PP - F3 Minotaurs, How Quickly They Fall (Skylar) (Completed)

Calrex gave a calming sigh as he leaned against the gate out into the fields on the third floor. He was wearing his Grand Gauntlets with the Ocean's Defense around his neck. However, since he wasn't out in the fields he opted to wait on donning his Grand Chariot armor, figuring it would be really quick to make the switch if need be.

"Let's see...from what I remember I'm supposed to meet Skylar here, saying he was interesting in testing how far each of us have come with our <<Martial Arts>> skill training."

He raised his right arm up, looking at the deep-sea blue gauntlet as he gave a joking smile, "Well I can't really say I've come very far, but definitely more than before."

With that he crossed his arms once again and awaited the arrival of his companion.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skylar jogged behind Rutta trying to catch up. The Leopard caught the scent of Calrex and was taking him. Normally Skylar would have been at the meeting place but his tendency to admire nature backfired, and had him a bit lost. When Rutta found the way to go he started running, and Skylar could barely keep up with the overgrown cat.

Up ahead he saw Calrex waiting and double checked his gear. Rose Quartz was strapped to his back as usual and he was already wearing his Garnet Gauntlets, so he was pretty much good to go.

"Hey Calrex!" He yelled as he slowed down to stop in front of his ally. Rutta was already at Calrex's feet rubbing his side against him. Skylar took note that Calrex had a pair of gauntlets too, similar to his own except in color. "How have you been?"

Calrex looked down to see a familiar face rubbing his leg with his side, "Rutta?"

As he looked over he saw the familiar face of Skylar, "Skylar, it's been forever! I've been well, and how about yourself?"

His eyes scanned to see that the martial artist had upgraded his equipment from the last time he had seen him, "So he's been getting stronger too. That's good to see."

Of course, since his teammate was a self-proclaimed martial artist, and followed the same route with gaining the <<Martial Arts>> skill he was outfitted with a pair of gauntlets as well. Of course, it appeared that there was a unique item strapped to his back as well.

"So you said something about us going and knocking some minotaurs around? Sounds like a fun time, heh."

As Calrex got up off the wall he quickly swiped through his menu, donning his deep-sea blue full body armor, the Grand Chariot, "I'm ready when you are."

Skylar admired the armor a bit before answer Calrex's question.

"I have been well. Busy trying to upgrade my gear, so my skills are a bit rusty but otherwise fine." Skylar stretched and whistled for Rutta.

"Now the Minotaur's are here in the forest. They are pretty big but not that smart, and really more on smell then vision. So don't think if it cannot see you it will not hit you. I guess you are ready so follow me." Skylar turned his back and walked into the misty forest. "Stay close as to not get separated from each other."

Skylar walked until the mist became really thick. There was a snorting type sound coming from the right. "Hear that? Our first Minotaur. You can have the first hit, I will move in after you."

Small Minotaur Stats

50/50 HP

2 base damage

+1 Poison damage on a hit that is an even number

((OOC: After your next post I will RP as the Minotaur. I will use the LD to determine who to attack))

OOC: Heh, you don't have to worry about that. I'll use Howl to have it lock on me. Hate system FTW!

IC:

Calrex gave a nod as he followed behind Skylar through the forest, "I'm actually partially familiar with this forest. Sometime back I did a quest in this forest to find an item called the Hoya of Minos."

As they continued walking he let eyes relax, his <<Reveal>> skill activating. Even though the mist was thick, he was able to see further than before due to his skill's ability to make most objects that can be used for cover partially transparent. There was no way a creature was going to get the jump on them with his skill active.

When Skylar directed him towards the first minotaur Calrex gave a nod, "Don't worry about the first hit. I've been doing some training as a tank player, so I'll grab its attention. Get ready to wail on it."

With that he quickly leapt out in front of the minotaur as the light blue aura chains appeared around his arms and legs, spiraling like crazy. He gave a small calming breath before slamming his fists together, activating his <<Howl>> skill at the same time. As the technique activated the chains exploded with a resounding boom around him, the resulting sound wave grabbing the minotaur's attention. With that Calrex gave a nod to Skylar as he went into his fighting stance, "Alright, let's see what you've got."

