PP - F6 Welcome to the Jungle (Azazel) (Completed)

As Azazel collected the loot Calrex gave a smirk underneath his helmet as he calmly shook his head, gently pushing the materials back to her, "Don't worry about it. I've got more than I need. You go ahead and keep it."

As he quickly scanned the area it seemed the place was devoid of activity as he gave a small sigh of relief, "In any case good work in that fight. You've definitely god some skill with that rapier, and a lot of potential."

With that he pointed in the direction of the way they came, "We should be good for now. It's kind of become something I do when I help people out with training and such, but how would you feel about going to grab a quick congratulatory drink? I remember you had a barrel of ale at the meeting, so it might be on that level, but something as my treat."

“You  sure?†Anna said as she added the items to her inventory before he could tell her anything.

She had to ask since he offered but she wasn’t letting go of the things that easily. As she finished up Cal complimented her on her skills. “I’ve such a long way to go, but I’m at least consistently hitting things now,†she beamed. “But you, my shiny friend are amazing. Besides Life, I don’t think I’ve met another player with your abilities. I can see why the blond lady trusts you to protect us. I do too.†Azazel trusted no one and for him to have earned some of it, well it was a miracle in itself.

Calrex then offered to take her for a drink to which Zaz nodded and smiled widely. “Hell yes! DRINKS,DRINKS!†She cheered as she bounced down the path back the way they’d come. 

"Heh, well I'm glad that Ariel trusts in my abilities as well. It wasn't exactly an easy road getting to where I am now. Actually, my first battle I was lucky to have Teayre and another friend of our by my side, because I didn't land a single hit on it."

"Did...she say shiny?"

Calrex felt another sweatdrop form on the side of his head, but as Azazel became overly excited about drinks another drop formed as he followed behind, switching out of his Grand Chariot armor and back into his casual combat clothing. "Heh, well I'm glad you're excited for it. I don't know of any good places on this floor, so it'll be an experiment for sure."

As they arrived back in the Amazon village Calrex looked around, seeing a small circular stand where there appeared to be a bartender mixing up a variety of drinks. Surrounding it were small tables with seats that Calrex figured were for the patrons that couldn't fit in the immediate area. Since the bar itself was filled he ushered Azazel to one of the small tables, "Well, what's your poison. Since the bars here can make pretty much anything I tend to go for an Irish Coffee."

“Irish coffee?†Zaz said and smiled. That was in interesting choice to say the least. She followed over to the table in the corner and plopped down into a seat.

“Ummm…†she thought for a second. “ I need rum on the rocks… but more rum, less rocks... like none actually. Oh! And a twist of lime and keep them coming!†Anna decided.

Zaz noticed Calrex sweating from the humidity. “Not used to this huh?†She said as she took up a napkin and dabbed it on his face.â€That’s better.†She said. Zaz looked around the place and decided that she liked this level a lot. The warmth and humidity was just wonderful. She only felt a little bad that her companion was a little hot under the collar here. 

"Rum on the rocks, no rocks with a twist of lime. Sure thing!"

As Azazel dabbed some of the sweat from his face Calrex's eyes widened in surprise for a second at the sudden act, but he gave a quick shake of his head, getting up and heading for the bar, quickly ordering the two drinks before returning back, sliding Azazel her's, "Nah, I'm actually fairly used to this weather. The ninth floor is actually much hotter than this. I wouldn't be surprised if even high level players have a chance of getting heat stroke while up there."

He he took a swig of his Irish coffee he enjoyed the taste that came on. The bartender made a good balance. There was coffee, but there was also the presence of the Irish whiskey that was mixed with it. It also wasn't too sweet from the sugar and cream usually added to it, "How's yours?"

“You got it!†Anna said and smiled.

She laughed at the expression she made after mopping his face up. It was kind of cute in a naïve sort of way. She didn’t mean anything by it; she just couldn’t stand to see him a sweaty mess. GROSS! 

He came back with drinks in hand and slid Zaz’s over to her and told her it was hotter on other floors. “You’re kidding?†Anna said and frowned. If that was the case she was going to need to get herself a battle bikini to beat the heat on hotter floors. Battle bikinis worked out in other games, so she didn’t see why it wouldn’t work here in Aincrad. He took a drink and she did the same but she finished it off. He asked her how she found her drink.

“I find it gone.†She laughed.

As Calrex had finished asking his how his teammate's drink was he looked to see it was already depleted. His eyes widened in surprise for a second before he gave an honest laugh at the situation, "Wow, you certainly put that away. When you said keep them coming you meant it! Alright I'll go get you another one."

Calrex went back over to the bartender, who also gave a look of surprise for a second before he quickly put together another drink, handing it to Calrex. After that he quickly went back over to the table, sliding it over to Azazel, "Alrighty, here's your next one."

