[PP-F2] Off With Her Head! {<<Long Live The Queen>>} (Takneil,Hikoru,Calrex)[Completed]

Takneil taps his fingers on the side of a bench as he awaits his friends, earlier they had decided that they would try and take on a quest on the second floor...that involved combat. going over what they would be doing in his head the boy only grew more anxious. "Okay, they can meet me at the exit. If people see me like this they'll think I'm some creep" he mumbles as he stands from his and quickly makes his way through the crowd. He had roamed around the city long enough to know where the center and the exit were so he could manage getting between the two without loosing direction...for the most part.

Wondering around the streets aimlessly, lost in thought Takneil felt the sun beating down on him. "Curse you! you think in a game they would have made it a bit more comforting!" he roars out causing a couple of players to take a wide circle around him. "OH YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT!" he shouts at the two. noticing the sun was a bit high for the time the boy checks the clock. "AND NOW I'M LATE!" shouting the words as he ran at full speed towards what he believed was the right direction.

Nearly out breath the boy groaned as he leaned against the wall, he may have arrived late with that little stunt but he couldn't stand sitting there anymore. "Are...you guys...ready?"

Hikoru walked to where they were meeting, when he suddenly saw a cloud of dust coming towards him. He stopped for a moment, and soon moved to the side as Tak went speeding past him.

"Must be a new place to meet." He said as he followed quickly. Soon he saw Tak and Cal face to face, and he walked beside the both of them

"As ready as I can ever be, i guess...." He said as he made sure everything as equipped on him, and pet his Plushie for luck on this quest. Maybe this time it would give him some more luck than he had in previous adventures. He could only hope as he chuckled to himself at how much Tak was wore out.

Calrex was waiting at the agreed location that Takneil and Hikoru had picked out, clad in his Grand Chariot armor, "So, the Long Live the Queen quest huh?" As he waited for the two to arrive he crossed his arms as he gathered his thoughts.

"The last time I did this was a very long time ago, back when I was still starting out in SAO. Teayre and I were able to pull this off really easily, so with Tak and Hikoru here it should be a walk in the park compared to before."

As he looked he saw two people making their way towards him, one of them...being a dust cloud? As he watched the cloud disperse he was able to make out the figure of Takneil as he arrived, "Well you're just in time, so no worries, heh."

As Hikrou arrived behind him he nodded, turning to face the two, "Alright, I'm ready as well. This quest should be fairly simple, form what I can recall. All we have to do is locate the wasp queen, take her out, and we'll be done."

He gave a quick tap on his chestplate, "Don't worry about getting attacked, as I'll attract the attention of the enemies. Just focus on the target, and we'll get out of this with no problem at all."

Takneil nodded as he caught his breath. "I figured it would be simple, I mean we have you on our side." he stated truthfully, though he was pretty confident that he could manage to do this one with Hikoru if they really wanted to but having Calrex with them upped their chances drastically plus it gave them time to bond. Clearing his throat The boy opens his mouth only to have his voice replaced by a loud *ding* resonating around him with the familiar words 'Level Up!

Groaning Takneil placed an annoyed hand on his face. "Seriously? I battle nearly six Boars on my own one after another and don't get a single thing beyond some Col. then I manage to catch my breath, Level Up!" he rants, rolling his eyes the boy grumbles some curses under his breath as he exits the city gate. "I give up on understanding the EXP system in this game"

Hikoru nods towards calrex, then sees the Icon above Takneil light up. He listened and laughed at Tak's comments, and patted his back

"Well, I mean, I level up by talking to people.... It happens all the time. It must be my inner Merchant...." He said as he chuckled to himself. "But thats besides the point. Where do we need to go to have this quest done? I wanna fight something!" He said as he twirled his knife "Also, remind me to go to a Blacksmith soon. I need to get a new weapon.... Oh well, guess im stuck with this weapon right now...." He said as he sat down on the ground. Throwing the blade up and down in the air, catching it every time.

As Takneil noticed that had leveled up again Calrex gave a small laugh as he remembered the boy's reaction to the exact same situation when they first met, "Tak don't you remember what I told you? The leveling system in SAO is unique in that it doesn't require to be just fighting or crafting or something specific. As long as you are doing 'something' you will be gaining experience towards a new level."

When Hikoru showed his excitement for the quest as he twirled his knife Calrex gave a nod, "Let's get moving then. The last time I did this quest the wasp nest was just a short distance that way."

