[F11] Bardic Inspiration (Open to all)

Jomei brought his hand to his chin when Kalesh requested for some sort of music he could play in the heat of battle. "You know... I don't think anyone has ever asked for that before." he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck, "Usually I just.. make soft catchy tunes." Walking over to the chair where he sat, looking at the different instruments he owned, he turned back to the man. "Alright, I'll take the challenge." Jomei picked up his lute and went to trying out different songs. After about 10 minutes of playing around with weird sounding tunes, he turned to Kalesh with a sheepish grin. "Er..lad..I'll uh... PM you when I get something.. Sorry." 

-----------
ID:32984
CD: 3 (Fail)
-----------
ID:32985
CD:1 (Crit Fail)
-----------
+2 EXP
-2 Mats

(2 Mats remain)

Edited by Jomei

He smiled as his request was accepted, a chuckle going through him as he says "Take your time, quality over quantity. See you when it's done, with some luck, I'll have my familiar by then!" He winked and gave him a wave "Seeya around! Thanks again for the crystals~" He didn't seem to be in any rush himself by the pace he took. If nothing else it meant he wasn't worried about it. He hadn't even shielded his ears at the less-than-succesful attempts. It gave him a general idea where he was headed, it probably just needed to get some polish he convinced himself as he headed for the teleport plaza.

The next day, Jomei was feeling much more refreshed and ready to play some music. Setting up recording crystal, Jomei used a various amount of instruments recorded at different moments and some overlapping others to create just the song that Kalesh needed. Listening to the song once again, Jomei nodded with a smirk and furrowed eyebrows. The song definitely got his blood pumping want gave him a want to win in battle. He sent out a PM to the man to let him know he had finished.

Once that was said and done, he figured why not try and come up with some other music for players to play for themselves during battle. He went back to work on the various instruments, once again creating a simple song that got the blood pumping.

--------------
ID: 33575
CD: 8 (Good)
+2 Exp
-1 Mat

Kalesh's Battle Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phjr9vaS7HM
-------------
ID: 33576
CD: 8
+2 Exp
-1 Mat

Generic Battle Theme.
-------------

(0 Mats Remain)

Edited by Jomei

Lee had made his way to the village of Urbus for a single purpose and to visit a single shop for a single item. He had made his way up the stairs and looked down at a piece of paper that he turned several ways, as if he was trying to read a map of sorts. If it wasn't for the sounds of music, he wouldn't know where he was. Once inside, it looked like some sort of waiting room with crystals in numerous sections to which Lee would begin to gander. It would be then that he heard a familiar voice and see Jomei jumping down. "Welcome indeed, place looks snazzy as h*ll yo. But I'm hear for more than just a friendly visit. I need something." He would flip over the paper that had the directions to the place to have a couple words written on it though they were more a smudge now. "Crap. Jomei, do you have something that helps with catching familiars?"

He smiled as he got the message from Jomei about his song, rushing himself to the shop in a hurry! It hadn't been an hour before Kalesh charged into the shop, managing to side step a collision with Lee as he said "You said my song was ready?" He smiled with wide hopeful eyes. When the crystal was presented to him he made a happy 'ooh' and immediately played the song. He listened to it with his eyes shut for a minute before nodding in approval and stopping the song and putting it into his inventory. "You did good, thanks a bunch!" He knew other players may not have the same desire for immersion as he did, but that didn't bother him much.

Jomei turned round to see who had entered his shop, only to see it was Lee. "Ah Lee! Welcome, and good to see you lad!" he called over to the man, placing his instrument on the chair. Jomei chuckled when the man admitted he was here for something, rather than just visiting. "Well I'd hope so.. Since I haven't told many people where this place is in the first place. Would've thought you were stalking me." he laughed. Lee then pulled out a piece of paper with writing on it.. however the letters looked quite illegible, and Lee struggled to see what had been written down. Eventually, he must have figured it out, asking if he had something to help tame familiars. "Well, I don't have any in stock at the moment.. but I can get to recording another one right away. Hah, funny, Piera had purchased one a day or so ago as well." Walking back over to where he placed his lute, he picked up the instrument as well as a recording crystal. Tapping the red button on the front, which began to blink, he began to play his song "Call of The Wild" from memory. After finishing the recording, he tapped the button again and brought it back to Lee. "Here you go!"

