PP - F2 Absolute Pin Initiation: Takneil (Completed)

Calrex sat just outside of the teleportation circle in the second floor main settlement of Urbus, clad in his deep sea blue full-body armor the Grand Chariot. Attached around his neck was Teayre's gift to him, the Ocean's Defense, and strapped to the back of his hip was his one handed sword the Grand Blade.

"Normally I wouldn't be meeting up with Takneil like this, since the appearance can be a little intimidating, but in this case I have to be serious. I was the one that recommended him to become part of Absolute Pin, so I need to make sure that he has the qualifications to be a strong member of the guild. I've decided to personally oversee both his and Hikoru's initiations."

As he awaited the appearance of his friend and initiate he crossed his arms, leaning against the wall he was standing next to, "I need to do this right. It's been some time since I talked with him, but if he's anything like how I remember his character being not only would be he be a great addition to the guild, but possibly a new hope here in SAO. With the way things are with the higher level players we all are in need of that. I saw a lot of potential in them, especially when they became founders of Leviathan."

Edited by Calrex
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takneil groans as he stumbles out of the teleporter, he was sick to his stomach. "I hate those damn things" he muttered, the boy had only taken it only a few times but he already knew that he was going to despise them. Stopping Takneil let out a shaky breath. "The next time I go through that thing again....ah who am I kidding? I'm going to have to go through at least a hundred of those" he grumbles as he looks around.

Walking over to Calrex, the boy nods. "Well...I got a feeling this is going to be serious if you're all suited up..." he stated. Today was the day he secured his place as an official guild member or 'Square Piece' for Absolute Pin, gulping nervously Takneil. "I don't suppose I could get a heads up on what I'm doing?"

As Calrex saw his friend arrive he gave a nod as he stood up from where he was leaning, giving a nod, "Hey Tak, glad you could make it. You're right, this is a more serious event, so let's begin."

Calrex gave a calming breath before he began speaking. He kept a calm tone that wasn't commanding, but did have a sense of authority.

"Takneil, as the Rook piece of Absolute Pin, your arrival marks the start of your initiation. During this course I don't want you to think of me as your friend, but as my position in the guild. Note that because I have also chosen you as my protege I will personally be observing your initiation. During this I'll be evaluating your abilities not just as a player, but as a person, to see first of all if you are qualified to become a full-fledged member, and if so where you would fall in terms of the duties of the guild."

With that Calrex gave a small sigh as he dropped the formal voice, as if he had gotten tired of being serious, "Just know that we're doing all of this for your sake. Absolute Pin is not a place welcome to everyone, it's a place where we're trying to bring the best of the best to work together in beating this game. I selected both you and Hikoru because I believe both of you have the potential to become great players, whether on the frontlines or not. I need to make sure my suspicions are right, and if it is not the case I'm not going to put you at unnecessary risk."

With that Calrex temporarily assumed his formal voice, "Knowing this Takneil, do you accept these conditions?

Takneil gave a nod to the man to show he understood. "I'll make sure to do my best" he states showing a smile. to be honest the boy was excited to be here, by joining the Guild he had shown that he had reign over his fears...not the other way around. "If I don't go 'Numb' that is..." he mumbles under his breath but quickly picks back up his positive demeanor, today was for him and not one that would require 'it'. Scratching the back of his head nervously the boy tilts his head. "Suspicions?" he asked. Takneil hoped that the man meant about him having potential and not something else.

Letting out a sigh Takneil shrugged. "Meh, you're my teacher therefore you don't have to tell me everything it sorta comes in with the job" he jokes a bit to lighten up the mood. "So where are we going to do this?

"Heh, well suspicions isn't really accurate. It kind of the scripted statement I put together whenever I had to do these kinds of initiations."

Completely dropping the formalities Calrex gave a nod, "In any case we're going to start making our way into the fields to a nearby small dungeon. During that time I'll be asking you some questions to gauge and see where your strengths and weaknesses lie so that the council can determine the appropriate part of the guild that you would serve best in. Take note that since you're going to training under my tutelage it's more likely you'll be training to work on the front lines and other duties more combat-directed. After the questionnaire I want to see how you hold your own within a dungeon as a way of gauging your strength. I'll be with you the entire time, so don't worry about death. I'll bail you out way before that happens should it come to that."

