[OP-F1] Chance Encounters(PM for Invite)

Walking through the streets of the starting city, Shuyin found himself gazing up into the night sky. "I wonder what time it is in the real world" he thought to himself. As he approached the inn where he had taken up residence since logging into the game, he didn't yet feel like hanging it up for the night quite yet. Deciding to take a seat on a bench, he looked around and began to people watch for a bit. Observing a male and female couple walking down the street hand in hand, he wondered about the dynamics of the relationship. Did they know each other out side the game, or were they complete strangers who had developed a relationship within the game. Although he knew it happened a lot, Shuyin didn't understand why anyone would want to build a relationship with someone, romantic or otherwise, in this place. After all it was a death game and the chances of dieing here were high. Was the comfort of having someone that you were close to worth the risk of having to watch that person die he wondered? For him not a chance.

Even though he knew he didn't want to get close to anyone, he still couldn't help feeling at least a little bit lonely. Taking notice of the tavern located across the street from the inn, Shuyin contemplating going in. Although he had been staying in the inn for awhile now, he had ventured into the tavern only once and it consisted of him sitting at a table in the back corner and making judgements about the players around him. Sitting where he was now though he wanted things to go differently. Deciding to seize the moment, Shuyin stood up and walked across the street into the tavern. Now inside, he took a look around before approach the bar and taking a seat at one of the many open bar stools.

Zandra was running thru the streets of town of beginning. From time to time she looked over her shoulder to see if her follower was still chasing her. She couldnt see anyone of them, but she herd their voice screaming at her. She turned right into an alley. Her black cloak fluttered behind her. She controlled her hood to be sure it still shaded her face so it wouldnt be possible to identify her. She controlled her inventory that she got the right item. Yes, there it is. She turned left. They was gainning on her and she started to be exhausted. She couldnt keep this speed up for much longer. When she came out on a street full of players she stopped. She desperatly looked for a place to hide. Then she saw a tavern. It was hopefully full of people. She went inside. When she had closed the door she checked the big room. She walked straigth to the bar.''A beer.'' she said to the bartender. At the same time she opened her inventory and unequipped the cloak and equipped her casual clothes. It would probably draw less attention then a black cloak. After all, the chasing-group havent seen her face due to the hood and the cloak covered her clothes and hair. When she sat there in her casual clothes she took a deep breath of relief. Then she saw she sat beside a boy with grey hair.

As Shuyin sat at the bar sipping on the ale he had ordered, he had given up almost all hope on finding a half decent player to socialize with. On one side of the tavern he had noticed a large group of players who seemed to be carrying on and having a good time but do to Shuyin's nature he didn't feel comfortable approaching such a large amount of strangers. Other then those players the tavern was pretty much empty besides a few onesie's and twosie's scattered about at different tables, none of whom seemed to be in a very social mood.

Downing the last of his ale, Shuyin was just preparing to leave when a mysterious stranger walked into the tavern drawing his attention. The players faced concealed by a cloak, he wondered why the person was attempting to hide their face. As the player approached the bar he watched as they unequipped their cloak and changed into more casual attire placing an order with the bartender as they did. Her face no longer concealed by the cloak he tried hard to not make it overly obvious that he was watching her. Seeing her take a deep breath, he took advantage of the situation to start up a conversation. "Long day?" he asked the player as he turned to face her.

''What! This boy asked if I had a long day? Why would she wonder that? Probably hes just beeing polite. Ive herd several introduction phrases like that. Well, it probably would looked better if it looks like I would have been here for awhile.'' Zandra quickly mumbled when looking suspisously at the boy. The boy could barely hear was she was mumbling about. Suddenly Zandra straightened up, putted on a smile and looked more relaxed.''Well, not longer then usual. Have just been strolling around a little when I saw this tavern.'' thou her red cheeks and deep breathing exposed her, she have done something much more exhausting then strolling.''So I decided to walk in and check it out. Havent been here before. What about you? Have you had a long day? Do you oft...'' the bartender gives Zandra her beer.''Thank you mister.''Zandra says to the bartender after turning her head back at the boy.''Excuse me, was jsut gonna thank for the beer. Well, Im Zandra Zvift but you can call me just Zandra. Are you often coming here?''

