PP - F8 Relaxing in Koko Village (Clarence) (Completed)

"Hm...both Mari and Daeron I have met before, although I know a little more about Mari because of my unofficial profession. I collect materials for shops, and she's one of the people that is one of my 'clients' I heard from a friend that she's killed a lot more people than before, although as to what reason I do not know. She is still one of the strongest players in SAO and is assisting in the floor raid. As for Daeron I've only met him once or twice for a brief time, but I guess after whatever happened before I saw him the second time really messed with him. He almost killed himself as a result. I haven't seen him since, but I hope that he's doing better than before."

Calrex's memories went back to that night, when he happened upon Oske, Xanatos, Ariel and Daeron after whatever ordeal they had gone through. Back then he was still really weak, and that spoke levels when he tried to talk to them. It was like he wasn't even there. Now he could probably stand next to them as equals.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to bog down on the mood with this stuff, but to answer your question I'm familiar with both of them, although not enough that I could call them friends unfortunately."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ah, I only met Mari in the forest once, she was not the nicest person and we got into a fight but I feel we got to an understanding, even if I did not really help with her current standards, I am glad she is in a better place than she was previously. Daeron, we were such good friends... then I witnessed him kill a person right in front of me. I recorded what happened and had a council meeting with different guilds talking about how he is a nuisance and must be at least contained. After god knows how long we finally met again and patched things up, I was not always green, when I first joined the game I didn't really have the best of time starting but I changed for the better, I believe that is what Daeron is trying to do and I'm trying to help him if I can." Clarence takes a deep breath and sighs, talking more than he thought he was going to.

Calrex apologized for bringing it up to begin with and Clarence smiled and waved it off. "It is fine. Thinking about memories is fun, haven't really got out much." Clarence sighed, contempt. 

Calrex nodded understandingly as Clarence dismissed his concern, "Alright then."

As he replayed Clarence's statement in his head he recalled a couple of points that stood out for him, "You said that were not always green, I'm assuming then that at some point in your past you became a PKer, then took the Redemption quest right?"

"I'm sure he had his reasons for doing so, but it seems like he's changed from whatever he had been through in the past. I wouldn't have even thought of him being a PKer."

"In any case, I won't push you to speak on the subject. I hope that Mari and Daeron are doing the same as you. Even with what's happened I like to think that they're still decent people if they're working to get out of here."

With that he decided to redirect the conversation, "In any case you said you haven't gotten out much? I'm guessing you've just been hanging out in the safe zones for a while then?"

"Yeah, it was a simple quest that really got me thinking and changed me to a better path of life, something I would enjoy more, only a few people know I used to be orange, strange how long ago that was, almost forgot about it." Clarence shrugs and smiles at Calrex, understanding the topic should really be changed.

"Thank you for not pushing, don't really like to talk about it that much." Clarence sighed slightly and it looked like he deflated slightly.

"Mostly Safe Zones, keeping to myself really, don't have many talkative friends left. Except for Zelrius, that arrogant guy is literally my best friend in this game, wouldn't trade him for anything. What about you? I have a feeling you get out enough to actually have a social life,"

"Heh, yeah, I do, although sometimes I feel like it's more and I actually would prefer. Being Mr. Popular means less time with my fiancee, but she's also busy with council work, so the both of us work hard to try and make time for each other. Hopefully getting that house will help to remedy that to some level. I hope that eventually the two of us can take some time off of fighting and just relax for a few days there. But for now, well, it's really the equivalent of the grind right?"

"I can only think of maybe one person I wouldn't mind seeing less of, even though I rarely see them anyway, but I won't let give that thought the time of day."

"Well I'm glad you still have some friends around. It seems like it would be a rough ordeal to have to go through this game alone."

"My first boyfriend, his name was Sakuri. Before his passing, we tried to be around each other as much as we could. We got close fast and it was amazing while it lasted, even though he is gone, I still have those memories." Clarence smiled and remember Sakuri, today was a day of memories and remembering and meeting someone new and it made Clarence very happy.

The lightning bugs slowly flew past and it seemed as though they multiplied in number and they glowed all around, pulsing and making Clarence's eyes shine brightly in the bug's light.

"So, I do hope I'm not keeping you from anything, would not want to hold you up from doing anything." Clarence quickly said, hoping not to be a bother to this man he met only a little bit ago.

