[PP:F2] A Visit To The Eagles (Teayre & Meokka)

Leaning back in the gardens on the second floor Teayre looked at the small fountain, it’d been several weeks since she and Calrex had visited and she’d asked Meokka to meet her there. Smiling to herself she played with Beleram for a bit trowing a stick that we would [censored] out of the air, receiving annoyed glares when she tried to trick him.

“I’m sorry boy, I can’t help it honest.â€

Sticking her tongue out at him she drew her katana and set it point down into the grass next to her as she closed her eyes lying down on the grass.

“I wonder where Meo is, hopefully she’ll be here soon.†

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Meokka

Meokka was fighting a training dummy. It seemed other players made it to do something today aside from fight.

Alert

"Hm? What did my calendar have for today?" she opened up her menu and looked.

Invited to floor 2. Party with Teayre. She reread it and after a third reread she took off like a shot. She accepted the invite and put up her minimap to locate Teayre.

"Good evening Teayre!" she called out to her.

Eventually she got in front of her and solutes.

"Reporting for duty ma'am." she smiled a bit.

She relaxed and looked around.

"Were mobs bothering lower level players again? If that's the case we should eradicate them immediately." she said in a more serious tone.

“Oh cut out the military act Meo, how many times do I have to tell you? I thought we’d go rock climbing if you’d like and then there’s some magnificent eagles at the top of the cliff we’re going to, isn’t there Beleram?â€

The snowy eagle let out a shrill screech at flew straight over to Meokka landing on her saluting arm and beats his wings trying to pull it down. Cracking her eyes open she sees the girl towering over her, sighing she gets to her feet sheathing her blade.

“One of these days, any Meo you’re one of those lower level players remember.â€

Tiptoeing Teayre pokes Meokka on the forehead before heading out of the garden, looking back at a small spot in front of the fountain a smile crossing her face.

“If I ever get a chance I need to get you two to meet… I wonder… Oh well that doesn’t matter, what do you say then a climb up a cliff and a visit to some of the greatest sights we can see so far in Aincrad?â€

Guest Meokka

Meo looked at her and leaned down so she could poke her. 

"It's not an act." she stated. "I might be lower level, but the only way to get stronger is to press forward. I can't sit on my hands." she told her. "rock climbing, do we need rope or anything? I've never been rock climbing before so this'll be a new experiance." 

She walked with her, and equipped her lance walking next to her.

"I'll be starting my profession soon. How about you, what's going on in your life?"

(Got company they might stay for the night not sure)

“I’m looking at coveting some of the finer elements of fashion,â€

Taking a sideways look at the girl Teayre taps her fingers on her leg, her mouth going thin for a moment before she smiles at the girl.

“I guess I’m going to have to start letting more people in soon enough, I mean Meokka seems okay… Except for the saluting thing.â€

“I’m trying to find a way to get someone to ask me something, it’s tough but hopefully someday soon… What profession are you looking at taking? I’ve considered becoming an artisan myself.â€

As they continued walking passing through the gates to the safe zone, Teayre's hand instinctively went to her katana at her hilt. Looking around she laughs as Beleram begins flying in and out of the canopy coming gathering foliage up on his wings from all manner of plants.

Guest Meokka

(Yeah sorry about dissipearing my friend came over telling me about her Uncle who is in the hospital, our families are really close so I got worried)

Meokka looked down at their hand and felt a light blush go by her face.

I've never been so informal with other people. Usually they avoid me because I'm so tall.

She smiled feeling her chest warm up.

Is this what people mean by best friends? Friend. I don't even know how old she is, but even if she's a kid or my senior. It doesn't matter. I won't have to be alone here. I still don't want to tell her my real name yet. But still. I've haven't felt this happy since the old couple took me in.

She swallowed a bit. Meokka lightly squeezed her hand.

"A blacksmith. One day I'll be able to make decent weapons, armor, shields, and tools. If I can do that I can help prepare people for questing, and taking on floors. I know it's an ambitious thought, but one day I'll be known for it. An artisan huh? You like to paint?" she asked curiously. 