HP List

Skylar: 31/31 (Hate: 0)

Calrex: 73/73 (Hate: 3)

Enemies:

Small Minotaur: 50/50

OOC: Never used it before but it seems easy enough.

IC:

Calrex was on a whole different level. The mist did not seem to bother him at all and he was nice enough to draw the beast's attention.

Skylar took the chance and ran straight at it. He pulled his fist back and went in for a straight punch. The Minotaur was not expecting an attack and got a snout full of fist. Skylar's <<Martial Arts>> Skills are on point. Pretty soon he can update and get some new ones.

The Minotaur stumbled back from the sudden assault.

Skylar turned his back on the creature. Not a smart choice but he was excited. "Your turn Cal!"

Results:

16713 10 4 18 9

+2 with the base to Minotaur

HP List

Enemies:

Small Minotaur: 43/50

The Minotaur was not as stunned as it seemed. It stood up on it's hooves and snorted. The Minotaur then moved in for a charge. Not towards Skylar who slipped slightly backing away but towards Calrex

Maybe it knew who was stronger or generally did not like Calrex. The way it moved was as if it had an instinctive hatred towards Calrex.

The Minotaur lowered it's head so the horns pointed outwards, then raised it's arms to prevent Calrex from moving out the way. Apparently Minotaur's in the game may not be that stupid.

Results

16714    9 1 2 9

It is coming at Calrex with 3 damage

HP List

Enemies:

OOC: Lol it is. Don't forget you get a +2 Hate from that critical XD. Also I have +1 to Evasion, but it's a crit so it doesn't matter this time XP

ID: 16718

Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +1) = 3

As the attack came Calrex crossed his arms, feeling the impact of the strike hit into him. Luckily, his Grand Chariot armor managed to cushion most of the damage, only leaving a little bit for him to endure. He gave a calming exhale as he recovered himself, raising his fists as Skylar switched out. He rushed forward, leaping up as he aimed for the creature's snout. It looked like he was about to hit, but then suddenly the minotaur turned its head out of the way, easily dodging his blow.

Calrex landed and did a quick back handspring to get some space between him and the creature, "Alright Skylar go for it! Switch!"

HP List

Skyler: 31/31 (Hate: 2)

Calrex: 72/73 (Hate: 3) (+4 Mitigation)

Enemies:

OOC: So Do I get hate for each attack I make?

Skylar was already in motion as Calrex spoke. Calrex did not seem bothered by the attack at all. Skylar knew an attack like that would drop his HP in a heartbeat. Still Skylar leaped before the Minotaur even fully turned around, he raised his leg up before dropping it like a war hammer. The attack hit in between the horns. The thick skull stopped it from being heavy damage but the creature could still feel it. The Minotaur was ready for an attack.

Results

16721    7 8 7 5

HP List

Skylar: 31/31 (Hate: 3)

Enemies:

Small Minotaur: 38/50

ID:  16722  

Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion -1)= 5

The Minotaur swiped it's big bulbous fist at Calrex. It honestly seemed as if Skylar did not exist to the thing. The Minotaur was apparently not smart as the tail got stuck in a branch and pulled it off balance. It fell before it could even touch Calrex.

HP List

Enemies:

OOC: Yep, 1 per regular hit and 2 per critical. I think they go into detail in the Skills guide. Basically the enemy attacks whoever has the most Hate.

IC:

ID: 16723

Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +1) = 3

As the minotaur fell Calrex tried to take advantage as he rushed forward. As he leapt up he prepared to drop down with a crushing punch from above, but as he did the minotaur quickly recovered, rolling to the side as his fist came down. With the creature on its feet again he leapt back, putting about ten to fifteen paces between before nodding to Skylar, "Alright, Switch!"

"This thing is definitely not a pushover. Even with both of us attacking it the monster is fairly swift. Nothing like the minotaurs I faced in the quest."

