PP - F2 Absolute Pin Initiation: Takneil (Completed)

After Calrex struck and equaled the difference in health between the bat and Takneil he sheathed his sword and quietly observed. After his attack Takneil seemed to have been thrown off by something in his mind, stumbling over like he was about to puke. He raised an eyebrow as he gave a calming breath, restraining himself from stepping in once again.

"No...this is something that he has to overcome on his own. This is not some kind of practice session. It is a test, to see how he carries himself and how he could operate within a team. If he can't pull himself together it's likely going to count against him. Come on Tak, get a hold of yourself. Whatever it is on your mind, push it out and focus."

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

groaning as he forced himself to stand the boy staggered. 'ugh...why does my mind have to that?' remembering his enemy he turn with more effort than his previous movements. "Fight now...hurling later" he mumbled setting aside what might be at the end. drawing his sword from the ground he fell back into a battle stance. 'If I can't take on a bat then how am I suppose to defeat what might be at the end?' using the question as motivation he struggled to find the bat in the darkness. "Where are you?"

ID:22701

Battle Die:3+1=4 (Failure!)

Craft Die:12

Loot Die:1

MOB Die:4-1=3 (Failure!)

raising an arched brow Takneil searched the area unable to locate his enemy. 'Did it run away?...no it'll be around here but where?' growing annoyed with the bat he smirked as a plan came to mind. dropping into a cross legged position he closed his eyes.

"Hm...is Tak having trouble locating the creature? I know this area is fairly dark, but it's not enough to require Night Vision. He should be able to locate it if he focuses. Our eyes should be able to adapt to this level of brightness fairly well, especially once one gets a lock on their target."

Calrex remained silent, his eyes focused on the bat. Takneil was incorrect in that it had not run away, but it did decide to take a higher position, hovering a few feet up from its original position. However, it seemed it was biding its time. He gave a sigh as he slowly shifted his right arm over to the handle of the Grand Blade once again, preparing to step in if necessary.

"Come on Tak..."

trying his best to focus on what was happening around him Takneil slowed his breathing in an attempt to further what he could hear other than himself. 'Come on, it has to be here somewhere...' making sure his blade was in an easy to reach spot the boy was aiming to lure in his enemy rather than wasting his energy, stretching into a yawn Takneil only hoped his plan would work...

ID:23659

Battle Die:1+1=2 (Critical Failure!)

Craft Die:1

Loot Die:1

MOB Die:6-1=5 (Failure!)

it seemed as though he had been lying in wait for several minutes, he had even dozed off a few times. Could the enemy know what he was up to? or did it just give up? all he knew is after Cal had attacked the bat it seemed to have disappeared. feeling frustration Takneil bit his tongue to hold back from a more than vulgar outrage, he just needed to wait a bit longer.

Calrex watched as the bat made a quick pass over Takneil's head, the boy unaware of the creature's movements above. He gave a calming breath as he continued to observe the situation, "Both of them have not made a move on each other in some time. Tak still seems to be trying to locate the creature, but the bat isn't having that problem. I wonder what strategy the AI for it has up its sleeve..."

After some time the two still seemed to remain ready to strike, but did not, Calrex crossing his arms as he spread his stance, keeping deafly silent, "This battle should start up again once Tak has a grasp on the creature's location, but that's if he actually focuses and uses more than just his sight. That flapping isn't exactly stealth levels of silent. If he follows them it should be easy to determine the bat's positioning."

The bat couldn't be that hard to get at... the thing was closed off in a cave with him and he knew it was still there with him, but every time it had swept over his head he would have only wasted precious energy in trying to pursue it. He needed to be ready to attack before it was and then he would be able to strike, the dark around him wasn't as bad as it seemed but only having one eye never helped either, the A.I. was probably using it to it's own advantage though soon it would slip up and that would be his opportunity.  grasping the hilt of his sword the boy could only wait further as he awaited for who would claim the next strike.

ID:23906

Battle Die:2+1=3 (Failure!)

Craft Die:10

Loot Die:10

MOB Die:5-1=4 (Failure!)

"Looks like Takneil is waiting for the prime opportunity to strike. Good, he's not helpless flailing his arms at his target. Of course, I haven't seen any players so far that have gone and done something so foolish. Now..."

Calrex's eyes shifted up to the bat, which was still maintaining its distance from its opponent, hovering a couple of feet above. Its wings were beating like crazy to maintain its distance from Takneil. He lowered his arms, giving a calming breath as he resisted the urge to sit down and wait, "I guess the calm before the battle isn't as interesting if you're not the one participating, heh."

