PP - F6 Welcome to the Jungle (Azazel) (Completed)

"I haven't been here in a while."

Calrex gave a small sigh as he looked around the Amazon settlement on the sixth floor, his hands in his jacket pockets. He was clad in his casual combat clothing since he was in the safe zone, but his Grand Blade and Grand Gauntlets were equipped.

"Let's see, I came here because supposedly we were suggested to try and become more acquainted with the other members of Absolute Pin. I already know everyone but that player...her name was...Azazel right? Well I hope she's up for wandering around. She seems like a fairly strong player, which is a good thing to have."

He went over to a nearby resting area, laying down as he put his hands behind his head, "Guess I'll just chill until she shows."

Zaz walked through down the path to the settlement on the sixth floor half singing an old song about a jungle from some 80’s hairband. She didn’t know all the words, but the one’s she did she sang at the top of her lungs for dramatic emphasis. Azazel had never been this far before and It was ridiculously exciting. She still only had starter equipment because Col was hard to come by for her, but that didn’t detour the woman from roaming wherever she wanted to go, and today, that was on the sixth floor to size up the quiet man that sat at her in the guild thread meeting.

Anna could vaguely recall the man sitting next to her in the guild meeting. Well actually the only detail she could recall was that there was a man sitting next to her, nothing else remained other than that. She might have recalled him saying stuff, but she didn’t even listen that entire time. Plus once she got her keg, she was done; Zaz checked out and drank. She wondered how she would recognize this man. “I guess I won’t†Anna said with a laugh. It was a good thing she had a blinking indicator on her map. She used her friend locator to find him. She supposed he was on there because they must’ve exchanged information at some point.  The little light showed that he was up ahead and so she followed until she made it to the point on her map. There she found a man laying there with her hands behind his head.

“You’re the guy aren’t you?†she asked him, “The one I’m supposed to be meeting here?†

"Hm?"

As Calrex looked over he saw someone clad n starting gear standing over him as he got to his feet, "Um, yeah, Azazel right? I'm Calrex."

He got to his feet as he dusted himself off, "In any case it's good to meet you."

"She doesn't seem to be very comfortable. Well, I guess that's no surprise. We did only meet for a short time at Ariel's gathering, and once we distributed the pieces I remember she actually went and grabbed a keg of ale before going off to drink on her own."

He looked quickly, scanning the features of the person in front of him to see if there was anything that would give him a hint of her current mood. At the moment it seemed fairly indifferent.

"Well, let's see have you been to this floor before? If you haven't I could show you some of it, and maybe we can go fight some mobs in the meantime. I know that we were told to try and get more acquainted due to being in Absolute Pin, so I'm up for anything at the moment."

Azazel smiled as she found her target and was even happier when he reminded her of his name. “Yeah… Zaz, Please.†He seemed like a friendly enough guy; she saw no reason to dislike him at this point which was good. The young man said it was nice to meet her which only cause her to smirk and reply a short “You too.â€

She’d see how pleased she was to make his acquaintance after she sized up what sort of man he was.

“I’ve not actually been here,†she responded, “I should very much like to check it out… thanks.†Anna said and smiled. He was tolerable so far. This was off to a good start.

“Shall we be on our way then?†she asked him since he was to be her guide.

"Sure thing, Zaz it is. Oh, if you have any questions so far, or if any come to mind feel free to ask. I'm still learning things about SAO, but I'll be happy to relay any knowledge that I've gathered so far."

He directed Azazel towards the direction of the gate as he began swiping through his menu. After pressing a button his clothing and character became engulfed in a flash of blue light as he donned the Grand Chariot armor. As the two exited the gate he looked over, giving a quick glance at the part of the field where he had once fought <<Gemini>> before looking back forward, "On this floor the theme is a jungle, so all of the monsters are themed after them. Snakes, giant spiders, and the like are in there, but they shouldn't be anything we can't handle."

As they got to the tree line he let his <<Reveal>> skill activate, scanning the area in their immediate location. Seeing that there were no creatures hiding behind cover at the moment he gave a nod, "Looks like we're in the clear for now. There's no ambushes in wait within a good distance of us."

They were off!

Calrex lead her from the rest area and began to lead her down a path. He donned his armor which caused the woman to stifle a giggle. It was a rather elegant set of armor, but to her he looked like a walking household appliance. She humored herself by looking for his cord and wondered what he might do if she found it and could plug him into something.  “Maybe coffee…. NO! TOAST! He’s a walking toaster!† Anna thought and pressed her hands to her mouth hard to keep the sounds of her breathy giggles form reaching the man’s ears.

The man was genuinely nice. As they moved along he explained where they were, what they would find, and even scanned the area to see if they were safe from attack, which they were thanks to his rather handy detection skills. Already she could see why Ariel would choose this man to be her leader of defense. Even having just actually met him, she already felt comfortable and knew that she was safe in his company. 

