PP - F1 Black Iron Palace Underground Dangers (Oikawa) (Complete)

Continued from PP - F1 Beneath the Black Iron Palace

Calrex clenched his fists as the light blue aura chains began to spiral like crazy around his forearms, spreading his stance into his fighting position, "Alright, let's see what we have here. Anything you can make out Oikawa? Even with my Night Vision skill active I can't make out any complete limbs or anything just yet."

"Let's just hope it isn't a slippery one like the slime we just fought. That thing was a nuisance."

He gave a calming breath, letting his eyes relax as his <<Night Vision>> continued to slightly brighten his surroundings. As he did parts of the creature began to take form and fill with color. He gritted his teeth as he managed to make out the complete form, "It looks like we might have our hands full."

Danger Level:

Calrex: 0/3

Oikawa: 3/3 (Encounter Active)

Oikawa's Stats:

HP: 65/ DMG: 9/ ACC: 3/EVA: 3/MIT: 3

Battle Healing Rank 1

The next room had next to zero lighting. Calrex, although having <Night Vision>, could barely make out the Mob before them. As it suddenly began to take shape, Oikawa recognized the type of opponent they were about to take on. "We certainly have a problem. If I recall correctly, that Mob is a <Sinister Shade> They deal quite a bit of damage and are quite evasive." Breathing heavily, Oikawa drew his weapon and tried to focus on the black amorphous monster before them.

The shade took the form of a muscled minotaur. It wielded a dual-sided battle axe and roared as it engaged the two in battle. Oikawa reacted first. Lunging forward, he let loose a flurry of quickened jabs to try and keep the shade at bay. Once he was sure he had the upper hand, he went in for a powerful thrust. This proved to be the wrong play, as the shade simply split apart to avoid the damage.

Once reconnected, the mob focused on the blue armored player. "Cal be careful! I fear this monster is gonna be more of a problem than we anticipated."

[15481] BD: 2 (1+3 -2)

[H0] Oikawa - The Faint 65/65

[H0] Calrex 65/65

Sinister Shade: 35/35 DMG: 8 EVA: 1

(OOC: The Mob will attack on my next post.

Calrex's Stats:

HP: 65
DMG: 6 with Grand Gauntlets / 8 with Grand Blade
Accuracy: 1
Evasion: 1
Mitigation: 1
Thorns: 1
Night Vision

"A shade huh? Well I certainly haven't fought one of those before. This ought to be an interesting battle."

As Oikawa lunged at the creature he watched as the shade split to avoid the strike. His eyes keenly watched at it reverted back to it's original form. As his teammate retreated Calrex brought his arms up, the light blue aura chains spiraling around his arms as he quickly closed the distance to the monster.

As he stopped in front of the shade with a slight slide he unleashed a flurry of fists as his arms became a blur.

ID: 15482

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +1 / Evasion +1) = 1

Unfortunately his barrage of fists fell to the same reactive dodge from the shade as it's body seemed to open and close as each first entered and exited striking range. Calrex gave a calming breath as he leapt back, crossing his arms, "This thing certainly is gonna be a handful. There's got to be a way around that shifting ability it has."

HP List

Oikawa: 65/65

Calrex: 65/65

Enemies:

Sinister Shade: 35/35

"Me either but I've heard about them from eavesdropped conversations." Oikawa observed as Calrex attacked. Using a pattern similar to his own, the bluenette unleashed a barrage of punches. However, his attack met the same fate. The shade refused to allow itself to be hit. The Shade wasn't sure what had transpired but it did know it hadn't taken any damage. Using the presence around it, the Mob formed a few shadow-esque spears and sent them flying in the direction of Calrex. However, the Mob missed it's mark.

We have to find some way around it's stupid dodges. What if I... Leaping into the air, the blonde suddenly disappeared from view before quickly reappearing behind the shade with his blade halfway lodged into it's void-like mass.

