PP - F8 Relaxing in Koko Village (Clarence) (Completed)

"Huh...this place seems pretty nice. It's not exactly the same feeling as Florenthia, but nonetheless it is relaxing."

Calrex gave a relaxing sigh as he walked through the gates into one of the various settlements on the eighth floor, Koko Village. Compared to the treetop settlement of Florenthia, Koko Village was devoid of any treacherous waters containing monsters below. In fact, the settlement was at the base of the trees and was lit up with fireflies at this time of night.

As he stepped through the gates Calrex made a few swipes on his menu, changing out his deep-sea blue armor, the Grand Chariot, to his casual combat clothing. On the back of his hip within its sheath was the Grand Blade, his one handed straight sword that was also a deep sea blue. It seemed like a strange interpretation of a navy cutlass, as it someone had straightened out the blade and sharpened the spine about two thirds down, leaving the last third closest to the hilt unsharpened.

Around his neck was a necklace holding a small glass ball with what looked to be a miniature ocean inside, the Ocean's Defense. With another swipe of his menu this necklace disappeared as a pair of gauntlets matching the same color as the armor and sword surrounded his forearms, the Grand Gauntlets.

He went over to a nearby bench that was carved out of the tree's root itself, sitting down, "I'll just hang out here for a bit to catch my breath, then I'll see what to do next."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarence was in love with this city at night. This being his second favorite floor, he slightly regrets not putting his shop up here when he became an alchemist, even though we weren't even able to get up to this floor then.

I wonder what I should do today on this floor? I have no idea really but just the picture of this floor at night just puts me in a good mood. }

Clarence, after chatting with some of his friends and finishing some late grinding, changed out of his armor and into his casual clothes. Instead of his padded brown and black leather armor chest plate, Clarence puts on a white button shirt and a nice, form fitting, button jacket on. Clarence attached the metal clasp around his neck of his green necklace that the gem shines bright, bringing out his purple eyes. His leather gauntlets were taken off and his combat sheath was replaced by a simple black sheath.

To complete his outfit, his boots were taken off and replaced with simple black shoes, and his pants, that used to be leather armor, now black pants.

Clarence sighed and climbed up a nearby tree, something he likes to do just to relax. { Just me, the moon, and rela- } His thoughts of relaxation were cut off by a man sitting on a bench under him.

"Well Hi there." Clarence said with a tired smile to the guy under him, hopefully startling him.

"Well Hi there."

"Hm?"

Calrex looked up as he heard someone speak to him from above, seeing another player hanging out in the tree above where he had sat down, "Oh, hello, sorry I didn't see you there."

"Huh, I thought that the Reveal and Night Vision skill made it pretty much incapable of being ambushed. I guess it really is as people say: the two places people never look are above and right below where they are."

He got to his feet turning to face the player above, "Well, it's looking to be a nice night. Is it a good view from up there?"

"I guess he might have the Sprint and Acrobatics skill as well if he was able to get up there. It's not exactly the most easily accessible part of the tree, even in this giant forest themed floor."

"Oh you are fine, almost feel asleep up here actually." Clarence smiled again and stood up, the moonlight making his eyes gleam.

Clarence crouched and gave the boy under him a quick assessment, a good fighter that is for sure, the way he stands and how confident really shows.

"The view from up here is really amazing, but watch out, jumping down." Clarence warned as he brushed some branches away, getting ready to take a slightly risky jump out of a tree. 

{ Geronimo } Clarence thought as he hoped up and barreled through the trees. Clarence landed right in front of the man and gave a warm look at the player, the jump not really phasing him at all.

Calrex's eyes followed as he watched the player drop from his viewing spot, landing a couple of paces in front of him. Feeling it was necessary to do something in light of the display Calrex gave a couple of claps as he put on a friendly smile, "Nice job sticking the landing."

With that he relaxed his standing position as he put his hands into his jacket pockets, "I'm Calrex by the way, nice to meet you. You're probably the first new person I've ever met on this floor. I guess not many people frequent this floor for some reason."