He pointed outside the gate in the general direction of where he remembered the next being last time he and Teayre did the quest, "As for your knife Hikoru we can easily get that fixed up. I know a couple of great blacksmiths that could easily get you set up with a new knife."

Since Takneil and Hikoru were ready Calrex nodded as he made sure his Ocean's Defense necklace and Grand Blade sword were equipped before setting out, "If it's still there the main target we're after is the Wasp Queen. We're dealing with oversized wasps here, so look for the biggest of the bunch."

remembering that he himself needed a new weapon Takneil sighed. "I still have this damn default sword, I swear this thing is so off balanced it's going to kill me." he says. "The craftsmanship is low in quality and looks like a five year old had gnawed on the hilt" sighing he scratched his head. "Well I guess it's all I have so it's better than nothing

"I'll probably need a couple of hookups as well once we get back" he states, hopefully this quest wouldn't take to long he wanted to get going on gathering the materials for his weapon. 

stoping dead in his tracks Takneil's eyes widened in terror as Calrex mentioned 'bunch'. "WOAH!...,woah,woah,woah,woah,and woah! Bunch? you mean there are multiple? not just one Wasp?" he panics as he imagines a giant hoard of flying monster constantly stinging him until he shattered. "ugh, I'll do it with you guys but if it's a swarm I am out of there" he exclaims knowing that the statement held no truth, his stubbornness would hold him in place. "Let's get going, I can already feel them crawling on my skin" he grumbles as he begins walking.

Hikoru nodded and started to walk, when Takneil started to complain about it. He smirked and laughed

"Tak, this isn't like you.... You usually fight until you win. Besides, Like Cal said, he can get their attention while we attack them. Its easy! I bet it wont even be that hard!" He said with a smile. He hoped his order for his new weapon would come in soon, because he wanted to test it out and make sure it felt right. He looked at Cal

"So this Howl Ability you learned.... It basically gets the attention of enemies, am I correct?" He asked, trying to figure out how everything was going to work on this quest. But he had a feeling that the three of them together had this one in the bag!

As Takneil expressed his hesitation about dealing with multiple wasps Calrex gave a nod and a small laugh, "Don't worry, I don't plan on engaging a bunch of enemies either. If we do this right we should only have to fight the queen and be done with it. And Hikoru you are correct, the Howl ability allows me to grab the attention of any enemies within range. So while you two wail on it I'll keep the queen focused on me. Her stinger shouldn't be able to easily pierce my armor, even if she gets a strong hit on me."

As the trio walked along Calrex made note of the cave that they were approaching, "Ah, just where it was last time. Alright you two get ready. I'l going to try and draw the queen out, and then we can focus on taking it out. Since I'm here it might have a little more health than usual to compensate, but nothing that we can't handle together."

With that he slowly made his way into the cave, looking around with his <<Reveal>> skill to make sure there were no wasps or other creatures lying in wait for an ambush. As he set his eyes on the queen he gave a small smirk under his helmet as he drew his Grand Blade. Since he was aware of the sound range of his <<Howl>> ability he made sure he had the queen within range before engaging it.

His forearms and shins became surrounded with rapidly spinning light blue aura chains as he flicked the Grand Blade into reverse in his sword arm. As he raised his sword high he impaled it into the ground, his ability activating. A resounding boom could be heard as the aura chains exploded into shards, carrying the sound even further. As the queen picked up on it Calrex gave a nod as he made his way back out of the cave, "Alright you two here it comes. Get ready."

HP List

Calrex: 75/75 (Hate: 3)

Takneil: 21/21 (Hate: 0)

Hikoru: 25/25 (Hate: 0)

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 32/32

Takneil nodded his worries more or less...'calmed', see what even Hikoru didn't know was that he was absolutely terrified of insects. They were gross, smelly, caused his skin to crawl, and mostly made him nauseous. "So you're going to have it on you the entire time, and we'll beat the crap out of it? sounds good lets do it!" he said his vigor temporarily restored for the moment.

listening to the man during the walk, from what it sounded like everything was working out in their favor so far. Takneil had to make sure he kept it that way, drawing his sword the boy took to the side of the cave centering his focus on the battle ahead. Calming his breath the boy awaited.

ID:16873

Battle Die: 8 (Success!)