ID: 33803
CD: 12
+1 Call of The Wild (+1 to LD during <Feeding The Enemy>)

+8 EXP
-1 Mat

(1 Mat Remains)

Edited by Jomei

"Stalking,word of mouth, spying, I mean, psh~" Lee would joke around at the notion and the look across his face seemed to lessen as Jomei spoke of not having any of the item in his actual stock. He thought of possibly going to another shop but at the same time, he also didn't like the idea and felt that giving something to someone he knew seemed like it was the better solution so he almost gave up and figured he would try it another day when Jomei continued speaking that he could actually make one quickly and that Piera had gotten one just the other day. Lee enjoyed the firsthand experience of watching the crystal being made and the music that came with it. When he returned, Lee looked at the crystal with a pleasant smile "Thank you for this. I figured that having a little thing following me around would make the day go by faster." 

He would then open up his menu and speak "Would four materials cover it?" Lee would hand Jomei four materials as payment and with a happy smile, he would wave his goodbye to his friend.

Edited by Lee
  • 2 weeks later...

Zandra sat in her shop. Bored to death. She couldnt enjoy brewing because out of materials. She wanted to do something. Then she remembered Jomeis owl. She would love to have a companion. Wouldnt be such lonely feeling in her shop with some company. So she picked a thing from one of her shelfs and headed to Jomei. She had herd performers could make songs to attract animals. She was lucky she knew a performer. Outside the shop she stopped for a moment. Remembering her last visit. That time was wonderful. She wished she could re-live it. With a deep breath she entered the shop. It looked just like she remember it. "Hi Jomei. How do you do?" She walked to the ginger with a smile on her face."I must say its cozy here. Not like mine on the snowy floor 4." She sat down on one of the chairs."You know, Im kinda jealous on the bond between you and your owl, was it Adare?"she hoped she said it right."I was planning on finding someone special as well, if you know what I mean. Ive herd you can make music that attracting those kinds of animals and wonder if you have a song for sale?"

Handing off the crystal to Lee, Jomei smiled, "Yeah, four materials would suffice." The man handed off the payment to Jomei, who placed them into his inventory. "Pleasure doing business with you Lee. Hope to see you again soon! And good luck with finding yourself a companion." He gave the armored man a friendly wave as he left his shop. Letting out a relieved sigh, Jomei sat down on the armchair on the far side of the shop. Now that he had a few materials to work with, he would be able to put out a few more songs.

+4 Mats from Lee

ID: 35024
CD: 6 Bad
LD: 19
+1 Exp

ID: 35025
CD: 9 Good
+2 Exp
-1 Mat
Song of Warming - A soothing song that makes the listener feel warm inside, helping them to bear through cold climates. 

ID:35028
CD:3 Fail
+1 Exp

(2 Mat Remains)

Jomei sighed as he finished playing, not being able to create anything up to par with his past creations. Soon after, his door slowly opened to reveal another familiar face. "Oh, hey Zandra." Jomei said with a bright smile on his face as he stood up to greet the girl. "Really? You think so?" He rubbed the back of his neck at the girl's comment of his shop being cozy. "I guess it is, I would love to live on Floor Four honestly, something about being in a warm house when its cold outside just makes me happy." he looked out his window with a content look on his face, "So now that I know your shop is there, I'll have to stop by sometime." He placed his hand on her shoulder as he turned around and walked back towards where his instrument sat on the char. Zandra asked about Adere, and the song one would use to attract a familiar. "Aye, Call of The Wild is what the song is called..helps attract different animals that you could tame. But .. I actually just sold out of my last one. B-But I will try and write another one for you as soon as possible."

Edited by Jomei
  • 1 year later...

Vale had done some extensive researching after listening to Macradon talk about him being apart of the thirteenth floor. After figuring out there was another man who had ceased from joining the front lines who still yet lived, the panther-like woman decided to pay this man a visit. Coming up to a building where sounds whimsically escaped the confines of the small building, Vale looked at it curiously, "So... Someone who has stories of the front lines resides in that building. I've got to meet him." As she entered the store, she was overtaken by the lovely view, the massive array of couches and lounge chairs made this place feel more homely than store-like. There sat the man who played music to hearts content, the one she had been look for, Jomei.

She approached the man, "Are you... Jomei-san?" She asked out, then she opened her inventory to display a sack of payment that held materials in there. The fact that when he played music on an instrument, and actually producing music meant that he was able to create songs without needing to only use ones voice. She had some song thoughts in her head that she wanted to share with a particular someone, "I have questions for you. But first, I need these songs do you think you could help me?" She asked as she handed over a few sheets of paper and the bag of payment itself.

