[SP:F6] <<Feeding the Enemy>> A replacement or a new friend?

Stepping into the jungle settlement Teayre looks around her thoughts were heavy as was her heart. She’d decided to find another familiar for herself, not sure what she was looking for though Teayre had journeyed to the sixth floor. Walking around looking at the varying wares the vendors were selling she spotted one a small meat vendor, heading over to it she nods at the owner.

“How much would some rats or mice be? Or even some slabs of meat.â€

“Well that depends how much you want, rats and mice I don’t sell bad for business you know, the meat I  can do steak cheap as chips only 10 col per pound!â€

Nodding Teayre listened to the owner drone on as she lost herself in her thoughts.

“Is this what I really want? Another familiar? Sure they’re useful to have but Beleram…â€

• 1 month later...

Nodding at the shop owner Teayre wasn’t sure how much col she handed over but in the end she was given a huge sack of meat, adding it to her inventory the small red head waving goodbye to the shop owner as she sets off out of the shop. Reaching the entrance to the town Teayre looks around at the jungle with the various paths leading off left right and centre. Sighing to herself she looks up at the various birds flying in the air, her fist clenches even tighter as she sees them up there.

“Guess I won’t ever be joining them… Well if that’s the case let’s find something that’ll eat birds…â€

With that she set off on the right hand path heading through a winding trail, the crunching underneath her feet soon changed into a squelching as she looked around Teayre noticed she was surrounded by cobwebs. From small nooks and crannies several spiders began to pour out of all the holes their fangs clicking as they approached their prey.

“Just my luck…â€

ID: 20274

BD: 9 (7 + 2 ACC)

MD: 4 (7 – 3 EVA)

Her eyes darting around the clearing revealed a total of six spiders, none of which looked particularly tough. “Why spiders… It’s always either spiders or bats…†Slowly drawing her katana Teayre eyed up each one waiting for them to make the move, as she watched them she felt something dripping down the back of her neck. Looking up she saw a monstrous spider above her, sighing  the red head began to run her hand slowly up the back of her katana resting it on the tip holding the blade between her two hands. “Tch, I should of seen that coming. Well then guess I’ll be making the first move.â€

Changing her mind about waiting Teayre swiftly jumped cutting the web that had stuck to her feet by swinging the katana underneath her as she did so the littler spiders began to swarm in. Leaping towards them the red head avoided the larger spider spraying venom all over her. “Damn a spitting one eh? Well let's deal with you first.†Parrying several of the strikes from the swarm Teayre leaps onto the back of one before pushing herself off of it her <Acrobatics> skill activating as she charged used her flight to activated her <Charge> skill and slice a few of the legs off of the bigger spider causing it to fall to the floor with Teayre stood behind it.

Teayre: 65/65

Monstrous Spider: 35/44 9 DMG (8 DMG + 1 Charge)

Spider 1: 7/7

Spider 2: 7/7

Spider 3: 7/7

Spider 4: 7/7

Spider 5: 7/7

Spider 6: 7/7

Teayre only has +1 EVA until there is just the Monstrous Spider Left who deals 5 dmg per hit.

ID: 20276

BD: 7 (5 +  2ACC)

MD: 1

As she turned around the spiders had surrounded her negating some of her evasive ability, she spun around blocking off the attacks from each one. “Well luckily they don’t seem to be sensible enough to all attack at once. That’s probably the only thing saving my hide at the moment.†The back and forth carried on for a short while before the larger one reared its legs letting out a low hiss.

Spinning Teayre cut one of the smaller spiders that had decided to leap for her. Watching the others she fended off several attacks before needing to move. Placing her foot on the corpse Teayre pushes herself off of it as the colourful crystals disperse everywhere. Soaring through the air she lands on the back of the monstrous spider smiling.

Teayre: 65/65

Monstrous Spider: 35/44 

Spider 5: 7/7

Spider 6: -1/7 8 DMG - No Loot as too little health.

ID: 20279

BD: 6 (4 + 2 ACC)

MD: 1 (2 -1 EVA)

The monstrous spider hissed and began to scurry up the side of the clearing they were in throwing Teayre off its back her <Acrobatics> activated allowing her to land safely however the smaller spiders had surrounded her again. As she spun around she sighed, “This is getting old…†Two or three lunged at her as she slid to the side dodging their flying attacks “Very fast.â€

The spiders increased their frenzied attacks, this time several attacked at once ducking down two of them collided in mid-air above her and a swift kick sent them both scattering back out of the way. The third one that had come in almost caught Teayre’s face her katana pushing it back, after she’d kicked the other two away Teayre spins on her back twisting the blade and slicing the spider in half. Looking around she smirked. “You lot aren’t so tough really are you?â€

Monstrous Spider: 35/44 

Spider 5: -1/7 8 DMG

Spiders are using the MD, the snake will be using the LD.