She walked with her.

"What did you want a person to ask you?" She was curious.

“Not quite, I like shiny things and I hate wearing armour so I’ll be making rings and necklaces, things like that.â€

As the older girl inquired about what Teayre wanted someone to ask her, the red head looks up at her stopping a blush coming to her face as her eyes go wide.

“It’s nothing really, if they do they do, if they don’t they don’t I’ll just have to wait and see.â€

“It’s not like it’s any of your business anyway miss nosy…â€

“You know blacksmithing’s quite good although the competition is steep, not as steep as alchemy though that’s… That’s a tough one.â€

Looking around Teayre saw that they were now emerging from the woods and stepping up to the bottom of the cliff face, looking skywards she stretches taking her hand off of her weapon before cracking her neck.

“Well… We’re here now, oh I forgot to add there’s no rope, if you let go and fall… Well you die simple as that, it makes it much more entertaining this way. Shall we?â€

Guest Meokka

Meokka looked at her like she was crazy when she heard about the robe. She looked up at the cliff. It seemed hard to climb at first but she nodded at it. She used her free hand to cover her eyes like a visor against the sun. She gave Tearye's hand a light squeeze. 

"I'm sure we can handle the climb." she let go of her hand, and placed her hands on her hips. "Well I hope you get asked whatever it is soon then. I'd like to see my friend happy. Now." She looked up at the cliff. "Lets conquer the cliff." she said with vigor and determination. "Bangles and rings huh. Sounds good, you'll be quick. That's always good." She thought it fit the smaller woman. "If I get good enough at blacksmithing maybe I can make you a weapon or a buckler at least. Up to you. We'll see if I can do it. I just love challenges, and I'd look forward to it." She looked at the katana. "I look forward to you placing an order one day." she looked up the cliff. "Hey Tearye. When's your birthday anyway?" she asked curiously. 

Smiling at Meokka’s confidence in herself Teayre steps back chuckling, her hand resting on her blade again. Looking up Teayre watches as Beleram starts to fly with the other eagles.

“Glad you’re enjoying being home Bele…â€

Shaking her head Teayre looks over as the taller girl as she offers to make her a weapon or a buckler.

“Meo… I’m really sorry I’ve already got a weapon I’ll never replace he gave it to me…†Blushing as she draws her katana the golden eagle hilt glinting as the snake skin pattern along the blade glimmered in the sunlight. Returning it to her sheath Teayre sighs, “I’ve never been one for armour either I’m afraid. If you want to be a blacksmith though you should have a chat with Calrex, he doesn’t have a profession as such but he goes out and gathers materials for people.â€

"Hey Tearye. When's your birthday anyway?

Falling over Teayre rolls landing on her back and looks at Meokka in surprise, “My… My Birthday?â€

Guest Meokka

"Who is this person? Does he require cole payment?" she thought the person sounded too good to be true.

She looked up at Beleram.

"You like Tolken I take it. The first time we met I thought that name sounded familiar, I think I've just placed it."

She eyed the sword a bit looking it over. It was very well made. Perfect in fact.

"That's interesting, there's usually a lot of symbolism in snakes and eagles. I took a collage course on that sort of thing a few years ago. What's it meant to you?" She was curious today.

She saw the smaller girl tetter and turned to her worried. She looked down seeing she landed on her rear.

"Woah, you okay?" she tilted her head and extended her hand to her a bit worried. "Yes, your birthday. Even if I can't make you something, there might come a time when I can buy you something instead you know. Besides one should always look forward to that day." She thought it would be good for them to keep their humanity in the game, and this could be one way to do it. 

(Using the craft die for climbing if you get a 1 you fall and take LD/5 Damage rounded down (min 1))

ID: 15446

CD: 3

“He’s… The person who made it wasn’t the one who gave it to me… Ironically we used the same smith to forge each other’s gifts. Yeah… The books kept me going when things were grim in my life.â€

As Meokka eyed the sword over Teayre shrugs placing her hand on a rock lifting herself up slowly making her way up, keeping an eye on Meokka.

