[PP - F1] <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> (Ssendom)

I find myself standing in front of a board full of quests for what must have been at least 30 minutes when a random urge to close my eyes and grab one comes to mind and with no progress with reading them all I go for it. Shutting my eyes tightly I pray and throw my hand randomly on the board. The second my hand touches a piece of paper I flinch as if it would bite then pull it off. Eyes still closed I hold it tightly to my chest and bump past a few people before I stop a little ways away from the board to then open my eyes and see what the gods have in store for me.

"Secret Medicine of the Forest? What could possiblly go wrong with a hunting quest?" I ask myself sarcasticly

"Oh right, I could die."  'It seemed somewhat funnier in my head' I realize after hearing my thought aloud.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ssendom was staring at the quest board standing taller than most of the other players, as he reaches for a quest paper he notices a girl that was about his chest in height nab it quickly with her eyes closed. Intrigued he decided to follow her for a second, he stopped when she did and noticed her talking to herself. "Hey are you okay over there?" He asked as he walked up. As he reached her he noticed how much taller he was in comparison to her. He squatted down and got nearish his knee's so he didn't feel so intimidating. "Are you interested in doing that quest there?" he asked in the kindest tone he could possibly use. 'I really hope I don't freak her out' He thought to himself the entire time he talked to her. "I-If you are, and are looking for help... I wouldn't mind assisting you." he stuttered for a second, but kept his words in a kind manner.

The sound of a deep but gentle voice broke me from my focus on the paper in my hands. A small gasp escaped my lips when I looked up to see a giant kneeling before me. As his words register to my brain I take in his much larger figure.  'He has such pretty eyes'  I give him my best appreciative smile. 

"You'd be willing to assist me? Yeah, I'd love that!"  'With such big arms there's a greater chance of me surviving my first quest!

Ssendom turns his eyes to look at hers, he smiles genuinely, "Yeah. I know how trying to go out on your own and fight by oneself feels. I've done it myself. It's much nicer traveling with someone. And I was thinking of maybe doing that quest there in your hands. But you take the reward and turn it in." He bows slightly, "May I know whom I am protecting this fine day." He says casually. He stands up fully and stretches getting prepared to walk into the wilderness to fight some creatures with the new person he has met this day.

The large man in front of me stretches and I can't help but look him over. From his mid-length brown hair to his well muscular arms and. . . and. . . I mentally shake my head. 'No, this is not right to start off this adventure by getting weird with the first guy who offers to help me.' I straighten up and look up to where his eyes are.

"My gammer tag is Black Sweetheart. And this is my first quest." I bow formally to show my gratitude towards this very large but very kind man.

"Thank you very much" After a second I realize something.

"Is there anything I'll be needing to get before going into the forest?"

Ssendom watches her eyes without staring at them as she looks him over, he blinks and looks back at her eyes, "Black Sweetheart, that sounds lovely. Not many people call me by my name; Ssendom. You can give me any nickname you so please to help you converse with me. The few I know do so." He pointed out to her blankly.

He finishes stretching and bow's to her formally aswell, "If there is more I can do, don't hesitate to ask." He reassures her, "The only thing you need is the weapon you came with, this is one of the two first quests you are to take. This one helps teach you the basics of fighting anyways." He explains. He turns around and hides the blush that slightly came over his face as he thought about her looking him over. "You ready to depart then?" He asks with confidence.

Ssendom's bow makes me smile. 'He's really nice and polite' then the responding thought makes me hesitate to my opening up to his kind words. 'Everyone has  a darker side they'd rather not let others see. I wonder what his dark side is like' I fold the paper up in my pocket and open my inventory. I'd been hiding my beginner's curved sword till now since i've had no need for it. The second I press the Equip button the weapon appears on my belt. I can't help but quote a line from one of my favorite american shows Fire fly

"Shiny" And with that I'm ready for my first battle!

He starts walking forward toward the outside of the town. "If you have any questions don't hesitate to stop me and ask." He adjusts the sword on his back, 'Alright, this should be relatively quick and painless. Smash some mobs and get what we need. It's nice traveling with company.' He thinks to himself, his brow furrow's a bit making it obvious he is deep in thought. He stops his train of thought and turns his head to her, "So what style of fighting do you choose to use?" He asks in a curious manner.

He continually fidgets his hands trying to find a comfortable place to put them, then he finally decides to shove his hands in his pockets. "You know, I never paid enough attention and just realizing I have pockets on these pants here." He says slightly embarrassed.

Ssendom's nervousness was so obvious that it was pretty adorable. 'Like a big teddy bear'

"At home I use to participate in kendo tournaments as a hobby, but it was just a way to stay away from home." I stretch my arms behind my head leaning back a little as I think.

"And I've really only fought with my Big bro and his friends against a couple of boars. I'd just try to hit them a few times with a sneak attack." I close my eyes for a little thinking about the feeling of striking and missing against the angry pigs. I can't help but smile at the memory of it all.

Ssendom nods as they continue walking, 'It's surprising to be this much taller than somebody else.' He blinks to get rid of the thought that transpired in his head. "You came into this game with your brother and some others I take it?" He asks inquisitively.

