(PP-F1) Earning a living (Zandra) Complete

Vaan walked into the area of the woman's cart. It said Zandra's la on it so Vaan figured her name must be Zandra. He seen options and stuff that she was making. She must be an Alchemist he thought. He walked up to her and said, "Excuse me miss, but might I ask you if you could teach me to become an alchemist?" Vaan looked her in the eye with respect and waited for a responding answer.

Zandra sat on the chair behind her prtable lab and was brewing a health-potion, she hoped. The sun shined bright on the market. It was full of people at this hour. Suddenly she looked up from her potion-brewing when she herd a voice. There was a young boy standing in front of the cart. He asked her if she could teach him to become an alchemist. She had been learned by a grandmaster, but this was her fourth day and she would already got her own pupil. ''I dont have much experience yet. Have only worked as an alchemist for a few days.'' The boy stood there silent looking at her with respect waiting for an asnwer. ''But if you want I can teach you the basics?''

Vaan listened to Zandra reply on how inexperienced she was. And then she said she could show him the basics. Vaan looked at her and said, I do not care if you are amazing at it or not. You have the potential talent to do it and I would like you to show me how to do it. He rushed his hair out of his face and looked at her. She was right she did not have that many potions to give. She did not really have that much experience

''You never gave me your name?'' She said and then gave him his first task. ''Well then, one of the most important things you need is materials or ingredients. You cant do potion without it, well I guess thats pretty obvious. There is tons of different materials that applies different effects to the potion. At the moment I only brewing health potions. For that you need one red flower per potion. In the forest outside of town there is a mob dropping red flowers. They are called little nepent and looks like 1 and 1/2 meter weird flowers with a big mouth and possibility a flower on the top. As a first task you shall go to the forest and kill two of them to get two flowers. Then come back and I will show you how to brew the potion.'' She waiting for the boy to say somrthing. Would he accept this or go for anyone else. Also, she put on her smile she do to every customer to make them feel comfotable.

Zandra looked at him and replied "You never gave me your name". Vaan looked at her and said, Oh, how rude of me. My name is Vaan pleasure to be an assistant. She told him to go get big red flower from little Nepents in the forest. Vaan thought about the secret medicine of the forest. So he needed to go find materials that was his first thing. He nodded his head and she smiled at him. Vaan smiled back and said, You may come with me if you want to.

''Sure, could be good so you take the right ones Vaan.'' she putted all her tools in the cart and closed the covers on the sides. Then she moved the cart to a corner there it was barely visible. ''Then lets go.'' Zandra headed to the forest with Vaan close behind her. When she arrived to the border she stopped and gazed inside it. ''Last time I was here, some terrible things happened and I dont wanna talk about it. If I lose the control, please forgive me.'' She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, took a few steps and then open her eyes. Since she didnt saw or herd anything she waited for Vaan to follow.

They began to head out and Vaan followed her closely and quietly. She stopped when she had reached the border of the forest. She then told him that last time when she was there she had gone through some terrible things. She told him not to talk about it. Vaan looked at her and said, "Then I guess I will not pursue you on what happened. If you wanted to tell me you would tell me" Then she pretty much told him she might lose it and if she did forgive her. Vaan nodded and began to walk inside. He remembered this place all to well with his little quest. Vaan held his blade ready for action to begin. Last time he came in here a giant spider had came down right here and actually might come again. Vaan got in a open position ready to make any move.

After just ten meters Zabdra fell forward something hitting her in her back. She tried to stand up but something pressed her down into the dirt. A giant spider had jumped down on her from the trees above. The spider stinged Zandra in the back. ''GAAAAHHHH!!!'' Zandra screamed when the sting pierced in the flesh. ''You little!'' First she tried to take forth her dagger to sting back. When she realized she couldnt reached it. ''Kill it Vaan, I will keep it in place!'' when she couldnt reach the dagger she instead grabbed it with both her arms to allow Vaan to hit it.

ID: 16625

BD:2 MD:10

Spider: 8/8

Zandra: 16/19

Vaan: 11/11

Vaan was moving forward knowing the spider was here somewhere. The he heard Zandra scream a scream of agony. The was being attacked by the spider. Vaan let energy fill his blade as her ran getting ready to strike the spider. He struck down with by I'd blade.

ID:16626 BD:7 MD:7

Vaan struck the spider hard on the back causing it to jump off of Zandra. Then it turned on him. Get up Zandra! Vaan faced the spider which attacked him piercing him with its leg. Without armor it actually damaged Vaan.

Vaan 10/11

Zandra 16/19

Spider 6/8

Suddenly the spider jumped off from Zandra, it seemed like Vaans strike hitted the target. When she no longer was pressed down in the mud Zandra draws her dagger and was holding it horisonatally infront of her face. ''Come at it little spider! Or are you afraid now that you have to face me face-to-face!'' When the spider herd what Zandra said it made an furious attack forward. Zandra gracefully dodged the spider and following up with first a quick slash over its legs and then a stab in its back. The spider screamed but was still alive.

ID: 16628

BD:10 Crit 2+2=4 dmg

MD:5 Miss

HP:

Spider: 2/8

Zandra: 16/19

Vaan watched Zandra attack the spider gracefully and dodge it gracefully. Vaan knew that after she attacking was her turn. He grabbed his blade and knew he had to finish the spider before it would get out of hand. It did not seem that either of them had very good gear or was experienced. He charged the spider.

ID:16629 BD:6

Vaan slashed at the Spider making a direct hit with its head. The spider began to glow as it exploded into millions of little blue shards. The shards were everywhere. No. Vaan had to focus. He knew where the Nepents were located. He sheathed his blade and began to move forward. They needed them flowers in their possession.

