PP - F4 Glacial Edge (Teayre) (Completed)

Calrex's eyes slowly opened as he gained a sense of his location. He was in a soft chair, staring at a fireplace. As he looked around he saw a smudged picture of blue, next to it another one of him sleeping. He gave a small smile as he recognized where he was. He was in the Amethyst Boutique, Teayre's artisan shop on the fourth floor. As the branches of the fire cracked as they were slowly being reduced to embers he gave a quick stretch as he got to his feet, "Looks like Teayre's asleep...how long was I out for?"

As he continued to scan across the room he looked over, seeing something out of the ordinary. It was Beleram's perch, with the eagle no longer present inside. "Beleram..."

As he looked at the cage he began to remember what had occurred. He and Teayre decided to go and take on the <<Avalanche>> quest, fighting a field boss on this floor. The fight seemed to be going well when suddenly Beleram was killed by Avalanche in a single blow.

"That foolish familiar. Why did he follow Teayre so close to that monster?...if he hadn't he would have..."

He gave a calming breath as he felt a rush of sadness and the weight of the pain of loss come over him. "He's gone...Teayre...I'm sorry,,,"

"These feelings again. I've got to do this properly..."

He swiped through his menu to leave Teayre a message before he took off giving her a quick kiss on her forehead, heading out of the gates of the settlement as he went over to an open flat field.

Subject: Be Back

Hey Teayre, I stepped out. There was some things I needed to think about. I'll be back soon. Stay safe.

Love,
Calrex

Hearing the door slam Teayre’s roused from her stupor shaking her head she instinctively looks over to Beleram’s cage. “Beleram what is-“ Of course Beleram was no longer with her, he had died. Smashed into pieces save a single feather by the golem. Catching her breath she went to her evaluations box and saw that the feather was ready. Equipping it Teayre smiled pausing for a bit. “Where’s Callie? He was here… He didn’t?†A notification popped up as she read the message Teayre sighs, he hadn’t even left the party did he really want to be alone? Setting off out of her shop she locks the door behind her, feeling a bit bare without Beleram there she shuddered.

As she got to the gates she saw a single pair of footprints leading off to one of the fields. Walking there she found Calrex standing there in his normal clothes, placing slipping her hands underneath his arms she hugs him from behind.

"He's gone...Teayre...I'm sorry,,,"

“Silly, It’s not your fault, he wasn’t the most combat savvy of familiars yet he was always there next to me fighting alongside me. He was a complete and utter idiot. A loveable one though…â€

Calrex looked back as he felt arms wrap around his waist he saw Teayre's face. It has only been a few minutes since he had left the shop, but his appearance had already shifted. His eyes seemed dimmer, and as he spoke the weakness in his words was clear. Even with the partially happy personality he had tried to assume, the sadness he experienced was seeping through, "I know he was...but I can't help thinking if I had done something sooner...if I had ended the battle quicker...if..."

"If I had drawn my sword sooner than I did...I keep holding myself back...the strongest skill I have is my sword, yet I keep deciding to rely on my fists...I guess even with all I went through at the waterfall, I'm still somewhat afraid of what seems to come with it..."

"I'm sorry Teayre...I didn't mean for you to worry...it's why I left the PM...this is...how I address these feelings...if I felt this way during the battle it would be a detriment for everyone, so I hold it back until I'm able to properly feel and understand..."

Even though his Grand Chariot armor wasn't equipped, the Grand Gauntlets and Grand Blade were on his person. He had decided to go out into the fields around the settlement, but he was still aware enough that being unarmed in this area was foolish. He gave a couple of breaths, one of them becoming shallow, chilling.

"I know you want me to open up more to you, to rely on you a little bit more...I guess I'm still having trouble doing that..."

He turned around to face Teayre as he put on a smile, gently reaching over and brushing her cheek. After doing so he adjusted the sheath of the Grand Blade as he gave a couple more calming breaths.

“Stupid Callie Stupid! Don’t you dare smile at me Cal, not when you’re this upset that you run away from me.â€

Teayre gently hit his chest before looking up at him, her eyes wide as she grimaced looking at him. Reaching a hand up she gently touches Calrex’s face stroking it softly. Tiptoeing Teayre kisses Calrex on the lips.

“Tell me then, how do you address these emotions of yours? Do you come out here to try and die is that it? Cause if it is then you’re even more stupid than I thought Cal, What about all the people that care about you Oikawa, Kotori, Rusty even dare I say it X as big a jerk as he is. What about Zeri, that boy looks up to you, you know.â€

Leaning her head on his chest Teayre hugs Calrex tightly, before looking up and smiling at him a true smile not a grimace or a fake smile. It was one that showed her love and warmth for the person she was with from the depth of her heart.