Craft Die: 8

Loot Die: 9

MOB Die: 7

Takneil kicked off the ground as soon as Calrex exited the cave, setting his eye on the Wasp Queen, he had swallow down bile from the hideousness of the Monster. 'Move now!' he ordered himself, letting the sword skim across the ground the boy crossed the path of the Wasp pivoting his foot at the last second for extra momentum. Swiftly swinging his blade upwards Takneil grinded his teeth as slashed through it's body leaving a glowing, crescent shaped mark behind, 'Wait...I actually dealt damage on the first hit?' he exclaims to himself but quickly shakes his head, he had to keep his wits about him. Jumping back from the creature Takneil nodded towards the Was Queen "Hikoru, Now!"

COMBAT REPORT!

~Takneil dealt 2 Damage to MOB 1-Wasp Queen.

HP LIST

Players:

Takneil: 21/21 (Hate: 0)

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 30/32

Hikoru watched the Wasp Queen and Calrex exit from the cave, And Takneil was the first to react. He attacked the wasp queen with full force, and landed a decent blow. He yelled for him to go, and he unsheathed his knife, nodding at Takneil

"I'm on it!" He said as he quickly sprinted for the Wasp Queen

ID: 16879

BD: 4

Hikoru launched himself at the Wasp Queen, but missed his mark and landed beside it on the ground.

BREAKDOWN

Hikoru rolled 0, fail! No damage to Wasp Queen

:HP LIST:

Calrex: 75/75 HP (Hate: 3)

Takneil: 21/21 HP (Hate: 0)

Hikoru: 25/25 HP (Hate: 0)

:Enemy:

Wasp Queen: 30/32 HP

ID: 16888

Battle Dice: 4

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

As Takneil and Hikoru took their turns attacking Calrex made sure the queen was still focused on him. To his relief the queen's eyes were fixed on him, even as Takneil dealt a shallow blow to it. The queen then flew over to Calrex and tried to sting it with it's stinger, but he easily avoided it by weaving back and forth. As he did he kept the Grand Blade tracking its position.

As an opening presented itself Calrex leapt up and tried to slash the queen, but with its wings still fully intact, unlike before, it managed to easily shift back and avoid the blow. "Alright you guys give it another shot! I've still got its attention!"

HP List

Takneil: 21/21 (Hate: 1)

Enemies:

The boy examined the others as they fought the monster, though they both missed he learned from the way the monster move and how to predict it's future movements. readying his blade once more Takneil waited for Calrex to finish his attack, following his orders he swiftly rushed towards the Wasp Queen once again, eager to cause more damage. Following the creature he shifted his body to the side preparing to leap after it an attack.

ID:17024

Battle Die:1 (Critical Failure!)

Craft Die:4

Loot Die:17

MOB Die:2 (Failure!)

Acknowledging that the Wasp was far beyond his reach Takneil skidded across the ground switching his footing into a more defensive stance as he raised his sword to block any incoming attack that might come at him. "It's too far to hit, Hikoru...Step off of me!" he calls out lowering to the ground on one knee and lurching forward for his ally.

COMBAT REPORT!

~Takneil failed to deal Damage to MOB 1-Wasp Queen.

HP LIST

Players:

Calrex: 75/75 (Hate: 3)

Takneil: 21/21 (Hate: 1)

Hikoru: 25/25 (Hate: 0)

Enemies:

Hikoru got up and decided it was time to finally start to hit this thing. He charged for it, quickly and quietly hoping he would land this attack

ID: 17125

BD: 3+1 Savvy=4

Hikoru swiped at the queen, but missed once again. He grit his teeth and got up, backing to his teammates.

BREAKDOWN

Hikoru rolled 3, +1 Savvy=4 Miss! No damage to Wasp Queen

Calrex: 75/75 HP (Hate: 3)

Takneil: 21/21 HP (Hate: 1)

:ENEMY LIST:

Wasp Queen: 30/32 HP

ID: 17240

Battle Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

As his two teammates to their turns taking a shot at the queen Calrex made sure it was still fixed on attacking him. THis proved to be successful when the queen launched her stinger at him. Calrex quickly leaned to the side as the stinger barely grazed his armor. This caused the Grand Chariot's Thorns ability to activate, surrounding the struck area with light blue aura chains before exploding, sending shards at the queen. At the same time he flicked the Grand Blade into reverse as he used his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly run up the wall behind the queen before kicking off.

As he sailed through the air he quickly forced himself into a 360 rotation as he closed in. As he got into striking range Calrex unleashed a series of slashes before impaling the queen in the wing. After doing so he flipped the Grand Blade so that the main edge was pointing down, using his weight to rip a tear into the wing as he rode it down to the ground, much like the pirates one would ride their sails down with a dagger.