“The eagle is to show the accuracy and the freedom of movement, the snake is for-“ Quickly swapping hands as some rocks crumble away beneath her Teayre kicks her foot into the cliff face as she searches for another hand hold. “The snake is for the speed and deadliness of the strike. Don’t worry about my birthday… I’ve never celebrated it before and I don’t intend to start now.†

Guest Meokka

She nodded knowing the meanings when she told her. She loved things like that. 

"That's really neat. Yes, the snake is usually a symbol of power. Typically in mythos there's always a power struggle between the eagle and the snake. Seeing them working together is amazing. In various myths when the eagle and snake agree they are an unstoppable force." she told her. "The snake in most myths has the ability to turn into a dragon." she started to climb. 

She was surprised to hear the girl never celebrated her birthday. She could only assume the worst, and then she spoke about having bad times. She wasn't sure if she'd want to talk about it or not. She looked up where she was climbing ahead of her.

"If you want to talk about it, let me know. Either way we'll make more memories like this. I've never been rock climbing before so thank you." 

15448 CD 2

As she climbed upwards the rock her left hand grabbed suddenly broke away and she waited a moment to gain her bearings. After a moment she proceeded to climb upwards.

ID: 15453

CD: 10

“I’m… I’m alright I’m over most of it, with his help again… “

Panting Teayre starts to stretch out, her lithe body moving up the wall as if she was a spider. Gripping a hand hold Teayre shifts her weight onto it as a small cracking sound could be heard, quickly pushing off with her feet she jumps up a few feet her free hand catching another hold as the one she’d just used crumbled falling to the earth below her.

“MEOK! ROCK!â€

As she looked down seeing the rubble fall past the girl Teayre lets out a sigh of relief, looking around she spots a small ledge nearby.

“Wait… Isn’t that…â€

Whistling she begins to navigate the cliff face to this small ledge and looks in it finding a small next with a single broken egg inside.

“Wow I can’t believe this is still here… I would of thought it’d of despawned by now… How’re you doing Meo? There’s not much further to go.â€

Guest Meokka

15454 CD11

She found a small ledge and climbed on it. She looked over at Tearye and gave her a thumbs up. She knelt down and judged the the distance. She was determined and lept off the spot. She turned her body a bit and her feet touched the cliff as she ran it swiftly. She saw the distance closing but it wasn't enough. She tried to calculate how far she'd have to go and came to the conclusion she'd have to helicopter her way way over. As she was still running the side of the cliff she took out her lance and tossed it. It stuck near where she jumped. She was running out of stamina to run so she jumped. Her body turned in the air spinning. towards the lance. Her feet touched the edge of it and she turned towards it, her back to Tearye. She looked over her own shoulder and then looked down. She leaned back and let her body roll backwards against the lance till she was on the same ledge. She then pulled the lance out of the cliff and stood up placing it on her back as she turned around.

"Did you find something?" She asked curiously. 

She wondered what she meant by again but if Tearye wasn't going to be blunt she wouldn't push her on her troubles. All that matter was that she was doing better, at least she hoped so.

ID: 15460

CD: 4

“It’s the remains of Beleram’s egg.. Right let’s finish this climb!â€

Throwing one hand in front of the other Teayre carries on scaling the cliff face, her breathing becoming heavier as she finally grasps the top of the cliff. Breathing heavily as she leans on the surface her feet dangling off the edge.

“Whew… I’m glad… That’s over…â€

Pulling herself fully onto the ledge the red headed girl leans down offering her hand to Meokka, gripping one of the rocks that was on the top of the mountain. Beleram screeched as he flew high his powerful wings beating small gusts of wind down. Smiling as she watched him.

“There’s plenty up here for us to train on Meo, Come on!â€

Guest Meokka

15517 7 CD

Meokka stretched and climbed after her. She reached the top and stretched again. She looked around. The place was amazing.

