PP - F3 Minotaurs, How Quickly They Fall (Skylar) (Completed)

ID: 16737

BD: 10

Skylar barely had time to react. Calrex said switch but the Minotaur never stopped running. Skylar turned and hunched as if to become a ball and stuck his leg backwards. The timing was perfect! The Minotaur reached forward to grab him unbalancing the beast. Skylar's leg hit the front of the unbalanced Minotaur tripping him further. Skylar reached behind him without turning and grabbed the arm that reached for him. He spun on his heel to increase the momentum of the beast. The increased momentum caused the Minotaur to swing forward as if it was slingshot-ted. It crashed into a couple of trees and a rock. The move dropped the HP bar lower and into the red. "Come on Calrex you can at least finish it off."

HP List

Skylar: 28/31 (Hate: 9)

Calrex: 72/73 (Hate: 7)

Enemies:

Small Minotaur: 9/50

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 16739

Mob Dice: 8

The Minotaur got up as if it never got hurt and charged again. The rage in his eyes was unmistakable and Skylar was starting to get tired. It rushed to impale him for the first time. Instead of the usual trample that is. Skylar raised his shield and was flung back a little. As the shield got most of the impact. The beast bellowed as the thorns scratched it in the face.

HP List

Skylar: 26/31 (Hate: 9)

Enemies:

Small Minotaur: 7/50

ID: 16740

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +1) = 2 (Another 1?!)

As Skylar endured another hit from the minotaur Calrex immediately responded as he rushed forward, attempting to strike. Unfortunately due to the minotaur's flailing he was unable to find an opening to attack, stuck weaving back and forth as he dodged blow upon blow. Even if it was focused on Skylar, it wasn't making it any easier for Calrex to attack, "Gh! Dang I can't find an opening! Skylar, you're up!"

He leapt back as he gave a calming breath, keeping his eyes on the creature in front of him, "It'll only take two more hits at most to finish this thing off. I've gotta at least be able to pull that off."

HP List

Skylar: 26/31 (Hate: 9)

Enemies:

Small Minotaur: 7/50

ID: 16742

BD: 7

Calrex seemed like a really strong guy. Just not capable of aiming that well. He seemed like a leader then someone born to attack.

"I am on it!" Skylar was still respectful enough to show Calrex some respect. Enough if he was doubting his fighting ability.

Skylar did a straight punch at the Minotaur that was moving to stand. It was not as strong as some of the other hits Skylar made but it was enough to put it at about one or two health..

HP List

Skylar: 26/31 (Hate: 10)

Enemies:

Small Minotaur: 2/50

ID: 16743

MD: 4

The Minotaur feebly tried to swipe at Skylar who was standing right by it. The excessive hits caused too much damage for it too aim correctly. It missed by a mile before standing and pawing the ground.

HP List

Enemies:

ID: 16744

Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +1) = 4 (TT_TT)

As Skylar rushed in and scored another hit Calrex gave a nod of approval, although he gave a small sigh, "Man I'm really falling behind here. It's been a while since I've had this much trouble scoring a hit. Maybe Oikawa was right and I need to focus more on accuracy. At least that way I'll get more hits, even though it won't be for as much."

When he saw his time came up he rushed forward, leaping up as he flipped, attempting a axe kick on the minotaur. As he got close the minotaur leaned back, the strike coming within inches of connecting, but ended up still being a miss. He gave a calming breath as he leapt back, "Alright Skylar, take care of it. Heh, it looks like I'll need to make up for this flop with the next one. This is kind of embarrassing."

He put a hand behind his head apologetically as he gave a nervous smirk under his helmet.

HP List

Enemies:

ID: 16745

BD: 2 (Familiar Bonus 1)= 3

Skylar was pretty much too tired to handle it. He moved for a half hearted punch that the Minotaur side stepped pretty easily. Why not let Calrex have the last shot, Maybe Skylar can see him do some type of cool finishing move. Like burst into flames! Even if that was impossible in this game. Unless it was a sword type move thing that could start a fire. Maybe the armor works as a handicap.

Skylar felt a sudden sadness to think that Calrex was holding back this entire time just to let him feel important. Then again it does not really seem like Calrex's style. Skylar was more likely to make someone feel important, instead of boosting their skills. 