With that he directed Takneil towards the gates leading out of Urbus.

"Well...so far it seems I'm not for combat but...I guess we will see when we get there" Takneil states as he begins walking.

as he exited the city the boy sighs. "I'm not trying to sound prideful...but I hope you don't have to 'bail' me out, I may not know what the challenge is yet I can feel an uneasiness within myself." Takneil took in a calming breath as the two made way. "I think it may be I doubt myself...not that I can't beat the enemies but can I stop?" he asked out loud, normally he would have panicked if he knew someone had heard him but just recently he had told Calrex what was going on during his fights. continuing on the subject all emotion erases from the boy's face, stone faced as he looked ahead. "Cal...it's getting worse...he's getting worse"

"Cal...it's getting worse...he's getting worse"

"He's getting worse...this is different from before. The last time Tak told me about that side of him...he didn't think of it as a separate entity from himself. He said it was a part of him..."

"Alright, well I'll be sure to keep an eye on you. I hope that I can help bring you back if need be. But be careful. Going from the way you worded what you said, it's like that side of you, the 'numbness,' you've personified it, disassociating it from yourself. Be careful about that. Remember that whatever it is, it's a part of you, not separate."

With that Calrex walked over, giving him an encouraging light jab on the arm, "That means that whatever it is, I know you have the strength to bring it under control. What you need to do is believe that you have the strength to do so, but that will have to come with time."

With that the two exited the gates as Calrex drew the Grand Blade. As he felt the weight of the blade in his hand he felt the familiar overwhelming calm come over him as he gave a long deep breath, one that was filled with determination and courage, the indicator for his controlled cold persona. "Alright, let's make our way towards the dungeon. I'll ask you those questions on the way."

Once the two started moving Calrex started with the questions he needed to ask, "First question Tak, what do you think are your strengths and weaknesses, and I don't mean just in terms of your stats. What do you think are your strengths and weaknesses are as a person as well?"

• 2 weeks later...

Shaking his head Takneil sighed. "No...I was doing a Quest on my own the other day and had attempted what we had discussed, Harmonizing with it." remembering the experience the boy shivered as the two walked. "I thought I had found a way to...I don't know, shut it off I guess. but as soon as the Numbness went away I heard a voice" he explained. "It was weird...he seemed to have been insane and with it made me insane...it was like for that moment I didn't control myself...or at least part of myself and he was the culprit" he stated trying to fully comprehend what he had felt that day. "have you ever been awake during a dream? it felt like that, normally I wouldn't have done it again after that but...he never left after that, I can still feel him lingering within my mind." taking in a shaky breath Takneil tried his best to calm himself. "I think a more accurate conclusion is that the 'Numbness' personified itself" he said.

giving a light smile in response to the jab Takneil let the thoughts escape from him. "well...either way he has been quiet ever since, so right now lets try not and provoke an appearance" the boy joked as they exited the gates.

Raising an arched brow at the man's question Takneil placed a thoughtful hand on his chin. "My Strengths and Weaknesses?...it's really hard to say." he states as he buries himself in thought. "well for starters I know from experience is that I tend to trust way to easily and during fights I stand my ground until someone lost...I don't have much confidence in my abilities or myself." letting out a sigh Takneil shrugs. "At this point I haven't really discovered many good things about myself to know"

"I see, well I'll be sure to keep observant of what happens during the course of this initiation. If I see telltale signs of what you just told me I'll be sure to do something about it. But remember that you're stronger that that Tak. Don't lose sight of that fact."

With that Calrex motioned as the two approached the gates, listening to Takenil as he spoke...rather unknowingly about his strengths and weaknesses.

"Trusting way too easily during combat...you're gonna need to elaborate on that for me..."

Calrex nodded understandingly as he responded to his initiate's statement, "It might be we're approaching this the wrong way. How about telling me a couple of the times that you feel you've performed well and some where you felt you fell short? In this case I think you might be referring to this too personally. If this were the case I would also probably say the same, that I don't really have anything exceptional about my skills or qualities as a person. For this situation if you can take a step back and maybe tell me what I suggested it might help to be able to figure out where those high and low points are."

