[SP-F4] [Complete] Another Day, Another Mat (EaL Quest)

Oikawa gazed out the window of his shop. Business had picked up significantly in the last few days and it was amazing. It seemed like he was getting order after order after order. His Col was steadily stacking and his reputation as a smith followed suit. There were a few orders he had left to complete and knew if he wanted to get them squared away, he would need to gather some materials. Glancing away from the sunlight that just erupted into the small window frame, the blonde rose from his chair and gathered his things.

Whistling, the sound of padded steps echoed through the room as King, his familiar, rounded the corner in his typically slow walk. "It's time to get more materials. Up for some looking?" The leopard cub purred and allowed himself to be placed on Oikawa's head as they exited the shop. Making sure to put the "Out gathering stuff for your orders" sign, Oikawa made his way tot he teleportation plaza and stepped through the gate.

"Teleport! Snowfrost Town!"

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Littered with snow, the small town of Snowfrost warped into view. Oikawa quickly stepped from the gate and placed King on the ground so he could play in the snow as they traveled. "Well lets get moving shall we?" Although the cub didn't answer, Oikawa figured that he was ready to move forward. As they traversed across the snow covered streets Oikawa brought up his menu and flicked through his inventory. Unequipping his Talisman of the Owl, he searched until he found what he was looking for; a leopard plushie. Equipping it would increase his ability to find materials and it was a nice reminder of the companion he had with him.

The exiting gates of the town reared view as they rounded another corner. Pushing forward, Oikawa pondered over which area he wanted to search first. Starglade sounds like a solid place to start. There are hardly any monster spawns there and it would be easy to focus on gathering in the secluded private area. Frostbite Lake also seems ideal. Hardly any monster activity their and the ore and ingots found there are rare. I 'll start at Starglade and move to the lake afterwards I suppose.

Having set up his plan, Oikawa led King towards the glade as that was there next destination.

The walk to the glade was rather short and sweet. Snow continued to fall around them, blanketing the floor and covering the trees. Taking a look around, Oikawa noticed that it may prove difficult to actually find something considering this area was completely covered in snow. I suppose luck will play a huge role in gathering materials today. A cluster of trees stood erect near the edge of a cliff like structure. Curious, the blonde investigated the cluster and searched for any signs of materials.

[17939] LD: 14 (12+2) No Material Found

The first tree yielded no results as he scoured the towering plant from top to bottom. Looking over his shoulder, Oikawa checked on King. The cub seemed to enjoy rolling around in the snow. I suppose it is a given considering it is his home floor. I shouldn't be surprised that he loves playing in the snow. 

Materials Collected: 0/12

[17944] LD: 16 (14+2) Material Found

Oikawa averted his attention back to the cluster of trees. He needed to find twelve or so materials for the day. Although it was a high number he had orders and wanted to be well stocked for many more. The second tree drooped a bit. The weight of the snow apparent seeing as the branches looked ready to snap at any given moment. Feeling along the base of tree, Oikawa felt nothing and was prepared to move on. Just as he began to move on to the next tree, the glint of something protruding from the trunk, caught his eye. Walking to the side of the tree, Oikawa noticed an emerald like ore poking from the tree. He touched ore and it was instantly added to his inventory as a material.

One down, eleven to go...

Materials Collected: 1/12

[17945] LD: 15 (13+2) Material Found

Turning full circle, Oikawa then moved on to the third tree. A typical tree in terms of height and foliage, the tip being topped with snow and the branches latching out in a Christmas tree like fashion. The tree was rather neat looking and Oikawa felt an inner peace as he looked it over. King's padded paws made it hard to notice the cub approaching the blonde as they looked at the wondrous tree. Taking a step forward, Oikawa searched every inch of the tree and was surprised to find yet another ore ingrown to the tree. this one sticking out from the base. That makes two! he thought excitedly.

Materials Collected: 2/12

[17953] LD: 6 (4+2) No Material Found

The fourth tree was visually similar to the third tree. He wasted no time scouring every nook and cranny the tree had to offer. His search yielded no results however. A little displeased with his luck, Oikawa looked towards King. "This is going to be a long day huh buddy? Well we can't give up yet. Lets keep searching!" Little did the blonde know, a new threat was entering the glade. One that didn't show up too often, if ever.

[17954] LD: 5 (3+2) No Material Found

The fifth tree of the cluster was also a failed attempt at discovering an ingot or ore. The pace of the falling snow never seemed to differ. It always remained consistent. As he looked for another area to search, the blonde couldn't help but feel he was being watched. Whipping around, he was surprised to see nothing there. Maybe it was just my imagination. I'll keep my eyes peeled and my ears open. Moving to another part of the glade, Oikawa and King rested near a frozen stream. One that would eventually lead them to Frostbite Lake.

[17955] LD: 3 (1+2) No Material Found

Bread and water materialized as Oikawa flicked away his menu. He broke the loaf in half and tossed it to King. The two ate together in silence just enjoying the scenery. It wasn't often that they had time to enjoy all the visuals Aincrad had to offer. It was peaceful to just sit there and not have to worry about battling or clearing the next floor. The bread tasted awful but it would hold him over until they got back to town. Oikawa waited for King to finish nibbling on his half before he looked for another are to search in before finally heading to the lake.

[17957] LD: 4 (2+2) No Material Found

A little further down the stream, Oikawa could see some snow covered fields surrounded by some rock formations. Guess I'll check there before heading to the lake. Grabbing King, the two moved onto the next location. As the snow seemed to disappear as they neared the area, Oikawa still couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. Glancing every so often, he checked to make sure they weren't being tailed. His check-ins seemed futile, as nothing ever made an appearance.