"Tell me then, how do you address these emotions of yours? Do you come out here to try and die is that it?..."

"No...I wouldn't do something that foolish...it's just...that in the past I always preferred to find a quiet place away from everyone to address these things. It's something I've done since...since..."

"Since after the first one...come on she asked you before...why is it still hard to speak about?"

He felt a lump in his throat as he tried to speak. He wanted to say something, but the words didn't want to leave his throat.

"Why was it so easy to talk about with him...was it because he was a computerized image? Was it just because it felt like I was talking with myself?"

"I...know there's a lot of people who care about me...I'm sorry, I'll try to be more careful..."

"Ah...I see. So you let yourself be their doormat, hoping that you would get the slightly chance of kissing their feet. Am I right?"

"Him...those words are still in my head..."

“Cal… Talk to me, I’m sorry I said that it wasn’t right. Look I’m here for you what did you want to say? I know it’s hard but trust me please, I’m not going anywhere I love you, I want to help.â€

Letting go she takes a few steps back shivering, she quickly equips the cloak Calrex picked out for her. Moving back she huddles against him taking his hand and gazing into his eyes, letting out a soft sigh another one of her true smiles shining from her face.

“You don’t need to tell me why you do it if you don’t want to, you’re you and nothing will ever change that. What would you do after you’re alone? Find some mobs to beat up?â€

"You don’t need to tell me why you do it if you don’t want to, you’re you and nothing will ever change that. What would you do after you’re alone? Find some mobs to beat up?"

"Nothing will ever change me...Teayre...you'd be surprised..."

Calrex gave a small laugh as Teayre spoke about beating up mobs, "No, nothing like that. Taking out my aggression doesn't solve the problem. Usually when it happens...I kind of just sit like this and let the emotions flow...while I try to rationalize why I'm feeling them...like now...I'm feeling guilty because I feel like I could have done something to prevent Beleram from...sadness because he's gone...irritation at the helpless feeling I'm going through..."

"The irritation is new..."

"...irritation because it feels like even as strong as I've become...things...people that I care about will still easily slip through my fingers..."

"Just like before..."

"...just like those other girls..."

Calrex gave another breath, the eerie chill still in his exhale. The past events had really weighted down on him, and with the past battle it seemed like every emotion inside him was more sensitive than before. The feedback of the cold persona.

Giving a small chuckle as Calrex laughs she hugs him, “See the wonderful Teayre is doing it again.†Sitting down she looks up at the man before her rolling her eyes at him, “Cal you know I’m just as upset as you are, but Beleram… Damnit I loved that damn eagle Callie, Almost as much as I love you. It’s odd isn’t it… Us getting so upset over a bunch of pixels and numbers. He was a part of me as much as he was you. Don’t forget that remember who’s familiar he actually was! You were there when I tamed him, you know I got him from a chick… Damnit I even went back there with Meokka the day before he…â€

Taking a deep breath she closes her eyes. “Cal, I’m scared I’ve lost Beleram and I don’t want to lose you. I’m angry with myself I couldn’t stop that bird, he was… He was always doing stupid things like that and getting away with it. It was bound to happen sometime.†Standing she pushes herself back a bit walking a short way away her tone becoming angry, it was taunting trying to goad something from Calrex something other than his monotonous attitude to Beleram’’s death. “I know this is how you’re dealing with it, excuse me I’m just going to go kill some ice elementals who knows maybe I’ll die. Maybe you’ll be free of me being a burden, free of you having to pretend that you love me.†She whips around yelling at Calrex now tears streaming down her face, “YOU’LL BE FREE OF HAVING TO WORRY THAT I’LL STAB YOU IN THE BACK IF I JUST GO AND F*CKING DIE!â€

"Teayre..."

As he heard Teayre's words hit him they cut deeper than any other words normally would. As she mentioned stabbing him in the back his eyes lost all of their light as his head tilted down. As words left his mouth it was more like he was talking to himself than addressing anyone in particular. His words were weak, like all of the strength in him was gone.

"...everytime...I should have known..."

His mind went blank of his own thoughts as the words of Dark Calrex began to replay in his mind.

"...the person you are giving all of your being to protect and keep safe and happy...will simply betray you in the end, just like those other girls..."

"...You were damaged Calrex, whether you want to believe it or not. That side of you manifested as a way of you to help deal with the harshness of what's out there: people who will do the Exact...Same...Thing that those people did...."

"...you let yourself be their doormat, hoping that you would get the slightly chance of kissing their feet..."

"...I really am pathetic..."