-2000 Col
-15 T1 Materials.

Requested:
1 Call of the Familiar Song (Perfect)
1 "Sorry, but not Sorry" Vanity Song.
1 "Promise me No Promises" Vanity Song

The ginger stood outside of the ever so familiar building. After moving out of Zandra's house, and then out of Piera and Lee's mansion, Jomei figured he might as well start back out at square one, putting his shop just where it was when he packed it up the first time. He took in a deep breath of the fresh air of Floor Two that he had grown to love before heading inside of the shop. Everything was the same as it used to be, all of the same furniture and prop instruments set up on the wall, some of the recording crystals that he had for sale were set up on display shelves, even the small room he had up on the balcony above his head had the small bed and all set up.

Immediately after making himself at home, he sat on his couch and looked around once more, before taking his lute out of his inventory with a few motions of his hand. The man had barely played a few notes to himself before the door opened, and a bronze skinned girl walked in. One of his orange eyebrows cocked, feeling as though they had met before. She looked much like the blacksmith Jevi.. but different. 

"Are you... Jomei-san?"

He sat up straight and smirked, "That would be me.. something I can help you with?"

Immediately, the woman took a large sack out of her inventory, containing materials and col. As she displayed the bag, it vaporized into the air and into Jomei's inventory, 2000 col and 15 materials to be exact. His eyes widened, "Quite a generous payment." She had also handed him a few sheets of paper, containing exactly what it was that he wanted. Two songs to be used for background reasons with no enhancements.. and one Call of The Wild. Jomei looked back up at the woman and smiled. "Alright, I'll get right on it."

Rolling (Rank2: 4 crafts)

ID 88653
CD 12 (Perfect)
"Call of the Wild"
8 exp

ID 88654
CD 8 (Good)
"Sorry Not Sorry" 
2 exp

ID 88655
CD 2 (Fail)
1 exp

ID 88656
CD 3 
1 exp

+ 12 exp ( 18/160 exp)
+ Call of the Wild (given to Vale)
+ Sorry not sorry (given to Vale)
+2000 col
+11 materials

• 2 weeks later...

Jomei sat back down in his shop. Adere hopped from his shoulder and perched on the balcony where his bed was, watching over the ginger as he picked up his lute from the side of the couch. With a content smile on his face, the man began to feel around at the neck of the instrument, thinking just where to start the song. Nodding his head, he set up a recording crystal and began to play. After a few mistakes, he needed to toss the first crystal, what a waste. After that, he was able to record a catchy melody. His next two songs were great, and could definitely be sold in his shop for players who could use them.

ID 89167
CD 1 Crit Fail 
1 Exp

ID 89168
CD 8 Good "Here Comes The Sun" (Vanity)
2 Exp

ID 89169
CD 11 Rare "Healing Word" (2x HP Recovery: Heals a single target for (40 * Tier) HP per slot.)
5 Exp

ID 89170
CD 12 Perfect  "Call of the wild" (Familiar Call: +1 LD to finding a familiar)
8 Exp

----------------------------
Totals:
+ 16 EXP (34/160 EXP)
- 4 Mats  (40 Mats)

• 2 months later...

Making her way through the busy streets of Taft while the virtual sun hung overhead, Telrenya naturally smiled when her eyes fell upon the familiar wooden sign that displayed Jomei's home and workshop. She had just brought her knuckles up to rap on the front door when the familiar sound of a lute caught her attention. She leaned to the side, spotting an opened window to the Irishman's music room and lowered her hand, carefully turning the handle. Sure enough, the door opened for her and she slipped inside, quickly spotting the door to Jomei's workshop ajar, indicating that the man was open for business.

Telrenya's curious eyes peeked into the room as she hovered in the open doorway. She simply enjoyed the sound of his song with a warm smile on her face until her obvious spying would eventually be noticed. She would give a short giggle before pulling her hand up to knock lightly on the door beside her, despite her presence having already been discovered. "Sorry Nick," She offered with an apologetic smile.

"I'm here as a customer today." She explained her sudden visit with a cheerful tone. "I was actually wondering... Uhh," Her shift was sudden and obvious, as if she was a bit embarrassed to admit the type of song she was looking for. "I was wondering if you have a Call of the Wild, o-or something similar."