"Calrex I think I figured out how to hit it. Avoid attacking it head on if you can. If you noticed, it doesn't exactly have eyes, a nose or ears. It can only sense you. If you attack it head on, it makes it easy to pick up on your presence." Removing his blade, the Faint retreated back a distance to watch how things would unfold for Cal's attack.

[15484] BD: 7 (6+3 -2) MD: 2 (3-1)

[H1] Oikawa - The Faint 65/65

[H0] Calrex 65/65 (-0)

Sinister Shade: 26/35 DMG: 8 EVA: 1 (-9)

ID: 15485

Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +1 / Evasion +1) = 3

As Oikawa managed to land a hit on the shake Calrex gave a smirk underneath his helmet as he explained his suspicions about the attack, "Alright, that might be a tough order, seeing as with the way the room's laid out we can only get to it from certain angles. If anything I can draw it's attention while you surprise it from it's blind spots."

With that he rushed forward before kicking to the side to try and force it to turn. As he did he threw a backfist out to try and catch the shade. Unfortunately the creature had managed to weave around his strike once again as Calrex ended his movement, "Alright Oikawa switch! Catch this thing!"

As he spoke Calrex began to spiral the aura chains around his forearms again, "Come on, there's gotta be more to this thing. A weakpoint, something to exploit..."

HP List

Oikawa: 65/65

Calrex: 65/65

Enemies:

Sinister Shade: 26/35

As Oikawa predicted, landing a blow would be harder for Cal considering he's not as quick as himself. However, Cal is smart. He'd rather me attack while he distracts it. Waiting for the bluenette to give him the signal, Oikawa made his way to the backside of the Shade. The mob attempted to hack at the chains spiraling just inches from it, but the axe attack was repelled as the monster jumped back a few paces.

Just when he thought he had the best opportunity, Oikawa raced towards the mob and thrusted at the back of the imposter minotaur. The shade quickly split and scattered to the other side of the room where it reassembled and stayed there quietly. "Well so much for that attack. Switch! I'll have to think of something new."

[15486] BD: 3 (2+3 -2) CD: 1 (2-1) MD: 0 (3-3)

[H1] Oikawa - The Faint 65/65 (-0)

[H0] Calrex 65/65

Sinister Shade: 26/35 DMG: 8 EVA: 1 (-0)

ID: 15508

Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +1 / Evasion +1) = 10 (Damage +2)

As Oikawa's surprise attack filed to hit its target Calrex gave a calming breath, his eyes immediately focusing on the different parts of the shade, "The way it's moving..."

Calrex rushed in, his arms covered with the spiraling chains once again. As he got into striking range he threw a quick punch. As the shade dispersed his eyes tracked the movement, seeing something out of the ordinary.

"I thought so..."

He unleashed another barrage of punches, but this time each strike seemed to hit a solid surface as the chains shot out like a barrage of cannonballs. On the final strike he delivered a hook punch, slamming it into the shade, which was knocked back about ten paces from where was originally positioned.

"I think I found a weak spot Oikawa. There's a main body that's hidden behind the rest of the shadow. It's a bit darker than the rest of it so that it blends in, but if you hit it it works!"

HP List

Oikawa: 65/65 (Hate: 1)

Calrex: 65/65 (Hate: 2)

Enemies:

Sinister Shade: 18/35

Oikawa took note of the facts that Cal had just explained. A solidified mass hidden behind the evasive and loose mass that covers it's body. Interesting. I'll have to look at it on my next attack. The blonde followed up Ca'ls beat down like barrage with a quick lunge and thrust at the Shade. However what he assumed was the darker part of the body actually happened to be just a shadowed part of the mob.

The Shade snaked around the tip of Faint Edge and darted towards the Ultramarine Knight. While it attempted to hack the player's arm off, it failed miserably leaving it wide open for a reversal.