His eyes scanned the player in front of him, seeing that he was of about the same level as himself as he made a note to himself, "I wonder if he's one of the frontliners. I only just recently got to this level, but if he was fighting raid bosses in the past maybe there's some information I could ask him to prepare myself."

"Why thank you." Clarence blushed brightly but tried to play it off naturally, blushing happened to Clarence so much. He brushed some branches and leaves off of his clothes and shoulders and looked back up at the man in front of him, identifying himself as Calrex.

Clarence looked at the boy and said. "Nice to meet yah Calrex, I'm Clarence. I love this floor so much, surprised why other people don't visit it that much, probably because everyone wants to check out the new floors that have opened, when Floor 11 is being worked on as we speak."

Clarence saw Calrex giving him a look up and down, and assessment that he also did while he was still in the tree.

Calrex made note of Clarence's blush and he gave a friendly smile, "Huh...I guess he is a fairly honest character. People that don't blush tend to be more likely having something to hide. It's a good quality."

"Please to meet you Clarence. Yeah, I'm curious to see what the new floor brings. I just hope it's nothing too treacherous. As for this floor I can agree. The forest theme is really done well on this floor. It kind of reminds one of those elven hideouts in some fantasy games and stories."

He gave a quick look around the area, making note of the various fireflies flying around that were giving off a soft glow wherever they landed. It seemed like early nighttime. Around now the monsters would start to become more dangerous, and the chance of PKers wandering around would be more likely than during the day.

"Hm...I could try and make my way back to Florenthia, but from what I remember there's also a teleportation circle somewhere nearby this village. I can probably take my time getting there."

"So in any case how has SAO been treating you so far?"

Clarence looked around the floor behind Calrex and just took in the scenery. The fireflies and the slight background music that flowed through this floor was captivating to Clarence. 

I hope I'm not holding up this man in what he needed to do, well he was just sitting on a bench when I found him, I think it will be fine }

"I loved playing fantasy games, I guess the fun gets taken out of it when you are thrown into one yourself." Clarence smiles lightly at his comment and he looks at Calrex.

"SAO has been treating me pretty okay. I haven't really grind-ed or trained a lot so my skills are pretty low for what level I am at. Other than that set back I've been pretty okay to say the least. How about you Calrex? How has this game fared for you? Any lucky lady in your life? Sorry I'm very nosy when it comes to new people." Clarence smiled and blushed lightly again.

"A lucky lady?"

As the words left Clarence's mouth Calrex's eyes widened for a second as his thoughts of Teayre overtook his mind for a second. His cheeks tinged red as he felt a smile come across his face, "Actually...yeah there is. No it's perfectly alright. I'm...actually engaged at the moment to an amazing lady."

He put a hand behind his head as he gave a friendly smile, "I met her when I first started adventuring in SAO, and things just kind of took off from there. But let's go ahead and avoid this turning into me gawking on about her."

After speaking he looked over at Clarence, "As for everything else things have been getting busy on my end. I've become a council member of a friend's new guild, plus the engagement, plus I think I'm now strong enough to hopefully take part in the floor raids now. Hopefully I can help speed up our escape from this game."

With that he decided to bring it back, "So, since you're asked how about you? Anyone special in your life that you've met in or out of this game?"

"Oh, you are engaged? Congratulations! I know we have only know each other for like 3 minutes but you are really lucky. Hope you guys have a fabulous wedding, had to help plan one for my Miaki once." Clarence smiles and congratulates Calrex on his announcement.

Clarence noticed the light blush fading away from the Man's face and that made Clarence smile more. Love, it does those kinds of things to people and Clarence never really understood it at all.

He listened along to Calrex talking about his days in SAO and he almost didn't catch Calrex asking if he had a special someone in his life. The idea of Piers flooded his mind and he involuntarily smiled. "I guess you could say I kind of do. His name is Piers and he loves to play hard to get, which is cute at times but now its just dragging on. But I am hopelessly in love with that man." Clarence blushes brightly at the end of that.