As Calrex continued to take point of the two he felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head as he felt Azazel's eyes focused on his back, hearing some strange whisper level noises coming from behind.

"Is she alright? It sounds like she might be having a personal laugh attack without trying to let me hear...or it might be the sounds of the forest."

After pushing some leaves to the side he looked around once again, scanning the area with his skill. There were some creatures at the very edge of his skill's range, but they were not concerned with the two players at the moment.

"Hm...let's see. We should be clear for  a bit longer before we should be at the ready. There's some creatures spawning at the edge of my skill's range, about sixty paces away, but we haven't gone into their detection range just yet."

With that he looked around once more before moving again, "In any case how's things with you in SAO, well, other than being alive of course?"

With her giggles in check, Zaz perked up when she heard that they were getting closer to some sort of enemy. She placed her hand on her weapon to be ready for when the time came to attack. She was getting better at it, but still had so much work to do. With things still calm, he turned to her and made converstation. “Oh you know… it goes. It’s like home, but with swords and monsters. It’s kind of fun actually,†She grinned, “You must find that weird.†Azazel added quickly.

"How about you?" Anna was curiosu to know how he took the game. If she knew that she'd be able to tell plenty about him. 

"Nah not at all. I mean...even with the fact that this is a death game, it's still a game right? Even if we're worried about making it out safely, we should at least try and make best of our time in here."

As Azazel readied her weapon Calrex nodded in agreement, his right hand clenched into a fist as he prepared his <<Martial Arts>> skill when they get close enough, "For me things have been going better than I could have ever expected honestly. I wouldn't have guessed I'd be where I am at today when I first got started on the first floor, but I'm glad things turned out they way they did. I wouldn't have it any other way."

As he spoke he felt his cheeks redden slightly as he recalled some of the good memories he's had so far before he gave a calming breath, keeping an eye on the monsters in his field of vision, "Alright, we should be on top of the monster soon. If we get this right we should be able to take it by surprise and get a couple of shots in before it has a chance to retaliate."

So he felt the same as she did. This gave her relief and made her like the young man more and more. “I so know what you mean. It’s sad, but I feel more alive here than I ever did there. I suppose it’s because I know that any minute I could die, so I might as well make the best of it.â€They moved toward the targets and spoke in hushed tone. Anna slowly drew her rapier to be ready on Cal’s word of attack. “Just give the word…†She said quietly as she focused on what was to come next.

ID: 16118

Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +1) = 10 (+1 Damage)

As the two approached Calrex made note of the creature they were about to jump. It was a large snake with a body about as big as half of Calrex's height, and longer than he and Azazel combined three times over, "Alright, get ready..."

He gave a calming breath as the light blue aura chains surrounded his right arm, beginning to spin like a drill. He gave a nod to Azazel as he leapt forward, seeing the snake's head turn as it spotted him. He got into striking range and thrust his first forward, the chains shooting out like a shotgun blast as it impacted the snake right between the eyes. He used the remaining momentum to push off of his fist, gaining some distance between him and the creatures, "Alright go for it Zaz. We've got the advantage."

HP List

Calrex: 69/69

Azazel: 29/29

Enemies:

Jungle Anaconda: 27/34

BD: 2 (damn it!)

HE WAS A MACHINE!

Some kind of crazy medieval mechwarrior, and it was actually pretty awesome! She stood there observing his awesome battle skills wondering where she too could get a mechatincan like the man. Cal called for her to get a move on but Anna was too distracted by being impressed with him to jump in when called.

“Sorry,†she said getting her ass in gear and hopping into the game. 

HP List

Enemies:

ID: 16133

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +1) = 5

Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

Calrex turned to see that apparently Azazel was distracted by his abilities to act as he felt another sweatdrop form on the side of his head. Luckily the anaconda was still reeling from his blow, even partially slamming into the tree as it writhed about in confusion. As she apologized Calrex shook his head understandingly, "No it's alright, happens to the best of us."

He jumped forward as he tried to unleash a spinning side kick, but the anaconda slithered out of the way as he flew past, kicking the ground behind it. He quickly turned, keeping the snake in his sights, "Alright Zaz you're up!"

HP List

Enemies:

BD:7 (+1 ws dmg)

Anna was stunned. Was this guy for real?

He was just too nice! Instead of telling her to pull her head out of her ass and get in gear, he told her it happens and welcomed her to battle. She laughed and charged in, her rapier pointed straight for the snake. The anaconda was distracted by Calrex and didn’t notice her jump behind it and thrust her rapier into its side. She grinned and hopped back to keep out of the snake’s strike zone. Tin man was safe in his can but she had no armor so she was vulnerable to strikes, so she needed to be careful.