Snake deals 3 DMG per hit ignoring any MIT

ID: 20280

BD: 4 (2 + 2ACC)

MD: 2 (3 – 1 EVA)

LD/2 = 10 

As she spoke one of the spiders had slowly crept up her back throwing herself backyards Teayre feels its grip loosen and fall as she rolls up watching the larger spider spit venom straight onto the point she had been at. Gritting her teeth Teayre clenched her hands around her blade tightly, her knuckles turning white as her eyes were wide keeping track of her remaining opponents. 

As she spun around she could hear the snapping of branches, many branches. Her eyes darted off the spiders for a moment as she could make out what appeared to be a tree trunk slithering around the clearing. “A tree trunk slithering? No… That can’t be right unless…†Leaping up Teayre narrowly avoided a giant viper had come bursting through the treeline. Its red scales glistened from the dew it had picked up and reflected off the black scales along its sides. As she landed on the back of the huge beast it didn’t seem to take notice of her instead it struck at the larger spider bringing it down to ground level. “Huh, guess this is the viper territory. Saves me having to search though.â€

Monstrous Spider: 30/44 5 DMG (3 + 2 Crit) - Viper

Giant Viper: 44/44

ID: 20297

BD: 11 (8 + 2 ACC + 1 LM)

LD/2: 9

MD 6 (7 -1 EVA)

The snake hissed at the various spiders and started spinning in circles around the clearing pulling all the cobwebs down. The only spider that didn’t scurry for safety on top of the large serpents back was the Monstrous one. “Well now, finally something that’s getting interesting.†The spiders that had climbed on the back of the snake began to scurry towards her their legs tip tapping along its back. “So, you really do want to die then? Well I must oblige you.†Hefting her katana slightly Teayre sets of charging towards them as well.

As she ran along the snakes back she felt her back becoming wet, grunting her eyes darted to her health bar as she stumbled. Rolling over each spider took the opportunity to strike Teayre before scurrying off. Falling off the snakes back Teayre places her hand on the ground and shoves herself to her feet looking around. One of the smaller spiders was coming in for an attack on her now, sidestepping Teayre quickly dismembers the creature before slamming her katana tip down through the beast’s eyes. As she glanced she saw the viper take another bite at the spider. “Why are they fighting… Seriously… Why?â€

Teayre: 59/65 6 DMG (5 + (4*1) - 3)

Monstrous Spider: 26/44 4 DMG (3 + 1 Crit) - Viper

Spider 4: -1/7 8DMG

ID: 20440

BD: 10

MD: 6 (7 -1 EVA)

LD/2: 2

Her eyes darted around taking in the three remaining spiders, the larger one scurrying away climbing back up into the trees away from the viper. Watching the gleaming red scales dash around her Teayre rested her hand on the creature a small smile coming to her lips. â€œYou really are beautiful aren’t you… I wonder… I’m sorry Beleram… It’s time… It’s time I moved on from you.†A single tear rolled down the girl’s cheek before dripping of her chin.

The snake whipped round rearing back on its body lifting its head up snapping at the larger spider to no avail, seizing the change Teayre leaped up onto the back of the snake again and using her <Sprint & Acrobatics> skill ran along the back of the snake and up it before leaping off the tip of its nose striking the larger spider several times before falling to the ground. Rolling as she landed the red head looked around her the spiders had closed in on her and managed to get several bites in on the small girl. As they split a torrent of venom poured down onto her, grunting Teayre stood up spinning as she did so flicking all the moisture off of her.

