PP - F1 Valor and the Knight (Lowenthal) (Completed)

OOC: Lol! XD

IC:

Calrex gave a nod as he jokingly responded, "A 'fruit whatever' coming right up."

He got to his feet and went over to the bar, ordering something called a Bourbon Highball while getting Lowenthal a blended fruit smoothie. The two drinks came out almost immediately as Calrex paid for them and brought the drinks back, "Alright, here you go. It's some kind of fruit smoothie, so I can't really tell you what's in there."

As he sat back down Calrex took a small swig of his drink, "Hm...so that's what bourbon whiskey tastes like without the alcohol burn. Interesting, combined with the ginger ale and slight hint of lemon makes it kind of refreshing. Kind of like a strangely smokey soda."

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowenthal took a sip of his Fruit Whatever. "Doesn't matter what kind of fruit thingie, as long as it's a shade of red." He said, laughing at his pink froth. He took another swig from his drink. "Man, they got strawberry flavour down pat." Lowenthal set his drink down. "So, what should we talk about? What we ere before, what we want to be?" Lowenthal said, his mood changing. "I haven't even left the first floor yet, and here you are." He said, taking another drink. "A paragon hero clad in blue armor. Teaching the clumsy idiot how to be a hero himself." He said, leaning back in his chair.

As Lowenthal told Calrex that he was a paragon hero he gave a small laugh as he set his glass down, "Well, don't go thinking that. I've never considered myself remotely a hero, although it seems like a lot of people like to think of me that way. I just figured if we're going to make it out of this game we'd be better off in the long run with helping each other get stronger. More people means more numbers against the monsters that litter the floors, meaning less chance of dying."

With that he took his drink, using the trick Azazel taught him as he downed it in mere seconds before setting it back down, "At the most you can say I'm just maximizing the chances of survival."

He gave a friendly smile as he nodded over to Lowenthal, "As for you my speedy companion, I'm guessing from what you said you're aspiring to be a hero?"

Lowenthal looked at Calrex as he explained that he wasn't a hero, even if others called him one. A real superman complex. "Hero or not, you saved me." Lowenthal said, drinking his smoothie. "And yeah." He said sheepishly. "It's common for people to be something that they couldn't ever be in real life, right? I want to be a strong hero, who doesn't run. Not because he's foolish, or because he's brave. But because he knows that he's not scared to die for those who he loves." He looked at his half-full cup and swished the drink around a few times. 

"Heh, You definitely seem to have a strong resolve then. Although I hope it will never come to the point where that is required."

"And definitely be careful with that idea. A hero willing to give away his life to protect his family can also be in line with a martyr. Plus on some level it can also seem selfish, because you don't take into account what would happen to them if you were to die. I used to think that way to some level too, at least before Teayre snapped me out of that mindset."

"But you are right, in the confines of this game we are able to do a lot of the things we normally wouldn't realistically be able to to in the real world. I guess in a way this is a death game, but also a kind of dream vacation right? Except for the threat of dying at every turn."

He put the last sentence in a joking voice to make sure it was light in meaning and not to be taken seriously.

Lowenthal chuckled. "I'm not gonna die." Lowenthal said, smiling. "I've got a lot to protect. And even if I die, I'll just come back and kill the thing that killed me." He said, laughing as he took another drink. He placed his empty cup on the table. "So, tell me about your fiance. If we keep talking about eachother people are gonna start thinking we're an item." Lowenthal said laughing.

"Oh trust me, that's happened to me before. But you're right, let's do that."

"I swear if X showed up right now..."

"Well, as for my fiancee, I actually met her the first day I decided to start training. I was busy contemplating my first move and ended up somehow drawing a gathering of people. She was one of the last people to arrive, but after the meetup's conclusion another fellow player took me and her to do some basic combat training. After that things kind of took off from there."

Calrex put a hand behind his head as he continued speaking, "I'm still kind of surprised how quickly things developed, but I guess since we're all trapped in the game it can kind of contribute to that. In any case we got engaged a little more than a week back."

"Heh, to be honest I think I tend towards the latter? Honestly the idea of finding someone in here didn't even cross my mind until I met her. Originally I was just focused on making it out of here. I guess you could say...I didn't know my type until I met her?"

He felt his cheeks redden slightly at the thought as he took a small swig from the dregs of his drink, "I mean...classifying Teayre as a type though wouldn't even begin to do her justice. I didn't fall for her because of what she looked like or what she is. It was her entirety, her personality, the way she carries herself..."

He gave a calming breath as he felt his blush deepen for a second, "Ahem, in any case if you don't mind me asking do you have someone waiting for you inside or outside of the game? I'd rather not have this turn into a one-sided conversation about Teayre if possible, heh."