Jomei's soft music was interrupted when he felt the presence of someone standing in his doorway. Eyes shifting upwards, he immediately spotted the familiar face he loved so much. "Stel, no need to apologize." he said with a chuckle, placing the lute on the ground and standing up to walk towards the woman. According to her, she was not here for leisure, but for business for once, causing a curious brow to pop up above his visible eye. The man's small smirk turned into a wide smile when she asked if he had any Familiar Calls in stock for her. "Ah, so finally giving in and getting a familiar?" he said with a laugh, "I knew being around Adere would change your mind eventually... Though she might get a little jealous now." he said with a wink, walking over to the bookshelf that houses all of the crystals he held for sale. 

The man grabbed the familiar crystal with the green center, walking it back over to Telrenya and placing it in her hands. "Well, if you need some company to go out and find whatever familiar you want, let me know." he said with a smile. "Of course, I'm not going to charge you." he said with another small laugh. The man leaned his head in and planted a small kiss on the girl's cheek, "Maybe I'll see you later?" he said with a wide smile. 

-1 "Call of the Wild" <<Familiar Call>>

• 4 weeks later...

The Irishman yawned as he opened the door to his workshop, a cup of tea in his hand. With a smile on his face, he walked to the opposite side of the room, opening the curtains to bring light into the room. With a sip of his tea, the man turned to a small table where he placed the cup down, and picked up group of empty recording crystals. After setting one up to record, the man went to work on creating new songs. After finishing, he figured it may have been too early for him to start working, only coming out with one song that was somewhat worth it.  

"Working" +2 Exp per craft
ID 93638
CD 4
+3 Exp

ID 93639
CD 10
+5 Exp
Uncommon Song

• HP Recovery Song 

ID 93640
CD 1
+3 Exp

ID 93641
CD 4
+3 Exp

-4 T1 Mats
+14 Exp

_______
19 T1 Mats
48 Exp

"That... didn't go according to plan." the man said, a bead of sweat following the line of his jaw as he tossed the three ruined recording crystals behind him, each of the items shattering like glass as they hit the floor. He was left with one Monster Attraction song.. something that he didn't think he was ever able to sell. The man scoffed, placing the completed crystal with the rest of the products he had for sale. For a moment, Jomei considered calling it quits for the day.. but he felt a bit more inspiration to keep going. This time, the man would sit down at the piano, rather than his lute, and he began to play. 

"Working" +2 Exp per craft
ID 93729
CD 1 Fail
+ 3 Exp

ID 93730
CD 8 Salvage
LD 6 (Fail)
+ 4 Exp

ID 93731
CD 2 Fail
+3  Exp

ID 93732
CD 4 Fail
+3 Exp

-4 T1 Mats
+ 13 Exp

_______
15 T1 Mats
61 Exp

• 1 month later...

The ginger hummed to himself as he sat at the piano in his recording room, a pencil tucked neatly behind his ear, and fingers resting on the ivory keys of the instrument. His index finger gently tapped upon the surface of the key before pressing down on a chord, creating a sound. He continued to play around with various progressions until he found something he liked, writing it down on a piece of paper to record shortly after. "Gah.." he spat as he ripped a piece of the sheet paper that ended up sounding no good to him and tossing it over his shoulder, shattering upon impact with the floor. 

ID 96507 | CD 3 | LD 14 Fail (+3 EXP)

ID 96508 | CD 8 | LD 17 Uncommon (+5 EXP)

ID 96509 | CD 7 | LD 5 Salvage (+4 EXP)

ID 96510 | CD 4 | LD 2 Fail (+2 EXP)

• 4 years later...

Jomei peeked into the slightly ajar door to his workshop as he entered his home from a day out. He stared for a moment, not having spent much time in there lately. A single, empty recording crystal sat on a music stand, just waiting to be filled with music. "Hm.. maybe I should get back into it.." he said to himself, gently pushing the door open with his shoulder. Each foot step echoed throughout the small chamber as he made his way to a lute that leaned against the wall. Plucking a string to find the right tune, he began to play.

ID 208539 | CD 3+1 4 | Fail
+3 EXP

ID 208540 | CD 8+1 9 | LD 11+1 12| Uncommon T2 Support Song
+5 EXP

T2 HP Recovery 

ID 208541 | CD 7+1 8 | LD 12+1 13 | Uncommon T2 Debuff Song
+5 EXP

T2 Lullaby

ID 208542 | CD 6+1 7 | LD 10+1 11 | Salvage
+4 EXP +1 Mat

+17 EXP
-3 Mats