He slowly got to his feet, but something in him had changed. His breathing was now fully toned shallow, like he was standing in a frozen wasteland. His head was tilted so that his face was no longer viewable past his bangs. His hands clenched as the light blue aura chains reappeared, spiraling even fiercer than they had before. His arms and legs were engulfed in the spiraling chains as the snow falling around him became wrapped in them like a tornado.

"I should have known...I should have remembered what said back then...my heart is tainted bait...especially after those two..."

Queue Glacial Edge (Corrupted Cold Persona)

Calrex gritted his teeth as he felt an overwhelming sadness come over him. As a single tear fell from his cheek his right arm reached back, grasping the handle of the Grand Blade.

"Deep down, even if it's in some little crevasse tucked far away in the farthest reaches of your psyche, you fear that in the end, even as amazing you think she is, that she will simply leave you in the dirt."

"..."

"That cold persona of yours...is the strength you need!"

His face slowly turned up to face Teayre, the single tear trail down one side of his face as he gave another chillingly calm breath. His eyes locked on her, as if he were analyzing a target for weaknesses.

"...Releasing Grand Blade..."

He drew the Grand Blade, holding it in a reverse grip. Even without his Grand Chariot armor, the spiraling chains around him gave a menacing appearance to his usual demeanor.

"...utilizing all skills to eliminate the target..."

ID: 16021

BD: 7 (6 +2 ACC – 1 EVA)

Laughing Teayre took a small step towards Calrex her head tilting from side to side, her eyes wide a smirk on her face as she looked into the eyes of her fiancée. She began speaking in a singsong voice using Calrex’s nickname as a taunt.

“Caaaaaaaalllllliiieeee. CAAAAAAALLLLLiiiiieeeee. Why now Callie? Why do your draw you blade? You want to hurt me? You want to hurt the one who loves you? I should of seen this CALie… You were going to betray me weren’t you… Everyone always does in the end… callllIEEEEEEEEEE.â€

As her voice went high as she spoke the last syllable of Callie, Teayre activated her <Sprint> and <Charge> skill flying forwards the Oikawa Kanashiki lashing out across Calrex’s chest as she leaped over him, completely undisturbed by the chains. Landing Teayre thrusts forwards stabbing Calrex in the back.

“This is fun CaaaaaaAAALLLLLLLLLiieeee, finally you fight me seriously… I’ll tell you what… Opps I moved before you. Look Callie Look! I stabbed you in the back. Guess your fear was right huh? Then again Caaalllllie you did draw a blade on me… I couldn’t wait… I had to act first… I don’t want you becoming an orange player now Calllieeee. You seeeeee despite you going to attack me Caaliiieee, I love you with all my heart.... I'll either kill you Caaalliieee, die by your hand or I might... I might just kiss you Who knows? I mean I don't see a toaster here to tell us, do yooUUU?"

Teayre: 57/57

Calrex: 61/69   8 DMG (1 + 3 Skill + 2 Weapon + 1 Athletics + 1 Charge)

ID: 16025

Battle Dice: 10 (+1 Accuracy / +3 Evasion) = 8 (+2 Damage)

LD: 18 (18 Words)

OOC: Implementing the Word System! Calrex will mutter whatever amount of words is in the LD

As Calrex felt the impact strike him in the back his body didn't even flinch. He gave a chilling exhale as he slowly turned to face Teayre. As he turned a few words were muttered from his mouth, "...he was right...in the end...I'm just getting myself dragged through the dirt..."

His mind transitioned to the past as he felt a familiar pain radiate across his body. The sting of a slap, the impact of an elbow, the sensation of bruises and welts developing. The swelling of a black eye...

"...just another facade...again..."

As he fully turned the Oikawa Kanashiki popped out from the rotation as . His free hand came up, wrapping the blade in his grip tightly as he forced his hand up, moving the blade out of striking range and at the same time exposing Teayre's torso. As he did his blade came around, alight with light blue aura chains as he delivered a series of brutal slashes before he brought his free arm forcefully back down, delivering a full-body supported punch. After knocking Teayre a few paces away he remained still for a few seconds before he began to walk slowly towards her. In his mind thoughts were going through his head in Dark Calrex's voice.

"You see...didn't I warn you about who you let close?! It's just like before. They just wanted to use you to fulfill something, and then toss you out like garbage! Haven't you had enough?!"

"..."

Another chilling breath escaped Calrex's lips as he flipped the Grand Blade into a reverse grip.