"Wow." She looked around. "This place is amazing." she looked up. "There's no light pollution here. I can see the stars clearly." She was surprised at how much she could actually see.

She looked off in the distance. She could see the town from the cliff. Meokka pointed to it.

"Over there is the starting town. I didn't realize how high up we'd be. This is a wondrous sight." he crossed her arms and seemed pleased with this,

She looked over to Tearye.

"Did you see any chests on your way up?"

Chuckling Teayre claps Meokka on the shoulder, her eyes following her finger as she points over to the main settlement of the second floor, a smile twitching at her lips.

“It’s not Starting City, it’s Uburus we’re on the second floor remember. Well shall we get to what we came to do up here? It’s a lovely view and all by I’m a bit jealous of the Ravenous Eagles up here getting to see it all the time. They’re the ones with the red beaks, the feast on anything and they’re a little bit larger than the others… Speaking of the devils ones just arrived.â€

Turning around Teayre draws her Katana watching the beast land as it drops a deer carcass on the ground before tearing into it.

“Meo you go first, I’ll follow you up with any luck the eagle won’t respond till after I’ve made my attack if we’re quick enough. Remember to concentrate you’re good with that lance.â€

OC: Post Order for Combat – Meokka, Teayre, Eagle (I’ll control)

Guest Meokka

She looked down at Tearye then back to the city. She smiled remembering now.

"I guess I'm surprised we came such a long way you know." 

She placed her arm on Tearye's shoulder looking out at the world. Then heard Tearye talk about her plan. At first she thought that meant they'd have supper. She did bring bread and water. That wasn't much though. She was about to apologize and then Tearye continued chatting about fighting the Eagle. She stared at her surprised. 

"I need to improve though. The more I train though the better I'll get. I'll take a skill to up my accuracy." She smiled explaining her plan. "It just takes awhile to learn."

She looked to the eagles. She didn't think she'd attack Eagles considering she had one. She looked to Beleram wondering what he thought, and remembered he was just a program. She looked back up at the eagles. Flying. Yet they were not free either. They were programmed to obey their coding.  That's how they'd become free. Take out slaves of the machine, the coding, and get stronger. One day the'd be able to wake up. These creatures weren't real. Tearye was real. She looked back to the smaller woman.

"Here's to getting stronger then." She smiled at her and let go of her shoulder.

She readied her lance. 

ID: 15575

BD: 10 (9 + 1 ACC)

MD: 6 (8 – 2 EVA)

Smiling at Meokka as the red beaked eagle looks at letting lose a piercing screech, Teayre begins to run towards the monstrosity. As the creature beats its powerful wings taking off the small girl skids to a halt before running back, pushing Meokka to the ground rolling as the creatures talons catch the red head on the back. Gasping Teayre gets straight back up.

“Meo! Get your head in the game, we’re not in a safe zone remember!â€

Watching the eagle slowly Teayre watches as its wings tilt slightly, running towards the corpse of the deer leaping the lithe figure went above the eagle her Katana slicing across the wingspan of the eagle causing it to smack and slide onto the ground. As comes out of her jump Teayre lands skidding to a halt as her toes touch the edge of the cliff.

“Anyone unless you know them to be different are you enemy Meokka, especially NPCs you don’t know their programming so always be prepared. Now switch!â€

HP LIST

Teayre: 47/48  1 DMG

Meokka: 16/16

Red Beaked Eagle: 21/28  7 DMG  (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon + 1 Crit + 1 Bleed) [bleed: 1 Post Left]

Guest Meokka

15578 2 (Well darn XD)

She was looking at the eagle and was a bit in aw at how Tearye had damaged it so heavily. She ran at it and tried to hit it but it quickly moved away with a loud screech and flapped it's wings sending down a gust that canceled Meokka's attack completly. She stared up through the gust of wind and gripped her spear. She whistled to the bird, trying to mock it to get closer. Her eyes pierced right through the howling winds and at the enemy. 

HP LIST

Teayre: 47/48  1 DMG (1 hate)

Meokka: 16/16

Red Beaked Eagle: 21/28