HP List

Enemies:

Jungle Anaconda: 25/34

ID: 16140

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1) = 6

Mob Dice: 10 (Damage +2)

As Azazel got a successful strike on the snake Calrex gave an approving nod as prepared to rush in, but as he watched he saw the back end of the snake come around behind Azazel from her blind spot, beginning to wrap around her, "Shoot..."

The tail end managed to get a squeeze before Calrex rushed in and delivered a drop kick to the wrapping area, which forced it to open, hurling his teammate towards a tree. He quickly rushed over using his <<Sprint>> ability to catch her as she fell, setting her on her feet, "You alright? Let me know if you drop into the yellow zone or worse. I've got a couple of potions on me."

He looked back at the snake as he rushed in again, dodging underneath it's mouth as it opened, delivering a quick jab to it's chin before leaping back, "Alright, go for it Zaz!"

HP List

Azazel: 24/29

Enemies:

Jungle Anaconda: 19/34

BD: 7 (+1 wsdmg)

Anna hadn’t noticed that the snake was coming for her as she jumped back to get out of its reach, but the thing caught her and squeeze her tightly. “Son of a  oooff–“ she got cut off from the snake forcing the air from her lungs. Anna struggled, but she didn’t have to for long because Mecca Captain America Calrex gave the snake a powerful kick, so powerful in fact that Zaz went flying from the death grip and sailed through the air as if she were a ragdoll. She closed her eyes and waited for impact but instead she never felt one. When she opened her eyes she found herself safe and sound and in Cal’s arms. She let out a giggle and blushed over the amusement of what had transpired.

â€œThanks†she said as he set her down her chest hurt, but she'd live. “And I’m fine that’s to you.â€

With that the man went back for another strike and she followed suit, giving the snake another slice with her rapier.

“That’s for squishing me you bastard!â€

HP List

Enemies:

Jungle Anaconda: 17/34

ID: 16178

Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +1) = 9

Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

As Azazel rushed in, attacking the snake with some combat banter Calrex felt a smirk creep across his face for a second before he rushed in. He quickly weaved around Azazel as he kept the snake's head in his sights. He looked to the side to see the snake was trying to wrap it's tail around him like it did to his teammate, but he was prepared for it. As the tail closed in he used his <<Acrobatics>> to leapt up in the air, completely out of the tail's way.

As he descended he saw the snake's mouth open as if trying to catch him in its jaws. He brought his right arm back as he adjusted his flight path as he slammed his fist into the creature's nose, right at the bridge separating the two nostril holes. The snake reeled from the attack as Calrex kicked off, landing a few paces away, "Nice let's keep this up! Switch!"

HP List

Enemies:

Jungle Anaconda: 11/34

BD: 7 (+1 ws dmg)

Zaz wanted to watch Calex fight because it was pretty impressive stuff, but he was keeping the snake busy which meant she could hit it. While the snake was working on making the canned man his dinner she snuck in and stabbed the beast again. Calrex easily saved himself from being the next meal. She doubted the creature could digest him even if he were swallowed. Cal could just slash his way out from the inside all because the snake lacked a can opener. 

HP List

Enemies:

Jungle Anaconda: 9/34

ID: 16191

Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +1) = 10 (Damage +1)

Mob Dice: 6

As Azazel made another successful hit Calrex looked to see the snake turn to try and engulf her. As it's mouth opened the fangs flicked out, one of them scratching Azazel in the arm. Calrex immediately rushed over, the spiraling chains forming around his arm as he used his <<Sprint>> ability to slam his elbow into the snake's cheek, knocking its mouth off course. After he did he brought both of his arms back as he thrust both of them forward, the chains surrounding his arms as they shot forward in a double shotgun blast-like effect. The attacks slammed into the snake's head, sending it slamming into a tree. He gave a calming breath as he looked over, "Alright this thing is almost finished. Finish it off Zaz!"

He gave a nod as he kept himself at the ready.

HP List

Azazel: 21/29

Enemies:

Jungle Anaconda: 2/34

BD: 7

LD: 18

The snake turned and came straight for her. She tried to deflect it, but the thing struck her anyway. She hissed from surprise. “Why you!†she growled. Zaz was a little more than pissed. But of course her hero rushed in and saved the day again with his awesome mechgear. “I swear I need to get one of those suits,†Anna said as she watched as the snake was slammed into a tree as Cal encouraged her to go for it and finish the thing off.

“You got it!†She rushed in and drove her rapier straight through the snake’s right eye.

She felt like a complete and total badass as the snake crystallized and disappeared. Despite her feeling of pride, she knew that 90% of the work was done by her companion. She picked up the dropped mat and the Col and walked over to Calrex.

“Here you go!†She said holding the stuff out to him. “Since you did most of the work you really ought to take the spoils.â€

HP List

Azazel: 21/29

Enemies:

Jungle Anaconda: 0/34 DEAD

FOUND: 1 Mat and 170 Col