HP List

Calrex: 72/73 (Hate: 3)

Enemies:

ID: 16724

BD: 6 (familiar help +1)= 7

Skylar vaguely wondered if they were actually fighting the same Minotaur. Maybe because it was not paying much attention to him hitting it was easy. It was paying a lot of attention to Calrex and it easily dodged him. Still Skylar rushed forward when Calrex spoke and pressed a palm into the Minotaur's chest. He planted a foot squarely in the ground before reaching up with his other hand and turning. Skylar used the Minotaur's momentum to execute an overhead shoulder throw. The Minotaur crashed into the ground in front of Skylar.

"Sure we are fighting the same thing?"

HP List

Skylar: 31/31 (Hate: 4)

Enemies:

Small Minotaur: 33/50

ID: 16726

MD: 9

Skylar should not talk about going unnoticed. The beast got up to glare at him this time. Skylar barely moved his shield when the fist came flying. Rose Quartz made a loud twang as the impact sent Skylar flying. The Minotaur did some damage and moved to hit again. Electricity seemed to have arced along the path of the Minotaur as it stopped moving.

"Calrex now! While it is temporarily paralyzed!"

HP List

Skylar: 28/31 (Hate: 4)

Enemies:

Small Minotaur: 33/50

ID: 16727

Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +1) = 7

As Skylar was knocked back by the strike Calrex rushed in, seeing the flash of electricity, "I guess Skylar's shield must have a Paralyze effect added to it. That's definitely going to come in handy!"

As he quickly closed the distance to the stunned minotaur he used his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly accelerate before leaping. His fist slammed into the minotaur's neck before he quickly kicked off, landing some distance back with a quick slide, "You alright there? It looks like it lost it's attention on me for a second. I'll fix that in a second."

With that he squared his stance, the spiraling chains around his forearms and shins returning as he prepared to use his <<Howl>> skill again. (Will use next post)

HP List

Calrex: 72/73 (Hate: 4)

Enemies:

Small Minotaur: 27/50

ID: 16728

BD: 9

"Yeah, I am alive!" Skylar stood shakily. Glad as can be that he decided to get a shield to help him out.  He moved forward while the beast was still unable to move. He grabbed the bottom of the horns and brought his knees up. Normally it would be a dangerous move on something that has teeth. This time it was perfect as it caused a lot of damage. The Minotaur's health was below half, so it could get hurt.

HP List

Skylar: 28/31 (Hate: 6)

Calrex: 72/73 (Hate: 4)

Enemies:

Small Minotaur: 21/50

As Skylar rushed back in Calrex gave a nod as he slammed his fists together again, the metallic ringing echoing as the aura chains erupted from their positions, adding to the sound as his <<Howl>> skill activated once again, "Come on, keep your attention on my pal..."

The explosive sound ripped towards the minotaur as Calrex assumed his fighting stance once again, preparing for its next attack, "Skylar's gotten a lot of good hits so far. If I keep the creature's attention on me he should be able to keep going without worry."

HP List

Calrex: 72/73 (Hate: 7)

Enemies:

Small Minotaur: 21/50

ID: 16730  BD: 8

As soon as the sound wave hit the Minotaur Skylar was moving for another hit. He got close enough in case the Minotaur was playing possum to grab him and swept his leg under. Having the Minotaur fall on it's back. Skylar moved back to let Calrex go in next.

HP List

Skylar: 28/31 (Hate: 7)

Enemies:

Small Minotaur: 16/50

ID: 16733

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +1) = 2

As the minotaur charged at him Calrex gave a calming breath as he lowered his stance. As the horns came into striking range he quickly leapt forward, using them to vault over behind the minotaur. He did a quick flip as he soared overhead before landing on the ground, turning so that he could keep his eyes on the creature. Unfortunately, his dodging maneuver didn't leave him any opening to strike, "Alright, switch!"

HP List

Skylar: 28/31 (Hate: 7)

Enemies:

Small Minotaur: 16/50