With that he gave a calming breath as he continued, "If you cannot then really the only thing I would be able to evaluate on is your skills in combat, which I try not to weigh as heavily as personal qualities. I'm sure there is something you know that people believe is a good quality."

"I think I understand now" Takneil responded. "A few times I've noticed that it's almost impossible for me to say no to a person who needs my help." he stated remembering some of the small odd jobs he had done for some strangers a few days back. trying to form it simpler words the boy offers an awkward smile. "I guess I just like to help people

thinking further on what could be his 'Good Qualities' Takneil moved his thoughts more into the real world, for a brief moment images of his family tearing at his eye replayed in his mind. Gasping for air the boy quickly moved his hand to cover his right eye as the phantom pained returned. "Guilt...I feel guilt for things that I shouldn't feel guilt for" he managed. Taking calming breaths Takneil tries his best to ignore the pain. "and the things I should feel guilt for hurt worse than any blade, The guilt itself isn't the good quality but I know for a fact I could never betray anybody, I'd rather die than live with that pain" he said truthfully as the two walked.

"I see..."

"Willing to help others, incapable of betraying someone. Boil that down it means that he's loyal and generous. Those are good qualities Tak..."

"I think I've gotten an idea of what you mean, so with that we can move onto the next question, which is have you ever fought alongside more than one person at your side?"

After exiting out of the gates Calrex made sure that the two were heading in the right direction towards the dungeon he had personally selected as a testing ground for his initiations. It wasn't ridiculously difficult like the upper floors, but was also not easy that a beginning player would have an easy time getting around. It was because of this Calrex felt it was suitable for testing Absolute Pin initiates.

"hmm...so far I've only fought along side you and Hikoru but only in the pairs...so no I haven't been in combat with more than one other person" leaving off there for a moment Takneil clears his throat. "Though I guess it would be important for you to know that in the outside world I fought alongside more than just two people though it wasn't for a just cause..." he states as he remembers the event, the roar of the angered crowd and the cries of the innocents in pain. Letting out a sigh the boy stops for a moment. "In the outside world I took part in several riots, I know it's not exactly organized combat or strategically planned but you learn how to work with others when you're fighting to survive" he explains to his teacher. Shaking away the memories the boy begins walking again he was in SAO and this was his world now so he needed to focus on what happens here not out there.

"Hm...well that's certainly an interesting thing to know. It seems like if he's been a part o something like that he should be a little more accustomed to working alongside others with a common goal."

"I see, well I'm not going to pry further into that information, but in terms of application I believe that some of the things you probably learned from that could be applicable to the raid team operations. Alright I think that's all I need to know. Now for the second part of this test. Once we enter the dungeon I'll still be right behind you, but I want to see how you fair and work while on your own when exploring."

As he finished speaking the two arrived at the entrance, the mouth of a cave. As they entered the surroundings shifted to that similar to a look similar to classic dungeons, with stone walls and such, "Alright, go for it Tak."

• 2 weeks later...

Gazing into the maw of the cave Takneil gulped nervously, this would be the first time he had ever went into a dungeon...he had no idea how these things worked! knowing his luck he would end up stepping into just about every trap and aggravating every monster. going for his sword the boy stepped forward into the cave, stopping his hand he refrained from drawing his sword...until it was needed he would allow it to rest, sometimes it would be better to use mind over muscle, when he got into battle would be when he would draw his sword. 

nodding to his teacher Takneil took the lead, using caution in every step but he moved swiftly. What exactly was he looking for? was the whole point of this to just clear a dungeon? or was there something more about this place?. being frustrated at the fact he had no idea what the goal was...even if there was one he had no idea what to do except follow the path. 

As Takneil entered into the dungeon Calrex gave a calming breath as he let his <<Reveal>> skill activate, the walls of the interior becoming transparent as he kept an eye out for any enemies that were wandering around inside. With that he slowly kept pace with Takneil, observing the boy as he made his way through the dungeon.

