[PP:F1] <Earning A Living> All the things that Sparkle (Teayre & Calrex) - Completed

Teayre was just inside the safe zone on the first floor, looking out at the fields watching other players train as she drummed her fingers on the bridge to Starting City.

“You know Beleram I often wonder what I can do to help people, I want to help them, not by being a blacksmith, I can’t stand the thought of working with a forge… So unseemly I wonder if Calrex has and ideas I do like shiny things though.â€

The snowy eagle quietly screeched in acknowledgement of Teayre’s statement as the girl rubbed his head gently, her fingers continuing the drumming as she turned watching various npcs and players go past her, small glints caught her eyes as she looked at the closer she saw it was various thing rings, necklaces and bracelets all sorts of things like that. Smiling to herself she looks at Beleram.

“An Artisan of course! There’s not many of them about either so I should get some good business from it. I wonder if Calrex is about... It'd be nice to go on a quest with him again It's been a while since we've done something together that wasn't a date."

"*yawn* Geez, maybe I didn't get enough sleep last night..."

As he made his way out of the merchant district inside the Starting City Calrex gave a sigh. He was in his casual combat clothing with just the Grand Blade on the back of his hip. His entire outfit was reminiscent of his original beginner clothing and weapon, but as if he had gotten an upgrade for all of his gear. He thought about it as he smiled.

"Funnily enough I haven't made much use of my sword abilities ever since I got the Grand Armament assembled, well...there are reasons for that of course."

He put his hands into his jacket pockets as he kept walking, "It's been some time since I last saw Teayre, I wonder what she's up to right now."

He swiped on his menu, pulling up Teayre on his contact list as he checked the player location. His eyes looked in surprise before returning back to his normal appearance as he saw that Teayre was actually on the first floor, and fairly close, "Huh, if she's not busy I'll go ahead and say hi."

With that he followed the marker until he saw her come into sight. He gave a friendly wave as he walked over, "Hey Teayre, long time no see!"

As he got into close range he swept her up in a hug, "How have you been?"

“CALLIE!

As she’s whisked away into the hug Teayre plants a quick kiss, her feet dangling above the ground. Beaming she wriggles free as she leans back against the wall holding Calrex’s hand.

“I’m alright… I’ve just got a new quest to go on to get my profession… Would you mind helping me? Pretty please?â€

Looking up at him Teayre gives Calrex her best puppy dog eyes impression, “I’ll make you a pretty necklace or something if you do…â€

Beleram let out a small screech as he soared over to the couple landing on Teayre’s shoulder extending a wing out to Calrex expectantly. Taking Calrex’s hand Teayre gently coaxes him back into Starting City. Heading to the mercahnts district they stop by a small shop with a few odds and ends in its window.

“I think there’s an npc artisan shop around here somewhere, Ah! Here it is.â€

As Teayre quickly planted a kiss on him Calrex gave a smile as his cheeks tinged red, "Of course, why wouldn't I? I'd be happy to give you a hand."

As she began to lead him back into the merchant district he let his other hand free of his jacket pocket, letting it rest at his side as he walked alongside her, "And don't worry about paying me back silly. If it's to help you I don't need any type of reimbursement. But an artisan, that should be an interesting job. All of the ones I've seen have been majority blacksmiths, so you should get some good business once it gets going."

He gently brushed the back of her head, "If you ever need materials you can always count on me, no charge ever."

As they arrived at the NPC artisan shop Calrex went and held the door open for her, "Alright then, shall we get started?"

Shaking her head she looks at Calrex, “I couldn’t do that Cal… Perhaps I can pay you back in other ways, surely a nice shoulder and arm massage would be helpful at times, you’re sword arm is always locking up in the middle of combat.â€

Ducking under the curtain that fell across the main door, she smiles at Calrex in thanks as she enters the room. Finding an elderly man sat behind the counter Teayre browses his wares for a bit before heading over to him.

“Hey, I was wondering if you’d be able to train me in becoming an Artisan at all please?â€

Peering over his glasses the man looks at the young girl in front of him before placing his spectacles on the counter.