Teayre: 54/65 5 DMG (5 + (3*1) - 3)

Monstrous Spider: 14/44 12 DMG (8 dmg + 2 Crit + 2 Bleed) [bleed 1 / 2 Turns Reamining]

ID: 20451

BD: 4 (2 + 2 ACC)

MD: 1 (2 – 1 EVA)

LD/2: 6

Stepping back Teayre stopped as her back got swept away, she was caught up in the viper’s scales. The spiders chattered irritably below her, raising her hand Teayre lifted herself onto the back of the snake as she eyed up all the remaining foes. A low hiss brought her mind back to the fact that this serpent isn’t exactly the friendliest. “Well… It won’t stop me from trying.†

As she found a stable footing the snake jolted her sending Teayre flying headfirst back into the fangs of the waiting spiders on the ground. As she flipped around mid-air Teayre reached up and a branch and swung herself down onto the edge of the clearing. Twisting her head back Teayre sees a splatter of liquid go past her, sighing in relief as she lands the smaller spiders leap at her ducking the first one as it flies over her head Teayre helps the second over using her katana to block the attack. A swift reverse roundhouse kick sent the third one flying.

A loud crunch above her caused the girl to snap her head backwards as she looked up seeing the jaws of the snake close around the spider biting it and throwing it down and curling around it. Smirking to herself Teayre takes a step towards the snake, “So you hate spiders to eh?â€

Teayre: 54/65 

Monstrous Spider: 9/44 5 (3 DMG + 2 Bleed) [bleed 0 / 2 Turns Reamining] (3 DMG From Viper)

ID: 20456

BD: 7 (4 + 2ACC + 1LM)

MD: 3 (4 – 1 EVA)

LD/2: 1

As the monstrous spider got out of the vice like grip of the snake it scurried over past Teayre and behind its smaller minions. The snake turned as Teayre did, a loud hiss came from the creature as Teayre looked into its gaping maw. “Easy now, I’m not your opponent. Here.†Pulling her inventory up she chucks a slab of the meat she had purchased earlier into the mouth of the beast. “Enjoy.†Turning back to the spiders Teayre sighs, shaking her head in her hand. “Then there was four, guess you’re going to hide behind your little pets so I’ll just slaughter them first and then come for you.â€

The snake lunged forward Teayre darted to the side narrowly avoid its strike as it snapped at where she had just been. “Well now… Even after I gave you that meat, ungrateful sod.†Her eyes quickly flicked to the spiders, one was missing. A quiet hiss above here caused Teayre to react, thrusting her katana straight up she feels some resistance before she squinted a peek out. A spider was trying to turn her katana into a kebab stick flicking it to her side the arachnid flew of the end. Just before it burst into crystals the snake snapped it up out of the air. Her eyes locked onto the twenty six that remained. “We’ll get there in the end I suppose…†Cocking her head slightly Teayre brought her katana up ready.

Teayre: 54/65 

Monstrous Spider: 9/44 

Spider 3: -1/7 8 DMG DEAD

• 2 months later...

ID: 31050

BD: 11 (9 + 2 ACC) [+1 DMG]

MD: 10

LD: 7/2 = 4 – 1 EVA = 3

A sly grin came up over her face as Teayre began to dash towards the snake again. The large serpent coiled itself before striking out at the girl. Jumping she landed on the nose of the snake, feeling it vibrate as a loud angry hiss emanated from it Teayre put her hand between its eyes and used it to back flip away smiling to herself. “You know, you are going to be mine you little serpent you.” Chuckling to herself as she sailed through the air landing in the middle of the snake’s coils. Gritting her teeth Teayre tensed her muscles.

The viper quickly began to close its coils encircling the small girl. Quickly Teayre jumped off the scales flinging herself high. The viper used the tension it had from its closed coils to lunge out at Teayre snapping. As she started to come down one of the small spiders leapt at her, its fangs sinking into her leg pulling her out of the way of the snake. Letting out a cry Teayre fell and rolled away from the spider right into the jaws of the other smaller one. Spinning as she stood she felt her health sink down some more as her katana ripped through the second spider. Looking up her mouth dropped as the black speceled form of the Monstrous Spider dropped onto her. With its mandibles clacking it pierced Teayre’s armour and as she scrambled away great red lines marking where the fangs had sunk deep.

Teayre: 44/65 10 DMG (5 + 1 + 1 + 6 Crit – 3 MIT)

DEAD: Spider 2: -2/7 9 Damage (8 + 1 Crit)

Edited by Teayre

BD: 8 (6 + 2 ACC)

MD: 2 (3 – 1 EVA)

LD/2: 1 

After she crawled out from underneath the bristles of the spider Teayre stood up eyeing the beast closely her katana flicking to the side as a slow smile creeped over her face. “I take it you do want to die then.” As she stepped forwards the girl staggered, catching herself on a nearby branch. The spider wasted no time and lunged for Teayre, gritting her teeth the red head darts out of the way. A hand resting on her stomach she clenches the Oikawa Kanashiki tightly. “I guess this is it then.” Her eyes flicked up checking her health bar. “Good no status effects, and over half health guess I should be okay then.” She mutters to herself whilst twisting her blade her left hand joining her rights on the hilt. 