"Huh? Oh no no no! Not at all. There's nothing really going on for me today. I figured to come visit this floor since I don't normally do so. Most of my time is on the first, second, and fourth floors. So really, I've pretty much all the time in the world to chat."

As the fireflies flew around Calrex felt a smile come on his face at the sight. The faint yellow light gave a new feel to the forest, a sense of mystery and beauty at the same time. "I really should take Teayre here sometime. I know she loves the fourth floor, but each one has it's own sense of beauty...well...except for the tenth floor. There's something rather eerie about that floor's theme."

"It's good that your first relationship ended on such good terms, and that you think on those memories fondly. I've been through a couple of relationships before meeting Teayre, and they didn't end so well. But it's all stuff in my past at this point, and I'm happy that I've gotten the strength to move past it."

He gave a friendly smile as he adjusted his hands in his jacket pockets, "I just hope that the strength will help also get us out of here."

"Okay, if at all I'm getting annoying or holding you up in any way just be like 'Clarence you need to stop' and be on your Meier way." Clarence smiled at that comment but was completely serious, he hated holding people up and had some social anxiety when meeting new people, not bad, just that it is almost always there in the back of his mind like Hey HEY HEY!!!

"Sorry to hear your past relationships ended so badly, hopefully things turn around with Teayre and all, I think they will and they should." Clarence gave a nice gesture in a comment to the guy in front of him.

"Soooo, what did you say you were doing on this floor today? I came here to relax after grinding a little bit and that spot in the tree is my favorite spot here, you can see a wide area around."

"Thanks, yeah I can't honestly look back on them without at least at some point being disgusted by how they progressed, but I'm thankful for the lessons they taught me, as messed up as it was, heh."

Calrex nodded as he answered Clarence's second question. "Hm...well I guess I really just came to kind of wander around. Outside of Florenthia Village I haven't really explored much of this floor. This is actually the first time I've ever been in Koko Village. Compared to the main settlement it's a nice change of pace, heh. I'm guessing that this is one of the floors you frequent, at least if you have a favorite spot here right?"

"Yep, I come here a couple times a week just to clear my mind and relax, soothing thing, especially at night with the fire flies and the soft glow of their lights in the dark. You are the first person I have come crossed while I was in the tree though, no one really comes to this village, saddening and kind of surprising to say the least." 

Clarence looked up to the tree that is up there and remembers chatting with friends, passing out, being woken up by a very rude crow that apparently thought that the tree I was in was its tree, and just relaxation. 

"I wonder what will be up on Floor 11, hopefully better than Floor 10, haven't been up there much but I do not like it at all, that is for sure."

"Yeah, the tenth floor isn't exactly the most relaxing place you could visit, although I'm glad that I took the Night Vision skill. It makes getting around there much easier compared to without."

Calrex remembered his time when he encountered Arekkusu, who had almost accidentally attacked him, as well as the time that he and Teayre took the <<Let There Be Light>> quest and had to venture into a cave of similar lighting. Even though it wasn't popular, the skill itself was very useful. Even more so when he got the <<Reveal>> skill, which allowed him to see through objects so that it could keep from from getting ambushed. The two skills combined were a formidable defense against anyone who specialized in sneaking around.

"Right now I don't really have any particular floor where I go to relax, although I guess visiting my fiancee's shop on the fourth floor probably counts to that huh?"

He gave a smile as he thought of Teayre's hot chocolate and company. He really felt his most comfortable when he was around her, even in the most dangerous of situations. 

"I guess that's just one of the many reasons why I decided to marry her. I'm just glad that she said yes."

"She has a shop on the fourth floor? So do I! I'm an alchemist and my shop really hasn't been up to date lately, haven't really gotten around to getting materials in order to make potions, rank 4 Alchemist, I really need to start getting around again though." Clarence thought back to his dainty little shop on the fourth floor, how cozy and quiet it was to him.

"But yeah, the fourth floor and the eighth floor are my favorites, the forth is the best just because of the winter style and that is where I met Piers for the first time, I kind of almost knocked him over." Clarence blushed brightly at that and tried to save his face from dying the shade of brick red for all of eternity.

Clarence ran his hand through his hair and looked up at the night sky, the digital starts comforting to him, knowing that the creators of this game actually tried to make this very realistic in nature to comfort certain people.