Shuyin was happy to see the player smile before answering his question about her day. Although he found it odd that she said she had been merely strolling around outside when it was obvious she had just engaged in some form of vigorous activity. As he continued to listen to the player speak she was momentarily cut off by the bartender delivering her drink. Watching as she thanked the man for the beer, he was impressed with her politeness. Turning back around to face him he listened to the player introduce herself as Zandra and then ask him if he came to the tavern often. Pausing for a moment before answering he replied "The name is Seto Shuyin, but you can call me Shuyin and I've been living in the inn across the street but it's only my second time in here."

"So you have only been here once before? Well its one more time then me. Actually some taverns scares me. Bu this one is pre..." Zandra stopped talking when suddenly the door opens. Zandra threw a quick glanze at it and what she saw wasnt nice. There stood two of her chasers. Her heart beat that just had gotten back to normal, suddenly rose. How could they have found her here. Zandra started to panic. She quikly searched the room with her eyes to find an escape route. Then she remembered the boy and got an idea."Sorry where was I? oh right, this tavern is actually pretty nice. Or maybe its the company I met here that makes me feel so." she smiles at the boy and shaked her head so her long black hair was fluttering from the wind coming in from the open door.

Listening to Zandra talk, she suddenly cut herself off when the door opened and two players walked into the tavern. Watching Zandra closely he noticed her quickly looking around the room for something before she finally calmed down. Listening to her as she began to speak again, Shuyin began to immediately feel a bit awkward in the situation. Judging by the new tone in her voice and the way she was shaking her hair out in the wind, it seemed as if she had begun to flirt with him. Although flattered, Shuyin was suspicious that there might be more going on then what seemed to be. Pointing to the two players who had walked into the tavern he asked her "Do you know those players?" Although trying to hide the fact that he was suspicious of the situation, he studied her face carefully for any sign of a hidden reaction to the question. 

"Well, I dont know these people. Thou we have met once."she says to the boy with one eye on the two mens."But I beg you please, you said you lived accross the street. Is it okay you can get me there? We can talk more there." she opened the top button on her blouse and moved a little closer to him.

Caught off guard by the forwardness of the player, Shuyin couldn't help but look down at the players chest for a moment. "Snap out of it Seto, she is clearly just trying to use you" he thought to himself. "Although your feminine charm may work on most guys, it's not going to get you want you want from me.... I'm not sure what type of trouble you have gotten yourself into, but if you want my help it's going to cost you more then a pretty smile." Looking over at the men who had walked into the tavern, it was clear that they weren't here to be customers. "I'll help you get out of here and allow you to hide out in my room at the inn. In exchange it's going to cost you 50 col and an explanation once we get to safety. If your interested in the deal go ahead and transfer me the money. After that I'll create a distraction long enough for you to get out of here unseen, we will meet up across the street and I'll take you up to my room."

''Wait what? You think I was flirting with you?''her smile disapeared and she looked at the boy if both her eyes.''I did it so those two men over there was thinking I did. I dont know how old you are but Im not realy into boys. You see Im in need for help and you use it against me to get money? If you want those 50 Col, I decide the diversion.''she opens up her screen and sent 50 Col to the boy called Shuyin. Suddenly she stood up, took the beer, wet eyes and shouted.''THAT WAS THE WORST,''tears started to roll on her cheeks. ''YOU THINK IM GONNA DO THAT WITH YOU?'' she threw the beer that was left in her glas startight into his face.''YOU LITTLE BRAT!'' she rushed out of the tavern with her face covered in her hands and sobbing. The two men looked at her but had no idea she was the one they where chasing. She closed the door with a cloud bang. When on the street she stopped cry and looked around. Luckily for her the street was empty. She opened up her inventory and equipped her black cloak again and pull over the hood to cover her face with a dark shadow. She walked across the streets and hided in the shadows.