“Why I’m sure I can, tell me what’s your name darling?â€

“I’m… I’m Teayre, what’s yours?â€

“Well now that is a fine name and an unusual one to boot. I’m Joe, now if you head out of town there’s a mine not far from here where you can get some materials from there. Could you do an old man a favour and go collect me some, I’ll need three to show you most of what you need to know.â€

Nodding Teayre turns heading back out the door, Beleram coming with her.

“Right we’re off to get some materials Cal!â€

"Heh, well I haven't actually used a sword in quite some time. I've been getting by perfectly fine with my martial arts skills, but I would appreciate the massage nonetheless."

As Teayre went inside Calrex looked inside through the window. The interior of the NPC shop was fairly plain, as most of the shops were, but the items on sale definitely were of very high quality from what he could tell, "She certainly picked a good NPC to take the quest from."

As she emerged, telling him that they needed to gather some materials Calrex smirked as he gave a nod, "Alright then, gathering materials is my specialty! Where are we going to get them?"

He quickly followed behind as Teayre made her way through the crowds towards the exit gate. As they proceeded he made sure to equip his Grand Gauntlets, deciding to save the Grand Chariot armor for once they got out into the fields. If there were no encounters there would be no need for him to prepare for combat.

ID: 15462

LD: 14

Taking Calrex’s arm as they walk along Teayre begins to gently rub his upper arm with her free hand as her other hand interlocks fingers.

“It’s a mine a short way from the town, it shouldn’t be too hard to find.â€

Looking up Teayre begins to blush a small redness coming to her cheeks, averting her eyes she looks over at Beleram who was gliding alongside the couple.

“Why’s he making me feel like this... I mean we’ve been together a while now I shouldn’t be blushing every time I see him still should I?â€

As the mine came into view Teayre let go of Calrex’s arm and places her hand on blade readying it to draw should she need it.

“Right so I need to get three materials from here… Let’s see…â€

Entering the mine Teayre scanned the floor and walls with her eyes, kneeling down next to a small cluster of rocks she picks one up, and inspects it before sighing throwing it away.

“Damn… There wasn’t anything useful in that one for me… What about your end Cal any luck? Also watch out for kobolds, it shouldn’t be a problem just in case they show.â€

ID: 15463

Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +1) = 9

"Hm..."

As Teayre and he arrived at the mine Calrex gave a nod and immediately got to work digging around for any potentially useful materials. It reminded him that he hadn't gone on a gathering trip for quite some time.

"I hope none of the shops are in need of materials. I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to actually start looking for more materials. Well, at least with Reu's shop in operation I can always get some fish from him to help boost my chances."

As he pushed some gravel to the side he thought he saw something potentially useful, but as his hand picked it up the piece of stone crumbled due to the passing of time, "Nah, nothing on my end just yet. These kind of things take some time, but I'll be careful. If we only need to get three it shouldn't be a problem."

ID: 15467

BD: 10

MD: 10

LD: 2

As Teayre started searching through some more rocks the sound of some pebbles being dislodged reached her ears, slowly lifting her head she spots a Kobold stood not two paces away from her. Its weapon was already in motion unable to move far she took a step forward the glaive sticking deep into her chest as the small creature then ripped it out. Gasping she falls to her left knee, her right hand gripping the hilt of Oikawa Kanashiki letting out a roar of pain Teayre steps forward with her right leg her blade sailing out of its sheath as she slashed from the draw. Sweeping it around she cleaved downwards breaking the kobolds weapon, as it drew a small hand axe from its hip Teayre had scored a hit across its chest.

“Cal, we’ve got company!â€

HP LIST

Teayre: 45/48 3 DMG (1 + 2 Crit)

Calrex: 65/65

Kobold: 27/35 8 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon + 2 Crit + 1 Bleed) [bleed: 1 Turn Left]

ID: 15469

Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +1) = 10 (+1 to Damage)

Calrex quickly turned as he heard Teayre yell to warn him about enemies. As he turned he saw the kobold manage to successfully score a critical hit on her, giving a calming breath as he rushed forward. As he moved he quickly swiped on his menu as the Grand Chariot armor appeared on him in a flash. Quickly closing the distance between him and the monster he flipped over Teayre, landing behind the kobold, "You're gonna regret getting that surprise attack..."