As soon as the spider died Vaan started to walk deeper inside the forest. Good that the boy are so exited and driven to get the flower. I guess he gonna be an excellent alchemist. She followed him deeper into the forest. They walked for about twenty minutes without seeing a single Nepent. ''Vaan, this is strange. When I was here I saw nepents every fifth minute or so. Something is wrong, i feel it.'' Just when she had finished her line a big gust blowed thru the forest and shaken every trees so and every leaf was shaking. Soon something gonna apeare in front of them, she drew her dagger and gazed all around her to try to spot something unusual.

They walked another twenty minutes or so when Zandra said that something was wrong. Vaan pulled out his blade and then looked up. Do you think something could be up there? Vaan readied his blade. The wind picked up and shook the trees. No little serpents were able to be seen. None in sight. They needed that material. Vaan was ready for anything that may come.

Suddenly it sounded like something huge was coming their way. The sound came from their left. She turned that way and held her dagger prepared to attack what ever gonna get out from the bushes. ''Stay behind me Vaan, this can be ugly.'' the earth was starting to rumble. Branshes breaking. Then, out from the bushes appeared a huge nepent. It was over two meters high, Zandra looked at it with eyes wideopen. ''Oh my god.'' She says and the nepent screamed. A chill went thru her body.

Zandra looked over her shoulder. ''Are you ready Vaan? There is our flower.'' She turned back her concentration on the Nepent.''Youre going down little flower. While Zandra sprinted towards the Nepent she channelled her double slice that have never let her down. Two quick slashes and two red stripes appeared on the creatures front. But when she was gonna jump to the side the nepent stretched out one of its leafs, hitted Zandra in the stomach. ''Oh man, this flower is stonger then the others, Vaan! Look out, this one is double as strong as that spider'' she only hoped that Vaan would hear her warning.

ID: 16644

BD:6 Hit 2+0

MD:8 Hit 2+0

HP:

Zandra: 14/19

Huge nepent: 9/11

Vaan was walking carefully when he heard a sound coming quickly from their left. He seen a huge plant like creature and... the flower. Zandra attacked and health some but the flower dealt just as much in return. Vaan held his blade and moved right at the plant monster.

ID:16655 MD:3

Vaan struck at the plant but ended up missing. The plant seemed ravenous ready to kill anything at any sign of movement. Vaan readied himself to kill the plant.

HP is same as previous post

Zandra saw when Vaan jumped in for a hit. He bravely charged without a second thought. But the sword missed its targte. Zandra knew she must take this down as fast as possible. Hopefully before they dies.

ID:16658

Zandra layed her hand on the nepent and pushed it up against a tree. Then she stabbed it twice just above the joint between the roots and body. The Nepent tried to fight back but Zandra hold it in a tight grip and didnt let it move anywhere.''Now Vaan! it is immobilised, thou I dont know how long I can hold it!''.

ID:16658

BD:7 Hit 2dmg

MD:2 Miss

HP:

Nepent: 7/11

Vaan watched as Zandra attacked the nepent by slamming it into a tree. She stabbed it twice before telling Vaan to attack. Vaan grabbed his blade and it began to charge with energy.

ID:16659 BD:10 4 damage!

Vaan sprinted and then told Zandra to move and he struck the Spider which actually cracked the tree into little bits in certain places. Go Zandra!

Vaan 11/11

Zandra 14/19

Nepent 3/11

When Zandra had jumped to the side to let Vaan make his attack his sword pierced the nepent and the tree behind it cracked. Zandra saw the mob was almost done for it. She had always wanted to try a skill she had felt but never tried in real. She closed her eyes, focused her mind only on the egg on one side of the dagger, When she had the right feeling she opened her eyes. The nepent stood there wounded, she almost felt sorry abo... nope she didnt. Now she just wanted to kill the thing in front of her. She held the dagger in her right hand, lifted it up in to the air, lowered her arm and with all strength she had, she cutted a deep slash from the roots up to the ugly mouth ''DIIEEEEE!!!!'' and splitted it in half. The nepent exploded in a thousand pixels and disapeard. A screen popped up and annonuced she got one red flower and 55 Col.

ID:16665

BD:10 Crit 2+2=4 dmg

MD:3 Miss

LD: 16+1=17(+55 Col)

HP:

Nepent: 0/11-DEAD!

Vaan watched as Zandra attack ked the Nepent and needed up killing it. She got a fair amount of col and the flower. Vaan laughed and said, Wow you wanted that thing dead. Vaan sheathed his sword and began to walk back. They needed to get back to teach him how to make a potion. He began to follow her. She was strong and he himself could tell that.

''Okay, I can say this much: I dont like nepents'' she smiled at Vaan and headed back to the town. Wonder if it was brighter now then before or if it just was because she have got some satisfaction and revench for last time. She even smiled in this forest. They where back behind the walls and arrived at the marketplace. Zandra went to the dark corner where she had placed her portable lab. Pushed it so people could see it that she was back in town. Then she started to prepare all her tools to be able to brew some potion out of the flower. ''To start with, you need to make a powder of the flowerleafs. But only the petals. That you do in this mortar. I have a very cheap and rough mortar so it will take longer time then those that have iron or even dragonstone mortars. Before you start with that pour up some water in a pot and let it start to boil. When the powder is done and the water is boiling, you simply pour down the powder in the pot. Now comes a very boring but important thing, the waiting. Depending on gor how long time it will boil, the outome will be different. Better or worse. When you think it have boiled long time enough you pour it into a bottle, cover the hole with your thumb and shake it. Then let it cool. Give it a shot and tell me when you done. I'll be over there'' during the time she spoke she putted all the tools she talked about on the workbench. Then she pointed at a small cafe about twenty meters away. ''Well, good luck.'' she smiled, turned around on the spot and walked to the cafe with her hair black hair blowing in the wind.