-50 Col

Sitting there completely stunned by what had just occurred, Shuyin looked over at the bartender and asked for a towel. Wiping the beer off his face he looked around the room to at least see if the distraction had worked. Although he didn't see Zandra anywhere, he was getting a lot of dirty looks from everyone in the room. "Just great" he thought to himself "Now everyone in here thinks I'm a pervert, I guess this will be the last time I come to this place."  Hopping down off the bar stool, Shuyin walked over to the door, all the awhile trying to avoid eye contact with everyone in the bar.

Out onto the streets, Shuyin quickly looked behind to make sure no one had followed him out of the bar. Crossing the street he was surprised when he didn't see Zandra on the other side waiting for him. "Had he really pissed her off that much that she had just decided to leave?" Although he could see that as a possibility, she had paid him and in addition didn't really seem like she had to many places to go. "No" he thought to himself "She must be around here somewhere." Peering into the shadows around the building, he made out a dark figure, its head being covered by a cloak. "We will talk about what just happened once we get into my room. For now follow me so we can get off the streets." As Shuyin turned away from the shadow he knew to be Zandra, he quickly entered the inn and walked up to his room.

Jomei sat at the far end of the  bar in the tavern, sipping on a pretty poor excuse for an ale. 

"Maybe its just the type o'I ordered.. or maybe its just this game.. Eh.." he thought to himself.

With that he shrugged and took another sip. After that he heard the door open, and he turned around to see a woman quickly walk through the door and change into her casual clothes. Her face was flustered. He wanted to go up to ask if everything was okay, but figured he should keep his distance. She sat down not too far away from him, next to a gray haired boy. 

Before he knew it, the woman stood up. Screaming at the gray haired boy. Jomei choked on some of his ale he was sipping out of the time because it startled him. He just watched as the exchange went down, and as the girl walked out with the boy following not long after.

​"I don't know what that was about.. but it sounded like she wanted to get away from him.. and if she's following him."

He downed his ale and turned to the bartender with a smile

"Thank ya' kindly, sir"

He span in his stool and hurried out the door to find the two who exited before him, hoping no harm would come to the girl.

((Edited because the last one didn't match my Virtues/Flaws))

Edited by Jomei

Zandra wasnt surprised when Shuyin knew she was there. When he walked inside she headed to follow him. Just when she was gonna close the door the street got bright when the taverndoor opened. For a second she paniced, was her two chasers in some way recognize her, or worse, they think Shuyin is the thief."Oh no Zandra, what have you done." But only a single man exits the building. Thou she could only see his sillouett so she quickly closed the door just in case."I should probably look over this boy. Yes, Im gonna guard over him to make sure those mens dont bother him."she quikly whispered to herself. Then she turned around a went followed the boy to his room.

Jomei watched as the two entered the inn. He waited a minute before following through the door. Once he entered, he was welcomed by the NPC behind the desk.

"Damn, he already brought her upstairs.."

When no one was looking, he ran up the stairs. He figured he would recognize the girls voice if she screamed in any case, so he slowly walked down the hallways, listening for anything suspicious

Entering into his room, he made sure he herd the door shut behind him before turning to face Zandra. "Just what do you think you were doing back there!" Shuyin said in a frantic voice. "I know I might of been a little bit of a jerk trying to charge you for my help and all, but now everyone in that tavern thinks I'm a pervert, plus you threw your drink on me!" Pacing around the room Shuyin felt himself beginning to calm down. Not waiting for the girl to reply to his rant, he began to speak once again, this time in a much calmer voice. "So who were those guys back there anyway? Are you in some type of trouble?" Taking on seat on his bed, he waited for Zandra to reply.