HP List

Enemies:

ID: 16750

MD: 6

The Minotaur went for a killer punch on Skylar. It was mad and it wanted to kill the one that caused it the most pain. Skylar was the unfortunate victim. As the fist came down to clobber Skylar something fun happen. The hit did hit Skylar but the Minotaur already had low HP. So when it did hit, the Thorns on Rose Quartz dropped the HP to zero. The Minotaur looked around funnily as it burst into Data.

"Well that was fun." Skylar flexed his muscles and checked for damage. He was a bit sore but not anything that could not heal. Then again everything could heal. This is a video game. "Want to check for the loot?"

HP List

Enemies:

Small Minotaur: 0/50

As Calrex was preparing to rush in the minotaur suddenly engaged Skylar, but at the same time had activated the Thorns ability of his shield, which ended up eliminating it. As this happened Calrex gave a sigh that expressed both relief and a slight bit of disappointment, "Yeah, definitely interesting. Sorry about that man, I was completely useless in that fight other than occasionally drawing its attention."

"As a higher level player something like that should be a cakewalk, but for some reason I couldn't score more than a single hit on it. It might be I'm not used to fighting organic creatures, or that I haven't gotten accustomed to their attack patterns just yet. I'll definitely need to work on that."

ID: 16756

Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +2) = 13 (Bonus Loot Found)

Loot List:

1 Material

Bonus Loot: 250 col (Mob Health 50 * 5)

As Calrex checked the loot list he saw that along with the usual material there was some extra col in there. Since Skylar had done pretty much all of the work he passed the items over to him, "Here, you can take this one. I'll make up for it in the next fight."

His voice sounded calm, as he usually was as he looked around again using his <<Reveal>> skill, "Doesn't look like there's any enemies in close proximity at the moment, at least in terms of lying in wait for an ambush."

Skylar accepted the extra Col. He would have preferred to Material but why complain. He was happy to just hang with Calrex and kick monster butt nothing else mattered as much. In a small way hanging out with a friend are too made up for loosing his family to be here. He would have let Calrex keep it all if it meant to just be friends.

Skylar looked up to see Calrex looking around for something. Most likely another Minotaur. Skylar was tired as it was and wondered if he should ask Calrex if they could slow down. It was getting darker and the mist was getting heavy. Surviving here at night would be impossible for him. Calrex could probably do it but Skylar had to get stronger first.

Rutta came over and coiled around Skylar's feet while it's master contemplated.

As he continued checking around Calrex made note of the passage of time as it seemed to become darker within the forest, "Hm...it seems to getting darker. Skylar you still feeling up for fighting one more or do you feel we should head back. I can do either, but I wouldn't suggest we stay out much later. Stronger monsters and possibly PKers will be roaming around fairly soon to my knowledge."

He turned to face his teammate as he kept his arms at his sides.

Skylar thought about that choice for a second. The sun was setting and he was tired. He was about to suggest to Calrex they call it a day at least for today. Then again he hasn't had a good chat in a while with Calrex so why not just talk. "So what have you been up too?" The sun was not too low so they could talk for a bit.

As Skylar decided to start up a conversation Calrex gave a nod as he went over to a nearby oversized root, taking a seat on it, "Well, I've been pretty busy running here. Of course I've got the new gear of course, plus..."

He pointed up to his status bar, showing the indicator for his guild, Absolute Pin, "I've somehow become a council member for a new guild, along with another friend Ariel and my fiancee Teayre. With the Brigade's disappearance and all, this guild is supposedly going to fill the power gap that they had left behind."

With that he gave a nod, looking over at his teammate, "How about you? You've certainly also gotten an upgrade from the last time I've seen you, heh."

"Well I have not been to busy. I got some new gear based off a t.v show I watched in real life. It was a pretty funny show and..... Wait! Did you say engage!" Skylar was not sure if he should be impressed or jealous that Calrex got engaged. Yeah Calrex is a cool guy and all but who would want to marry him? No scratch that a lot of people would. Still he viewed Calrex as a brother and hope whoever she is would be good enough for him.