They come to a fork in the road, to the left was the village and to the right was their destination. "We're going to go to forest where the Nepents spawn. We may have to kill off a couple to get it to spawn, unless you got a good eye for finding variants."He says chuckling a slight bit.

As they continue his edginess doesn't dissipate, he was doing all he could to hold in the eagerness to slaughter some of the creatures in this world. He tried to play off his edginess as nervousness being around a female in the game, as to try and keep his bloodlust under control.

Kicking a stone I answer Ssendom's question

" I could go after a few Nepents. It would be a good work up to our goal." I look around and take in our surroundings. The path to the forest had an eerie feeling to it, like something's watching us behind the shadows. When I stare into the distance of the forest I could see figures moving between the trees. A small amount of fear started to poke it's way into my chest. The feeling dissipated when I felt Ssendom shift in place. I'm really glad he's 

"Do you feel any different when you enter the forest?" 

Ssendom stopped for a moment and looks at her, he could get the general feeling she felt scared or something was bugging her. He couldn't seem to figure out which one it was, "Hmmm, I don't really think about how I feel when I'm out hunting." He ponders for a second.

'Is she alright, something seems to be bugging her. Maybe I should pry a bit.' He begins to think.

He squats down then sits on the ground, "Did you want to talk for a second? Your nerves seem to have you on edge a bit." He states in a worried tone. He watches her to try and understand what her body language is saying versus what she actually says. "I'm a really good listener."

(OOC)- I'm really sorry for the late post, work has been keeping me busy. But I'll be sure to at least make a post everyday. ^ - ^

(okay back to being Black Sweetheart )

I blink whatever doubts I had after Ssendom's question made me realize I wasn't acting like myself.

"Oh, um I'm fine. I was just overthinking a small change in the atmosphere." 'Com' on! get your head in the game! this is just a low level hunting quest for beginners. you have to beat this to become stronger and ultimately survive SAO!'  I stand up a little taller and start heading forward. 'this is my expertise, I can act this out. I'm a warrior of the forest and no silly Nepents are going to bring me down!' I really start to feel more confident from my own pep talk. 

"I'd like you to know I really do appreciate this. You going on this hunt with me. I know I technically stole it from you but that makes it all the more appropriate to thank you. Most people wouldn't have made that sort of situation a nice and easy one." I stop as I might be rambling on just to fill the silence between us. I watch for Ssendom's reaction from the corner of my eye and can't help but notice a sort of eagerness coming from him.  

((OOC: No worries, take your time. If it takes more than a day no big deal. You'll eventually get to it and I'll eventually see it. Enjoy your days while you can. :3))

He takes a second to listen to her, as she stands up taller he can see the she pepped herself up with some internal conflict. He smirks for a second then hopes right up to his feet and bows, "You need not thank you, I have actually already performed this quest. I was more so interested in the person who was wanting to do this quest." He became flustered after saying what he just did, "But not in a romanticized kind of way or anything of the sort. More so in a beginner person aspect." He begins to chuckle embarrassing, "Sorry, I tend to say the wrong things sometimes. Short story, I wanted to help the next person to take the quest since someone helped me. So people know that you don't have to be alone in this world."

He begins scratching the back of his head for a second in embarrassment before clearing his throat, "We're wasting good daylight, lets go slay some Nepents already, the urge is getting to my head." He states as he tries to keep his mind at ease about killing creatures.

ID: 18278

BD: 2 (Missssssss) 

Ssendom's awkward fumble makes me smile. 'Like a big teddy bear.' The normality of this moment before a battle makes this word a little more bearable. As we walk further into the forest I breath in the air, listening to the song of the trees and the feeling of the grass beneath my boots. I open myself to my surroundings to better my finding our targets. 'I'm far from the skill level Ssendom is at but lacking in skills only means I should work harder so I don't slow anybody down.' Just when I'm starting to feel down about being weak I catch movement in the corner of my eye. 'Here we go, let's not botch this one up in front of our new friend!

The Nepent appears out of the shadows on a tree branch. I go to run up the tree's trunk and slice at it but the thing jump just in time to dodge my attack. I barely stick my landing jump off the tree in frustration. 'Not good'

(I am so sorry for the long time you had to wait, got sick and work has been a bit of a butt killer. I should be more active now, I also had a booboo to resolve from when I first joined the forums and my not so smart due diligence)

ID: 18494

BD: 2 (Miss)

Ssendom seemed to enjoy watching her float about the field, she seemed to be completely zoned into the area. 'It's like walking with a little sister of sorts, I guess this is what guys who have little sisters feels like.' He ponders in a relaxing mood. He turns his eye over to the Nepent after she notices and charges to strike it, she landed on the ground near it while noting that she did not land her attack. 'A curved sword user, I think she might be a Katana user in the future. Well time to finally release some pent up energy.' He thinks more savagely in his head.

Ssendom begins to rush at the Nepent, he grips his sword very tightly with both hands after withdrawing it from it's scabbard. He slides inbetween her and the creature then swings his sword, the Nepent easily dodged the attack and raised it's arms to slam down on the two of them. Ssendom used the momentum of the swing to put his sword in a defensive stance, making it seem like that was his intention the entire time, 'I really hope she believes that this was my intention to start instead of me just whiffing my attack.' Trying to keep the big brother illusion to her.