"Most likely he's gonna encounter one bat or two while he makes his way to the room I planned for him to end up in. But for now I'd best see how he carries himself while in the dungeon. I wonder if he's learned any strategies for navigating the interior."

"Go ahead and proceed like you would in this situation normally, and pretend I'm for the most part not here."

Halting in his approach The boy turns to his teacher and raises an arched brow. "Kinda hard to do that when you're talking" he joked a bit before returning his focus to the task at hand, keeping a watchful eye out for any place an enemy could be hiding in Takneil picks up his pace. he could only guess what SAO dungeons would be like...in other MMORPGs they usually had Rats,Slimes,The occasional bat cluster, and into the higher levels you would run into things like Goblins, Orcs, And if you were unlucky a Dragon. SAO? there were monsters he couldn't even have created in the worst of nightmares. grasping the hilt of his 'Stinger Blade' the boy prepared to strike anything that would come his way.

Calrex gave a smirk underneath his helmet as he gave a nod in response to Takneil's comment, taking note that the boy was using the new weapon that he had obtained from when he accompanied him and Hikoru on the <<Long Live the Queen>> quest, the Stinger Blade. As his <<Reveal>> skill enhanced eyes scanned the dungeon's passageways he noticed a large shadowed creature making its way down one of the hallways connected to the one they were traveling down, "Alright, almost time for his first fight. Let's see how he does."

The creature made a right turn, traveling towards the two. As it came more into view it turned out be the one of the common enemies for this dungeon, a giant bat. It let out a screech as he spotted Takneil and began making its way towards him.

HP List

Calrex: 89/89

Takneil: 30/30

Enemies:

Giant Bat: 44/44

Hearing the Bat's screech the boy quickly halted his movements, tightening his grip on the blade. Scouring the area around him he slowly drew his sword and fell into a battle stance. 'Where is it?' he thought, nearly letting a curse slip out Takneil sighed as he tried his best to peer through the darkness. 'I need to focus!'

ID:21845

Battle Die:5+1=6 (Success!)

Craft Die:5

Loot Die:17

MOB Die:3-1=2 

feeling the blade aid him Takneil couldn't help but smirk as he finally locked onto the Bat, "Gotcha Batsy" he stated, abandoning his stance he quickly ran straight for the wall. Using it for an extra step the boy pushed off and lunged his blade forward slicing through the enemy. Tucking into a roll Takneil swiftly brought his blade up to intercept any attack the Bat might perform.

COMBAT REPORT! 

~Takneil Dealt 4 DMG to MOB 1-Giant Bat.

HP List

Takneil:30/30

Enemies

Giant Bat:40/44

ID: 21875

Battle Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

Calrex gave a calming breath as he watched Takneil engage the bat, his eyes watching the creature's health bar as the boy successfully struck the creature. However, something seemed off.

"This bat...it's far too strong to be a good gauge of Takneil's abilities. I need to even them out a little bit..."

In a flash Calrex quickly accelerated using his <<Sprint>> ability, closing the distance between him and the bat as he leapt up, cutting a deep gash into its wings before slashing downwards, rolling out of the way so that the two could continue their battle.

"Alright, let's see how he does. Come on Tak, show me what you've learned since the last time I saw you..."

HP List

Enemies:

Giant Bat: 29/44

The boy raised an arched brow as his teacher stepped in and attacked the enemy, producing a frown he fell back into a battle stance once more. 'Why did Cal step in?, did I do something wrong already?, no...he said he would step only when needed so something must have been up with this Bat...' preparing to jump once more Takneil became more serious. 'Which means I need to end it quickly!'.

ID:21879

Battle Die:1+1=2 (Critical Failure!)

Craft Die:1

Loot Die:17

MOB Die:1-1=0 (Critical Failure!)

The boy had been wondering what would be at the end of the dungeon ever since he heard he was going to be entering into one, what if it was facing one's fears. A brief image of a pit crawling with thousands of insects popped into Takneil's mind. falling down on one knee he gagged and groaned as he felt nauseous.

COMBAT REPORT!

~Takneil failed to deal DMG to MOB 1-Giant Bat.

~Giant Failed to deal DMG to Takneil.

HP List

Enemies:

Giant Bat: 29/44