HP List

Calrex: 61/69

Opponents:

Teayre: 46/57

ID: 16026

BD: 4 (3 + 2 ACC – 1 EVA) [+1LM Next roll]

Looking up at him as he knocked her back, Teayre smiles tossing her blade to one side. “So finally showing yourself CALLLieee? Weeelllll It’s about time.†Closing her eyes Teayre shakes her head. “It’s about f*ucking time your jerk.†Walking to him Teayre raises her hand to slap him, but the boy caught it before she could connect. Tears had begun to roll down her face as she looked into his eyes.

“Getting yourself dragged through dirt? Again? You make me laugh Calrex, dragging you through the f*cking mud? No, Sure I lose my temper at times and took it out on you, but at the end of the day who held you? WHO HELPED YOU CLEAN UP YOUR BLEEDING CRAP?†turning her head to the side averting her gaze. “Cal... If… If I’m that much of a burden to you… If I cause you that much sadness use my blade to kill me.â€

HP List

ID: 16027

Battle Dice: 1 (+1 Accuracy / +3 Evasion) = -1

Loot Dice: 18 (18 Words)

"...If I cause you that much sadness use my blade to kill me..."

As Calrex saw Teayre turn her head away he prepared to raise his sword, but as he did he felt his arms grow weak, like there was no strength left in them.

"..."

"Well? What are you waiting for?! Isn't this what you wanted?! The strength to protect others, to protect yourself from going through that pain again!?"

"...but if..."

"..if that's the price for this strength...I..."

His arms lowered as he released Teayre, stumbling back a few steps, collapsing to one knee as he impaled the Grand Blade into the ground, "...I'd be better off dead instead...I really am weak..."

His eyes's irises shrank as he remained deathly still, only the cold breaths that he gave before. The chain effect surrounding his began to slow before they faded, leading only him, armorless, with the Grand Blade stuck in the ground. A few moments after his hands slipped off as they fell to the ground.

"...I...can't kill her..."

"You're forsaking that power you have?! Didn't you want to stop the pain?! Didn't you want strength?!"

"If killing her is what it takes for that strength...I'd rather keep being a doormat..."

HP List

Opponents: 

46/57

ID: 16049

BD: 5

As Calrex feel to his knee in front of her Teayre followed him, wrapping her arms around his head bringing him close to her as she consoled him. Streams of water fell from her eyes as she pressed her face into his hair, her body shaking. “No.†Leaning back a bit Teayre lifts Calrex’s head with a finger and looks him dead in the eyes. “No you’re not weak Callie, far from it you’ve dealt with so much and kept going on… You’re even stronger than I thought… Damnit Cal… I’m… I’m sorry I didn’t realise you had it… Had it so bad…â€

Slowly leaning in Teayre pressed her lips to her nose as she heard him mutter a few other words,  her eyes widening before becoming narrow. Even more tears started to cascade from her eyes, cheeks flushing a deep crimson as she raised her hand to his face softly stroking despite the anger simmering behind her eyes.

ID: 16050

BD: 2

“I’d be better off dead instead.â€

“Don’t. Ever. Say. That. You’re not better off dead, you are better living Callie… Let me help you! I want to help you…â€

The last five words were muttered no louder than a whisper the wind carrying the soft echo to Calrex’s ears, bringing up her inventory Teayre pulls a small glass ball on a fishnet string out inside the ball the colours swirl like an ocean. Placing it in his hand Teayre smiles up at him, “I made it for you… I thought…â€

HP List

ID: 16051

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1 / Evasion +3) = 3

Loot Dice: 20 (Full Statement)

As Calrex's eyes looked down at the trinket Teayre had made for him he started at it for quite some time. The voice in his head, the one with Dark Calrex's voice, seemed to grow softer and softer, getting more and more distant. While his breathing slowly changed its tone partially back to normal, the light in his eyes had yet to return. It seemed like the cold persona was shifting once again.

"...I've been going at this the wrong way...shutting out my emotions...as a strength?...isn't this more like I'm running away?"

His memories flashed through his head once again, recalling the creation of it and its application. Not once outside of pure combat had it done anything.

"Sure it helped to shield me from the pain...but it didn't allow me to act...if I had done something back then..."

His head shifted as he looked Teayre in the eyes, "...if I don't do something now..."

"...I might end up losing her..."

He felt his body move in reaction as it tried to raise a fist towards what it considered an enemy, but he forced it to the side, missing Teayre clearly.

"...I was wrong..."

"Someone once told me that if you truly love something then you should let it go and it would return back to you...I can't see that to be true...not anymore..."

He slowly raised a hand and gently brushed Teayre's face before it lowered once again.

"I truly care about her, and dammit it all I'm not going to have anyone or anything steal her away without a fight! Even if I end up tossed aside in the end..."