MD: 3 (Miss)

The Nepent began to slam down it's arms in a pattern Ssendom had begun to recognize after fighting so many of them. He takes his sword and swings in an arcing upward motion throwing the Nepents vine-like arms into the air helplessly, Ssendom began to smirk as he yelled "Switch!" to alarm her of the opening he had created.

Hate

0 Ssendom 21/21

0 Blacksweettart 13/13

Nepent 10/10

(Just copy paste the hate area for each post so it's easy for us to highlight and replace in our fight from this point forward :3)

ID: 18506

BD: 8(Hit)

The opening Ssendom gave me was perfect. 'Don't miss this time, don't miss this time' the chant went on in my head as I got closer and closer to the giant grinning plant- thing. I set my sights on the dancing flower on top of the nepent and with a second run up a tree I managed to hit my mark full swing and all. One of the vile thing's vines caught my attention just as it was about to hit me from the side. With a quick jump up to a nearby branch I was able to dodge it and land on a higher ground. I stay there to observe Ssendom's next move. 'This should be fun'

Hate

0 Ssendom 23/23  [////////// ////////// ///]

+ Black Sweetheart 13/13  [/////////////]

Nepent 8/10  [////////]

(I hope the little hp bars are okay, if not i can fix it back to your system ^ _ ^ And no problem to your posting time. You were sick and I understand. As long as you got better right?)

(Yeah I am down with you running the HP bars. And I am kinda getting better/worse. Zaz is yelling at me to go to a doctor :X. She lives in same town, I scared.)

ID: 18518

BD: 7 (Hit... Yes!)

It almost seemed as it was choreographed movement as he watched Sweettart run up the side of a tree and gracefully float in the air as she lands a beautiful strike upon the Nepent. It began to shriek in pain, the force of the strike caused it to lean back as she landed on a branch higher up on the tree. "You're looking like you've been fighting for years there Sweets." He shouted happily at her, giving her a nickname of sorts. He then begins to smirk, "Alright, My turn."

He swiftly dashes forward with the sword held by his right hand and reeled back to his left side, "Hey ugly, PAY ATTENTION!" He shouts as he swings his blade wide across it's body causing it to stagger away from him, "Lets tango." He taunts it as he places his blade in the same defensive position as before.

MD: 5 (Miss)

After it ended it's staggered walk, it searched about for the players and could only immediately notice Ssendom. As the heat was equal between the two it decided to charge forth at Ssendom. As it began to reach him it swung it's arms from the left side of it's body to attempt to throw Ssendom into a tree with the force of it's attack. Ssendom narrowed his eyes onto the creatures arms and just as it was about to hit him, he riposted it's attack once again leaving it helplessly open for another attack. "Predictable. Sweets! Switch!" He called out to her again knowing she had a very strategic vantage point on the opening.

Hate

1 Ssendom 23/23  [////////// ////////// ///]

1 Black Sweetheart 13/13  [/////////////]

Nepent 8/10  [//////]

ID: 18553

BD: 9 (hit) 

Watching Ssendom battle was a little inspiring. The way he moved with such confidence and fluidity. 'The nepent doesn't have a chance against the deadly teddy bear.' I say to myself after Ssendom landed his blade into the mob's flesh. A smile appears on my face from his nickname for me. 

"Got it!" I take the second opening he's given me with full force. Jumping from the branch I was perched on I hold my sword against my side pushing it toward the lower half of the nepent. I smile again as my blade pierced into it's stalky green flesh. It's sent into a wild screech, vines writhing and all.

"Your turn Teddy!" I use the momentum from the fall to run a few paces from the pained mob. My attack may not of given him as clear a shot as he'd given me but the way the mob was after I'd hit it convinced me that he could get a good shot in.

1 Ssendom 23/23  [////////// ////////// ///]

2 Black Sweetheart 13/13  [/////////////]

Nepent 3/10  [///]

ID:18589

BD: 6 (Hit)

Loot: Col; 5 x Mob HP (10) = 50 Col obtained

The creature shrieked and cried out in pain as Black Sweetheart got a powerful strike upon the creature that tore down from the top to the bottom of it, as she began to run a few paces away he hears her yell out "Your Turn Teddy!" then the creature then shifted it's attention toward her to try and get a strike in revenge.

'Teddy? That's a new one. Does she see me like a Teddy Bear or something?' He thought to himself, then he began to smirk 'Hmm, I can dig it. It's better than Oaf.' He continued to think as he began to charge again taking the small opening chance he had as the creature turned. He took a massive horizontal swing cleaving through the creature and forcing it to cry out in more pain as it explodes into data fragments. "Shall we move on to the next one Sweets?" He holds his hand out to help her up after he walked over to her.

2 Ssendom 23/23  [////////// ////////// ///]

2 Black Sweetheart 13/13  [/////////////]

Nepent 3/10 - (Base 1 + 1 DMG + 1 Skill) = [DEAD]