He quickly quickly twisted his body in a full 180 with his foot as the anchor point as the light blue aura chains surrounded his leg. As he delivered a full roundhouse kick to the humanoid lizard the chains spun like buzzsaws as they bit into the kobold The excessive force send the kobold crashing into the nearby wall.

Immediately after the kobold impacted the surface Calrex used his <<Sprint>> ability to close the distance, bringing his arm up as he shifted his body sideways. This time the chains spun towards his elbow, forming a drill-like spearhead as he delivered a straight elbow right at the lizard's chest, slamming it further into the wall, enough to create an impression on it. With that Calrex leapt back as he landed next to Teayre, "Are you alright? Let's take this thing out and get back to gathering."

HP List

Teayre: 45/48

Enemies:

Kobold: 20/35

ID: 15470

BD: 8 (7 + 1 ACC)

MD: 5 (7 – 2 EVA)

Already moving as Calrex had started backing off Teayre was next to the Kobold her Katana slicing it through the midriff as she kicked off the wall narrowly dodging the axe striking down at her. Spinning she slashes again at the lizard who then ducks underneath the attack. Slithering in close the creature tries to attack her again, however Teayre’s Katana was already in the way parrying the attacks. Taking several steps back she keeps the blade of her weapon low following the beast.

“Y-yeah I’m alright, they still don’t do much damage on this floor luckily. Let’s finish it off Cal.â€

HP List

Enemies:

Kobold: 14/35 6 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon + 1 Bleed) [bleed Ended]

ID: 15472

Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +1) = 8

"You got it."

As Teayre back off and parried the blows from the kobold Calrex snaked his way through the strikes, stepping to the creature's right side as he slammed his fist into where it's stomach would be. As he planted his stance he began to push forward with his fist, "Hey, you're dealing with me first. Don't think I'm gonna let you off easily for that critical strike."

As he finished his sentence he drove his fist further forward, hurling the kobold back towards the wall. After a few rolls the kobold's momentum was killed as it touched the wall softly. It shook its head as it recovered, looking to see Calrex's armored form focused on it with a slightly menacing presence.

As Calrex completed his attack he squared his stance and slammed his fists together with a moderately volumed clang before going back into his fighting position.

"Why did that attack irritate me so much? Was it because it was a critical hit?"

He gave a calming breath as he gave a nod to Teayre, "Switch! Let's take this thing down!"

HP List

Enemies:

Kobold: 8/35

ID: 15474

BD: 10

MD: 3 (5 - 2 EVA)

Nodding at Calrex's command to switch Teayre dashes forward her blade singing as it slits open the kobolds body, pivoting on her back foot Teayre slashes in the same place severing the spinal cord twisting her wrists and bring the blade back down and through the creature again slicing it into two. Red crystals shining everywhere as Teayre turns smiling at Calrex.

"I'm fine big boy there was never any need to worry about me, besides we only have two more materials to find now ."

Looking at Calrex she steps close to him sheathing her blade as she does so, taking his hands she looks up at his eyes her smile reflecting in them.

"Honestly, I'm okay Cal."

HP

Kobolds: 0/35

1/3 Materials obtained.

As Teayre dealt the finishing blow to the kobold Calrex gave a calming breath as he relaxed his arms, smiling as Teayre reassured him that she was alright, even though it couldn't be seen underneath his helmet, "I know Teayre, you're more than strong enough to take care of yourself. I guess I moved reactively when I saw you take that critical hit, even if now it's just a scratch compared to before."

He held up his hand as he gently wrapped it around Teayre's before he looked around, "Here, let me show you some of how I go about this material gathering stuff.

OOC: Implementing the Danger Level system!