In an effort to limit his blushing, Clarence decides to change the topic. "Speaking of floor raids, I was in the one to get to this floor, atleast I'm pretty sure that was one. It was a rush and pretty challenging to say the least."

"You helped plan a wedding? Wow you must have an amazing sense of organization then. Heh, I'm kind of horrible in those things. I guess right now the only thing I can really keep always planned out is my battle tactics."

He put a hand behind his head in open embarrassment as he spoke. It was true to some level. While he was good at planning out what to say and how to say it, things of the romantic sort didn't really come natural to him all the time.

"Although with Teayre it seems natural. I guess that's kind of her influence on me. I can't help but be a little more romantic with her, even if it's not something I usually do."

As Calrex listened to Clarence speak about his crush on another player Piers he gave a friendly smile and nod of approval.

"So he's in love with a...huh, I think this is the first time I've met a player like that. Nonetheless it seems like he really thinks fondly of this player Piers. I hope he recognizes Clarence's feelings and reciprocates them."

"Well nonetheless I wish you the best in that venture. It seems like you care about him a lot, so I hope he recognizes that emotion. If there is a wedding be sure to invite me alright?"

He gave a friendly smile as he listened to Clarence speak about the raids, "Huh, that's amazing! I'm hoping to be useful, should I get into the next one. Was there anything in particular that you remember needing to be aware of, at least in comparison to the usual battles within the floors?"

"Don't worry I will, you better invite me to at least something." Clarence smiles and agrees to Calrex's proposition. "And the wedding, it was extremely annoying because of how many floors and ideas we could use and do. Glad to have done it though, good experience."

"Thanks, I thought it was amazing, but I was so nervous about people dying, luckily that one no one did. You could definitely help, they had like two level sevens last boss battle that... didn't make it. I don't know for sure of what you need to know. Just, the boss could be anything and well, it always changes shape and has many different techniques and attacks, be prepared for Area attacks." Clarence gave Calrex a run down on some essentials.

"So, tell me about this guild you are apart of? My guild I was previously in got disbanded and I've kind of been a lone wolf in that sense for a while, could you possibly point me in the right direction of a guild? Maybe even the one you are in."

Clarence asked and thought to himself. { I wonder if he ever heard of Azure Brigade before... Probably not, it has been gone for a while and, well, Keith is no longer with us....

"You're previous guild? Wait, disbanded...don't tell me...you would have happened to have been a part of the Azure Brigade? My fiancee and I were a part of it a few days before it suddenly disappeared."

"Teayre and I were a part of it briefly before the guild mysteriously ejected all of the members. I wonder what happened."

"Well if you're interested in the guild I'm a part of the name of it is Absolute Pin. It was founded by Ariel, who was a former Brigadier, and runs on a council similar to how the Azure Brigade did. We don't have a base of operations at the moment, but if you want feel free to express your interest and we can easily see if you'll fit in. Going from what I can tell and of your player stats you would make a pretty good fit for the guild, but of course I need to give the other council members input."

"Oh my god! I was in Azure too! When it got disbanded, I never got a clear answer as to why it was done in the first place. Oh! I remember being told we have a few new people, but before I could introduce myself we got cut from the guild list. I think with Keith... dying... we kind of fell a part." Clarence frowns lightly, mourning his friend who has only been gone a short time period.

"Your guild sounds nice, maybe I could apply there? I understand that barely anyone there would know me at all. But it would be worth checking out and possibly joining. A nice word would be appreciated." Clarence laughs a little and smiles at his last comment.

"How is Ariel? I barely knew the girl but she seemed so sweet."

"Yeah, I wish I got to know Keith before I heard about that happening. I met his fiancee Kiru some time back, as well as Zelrius, but they seemed adamant in thinking that Keith might be somewhere still alive. I'd like to hope the same, because my good friend Oikawa thought of him as a mentor."

