[PP-F9] Waking Up... {Calrex & Kaz] [PM for Invite]

He watched Calrex flip his grip and take stance. 'Obviously, he knows what he's doing. That's good, but it still needs a bit of work with the whole set up. Other than that, he'll easily pull off the "Dual Swords" technique.' He snapped back to reality. "Now you're cooking with oil." He realized Cal might not know what that meant. "Umm... Figure of speech. Anyways, yeah, that's how you do it." A flick of the wrist and his sword was flipped and twirling around him swiftly. He flick his sword up, caught it and sheathed it. He knew it was flashy, but did he care? Nope. He looked at Cal. "Yeah, I think my performer is showing," he laughed.

He walked a bit further. "Well, I certainly hope those monsters start showing up or we may have to resort to farming the landscape for materials. Now that would be boring, especially for a person who just spent a vast amount of time sleeping. I would think that we are far enough out..." He looked across the landscape and nothing, at least not yet.

Calrex nodded as he sheathed his Grand Blade back into its sheath, "It's perfectly fine. The showing off kind of also helps to check our dexterity. Would want our wrists locking up in the middle of combat right?"

As Kazuya mentioned the idea of encountering monsters Calrex gave a nod, "We should be far enough out that they should start appearing. I wonder what's..."

His eyes show over just past the mound they were walking by as his <<Reveal>> skill allowed him to look through it. He had previously seen what appeared to be a tail moving behind the rocks, but as the mound became transparent he was easy to tell the creature hiding out of their normal line of sight.

"Well, guess the wait is over. Just behind that pile of lava rock is some kind of flame lizard, about as long as we are tall. I think it noticed us, but if we move quick enough it's possible we can get the jump on it before it has a chance to react."

Kazuya saw the tail flicker into his line of sight, and his mind started racing. He thought of a plethora of scenarios all of which proved in his and Calrex's favor. "Speed shouldn't be a problem. Agility is something I excel in. Not to mention, you're a level that should easily have enough to take care of this quickly."

He looked at the mound. "I'll be the decoy and step out where it can see. You will be just close enough that you can run in and attack it before it gets to me. I'll follow up with and attack right after, and then we'll take turns attacking until it's dead. It can't cause that much damage before we can, right? Of course we'll be dodging and parrying while we take turns, but mostly our focus will be on offense. Now, you ready?"

Kazuya unsheathed his black blade for a second time and got ready, waiting for Calrex's response. He had learned that starting the fight before everyone's ready usually doesn't end well and causes people to dislike you afterwards.

Calrex gave a nod as he readied his Grand Blade, getting into position, "Sounds good. Alright on your signal."

Once Kazuya popped out and got the lizard's attention Calrex would rush from behind as he slashes forward with his sword.

ID: 18225

Battle Dice: 5

Even with Kazuya's distraction the lizard seemed to have detected Calrex as it dropped its body low, the slash just barely missing as it flew overhead. However, the strike was enough to startle the lizard as it refrained from attacking as it turned to face the blue armored player behind it. Calrex made sure to keep his blade trained on the monster as he kept he flicked the Grand Blade as he shrunk his profile, holding his sword arm at a 90 degree angle, his forearm parallel to his body with his fist in front of his face. His sword was perpendicular, with the main edge facing upwards.

"Alright...let's see if Kazuya can get a better hit."

HP List

Calrex: 7979

Kazuya: 45/45

Enemies:

Flame Lizard: 39/39

Kazuya rolled forward, trying his best to dodge the lizard that was barreling at him. "A little faster than I had anticipated, but we can manage."

Calrex missed his attack by a few inches, and the lizard kept after Kazuya. 'Well, that didn't go well. I guess I'll pick up the slack for him. He must be tired, having dealt with this floor for so long while I was just sleeping.'

ID: 18471

BD: 6

He got up and ran a few meters, just far enough to reach a rock. 'Looks like it's about time I actually used my acrobatics skill with my performer class.' With the lizard right behind him, unknowing as to what he was about to do, He leaped up toward the rock and kicked off of it. He flipped backward, landing on his feet, which placed him behind the lizard. 'The hunted just became the hunter.' He bought his sword down in a lethal, diagonal arch, creating a bright red gash in the lizard's right shoulder. He continued his momentum and spun in a deadly circle, trying to place some distance between him and the lizard before it attacked.

'Come on Cal. Back me up. I'm out in the open here.'

Calrex: 79/79

Flame Lizard: 35/39

ID: 18475

Battle Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

As Kazuya deftly maneuvered around the lizard and struck at its joint Calrex immediately switched in, his blade trained on the lizard as it tried to turn and face him. He gave a long, deep, calming breath as his sword light alight with a light blue hue. Once he got into striking range he quickly unleashed a series of strikes. The first came from the bottom left to top right, followed by another cut from bottom right to top left, finishing with a downward cut from middle top to middle bottom. The three slashes came out almost simultaneously, leaving a trio of blue cuts in the air: the Swallow Return technique. After the three blue cuts appeared an afterimages of light blue chains flashed for a second before vanished.