Zandra entered the room after the boy, he closed the door and sat down on the bed. Zandra decided to stay at the door standing, to be prepared if the mens would be able to get in into the room. Thou she changed to her casual clothes. Anything would be rude when the boy showed such hospitality.''Im sorry Shuyin, I dont know what flew into my mind. Sometimes I just lose it and do things without thinking. Im so sorry I ruined your reputation in that tavern, I realy am.''she looked at the boy with sad eyes, not to try to seduce him, but she was actually sad for what she had done to him.''I have much experience from the real world how it feels to have people thinking about you in ways that you actually are not.''she suddenly took a few steps forward and sat down on the bed beside the boy.''Sorry Shuyin for the things I did to you.''she grabbed his hands in hers and started death serious into his eyes.''I can tell you what this is all about, but noone can know this. NONE! Thats my only claim to let you know what Im gonna tell you.''she didnt even wink, just sat there waiting for the boy to decide if he would tell anyone or not.

Caught a little bit off guard when Zandra walked over to the bed and sat down next to him. He was put at ease when she seemed to be showing a serious demeanr. Listening to her apologize caused Shuyin to calm down even further. "It's alright" he said "I didn't have plans to go back there again anyway." Feeling her hand grab his, he decided that after their rocky start that he wouldn't fight it. After all, she did seem to be sincere. Thinking over her proposition Shuyin new he didn't have anyone to tell even if he wanted to. That being said he still thought about whether he wanted to know the information that was about to be presented to him. "Maybe it's better if I don't get involved" he thought to himself. "No, I've already come this far I might as well hear her out" he decided. "You have my word that I won't tell anyone, now what's this all about?" he asked.

Jomei quietly walked around the hallway full of doors to the inn. He had no idea which door the two had entered, but he had a general idea of where. As he slowly approached the group of doors he thought they may haven't entered, he crouched down towards the ground.
I really hate to eavesdrop on people. He thought, Its incredibly rude of me... but if that girl is in any sort of danger.. I can't let anything happen.

He took a deep of a breath as he could, and leaned in towards the door he believed they had entered. He placed his ear against the door softly, hoping to be able to hear through to the other side. 

He thought to himself, â€‹I don't know either of these people.. why am I even doing this? as he pushed slightly off the door. He shook his head and placed his head back down. â€‹No, I've already gotten this far, ill make sure to protect her from him. I don't want to see that ever happen again...

((If you want me to roll for stealth, to see if I can hear you, or if Im even at the right door, let me know and ill do it.))

Zandra sat on the bed and observed him closely. She tried to find any sign that he was lying. She hoped she not gonna find anything. When she had observed him for like two minutes she decided he was honest. She looked away and started talking."It all started in Sweden five years ago. It was the same day I graduated. I almost never weared any fancy clothes. I was a loner and they bullied me for anything. The first and only time I used make up and fancier clothes compared to my regular ones. A girl said I looked even uglier then usual. Then I never used fancy clothes again. Until the graduation day. That day, my mom had bougth a expensive white dress. On the morning I spent more then an hour infront of the mirror to get the make up right. When I was done and had put on the dress mum looked at me and said I looked beutiful. On my way to school a saw one the worst bullier. I tried to run away but they have already seen me. When they catched up to me they pushed me down on the grass. When I laid on the ground they kicked up dirt I my face and on the dress. Two of them pulled me up and third guy punched me in the stomach. Then he ripped my dress at the chest so everyone could see my brah. He also took up a handful of dirt and pressed in my face. I tried to get away from them but the boys held my arms too tight. When we reached the school the third boy shouted to draw everyones attantio. Thats where the boys let of me and pushed me forward. I stood there a few moments stunned before turned around and ran home."she looked up at him to see his reactio, but continued before he could say something."An hour ago I was walking at the fields outside the wall. Then I saw three lvl two guys fighting a boar. When I got closer I recognized them. I ran forth killing the boar with stab of my dagger. When they saw who I was they rushed at me all at the same time. I unequiped my dagger and started to punsh them until all of the healthbars had went down to red. Then I pushed them away from me, taking the three materials they had gathered and ran back to the town. They followed me and was also gaining on me. After half an hour I saw a tavern, walked in and sat down beside a greyhaired boy. You know the rest." Zandra opened her inventory, took out some water and drank it all. Then she turned her head to the boy to see his reaction.

-1 Water