"When? How? Who? Why?" The questions where a big jumble in his head. He had to sit on the floor and catch a breather to think about this revelation.

As he watched Skylar's reaction to his news Calrec ouldn't help but give a laugh, "I guess I said that a lot calmer than I should have huh?"

He smiled underneath his helmet as he nodded before starting, "Well the person's name is Teayre. She was a player that starting out adventuring about the same time that I did. In fact. our first few outings were together as a team. I still can't explain how it all happened so quickly, because literally the same night we ended up realizing our feelings for each other and became a couple. After that it kind of just grew from there. I proposed to her fairly recently, and, well, as you can tell she said yes."

As he spoke he felt his cheeks redden, hidden by his helmet, but it was easily to tell that he spoke fondly of Teayre, "In any case we're still getting the actual even planned and everything planned, so it will still be some time before it happens. But nonetheless I have no regrets at all, heh."

"And why do I feel like I just make a bunch of fondue with that cheesiness?"

With that he put a hand behind his head, "Sorry for all of the sappiness of that. In any case enough about me. How has your adventuring been? Found anyone of similar interest?"

Skylar could easily tell Calrex was trying to shift the attention away from himself. "Well I was more surprised. Not that you said it calmly." Skylar thought a little before deciding to take one last jibe at the guy. "Make sure I get an invite to the wedding. I do love a good party. Heck I can even plan the reception!"

Skylar beamed at the thought of throwing a wedding party and started to make a mental list of what would already be needed.

Skylar decided to switch the subject. He has seen enough people in the real world to know how blushing can raise someone's blood pressure. Even if it was a game that was no reason not to look after someone's health.

"No not really. I have had a crush here and there but not someone I could really connect with." Skylar has no problem being truthful, he just will not mention who the crushes were. "So I have been keeping to myself as more of a solo player. At least until I can find the right partner for me."

"Heh, sounds like a good plan to me. Go ahead and take your time, there's never a reason to rush into these kind of things...well...I guess I can't really talk can I, heh."

As He took note of Skylar's interest in the wedding he gave a smile and nodded, "Well of course you will! As for the planning I'll need to check with Teayre to see if she's ok with it, because we're still deciding where we are going to have it in the first place."

With that Calrex figured they should probably steer the conversation away from love interests and more back onto the subject of their adventures, "So have you been on any interesting trips as of late? I've probably got a bunch, but I'd like to hear some from the player trying to grand master the Martial Arts skill."

"Hhhhhm" Skylar honestly had to think about it. As of late this has been the first outing he has been on that he could think of.

"Well I have been collecting supplies on the snow floor. Fighting Lizard Runners, The entire Boar family, plants, and deadly insects. Not all on the same floor of course." Skylar stopped speaking for a moment and got held up in his recollections.

Skylar continued after a bit. "Still all the monsters I face, have faced, and will faced. I will use my Martial Arts to beat. I am also going for the <<Athletics Skill>> and the <<Sprint and Acrobatics>> Skill. I have a long way to go but it will be fun"

"What are you planning? Are you going to be in the next boss battle?"

"Athletics and Sprint and Acrobatics are both really useful skills. I've actually gotten both and they have both contributed a lot to me being alive right now."

As he listened to Skylar speak about his adventures and plans for skills Calrex gave a nod. Skylar seemed to have gone through a lot as well, and seems to be fairly smart in terms of his selection of skills. It gave him some relief knowing that his friend had a good head in his shoulders.

"As for the next boss battle...well...it'll depend when that actually get unlocked, heh. I hope by that time I'll be strong enough to participate and hopefully speed up our escape from here, but of course I'm not going to get in over my head. For now though, I'm going to take things at my own pace and not try to go at a faster pace."

"Well" Skylar thought a bit before answering "I think you can handle it. I plan on fighting on the front lines soon.... Or maybe after I get a bit stronger."

Skylar scowled slightly. It was hard to admit but Skylar wanted to be as strong as he could as soon as possible. When you are stronger people give more respect and admiration. It would be cool if he could open his own guild or something one day. Being alone often gets boring.

"I thought they would be valuable. I want to build a good skill base before growing the ones I have It is getting late guess we should leave soon."