[15570] BD: 3 (2+3-2) CD: 5 (6-1) MD: 4 (5-1)

[H1] Oikawa - The Faint 65/65

[H2] Calrex 65/65 (-0)

Sinister Shade: 18/35 DMG: 8 EVA: 1 (-0)

ID: 15593

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +1 / Evasion +1) = 1

As Oikawa's attack failed Calrex rushed in to try and exploit the weak point once again. His right arm was covered in the spiraling chains as he thrust it forward, but unfortunately the attack struck the proxy body, the spot spreading out of the way. At the same time his attack began a full body maneuver as the momentum threw him all the way through the shade, his fist slamming into the wall behind him. As he turned he looked back to see that his arm had gotten partially lodged in the wall, "Great, just my luck. Oikawa, keep that thing busy. I've gotta get myself unstuck."

He began to wiggle his arm let and right, the pieces around the hole falling off bit by bit until he finally formed the spiraling chains around his arm, which acted as a drilling apparatus, widening the hole enough that he could get his arm out.

HP List

Oikawa: 65/65 (Hate: 1)

Enemies:

Sinister Shade: 18/35

I swear we're having the worst luck against Mobs today, Oikawa thought. A sudden flash of blue streaked by the blonde. Calrex had rushed in to attack the shade. His first strike was evaded. His second strike was more than evaded as the Shade moved away from the armored player altogether. The shade took a ghostly shape and and chased Calrex. it took the form of a giant katana and swung heavily at him. Luckily the swing was about a mile and a half off. Oikawa hesitated before darting in for another strike. The Faint analyzed the movement that the amorphous night creature used and waited for it to partially stand still before rocketing towards it.

As he neared the Shade, the creature solidified enough to take the form of the Minotaur again. Jumping to the air, he quickly vanished and reappeared on the floor with his rapier extended up. The blade sank into the monster's chest causing it to writhe and wriggle before splitting into splotches and reconnecting several feet away.

"You un-stuck yet? I just dealt more damage to it!"

[15721] BD: 8 (7+3-2) CD: 11 (12-1) MD: 1 (2-1)

[H2] Oikawa - The Faint 65/65

[H2] Calrex 65/65 (-0)

Sinister Shade: 9/35 DMG: 8 EVA: 1 (-9)

ID: 15724

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +1 / Evasion +1) = 1 (Aw come on! XD)

"Yeah I think I've got it!"

As Calrex pulled his arm away from the wall he looked in surprise as he tried to extract it. While his arm was indeed free of the rocks themselves, it appeared that since the underground was beneath grass and such, there were actually strong roots growing down behind the walls, which had decided to get wrapped around Calrex's arm, "Gah, you've gotta be kidding me..."

"Oikawa, keep that thing busy. I've got another problem to deal with before I'm free!"

With that he began to quickly rip at the roots stuck to his arm, the pieces coming off bit by bit until they were finally weak enough that he could rip his arm free. After doing so Calrex gave a couple of calming breaths before looking over at the shade, his focus locked on it once again.

HP List

Oikawa: 65/65 (Hate: 2)

Enemies:

Sinister Shade: 9/35

OOC: My Aincrad your battle luck is horrendous lol. You need some worship pyres asap! Crap I just had to say something...

IC:

As the bluenette continued to play in the wall, Oikawa focused on the Mob before him. Just one more hit an we can move on. He knew the best way to attack the mob. It seemed to be effective considering he was two for three at hitting it with a vanishing attack. As he prepared for another, the shade finally target him and morphed into dragon of sorts. 

Crap! that wasn't ion the guide. Then again I didn't read a guide. He quickly vaulted over the first flame cone that propelled towards the spot that he was just in. As he came down, he thrusted his sword towards the nape of the beast. Beating it's heavy wings, it evaded the blow and sent a powerful gust at the player.

Tumbling towards Calrex, Oikawa stopped just in time to defend Calrex with his shield as another blast of flames cascaded his body. As he dropped to his knees, Oikawa coughed up a command. "You better hit that thing next turn, or I'm gonna kill it then hit you haha."

[15729] BD: 5 (4+3-2) CD: 1 (2-1) MD: 7 (10-3)

[H2] Oikawa - The Faint 58/65 (-7) [10-3]

[H2] Calrex 65/65 

Sinister Shade: 9/35 DMG: 8 EVA: 1 (-0)

ID: 15740

Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +1 / Evasion +1) = 10 (+2 Damage)

"You better hit that thing next turn, or I'm gonna kill it then hit you haha."