[17960] LD: 16 (14+2) Material Found

The rocky circle parted just ahead. it seemed to be like that of place where players sparred. The ground seemed to be covered skids and marks from where swords grazed the hardened dirt and armor slid across the surface. Welp hopefully I can fins something useful here. He began his search on the right side of the ring and decided he make his way around before heading out to Frostbite Lake. His first glance was rewarded when an Azure Ingot was collected from the bottom of a rounded rock. Three out twelve! Progress!

Materials Collected: 3/12

[17963] LD: 15 (13+2) Material Found

The first ingot was followed by a second as he moved further along the cluster of rocks. He checked is inventory and was glad that he had in fact collected his fourth material. Just eight more to go. Hopefully this can be sped up. i don't want to be out here all day and night haha. Suddenly a pebble rolled from behind and bounced along the ground. Oikawa turned to see where it had come from, but only saw King sitting there giving him a confused look. I can't be hallucinating that badly can I ? 

Materials Collected: 4/12

[17964] LD: 19 (17+2) Material Found

He pushed the thought aside as another gleaming object caught his eye. Jogging past the cub, Oikawa reached into a crevice between the rocks and pulled out another ore. "That makes five! King we just made some serious progress coming here." His victory was short-lived however. A loud snorting sound alerted him to the presence of a herd of Trembling Yak. There were 3 of them. Each one looking like it wanted to fight but not caring to expend the energy to do so. I'll take them on one at a time. Hopefully they can drop some nice materials.

Materials Collected: 5/12

Oikawa: 69/69

Trembling Yak 1: 35/35

Oikawa quickly re-equipped his Talisman and drew his rapier. He hadn't faced a <Trembling Yak> before but he didn't plan on losing to such a mediocre creature. The yak was surprisingly fast for it size. It rushed forward, opting for a more linear attack. Oikawa side stepped the creature as it went racing by. Turning on his heel, Oikawa quickly lunged forward and slid his blade along the beast, leaving behind a bright red pixel gash.

[17971]

BD: 8 (5+3) 

CD: 3

MD: 3

Trembling Yak 1: 26/35 (-9)

The yak snorted and pawed the earth as it turned around to face the blonde again. Lowering it's head, it charged head first in an attempt to impale the young fighter. Jumping straight up, Oikawa dodged the attack and used his momentum to pierce the yak as it passed under him. A red puncture hole marked the area in which his attack landed. Backing up, Oikawa realized he hasn't needed to use his shield yet. Which was a good thing.

[17974]

BD: 6 (6+3) 

CD: 1

MD: 5 (8-3)

Trembling Yak 1: 17/35 (-9)

Oikawa figured the fight was going as planned. That is..until the yak kicked up a notch and bull rushed him. Reacting swiftly, the player brought up his shield so it could take the brunt of the damage as he went skidding across the field into the rocks. Wiping his mouth where the blood would be of this was real life, Oikawa tightened the grip on his rapier as rocketed towards the yak, impaling it once again. One more hit and it's finished. i just need to keep up the attacks.

[17977]

BD: 6 (6+3) 

CD: 9

MD: 6 (9-3)

Oikawa: 67/69 (-2) (4+1-3)

Trembling Yak 1: 8/35 (-9)

Oikawa was sure he had this fight in the bag. Rushing forward, he felt his balance slip from him as he tumbled into the dirt. The yak used this opportunity to again rush him. Rolling into a crouch position, he brought up his shield just as the yak's horns connected on the attack. Tumbling once more into the dirt, the blonde dusted himself off as he stood once more. That's it. I'm ending you on my next attack.

[17979]

BD: 5 (2+3) 

CD: 11

MD: 6 (9-3)

Oikawa: 67/69 (-2) (+2) (4+1-3)

Trembling Yak 1: 8/35 (-0)

Oikawa stared the mob down as he pointed his rapier at it. Then in the blink of an eye, he appeared the behind the yak with his blade now sheathed. The sound of bursting pixels filled the air as Oikawa collected his loot and looked at the remaining yaks. I could technically out run them. I've had enough battling for the moment. Re-equipping his plushie, the blonde jumped between the two yaks and grabbed King before heading off for Frostbite Lake.

[17982]

BD: 6 (3+3) 

CD: 12

LD: 10

MD: 1 (4-3)

Oikawa: 69/69 (+2)

Trembling Yak 1: DEAD

[Oikawa - The Faint received 1 material]

Materials Collected: 6/12

[17986] LD: 7 (5+2) No Material Found

The clearing seemed to shrivel up as he followed the stream that led towards the lake. The yaks from earlier didn't appear to be in sight and as such, Oikawa finally slowed his pace. His breath made little clouds as they escaped his mouth and dispersed into the air. Through labored pants, the blonde looked up to search his surroundings for anything useful. His quick search had zero reward. I suppose I should keep it moving then.

[17988] LD: 13 (11+2) No Material Found

The lake was visible in the distance. Oikawa knew there were a few place he could search once he arrived there. Taking one last look around, Oikawa was disappointed to find there was nothing to collect in the surrounding area before the lake. Sliding down the slope, the lake seemed to grow even larger as he finally made it to the edge. "Well King, I hope we have better luck searching here than we did in the cluster of trees from earlier."

[17991] LD: 5 (3+2) No Material Found

Oikawa's hope may have been misplaced as he searched through surrounding area around the lake. Checking the edge of the lake closest to where he had entered from, Oikawa saw nothing turn up as he sifted through snow and foliage. There has got to be something around here for me to make use of. I don't want to go home empty handed from this area. Looking around, Oikawa searched for another spot to look through.