With that Calrex decided to address Clarence's inquiry about the guild, "If you want to apply I'm sure we'd be happy to have you. Don't worry about not knowing many people there. We, well, I personally, try to recruit players of good character, so I hope that the people there are welcoming and not elitist or anything like that. We're all trying to get out of here, so I figure it'd be better for all of us in the long if we got cooperated. I'll be sure to put a good word in for you though."

"As for Ariel, she seems to be doing better than before. She took the Brigade's disappearance pretty hard, so it's nice to see that she's back to her usual self."

"God I miss him, and Zelrius, and even Kiru, even thought I never really knew her at all. I recognize Oikawa, I'm pretty sure he as at a Christmas party I was at once." Clarence smiles at the recalling of some of his friends, even though some are gone, they are still great memories.

"I would really like to apply, being around people I can trust would be great, and a group I can work with to get out of this hell would be even better. Azure, around the beginning, really tried recruiting and we got a lot of people, but we started to trickle away to now, we are gone with the leader. I bet this guild will have a much better outcome than Azure. Also, I've heard rumors on Floor 11 and up, guild housing and houses are available to buy."

Clarence smiled brightly and listen to the topic of Ariel.

"Good to know she is getting better, I feel we are all working out the guild's ending on our own, I was best friends with creators and now I think I'm one of the three left.." Clarence started to trail off and was getting slightly depressed, something that has developed as the days have gone on.

Calrex made note of the change in Clarence's mood as he began to speak about the Azure Brigade, "Well, I'm sure that you were close with them, so it really must have been hard. I'm sure it's probably going to take some time, but I hope you get some comfort in Absolute Pin, should the council accept you. I have a couple of people I would consider friends as members of it, and they're good people. Hopefully this one doesn't meet a similar end."

As Clarence made mention of the guild and player housing possibility happening on the next floor Calrex gave a nod, "Yeah, Teayre and I were thinking about getting a house once it become available, although I'm sure that the two of us would like to have it on the fourth floor if possible."

"Awwww you two are adorable, even though I haven't met the other half." Clarence blushed and gushed over Calrex how he really loves Teayre. 

I really hope I can have a relationships like Calrex and Teayre with Me and Piers, but I haven't heard from him in a while, I hope he hasn't moved on, or worse.... } Clarence shook the thoughts away quickly and put on a fake smile for Calrex, trying to portray a false sense of happiness.

"I bet your guild will love me, I mean I'm great and all." Clarence said in a snobby tone before laughing a bit. "Kidding, but in all honesty I do hope to get in your guild."

Clarence yawned lightly and caught a lightning bug on his finger and smiled, looking at the little bug. { Even though we are trapped here, this game really does have beauty in itself. Sanctuary but hell }

As Clarence complimented on his relationship with Teayre Calrex's face flushed in response, "H-Heh, thanks. I really should introduce you two. She's an amazing person, although a little bit of a firecracker in terms of personality. Nonetheless it's an endearing trait and I wouldn't change it for a second."

When his companion cracked a joke about the guild loving him Calrex gave a laugh in response, "Heh, with that attitude I'm sure they will!"

After speaking Calrex satched one of the fireflies land on Clarence's finger, giving a friendly smile, "Guess these little things more friendly than I thought. They really pulled out all the stops in terms of a fantasy realm in here. It's going to be a little bit sad once we get out of here and back to reality. I can see a lot of people getting addicted to the hyper-realism of SAO."

Clarence smiled at Calrex's flushed face with the compliment he gave him. "I know a few 'firecrackers' myself, nothing a little getting used to can't fix. But I hope you two have a great time together, if I could finally convince Piers then my life would be so much simpler." Clarence laughed a little and blushed at his last comment.

"I hope you are right about the guild."

The lady bug flew away after a bit of us just thinking and watching it. "Hey, have you ever met someone names Mari, Daeron, or Lessa? Couple of friends I met a while ago. Mari was little out of it, Daeron is a good friend with a bad background and Lessa is a girl who I met at a Christmas party Kiru was hosting."