"I know...you mean it Teayre...I truly want to believe it..."

He leaned back as he collapsed onto his knees, "...but somewhere deep down...I'm afraid that it's a facade..."

"I know it's not..."

"If you want to know why...I can tell you...you asked a while back about my previous two..."

"If I can even call them that anymore..."

"They're...related..."

HP List

Opponents:

Closing her eyes and reopening as Calrex’s fist goes past her, the tips of her hair flick up from the breeze as the boy opened his and hand and brushed her face Teayre takes it softly raising it again holding it to her face. Her eyes glistened from the tears that feel from them each one screamed out her sadness, her pain and her love for this man in front of her.

“Stupid Calrex, Stupid. The only way you’ll lose me is if you cut me down yourself. Do you know why I attacked you first? Why I got the first blow in and then threw my weapon away?â€

Smiling up Teayre leaned in her arms wrapping around the boy as she hugged him tightly.

“If you want to tell me, I’ll listen if you don’t I’ll respect your privacy Callie… After all, I’m going to be your wife. Do you like it by the way?â€

"Yeah...I love it..."

As Teayre wrapped him in an embrace his eyes gazed back at the Grand Blade behind her. Before it was a symbol of strength for him, a way to fight back against the nightmares against the world.

"I forgot...that in the end it is just a tool. I was afraid that without it I wouldn't be strong enough to protect her. The only thing I was protecting in the end was myself... "

He gently released himself from Teayre's grip, getting to his feet. His breathing had returned to normal, the light in his eyes beginning to return. After getting to his get he walked over to the Grand Blade, gazing into the blade's side, the deep sea blue reflecting in his irises. He tilted his head down as he have a small smirk to himself, twirling the sword a few times before he sheathed it back in its scabbard.

"Thank you Teayre..."

As he turned around he took a few steps before he felt the emotional feedback hit him, his eyes widening before his eyes closed. After this happened his body gave out as he collapsed into the snow.

"I won't. ..let happen again..."

Rushing forward as Calrex’s eyes closed catching him before he hit the snow, Teayre was still crying gently slapping Calrex on the cheek she yells his name out from the bottom of her lungs. “CALREX!†Resting her head on his chest for a few moments as he lay across her lap, wiping her eyes she leans in and gently kisses him before hugging him. Letting out a small sigh she mutter to herself, “It’s not use staying out in this cold… I’d better get you back to my shop, get some hot chocolate on and just hold him.â€

ID: 16102 BD: 3 LD: 5

Danger Level: 1/3

Gently tugging at him Teayre starts to slowly drag him before she falls over letting out a quick yelp as she lands on her backside in the snow Calrex flopping on top of her. “Gah! C-Callie get off of me…†Gently rolling Calrex to one side Teayre looks at how far she had got, it wasn’t even five paces. “This is impossible, wait where’s my sword.†Looking around quickly she runs over and grabs the Oikawa Kanashiki from where she had tossed it sheathing it, looking at the blue haired mop in the snow she smiles as she kneels down next to him shifting his head onto her lap stroking it as she waited. 

As Teayre struggled to get Calrex off of her he remained deathly still as only his breathing could be heard. There was voice he could hear, and he wanted to respond. But at this point he had yet to regain any will to move. The feedback was still affecting him. The most he could do was at best twitch his finger.

"She does care about me...why in the hell did I think not? Even just now...she took the first strike..."

His breathing became more calm as he felt his body's strength returning, now being able to move more than just a finger as he tightened his hand into a fist lightly.

"She's right...I am an idiot...I let things from the past...influence me in such a negative way...that's not me at all..."

ID: 16103

BD: 9

LD: 18

Danger Level 1/3

Letting out a sigh as five minutes then ten minutes passed Teayre summons her think winter coat and rests Calrex’s head on it, standing up she stretches before heading a short distance away. Sitting down Teayre starts to draw in the snow looking up at the starry night sky, had Beleram really only just be killed had he really gone? Snivelling she punches the doodle she had been doing feeling her hand hit something hard she eases her fingers in, slowly circling around feeling a bump to the surface her hand melting the snow letting the globe become slippery and harder to handle. Finally Teayre manages to get a decent grip on the object and yanks it out to find a small piece of uncut sapphire.

Pocketing it she stands up heading back over to Calrex and leans over him gently tapping his face again, “Callie you awake yet? Geeze come on man… Right let’s get you back to mine.†Taking her coat she returns it to her inventory before reaching down, her red jacket billowing around her as she throws the boy across her back. Grunting she slowly makes her way back to the Amethyst Boutique entering the room her breath catches as she lays Calrex on the cough, before disappearing into the backroom.