"Heh, well if you put it that way..."

As Oikawa shielded him from the torrent of flame the residual flames licked the remaining roots stuck to his arms, finally freeing him. As he felt his arms get loose Calrex squared his stance and slammed his fists together, a resounding clang erupting from them, "I'd best make sure I hit then!"

He quickly rushed in, easily weaving around the blasts of flame that the shade dragon sent at him. "Guess they decided to make it easier. With those flashes of light from the attack it makes it easier to actually see the core of the enemy."

As he got into striking range the aura chains surrounded his arms as he unleashed another flurry of blows, even longer than before. Each strike hit true as the core rattled and shook within the false body of the shadow dragon. After about ten blows Calrex quickly uppercut the core, forcing the entire dragon upwards before he brought his right arm even further back than previously in a full-body swing. As his attack connected his body supported the strike, hurling the dragon into the wall as he did a full 360 rotation. "Alright Oikawa, there's only a little bit left. Take this thing out."

HP List

Oikawa: 58/65 (Hate: 2)

Calrex: 65/65 (Hate: 4)

Enemies:

Sentinel Shade: 1/35

Maybe I should threaten Cal more often. Holy RNGesus. The blonde stared in awe at Cal's display of brute strength and tenacity. However, he had no time to gawk at his comrade. They had business to finish. Just as the Shade connected with the wall, Oikawa rushed in and sank his rapier right into the mob. Pining it to the wall before it shattered into thousands of min-pixels. 

"Well that was fun to say the least." The Faint leaned over and collected his loot and material that the Shade dropped. Turing to Cal, he poised a new question. "Where to from here my friend?" Oikawa scanned the room but he couldn't make out any door like fixtures and was wondering if they had to turn around.

[15855] BD: 7 (6+3-2) CD: 3 LD: 14 MD: 2 (3-1)

[H2] Oikawa - The Faint 58/65

[H4] Calrex 65/65 (-0)

Sinister Shade: 0/35 DEAD

[Oikawa - The Faint received 1 Material and 175 Col]

As Oikawa rushed in and delivered the finishing blow to the mob Calrex gave a calming breath as he lowered his arms, relaxing his stance, "Yeah, definitely not something I've ever seen before in SAO. I hope that's not a foreboding of what's to come in the later floors."

He looked around the area as Oikawa spoke, searching to see if there were any other connecting rooms to this one, "Huh, well, from what I can make out it looks like we've hit a dead end. We'll have to go back towards that other connecting room if we want to get anywhere."

With that he looked back to make sure the coast was clear before proceeding, "At the least, it looks like this particular room seems to be avoided by the monster's AI, so we should have to worry about any other creatures searching for us until we get back to that connecting room."

Danger Level:

Oikawa: 0/3 (Reset after Encounter)

[15861] LD: 3

Oikawa nodded as Calrex spoke about there situation. "Well let's head back then." Taking the lead, the blonde headed for the entrance they came through. He led them back down the hallway and right back into the room they fought the slime in. "So instead of straight, we go right this time? Right?" He waited for Calrex to confirm his thoughts. Once he scanned the area with his <Night Vision>, they could safely move on. However, he couldn't shake the feeling of being watched and followed.

Danger Level:

Oikawa: 1/3

ID: 15862

Loot Dice: 12

"Yup, that should be right."

He made sure to use his <<Reveal>> skill to clear the next room as he nodded to Oikawa, following behind.

"We're making good progress and growing stronger...but something is bugging me..."

"Hey, since we're in the clear for now I've got something on my mind. It...kind of the reason I decided to organize these outings in the first place..."

He scratched the back of his head as he continued to walk. It seemed like the monsters had decided to ignore the two in the meantime as the made their way. It seemed to be a long hallway without twists or turns as it began to arrive at another set of double doors.

