.â€

HP LIST

(Hate: 2) Teayre: 44/44

(Hate: 0) Meokka: 11/13

Little Nepent: 17/24 7 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon + 2 Bleed) – Bleed 1 Post Left