Takneil could only handle so much boredom and he was pretty sure that this was adding up to at least an hour...or maybe that point had already passed? struggling to maintain still he focused all of his mental activity on attempting to at least discover the whereabouts of the enemy. 'I know for a fact it is above me...but the question is where?' he could hear the sounds that have always been there in the first place but he needed to move beyond those. 'If I wave my sword wildly I would be ripe for the picking but then again doing nothing is having no effect

ID:23924

Battle Die:10+1=11 (Critical Success!)

Craft Die:10

Loot Die:4

MOB Die:7-1=6 (Success!)

Hearing the bat's wings clearly Takneil wasted absolutely no time as he sprung from his seated position, " I have you now!" he roared in triumph as he kicked off of the wall, the bat had been directly above him the entire time and now it would regret teasing him. locking onto his target the boy slashed as hard as he could, hearing the bats screech above him Takneil raised an arched brow as a wing fell to the ground. "Did I kill it?" feeling something hit him in the head he grit his teeth in pain as it bit him. 

COMBAT REPORT!

~Takneil dealt 6 DMG to MOB 1-Giant Bat.

~MOB 1-Giant Bat dealt 3 DMG to Takneil. 

HP List

Calrex: 89/89

Takneil: 27/30

Enemies:

Giant Bat: 24/44

Calrex's eyes focused as the battle seemed to pick back up, with Takneil successfully dealing a critical strike to the bat. However, this also came with a retaliatory attack as he saw the bat come down from its original position and bit his teammate. Nonetheless, the fact that Takneil had managed to discern the creature's position and remain calm was something he could take note of, "Nice work Tak...now just keep up the pressure. You were able to determine the creature's position, now don't give it a chance to get out of your sight."

He gave a small sigh as he rested his right hand against the handle of the Grand Blade once again as he watched the battle continue.

Feeling as if he were in some anime filler episode the boy struggled to pry the bat off of his head, at this point the enemy wasn't dealing anymore damage it seemed content on the player's head. gripping the one winged bat he shook his head wildly. "Get off, get off, get off, get off, GET OFF!" he roared the words like clockwork.

ID:24663

Battle Die:8+1=9 (Success!)

Craft Die:2

Loot Die:18

MOB Die:6-1=5 (Failure!)

Growing in frustration the boy dug his foot into the ground. "That's it!" grabbing onto the bat's only wing he slammed it into the ground. Letting out a pained screech the mob tried it's best to fly though failed. kicking his blade up to his hand Takneil unleashed a slash upon his target.

Combat Report!

~ Takneil Dealt 5 DMG to MOB 1-Giant Bat.

~MOB 1-Giant Bat failed to deal Damage to Takneil.

HP List

Takneil: 27/30

Enemies:

Giant Bat: 19/44

"Good, looks like he's gotten a lock on the creature. Now he just has to keep up the pressure..."

Calrex continued to quietly observed, giving a calming breath as he watched his initiate continue combat. As he did he looked down as there appeared to be some kind of notification. Figuring he should focus he dismissed it to address once the battle had concluded. Crossing his arms once again his eyes returned back to the battle.

"Wonder what that was all about. Odd..."

It was about time the battle picked up again though he wasn't sure how much longer he could have waited if that had been the case, flipping the blade in his hand the boy became a bit unsure on what to do. Well obviously he was supposed to attack the creature but with only one wing it could only roll around rather than fight back, frowning Takneil let out a sigh. 'just attack it like normal'

ID:24750

Battle:2+1=3 (Failure!)

Craft:6

Loot Die:13

MOB Die:3-1=2 (Failure!)

feeling his own body refuse what he ordered it to do the boy let out a frustrated breath, of course the battle had to end up one sided. gripping the blade tighter Takneil gritted his teeth as he struggled to move. 'Come on!'

"You're almost there Tak. Just remain calm and focus. Your blade will travel along the correct path, but your accuracy will take a shot if you don't control you strikes."

Calrex gave a calming breath as he kept focus on the fight, occasionally scanning around with his <<Reveal>> skill to make sure no other creatures were joining in on the fight. Luckily enough no other enemies were in range. "Tak's not fast enough to slash willy nilly at the moment, so he's better off timing his strikes and conserving his energy. Of course everyone fights their own way, but if he's anything alike to myself it might help."

Blade still shaking from his attempts to move in for a strike Takneil fought against his own morals. "Come...on, just m-move" he mumbled. glaring at the ball of bat that was his enemy the boy gritted his teeth. 'I will not be beaten by you of all things' slowly moving he tried his best to find any probable reason that this wasn't a breach of his codes.

ID:25508

Battle Die:1+1=2 (Critical Failure!)

Craft Die:9

Loot Die:14

MOB Die:1-1=0 (Critical Failure!)