The monstrous spider leapt towards her again and Teayre kicked off dodging the blow. Rolling the red head comes up behind the serpent that lets out a low hiss before striking speedily at Teayre. Her katana whipping up blocking it before she is sent flying back from the force of the blow. Panting heavily she watches as the last small spider scuttles up to her, feebly pouncing towards her its mandibles outstretched. Ducking Teayre whips her blade skyward, watching as the spider is sliced into two and the crystals disappear on either side of her.

Teayre: 44/65

DEADSpider 1: -1/7 8 Damage

Edited by Teayre

ID: 31062

MD: 5 (8 – 3 EVA)

LD/2: 3 (6 -3 EVA)

Standing up straight Teayre looked down and quickly cut away some of the cobwebs attached to her feet. Looking around the clearing she saw the viper lining itself up for another strike at her. The Monstrous Spider seemed to be preparing itself as well. Sighing she hefted her katana and closed her eyes briefly, breathing slowly. Snapping her eyes open she began to make her move her <Sprint & Acrobatics> ability activating yet again as she darted towards the large arachnid remaining. “Now, you’d better give me what I need.”

As she dashed across the small clearing the viper made its move its jaws snapping towards Teayre. Leaping high she avoids the initial bite attack but has raise her weapon to block the tail that swiped towards her knocking the small girl over towards the hairy beast. As she lay on the ground her teeth gritted the spider pounced her katana raised blocking the two sharp piercing mandibles. Spitting into the eight eyes that leered down from above her she swivelled her blade, slicing the threating venom dripping weapons that loomed above her. Kicking the creature off her she rolled backwards standing up.

Monstrous Spider: 1/44 8 Damage

Edited by Teayre

ID: 31064

BD: 4(2 + 2 ACC) [+1 BD Next Roll]

MD: 3 (6 – 3 EVA)

LD/2:4 (7 – 3 EVA)

As she scanned her eyes over the spider’s health she saw it blinking. Then Teayre passed her eyes over the spider’s seeing its health bar still at fall she let out a long drawn out sigh. “Still a ways to go eh? Well I want that snake if I can help it. If not I’m going to be in for another long fight…” As she watched her two foes carefully Teayre found that all three of them had moved to the edges of the clearing and were circling each other the clearing had become a three way deadlock. Her eyes flickered for a moment and that’s when everything started.

The snake barrelled towards her Teayre leapt high to avoid and watched as the spider sped across the ground and climbed onto the snakes back waiting for her. The red head watched as she came falling back to the earth as the spider shot several strands of web at her. Deflecting these with her katana Teayre landed heavily on the ground with the snake coiling around her again. Its head peering down as the spider crawled down into the tightening arena that had been created by the whirling coils of the snake. Breathing heavily Teayre knew it would come to this.

Monstrous Spider: 1/44

Edited by Teayre

ID: 31066

BD: 9 (6 + 2 ACC + 1 LM)

LD/2: 5 LD= 10 (Creature not interested in being tamed)

MD:5 (8 - 3 EVA)

Spreading her legs Teayre settled into a wide stance almost as if she was riding a small invisible horse. She met the spider’s eight eyes with a smile as she watched it began to climb up the coils to no avail they were closing too fast for the arachnid to get a grip with its feet. Letting out a sigh Teayre twisted her foot and launched herself forwards, spinning as she did so.

The Oikawa Kanashiki made contact with the spider as it reared backwards onto its hind legs as the red head approached it.  As the creature burst into crystals the slithering stopped for a moment and Teayre looked up to see a pair of looming eyes meet her. Holding the eye contact Teayre stepped to the left, the snake’s gaze followed her. Stepping to the right she watched as it imitated her movements. The small girl tensed for a moment waiting for the snake to make its move.

DEADMonstrous Spider: -7/44 8 DMG

Edited by Teayre

Snake is now taking over from the mob die as no spiders are left.

ID: 31740

BD: 4 (2 + 2 ACC) [+1 LM Next Turn]

MD: 9

As Teayre tensed the viper darted forwards its fangs closing around her. Letting loose a shrill scream Teayre tries to wriggle free however she feels the fangs sink slightly deeper into her. Twisting and turning she eventually feels the vice like jaw slacken slightly using the Oikawa Kanashiki’s hilt she smashes it into the roof of the snakes mouth causing herself to be thrown deeper onto the fangs in front of her.