Lowenthal looked aside. "Well, i meant my family mostly. Other then Mom, and Sis. A lot of girls don't talk to me." He said, trying to be modest. "Or least the ones I do, find me annoying." He said, referring to the girls back in High School. "But I'm sure your not interested in that. You're asking about my type, aren't you?" Lowenthal asked, with a sly grin.

"Haha, well I guess if you're comfortable sharing that with me feel free too."

Calrex excused himself for a second as he got a refill of his Bourbon Highball before returning and sitting back down, "I mean of course you should keep an eye on your sister and focus on getting out of here, but if you happen to find someone while here it doesn't hurt to give it a shot right?"

"By the way when did this conversation turn into a thing about girl types? I only know from what I've seen and experienced. I'm not really the guy to be talking to about this stuff, because other that what Teayre's shown me and what my previous relationships have put me through I'm a complete and utter newbie at it."

Lowenthal laughed. "Well, my type is kind of. Odd." He admitted. "She's gotta have blonde hair, she's gotta have a sexy accent, and he's gotta be smart as she's sexy." He chuckled, placing a finger on the tip of his nose. "If she's in this game, I'll be surprised. I mean, my luck has been pretty awful when it comes to keeping relationships." He said, sighing.

OOC; Sorry couldn't help it. XD

Upon noticing Lowenthal's little slip in his wording Calrex almost coughed his drink as he gave a laugh, "Sorry...did you just say that 'he' needs to be as smart as she is sexy? I'm sorry, I had no idea please forgive me."

Calrex gave a friendly laugh before letting the little grammar slip slide, "As for that type I'm actually surprised. I haven't seen that many blondes around. There's a lot more of many other hair colors, but only a few do I remember being blonde."

He took another sip of his drink before continuing, "As for your luck I wouldn't worry. It's good to have standards for sure, just as long as you're not setting the bar unrealistically high right?"

Lowenthal could feel his face turn as pink as his smoothie was. "It's, not like that." He glared at Calrex, then laughed at his own slip. "Setting the bar too high? I'm not just gonna fall in love with anyone. I mean, anything else goes. Not like I said, a French accent. Or strawberry blonde hair." He smiled and started to laugh. "Or that it had to be a women." He laughed holding his gut, enjoying his time with his friend.

OOC: Lol that is an idea. Lemme see here... *waits to see*

IC:

Calrex couldn't help but laugh as he shared the time with Lowenthal as he gave a nod, "Of course, you've gotta have that balance right? Too low you regret not setting it high enough. Too high and you regret not bending just a little."

He took another sip of his drink before returning back to talking. "For being usually nervous around people it's good to see that he can have a casual conversation like this. Maybe he's not as socially awkward as he thought."

"In any case I hope...nah, I'm fairly sure you'll find someone soon."

He gave a friendly smile as he took another swig.

"Hm? Bodies of water...you mean like a mini lake of swimming hole? No...not that I know of within the safe zones. The only ones I can recall are usually out in the fields and normally have monsters hanging either around or in the water itself."

Taking note of Lowenthal's smug grin Calrex raised an eyebrow in response, "Don't tell me you're curious if there's any places where you might see some ladies in bikinis are you?"

Maybe it was the mood of the situation, but the assumption made Calrex give another friendly laugh as he took another drink, although the thought of Teayre in a bikini almost made him choke for a second, "I mean if it helps any I know that supposedly there are some hot springs on one of these floors."

"Ha-ha-" Lowenthal struggeled with the word. "Hot springs?!" He basically shouted. "This is perfect! Cause I got a plan. And it's fool proof." He said, a twinkle in his eyes. "I know that there's a quest to get a profession. And I know that one of them is a tailor, and the special thing with the tailor is that," He paused for dramatic effect. "Is that they can make normal clothing. You catching on?" He said, raising an eyebrow, and leaning on the table.

"Haha I can already see where this is going. You're going to make battle swimwear right?"

The plan wasn't exactly the most difficult thing to deduce. After the first question Calrex already had the suspicion in his mind. The following statement just realized it.

"Well, I'm sure that many players would like to partake in swimming in this world, so I can see the business booming for it if you went in that direction. I could definitely use a pair of good swimtrunks as well, since I would rather not go diving into the waters with just my avatar's undergarments."

The thought of Teayre in a swimsuit went through his mind again as a small smile came to his face before he gave a fake cough, "I-In any case if you do decide to do that I hope it goes well...and that no one sees it as having an ulterior motive, if you catch my meaning."