As he hit the ground he nodded to Takneil and Hikoru, "Alright, that should make it more difficult for her to move around. Go for it guys!"

HP List

Calrex: 74/75 HP (Hate: 5)

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 19/32 HP (+1 Thorns)

Groaning in annoyance as Hikoru ignored his boost, Takneil twirled the blade in his hand burrowing his gaze into the Wasp Queen he kicks off the ground. 'Let's see if I can't get it this time...he thinks to himself as he approaches the monster, if everything went well the Queen's slashed wing would make it harder for her to dodge him, raising his blade Takneil prepared for a strike.

ID:17281

Battle Die:2 (Failure!)

Craft Die:12

Loot Die:2

MOB Die:4

The boy watched as the sword drove forward lunging for the Queen, he had it aligned perfectly there would be no way he could miss. Stopping in mid attack Takneil lurched forward and dropped his weapon. Grasping his head the boy gasped in pain as a numbness swept over him. 'No...not now!' he screamed internally. falling to his knee's he leaned forward taking in calming breaths in an attempt to keep it at bay. 'I'm sorry guyshe apologized in his mind.

COMBAT REPORT!

HP LIST

Players:

Calrex: 75/75 HP (Hate: 5)

Enemies:

Hikoru initiated his Poker face, and soon the emotion left his face entirely. He no longer felt fear, no longer felt pain. He knew they would beat this queen one way or another, and Tak would get what he needed to complete this quest. He grit his teeth and quickly sprinted forward, making his way for the Queen once more

ID: 17301

BD: 4

Hikoru made his way to the Queen Bee, but it moved too quickly and he missed his mark. He sighed and came back to Tak

"Dude, I missed...." He said in a very monotone voice, no emotion in his tone whatsoever

BREAKDOWN

Hikoru rolled a 4, Miss! No damage to Queen Bee

ID: 17307

Battle Dice: 5

Mob Dice: 2

Calrex made note of both Takneil and Hikoru as they personalities seemed to shift slightly, "I'll need to ask them about that later. I'm aware of the 'numbness' that Tak was referring to, but Hikoru as well? Maybe they have a lot more in common that I thought..."

He gave a long deep calming breath as he rushed forward again, flicking the Grand Blade into a icepick grip as he saw the queen thrust its stinger at him again. He easily knocked it to the side as it came, but as he did the queen flew forward, easily avoiding the follow up attack that he was about to throw. He made note of the change in attack pattern as he leapt back, "Alrighty, give it another shot guys. Let's keep up the pressure."

HP List

Calrex: 75/75 (Hate: 5)

Takneil: 21/21 (Hate: 1)

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 19/32

Takneil let out a moan of pain as the 'numbness' creeped through him, forcing himself to stand he groggily picked up his sword. "I...can do it" he stated as a way to anchor himself down. He couldn't allow himself to be useless, he couldn't allow himself to be taken over..., he couldn't fear himself. ignoring the 'numbness' the boy struggled to remain as he was. "Not much longer...I can help end it" he groans weakly.

ID:17309

Battle Die:2

Craft Die:8

Loot Die:10

MOB Die:6

falling to the ground once more Takneil sticks his blade down into the dirt so he ends up on his knees, it seemed like he couldn't breathe. 'This is bad...

COMBAT REPORT!

HP LIST

Players:

Enemies:

Wasp Queen: 19/32 HP

• 2 weeks later...

Hikoru grit his teeth as he got up once more. He knew this would be a hard fight, but he knew that Calrex would be able to take all the hits, because of the Hate. He breathed in deeply, slowly calming his racing heart, and charged for the Queen Bee once more

ID: 18484

BD: 9

Hikoru slashed with his weapon Back-Biter, and took damage to the queen bee. He smiled as a gash was left on the queen bee, and Paralysis took affect, Making it so the Queen couldn't move

"NOW GUYS! SHE'S UNABLE TO MOVE!" He screamed, making sure they both knew.

BREAKDOWN

Hikoru rolled a 9, MEGA SUCESS! 1+1 Blade Knowlege+ 1 Damage+ 1= 4 Damage to Queen Bee and Paralysis to Queen Bee

Hikoru: 25/25 HP (Hate: 2)

Queen Bee: 15/32 HP - 4 Health (Paralysis)