The lizard took each blow, knocked back onto its side as it struggled to get back onto its feet. With that Calrex twirled his sword before nodding to Kazuya, "Alright go for it."

HP List

Enemies:

Flame Lizard: 25/39

• 3 weeks later...

ID: 20943

BD: 10 (+2 damage)

MD: 4

Kazuya watched as Calrex came in with his devastating blow, shredding the lizard's health. Kaz got into position and ran at the lizard head on. With the lizard on its side, it exposed the most vulnerable part of its body, its stomach. Kazuya ran full speed, activating charge. He dashed around the outside just enough to get a straight shot at its stomach. "Wow, this has gotten easier since I last remember." He buried his blade in the poor creature and twisted for extra damage. He pulled it out of the reptile and leaped back as it tried to snap at him.

"Ok. You're turn Cal!"

HP List

Enemies:

Flame Lizard: 18/39

ID: 20951

Battle Dice: 7 

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

Calrex nodded as Kazuya stepped back from the lizard as he rushed forward, delivering a quick and fierce slice across the lizard. However, at the same time the lizard managed to connect its first strike, its claw grazing his armor. However, this activated the Grand Chariot's Thorns ability. The struck area became surrounded by the light blue aura chains effect before the chains exploded into shards, pelting the lizard as it was knocked back onto its side.

With that Calrex leapt back, "Alright, finish it off Kazuya!"

HP List

Calrex: 78/79 (+5 Mitigation)

Enemies:

Flame Lizard: 8/39 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 21030

BD: 6

MD: 1

Kazuya saw his companion take damage. It was minimal, but it wasn't something he planned for. He rushed forward, doing his best to kill the beast, but as he neared striking range, the monster dashed right, causing his strike to miss. But Kaz's turn wasn't over. He still had the ability to hit it if he used his maneuverability. He shoved his sword in the ground and used it as a springboard, holding unto it as he leaped to unsheathe it from the earth. Now speeding toward the lizard, he hit the ground running. The lizard tried to sidestep him but he brought his leg about, knocking it off balance, and turning him around. He flipped his sword in his hand and stabbed behind him, knowing though that his attack wouldn't finish it.

He sprinted away from the dying beast. "Sorry, but you'll have to do the honors."

HP List

Calrex: 78/79

Enemies:

Flame Lizard: 4/39

ID: 21031

Battle Dice: 2

Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +1) = 5 (Thorns Activation)

Calrex gave a nod as Kazuya rushed in and dealt another blow to the lizard before retreating, leaving it to him to deal the finishing blow. He gave a calming breath as he flicked the Grand Blade into a reverse grip before using his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly close the distance to the lizard before attempting a horizontal slice, the deep sea blue blade cutting through the air towards the monster's side. However, as the blade just got into contact range the lizard slid out of the way, attempting a slash with its claw in the process.

This proved futile as the claw came within an inch of connecting. However, it was enough to trigger the Thorns ability of the Grand Chariot armor once again, the chains exploding and sending shards at the lizard, the force of the retaliatory attack knocking the lizard onto its back once again. Calrex took a couple of steps away from the creature before keeping his sword at the ready, "Darn, such a close shot. Looks like it's back to you."

HP List

Enemies:

Flame Lizard: 3/39 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 21495

BD: 4 (+2 Accuracy)

MD: 1

Kazuya watched as Calrex took his best shot at the elusive serpent. "It's okay. I've got him!" He rushed forward activating <<Sprint>> and gauging his strike on the serpent's movements. He ran to the right trying to get the serpent to run at his companion. It worked. The lizard began dashing toward Calrex, just as planned. Kaz used his sword again, shoving it into the ground again and using it to swing around. With his direction of travel sharply changed, he sped toward the serpent and right before it could realize he used his companion as bait, he buried his sword into the lizard's back. It took a second for it to start dissolving into polygons.

"And done. Good work Cal."

HP List

Enemies:

Flame Lizard: 0/39 DEAD

As Kazuya successfully dealt the finishing blow to the lizard Calrex gave a calming breath as he sheathed the Grand Blade back into its scabbard, giving a nod to his teammate, "Nice work. That thing stood no chance against the two of us."

He gave a quick look around the area as his <<Reveal>> skill activated once again, scanning for any other enemies that could possibly be lying in wait for an ambush or the like, "Doesn't look like there are any more creatures in this area at the moment, at least from what I'm able to find."

"It might be that our combined levels are driving away the monsters in this area due to their significant difference in strength to us. Maybe it's like the effect on the lower floors, where we only attract creatures that are of level or stronger than us."

"In any case how do you want to proceed?"