Shaking his head Takneil roared out in a rage and threw his sword to the side. "CAL!, JUST END THIS DAMN THING!" He yelled growing both tired and annoyed with the enemy, every step through the combat it had outsmarted him and completely hidden from him for a very long time. "Sorry it's just...I can't face an unarmed opponent"

ID: 25556

Battle Dice: 8 

Calrex gave a small sigh as he heard Takneil request for his assistance, "Unfortunately that would have to count as a strike against him, but with that last message..."

Drawing his sword he using his <<Sprint>> ability and quickly closed the distance between him and the two fighter. Leaping up his flight path immediately met with the bat's as he cut across the creature with his Grand Blade, completing his jump on the other side with a quick slide, resheathing his blade, "Alright, let's go ahead and finish up this battle and get out of here."

HP List

Takneil: 30/30

Enemies:

Giant Bat: 10/44

The boy could only watch as his friend rushed in and attacked his enemy, he was able to attack it with no hesitation yet all Takneil could do was stand there helplessly. his blade shook once more as he struggled to gain control over himself, he couldn't just let Calrex take this on alone...though he knew the man was very capable but it would show that the boy didn't need to rely on someone always being there to support him.

ID:25879

Battle Die:4

Craft Die:12

Loot Die:10

MOB Die:1

unable to force himself to move Takneil watched uselessly as his friend fought his enemy for him.

ID: 25882

Battle Dice: 8 

Focusing on the enemy in front of him Calrex gave another calming breath as he twirled the Grand Blade into a reverse grip, quickly leaping upwards as he used his <<Acrobatics>> ability to quickly close the distance to the bat once again as he cut it across the abdomen, landing a few paces away from Takneil, "Guess this one's hanging on for dear life. Think you can nail the last shot?"

"He's definitely come some way from the last time I saw him, but under these situations it seems like he might still have some way to go."

HP List

Takneil: 30/30

Enemies:

Giant Bat: 1/44

• 2 weeks later...

ID:27041/5+1=6(Success!)/1/12/8-1=7(Success!).

[QUICK NOTE:When Rolling my internet caused me to roll two extra times for this one so if there is another two times where rolling is necessary I will use those results rather than roll again, Please pardon my mistake.]

Feeling something tear him from the inside out the boy sharply inhales, he knew that attacking an enemy wasn't a hard choice to make in SAO but one that was unarmed is a clear violation of his morals. tightening his fist Takneil shook his head, if he was going to venture further and match Calrex in strength he needed to prove that he could set aside his own morals for the safety of others.

Taking in a deep breath the boy set his eye on the enemy. "I've gotten over myself, sorry for the inconvenience" he stated with a smirk as he dashed forward, with a simple flick of the wrist Takneil casually slashed across the bat causing it to let out a brief shriek as it shattered. turning to face his friend he sighed. "That probably placed a heavy penalty on my case, well I guess it's true what they say...half the battle is the one with yourself." sheathing his sword the boy examined the area the best he could. "so what's next teach?"

Combat Report!

Takneil dealt 4 Damage to MOB 1-Giant Bat.

HP List

Takneil:30/30

Calrex:89/89

Giant Bat:-3/44

Edited by Takneil

As he watched Takneil seem to gather himself together for one last strike Calrex gave a small sigh of relief as he sheathed his Grand Blade, giving a nod ot approval, "Normally I would have to say yes, but it looks like in this case there was been a change of events. I'll explain on the way back to Urbus, but for now let's get out of here and back into the fields."

His <<Reveal>> skill activating once again Calrex led the two back out of the cavernous dungeon and back into the fields of the second floor, giving a calming breath to gather himself before continuing speaking, "Alright then, now that we're kind of in the clear we can speak. I just got a notification sent to the entire guild, and first of all man, I apologize for what has just happened. It looks like our guild leader has officially dissolved Absolute Pin. So...I guess you could say this entire thing could be for naught, but in this case since you were going to be my protege it at least gave me an idea of where you're at both as a player and a person. Since I am no longer a Rook piece, this is merely a question as a friend. Would you still like to have me train you like a mentor would?"

• 2 months later...

nodding to the man's sudden words Takneil followed him out of the cave, what would have been so important that it would halt the initiation? he could sense the uneasiness of the situation...it was thick in the air. "So whats going on?" he asked a little concerned.

'Another Guild?, dissolved...' he thought to himself. clenching his fist the boy took a deep breath, there was no point in asking for a reason, if one was given Calrex would have stated it. "you'd think that people would be taking this more seriously, this is my second guild yet I never got to do anything with them." he explained. shaking his head he sighed. "I'm just done with it, maybe later I'll try but now? no more guilds." he stated. looking to the man he thought over the offer. "At the moment I'm just not sure, I'm going to need some time...when I have the answer I'll send you a message"

not waiting for a response the boy turned and walked towards the city, many thoughts were roaming through his mind but one thing was clear. time would need to be a necessity, not only for an answer but for to straighten out himself.