"I'm actually kind of curious how in the world she tossed that back so quickly. It's bigger than a shot glass, so it's not like you can just hold it in the front of your mouth then toss it back. She just have just let it completely pass her tongue and go straight into her throat. That...gotta burn."

As he thought this Calrex took another swig of his Irish coffe, but let his eyes casually keep an eye to see if there was anything he could gleam from Azazel's drinking technique.

"I'm not one to drink alcohol often, but I'd like to at least be familiarized with the proper way to drink things, or at least how to quickly put them away without getting sick..."

“I really did,†Anna said and cracked a smile, “Now be a darling and fetch me another.†The woman said and laughed.  Zaz didn’t stutter when she said she wanted more, she meant it!

Azazel waited patiently as Cal brought her a second drink. She drank way more here than she would’ve in the real world but that was only because the alcohol here had next to no effect upon her. It was troublesome as it took drinking twice as much to give her even one quarter of the effect of drinking would if she were back in reality. He came back to the table with another and set it down before her.

“You’re a doll,†She said as she raised her glass to him.

As she went to knock it back she caught Cal staring at her from the corner of her eye.  She figured he probably wanted to know how she made the first one disappear like it did, so she decided to show him. She tipped the glass and tilted her head back slowly. As she angled the glass, she tilted her head even further so both stayed level. It took only a couple seconds, but number two was gone. She set the glass back upon the table and looked at her awed companion.

“The trick is to keep from drinking down air. You do this by keeping your mouth and the glass in line.†Zaz explained. “Try it.†She said nudging his glass toward him.

“It’s not like this does much here so you’re fine.†Anna was just the sort who always encouraged bad behavior, it was just her nature.

"Huh, sounds interesting. Alright, let's see how it goes. Yeah I'm familiar with that part of the mechanic actually, heh."

As Azazel pushed his drink towards him he picked it up, looking at the good amount of foam still remaining on the top of the Irish coffee.

"Why do I have a feeling like that's going to tickle my throat on the way down?"

He positioned the glass in front of his mouth, trying to imitate what his teammate did as he tilted his head and glass back, keeping them level. For a while as the coffee/Irish whiskey mixture underneath the foam flowed into his mouth he was having a fairly easy time pulling it off, but as the foam got sucked in at the end the bubbles began bursting in his throat, tickling it to the point that he turned his head to the side as his body formed him to cough. He made sure to tilt his head away as he set his mug on the table.

"*cough* *cough* Gah...well that was working pretty well until the end, but I think I see what you mean."

He wiped some of the coffee that had slid onto the side of his mouth away as he shook his head, "Sorry about that. I'm guessing you're up for another one?"

Anna grinned wickedly as she knew what was coming. There was far too much foam in his glass for him to get the drink down in one gulp. Still she was amused that he was going to try anyway. She watched as he tiltled his glass and began to suck the drink down, so far, so good.  But he was nearing the end where the foam had risen to, and then he sputtered and coughed. Anna burst out in a fit of giggles and clapped her hands together.

“YAAAAY!†she cheered and laughed even more.  â€œThat was actually pretty promising there Dudley Do Right.†She said and patted Cal on the back to help him clear the foam.

“Better?†she asked. He wiped his face looking rather pleased with his effort. “I’m good I think. I’ll break your bank if you keep buying me drinks.†

"Heh, thanks. If you feel like calling it that's fine. I'm not giving up much for drinks though if you feel up for grabbing one more."

As Azazel patted his back he gave a nod to indicate that he was alright as he looked over, "In any case was there anywhere or anything else you wanted to take care of? It looks like things are winding down, so night will be coming soon. We should probably avoid going out into the fields, due to there being stronger monsters and possibly PKers on the prowl as well."

He felt his cheeks redden in embarrassment at his failed display as he gave a friendly smile.

Cal was cute for a dork. As well armored and skilled as he was, he was afraid of being out in the field after dark. It made Anna laugh wondering what sort of nice life he led outside of SAO.  Anna grew in the hood so she wasn’t scared of strolling around bad neighborhoods late at night.

“It’s fine. I had nothing else to do, so we probably should get out of here. Next time we come out her though I’ll take you for drinks and show how to do things up right.â€

And she definitely was going to get him off the girl drinks, because who ordered an Irish coffee when they weren’t hung over anyway?

Calrex gave a nod as Azazel suggested that they call it a day, "Alrighty then, it's a deal. This was fun, and it's good to get to know you Zaz. I'll be sure to see you around."

"Alrighty with that done, I wonder what Teayre's been up to. Maybe I can try to catch up with her."

He gave a wave to Azazel as he pulled up his player locator to see where Teayre was at.

Topic Complete

• Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • 1 Page Completed (400 col / 200 col per player)