Pushing away from the fangs Teayre finds herself suddenly flying through the air and crashing into a tree. Sinking down as she raised her hand she saw her katana finish flying through the clearing and land point down at two o’clock from her current positon. Cussing she tries to push herself to her feet and finds that she’s struggling. Looking down a small white liquid seeps out from the glowing red puncture wound. Her eyes flick up to the status effects, she’d been paralysed and was nearing the ever dangerous yellow zone.

Teayre: 40/65 4 Damage

Edited by Teayre

ID: 32139

BD: 9 (6 + 2ACC + 1 LM) - Paralysed

MD: 4

The snake coiled around Teayre as she stood there, her muscles twitching as the paralysis coursed through her.  As the crimson snake reared its head Teayre felt her eyes want to close. Whilst being forced to watch as the snake bit down towards her, she screamed internally. Being thrown to her side the rough scales of the snake rubbing against her face. Earth came flying over running down her face. Her mind racing.

“Oh god... Cal… I shouldn’t of gone on my own…. I needed time though… Hopefully…” Her body rolling as the body around her tightened and began to grip her. Teayre’s eyes went wide as the paralysis wore off instead she was stuck within the coiled body of the serpent.

Teayre: 40/65

Edited by Teayre

ID: 32142

MD: 2 (5 – 3 EVA)

As the feeling returned to her feet and fingers Teayre begins to wriggle around. The tightening body restricting her movement more and more. Letting out a sigh the crimson haired girl pauses for a moment. As she breathed out her <Sprint and Acrobatics> skill activating she leaps manages to leap and push herself out of the deadly trap. Landing she rolls and eyes the snake, quickly glancing about for her sword Teayre grits her teeth as she doesn’t see a trace of it.

Her <Sprint and Acrobatics> skill activating again Teayre darts around the snake scooping her katana up. As her hand touches the hilt of the blade the crimson haired girl is forced into a cartwheel to avoid the powerful attack the serpent unleashed in her direction. From uncoiling itself and flying like a bullet in her direction it smashed through several of the trees. Landing Teayre skidded for a moment before unleashing her attack. The Oikawa Kanashiki swerving upwards slashing the snake across its body before leaping back, watching it carefully as it circled around her. “Guess it’s kill you or die then…” Tutting the small girl steeled herself for the next attack. 

Teayre: 40/65

Giant Viper: 36/44 8 Damage

Edited by Teayre

ID: 32144

BD: 9

MD:9

The snake twisted and turned lowering its head to meet Teayre’s eyes. As the two maintained eye contact the girl shivered. Twisting her hands Teayre adjusted her grip on her katana. Her lips thinning as she watched the snake readying herself for any sudden movements. Taking a few deep breaths Teayre made her move the Oikawa Kanashiki arcing round towards the snake's eyes.

As she started to move, the snake she was facing moved even faster. Its jaw wide as it lurched towards her, mouth clamping down around her. A shrill scream echoed in the clearing. Slowly her eyes looking down Teayre saw she had been bitten again, stifling a sob the girl kicked the mouth of the snake open before making her move. As she darted around the snake her katana cut deep into it causing red crystals to fall from it and drop out.

Teayre: 36/65 4 Damage (3 + 1 Crit)

Giant Viper: 27/44 9 Damage (8 + 1 Crit) Bleed 2/2

Edited by Teayre

ID: 32145

BD: 8 – Invalid as Paralysed

MD: 7

As she finished moving Teayre found her body was slowing down again. “Not ag-“ As her mouth began to form the words, the venom from the snake was already beginning to take effect. Slowing down her muscles movements freezing them. Making her a venerable target. Her eyes wide as she watched the snake rear up getting itself ready for its next strike. Her breath caught as her eyes flicked to her health bar. It was yellow.

Without a moment hesitation the snake struck. This time however instead of biting Teayre, it simply head butted her. As she flew back the small girl tried to right herself but didn’t succeed. Silently thanking whatever gods existed in this world for being paralysed as it allowed her to keep a hold of the Oikawa Kanashiki. Smacking into a tree she slowly sunk down from it. As she feel onto her back she glared up at the snake.

Teayre: 33/44 3 Damage

Giant Viper: 25/27 2 Bleed Damage [Bleed 1/2]

Edited by Teayre