"Heh really? That's awesome! I'll definitely need to stop by at some point and say hi! As for your incident with Piers, well I guess it was definitely a memorable first meeting huh?"

Calrex gave a small laugh as he spoke, making note of Clarence's blush at the story, "Don't worry it's a nice story. I liked hearing it, and your expression really does sell me on your admiration of him. I honestly hope you two end up together, you have my support."

He gave a friendly smile as he gave a thumbs up, "Also if you're ever in need of materials please feel free to let me know. My unofficial profession is gathering materials for players to make use of in their shops. I've done it for a few in the past, so I could easily procure some more to help you get back on your feet when you're in need of it."

"Anytime, hopefully I am there. And yes, meeting Piers was... strange in a good way." Clarence blushes again at that comment.

"Thank you for your support. I really like him and its like meeting Sakuri all over again, just Piers I think likes me but loves to tease, it is a curse and a blessing knowing that man. And I hope the wedding goes smoothly, and I must meet this woman Teayre, your new gay friend must approve of her." Clarence laughed at the ending statement but he kept to it, it is how he acted with most of his friends that are dating people.

Clarence listened intently on Calrex's business topic. "I may have to hire you for a bit, I hate grinding for materials and having another person, who its there job, to do it for me would be wonderful." He smiled and thought of the struggle to get materials that is was in the past, how getting enough for one day's craft was time consuming and just plain annoying.

"Heh, I'll definitely need to introduce you two. Of course you're my friend, it doesn't matter to me what orientation you are, you're a friend nonetheless. But I hope you approve of her!"

Calrex gave a friendly smile as he nodded to reinforce his statement. "As for the materials definitely! Just feel free to message me whenever and let me know how nay materials you probably would need. I'm hoping once I get strong enough that I can focus on maximizing my Search and Detect skill so that I can speed up the process. Right now it can be a hit or miss sometimes, depending on how luck favors me."

"Yeah, I've been trying to develop my search and detect a bit, kind of slow going considering my lack of enthusiasm in grinding and fighting mobs. I use about 5 mats a day and now production has stopped because I really can't make anything else because I have no more mats." Clarence sighs and shrugs his shoulders.

"And I will hold you to meeting her and all." Clarence laughs a little and smiles.

"So, how often do you go material hunting? I go not that often, but I do try to go sometimes, not that fruitful that is for dang sure."

I will probably ask him for materials, I am going to need them so bad as I start to rank up again and again in my Profession, even though 4 to 5 is a really slow going process }

"Heh, of course. Really I try to go material gathering when I get the chance. With the business with the build I haven't been able to get around as much as before, so I try to do so when I can. I guess that would be fairly often. Once I get to having better luck with finding materials I'll probably start doing it more often as a way to keep my skills up."

Calrex gave a nod as he acknowledged Clarence's smile, "But I usually also try to do it sooner if I get an actual order, so if you ever need any just let me know and I usually aim for a quick turnaround."

"So, considering we are now talking business talk, how much does each Material piece cost? Because I do have some Col, but alchemist shops are not as popular as they should be, well at least mine isn't really that popular." Clarence ask and sighs, wishing I had a reason to actually make potions, because his luck is nothing of good.

"Also, if you have anyone who needs a potion, just lead them to me haha, need some business to go because I have a lot of uncommon potions that no one is probably going to buy, unless they are a level 1 or level 2."

When Clarence began asking him about payment Calrex gave a laugh, "Well I don't really have a set pricing for my services. It's a voluntary act I do to help everyone, so I don't require payment. Usually if you want to pay me for it it's usually what you feel you can afford to give. Mari recently let me pick a couple of her potions as compensation as an example."

He put a hand behind his head as he gave a friendly smile, "I just hope those potions won't need to be used. If you remember her she makes those potions that can have certain emotional changes in a person. I grabbed a couple of the 'cures' just in case."

"Yeah I've heard about them. Always wanted to try the <<Honesty>> Potion on someone, but don't have the heart to force someone in telling me the truth. But I feel I would give a mixture of Col, potions, and Help in battles as payment, need a reason to get out a little more, you know?" Clarence smiles and is happy at Calrex's natural look, showing that the guy is fine with Clarence's company.

"Just to re-specify, I am not holding you from any important errand or meeting you need to attend to? Sorry, its a habit of mine to do these kinds of things." Clarence laughed kind of awkwardly, his social anxiety really starting to show to Calrex.