IC:

ID: 15475

Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +1) = 17

As he kept an eye out for any other potential mobs he looked down, noticing something out of the ordinary. It was a stone, but it seemed to have a more finished surface and was even a slightly different color than the rubble around him. He picked it up and dusted it off to see if was some kind of refined ore, "Hey Teayre, would this be of use?"

Total: 2/3 Materials

Danger Level:

Goes up by 1 everytime the LD is 10 and below. Once it hits 3/3, an encounter happens, upon completion resets to 0

Calrex: 0/3

Teayre: 0/3

ID: 15480

LD: 18

"This makes three, come on Cal let's head out before any more creepiest find us."

Teayre had just run her hand along the cavewall a small bump becoming of interest to her as she scratched away the top layer of dirt a small sparkle of purple had revealed itself. Continuing to extricate the gem from the crevice it was nestled in Teayre manages to finally retrieve a small beautiful amethyst from the mine pocketting it, she shudders. Taking her boyfriends hand she all but runs back to the shop panting as they arrive outside.

"Just... A minute I think.... I need time to get my breath back."

As Teayre grabbed the last material they needed for her quest Calrex nodded as he switched out of the Grand Chariot armor, returning back to his casual combat clothing. As she ran off back towards the Starting City he took off after her, using his <<Sprint>> ability to keep pace. After the two arrived in front of the NPC shop that Teayre had started her quest at Calrex gave a nod as she requested to catch her breath, "Not a problem, take your time!"

He looked and saw a bench a few steps away, helping Teayre over to it as he sat down next to her, "Well, that went a lot better than my usual trips go. Three materials in such a short period of time is impressive."

Calrex gave a smile as he unequipped his Grand Gauntlets, placing an arm around Teayre, "Nice work Teayre. I'm looking forward to what you're able to make in your shop."

Straightening up as she smiled at Calrex Teayre sighed before doing some simple stretches. To ease her back , Belersm can and perched on her shoulder.

"I wonder what he'll have in store for me now... I hope it's nothing too complicated then again with this game it shoudlnt be... What do you think Callie?"

After hearing Calrex's response Teayre turns round openning the door and slipping back into the shop smiling, placing the materials on the counter in front of the elderly shop keeper.

"Heya Joe, I got the materials for you what's next?"

As Teayre went into the shop Calrex relaxed on the bench, giving a breath of relief as he looked up at the sky, "I wonder what types of trinkets she's going to make first. I'd really like to see them get made..."

"Looks like I might need to step up my game in my material hunting and gathering then. If Teayre has a shop I want to be able to help keep it going enough that she can make a good income from it."

He closed his eyes for a bit as he took in the warmth of the sun, letting himself drift off into a light sleep. Once Teayre was done he would wake up refreshed and ready to help once again.

As the shop keeper looked over the materials, Teayre glanced outside seeing a certain blue haired boy sleeping on a bench she looks at Beleram who had already begun to exchange a glance with her.

“Joe, I’ll be two seconds whilst you’re doing that I’m just going to let Beleram out.â€

Opening the door Beleram takes off from Teayre’s shoulder flying over to Calrex and perched on the bench next to him, sighing as she folded her arms. Turning back to the counter she smiles as Joe looks up at her.

“Well these are all very fine materials, you have some ruby, sapphire and amethyst here now just let me see I think I’ve got some gold out back. I’ll just go out and get it here’s a small sketch pad and pen draw me what you’d like to make from these materials.â€

As she watched the old man head into the back of his shop Teayre thought what she had to work with and slowly started sketching out a small bracelet, the gold itself was woven in between itself and passing around the stones with two strands stretching over each them holding them in place.

"Hm?" 

Calrex's eyes opened as he heard the sound of something lightly landing on the wood next to him. As he turned he saw Beleram perched on top of the bench as he sat up straight, "Oh, hey there Beleram. I'm guessing Teayre's inside getting things taken care of?"

He have the eagle's wing a quick rub as he got to his feet, stretching out as he waiting for her to finish, "I wonder what's going to be the product of this quest? It seems like a lot of it takes place outside of combat, so there must be a lot going on inside the shop."