"You're probably more up to date with what's been happening in Aincrad as of late...but it kind of feels like even with the rate of power we've all been growing, we've made no progress. Plus it seems like the things are starting to fall apart socially amongst the players...like the world itself is trying to keep us from escaping, even more so than when we first started, but not by sending monsters at us, but by changing our minds so that we're tempted to fight and kill one another."

"Yeah...even with the amount of strength I've gotten since Teayre and I first became a couple...it feels sometimes that if I'm weak physically, mentally, or emotionally for a single second that whole entire thing that I had with her...with everyone in this game...it feels like it would all fall apart.

Maybe that's why that persona I felt...it seems like the ideal thing. If I was able to control that power...maybe I wouldn't have to worry so much about not being strong enough..."

Danger Level:

[15863] LD: 18

"Alright. It's settled then." As they strolled into the darkness, Oikawa checked on King to make sure the cub was alright. Sure enough the little furball was sleep as usual. How do you manage to sleep through everything??? Relieved, he looked up as Calrex began to speak. He listened intently. Taking a moment to ponder what he had heard, he replied. "I'm hardly an expert on the happenings across SAO but I am aware that the old front-line seems to have vanished and it has left an immense power gap for the rest of us to cover. All the more reason for this training. Secondly, I agree. It seems, our generation of players, if you would, have a fragile mindset. Should anything occur that could break that mindset or their sense of happiness. It could very well end whatever we have striven so hard to accomplish here."

The blonde paused. Not a cautionary pause but rather a breathing pause. Once his breathe had been regained, he continued. "I can see the worry on your face man. You have to believe that you will always be strong enough to protect her. You may not have said it, but it's written all over your face." The doors came into view. Stopping just short of them, he looked to Cal for confirmation on the safeness to enter.

Just as he was prepared to open his side, a gleaming object entered his peripheral vision. Looking on the ground towards the corner of the frame, sat a black metallic ore. Picking it up, Oikawa added it to his inventory. "Well looky there. Seems there are materials down here."

[Oikawa -The Faint received 1 Material]

ID: 15868

Loot Dice: 2 (+1 Danger Level)

As Oikawa arrived a the doors Calrex gave a nod, confirming the other side was clear before he assisted with opening the doors, "Yeah, you're right. I guess sometimes it feels like it's still not enough. For all I know I might be overthinking things. But you're right, I've seen more players that are still in the lower levels already talking about going and killing the people that get in their way. In a way it's kind of disheartening, but in the end we just have to press on."

"She really is amazing...but sometimes when we're not together, especially for long periods of time...it feels like she might disappear all of a sudden, for some unknown reason. I know it's not in her personality to do that...so I can't explain why I feel that way. I guess it's some form of separation anxiety? Or maybe...it might be scars from before...Well, I guess I'll need to address it at some other point. Right now is not the time to be losing my head."

As his teammate confirmed finding some materials Calrex nodded as he gave a smirk, "Written on my face? How could you tell with my helmet in the way?" He gave a joking response as he gave a light tap on his helmet that completely masked his face from view.

"In any case any ideas where we should head from here?"

As he spoke he turned to the side they had come from, hearing some movement further back, "Looks like we might have some more interesting company as well..."

Danger Level: 

Calrex: 1/3

[15869] LD: 8

"I've heard rumors about that. Didn't think they'd be true however." Oikawa then chuckled at Cal's next statement. "It's a figure of speech mate. But your silence was a giveaway. One could assume you were thinking about Teayre," Oikawa responded with a smirk.

The doors to the next room swung open with an eerie creak. The trio moved into the round room. Oikawa took not of a single corridor on the other side of the room and just to the left seemed to be a staircase carved into the floor descending into further darkness. "As far as our next move goes, and against my better judgement, I propose we take those stairs." He said as he gestured to the hole in the floor.

As if to confirm his lack of judgement. Raspy whispers seem to emit from the stairs. That's not building my case...Oh boi...

Danger Level: 

Calrex: 1/3

Oikawa: 2/3