PP - F6 A Drink With A Former Guildmate (Azazel) (Completed)

In the sixth floor settlement of Amazon, at a small outdoors bar near gates leading out into the fields, sat Calrex, who was clothed in his casual combat clothing. Sitting at one of the multiple low tables surrounding the bartender's circular bar, he was simply relaxing and reflecting on the past events that have happened. In front of him he had decided to try something that was usually stronger than the past drinks he had consumed in the past, a simple bottle of the game's equivalent of whiskey, with a shot glass in front of him.

"I really need to be careful not to make a habit out of this. If anyone here drank as much as they did in the real world many people would be dying of alcohol poisoning."

Resting against the table to his right was the Grand Blade, while the Ocean's Defense necklace was hanging around his neck. As he quickly tossed back another shotful he gave a small sigh.

"The last time I was sitting here was when I was working with Azazel. Then all of a sudden she decided to remove herself from the guild. It's been some time since that happened, and I remember Teayre was pretty upset about the whole thing. I'm curious as to her reasons for doing so, but I guess that people will have their reasons for anything. At the least it seems like Absolute Pin is growing at a fairly quick rate. I just hope the council system is actually sound enough to work while being fair."

With that he poured himself another glassful, quickly tossing it back before resting his arms on the table calmly, giving a deep breath, "In any case, no matter what happened I hope she's doing alright. She deleted everyone from her contact list, so there's no way to know if she's alive other than visiting the Monument of Life."

"I know that Teayre considered her a friend, and especially after losing Beleram I can tell from the past few times I've seen her that she's taken it pretty hard, almost like a betrayal to some level...I wonder if that was why I avoided guilds for some time, because the idea of a guildmate and a friend can get blended together in a bad way, kind of like having a relationship in the workplace where one of the couple is in a supervising position to the other. It has a high chance of destroying the relationship."

Ever since Anna left Absolute Pin; she’d been avoiding anywhere she’d normally gone before. The woman had deleted her contacts and she did not want to run the risk of running into anyone; not just yet. However, with her habits and needs, she had to find new watering holes in the territories she roamed freely on a solo adventure. Lately Azazel had been frequenting the watering hole she had been taken to by Calrex. She liked the little shack that lay in the safety of the main town of the sixth floor. It was a tiny, rather exotic little shack on the edge of the safezone, and their house liquor, whatever it may be, was rather strong. It gave her a faster head change than anything else SAO had to offer. If it hadn’t been for the fact that she couldn’t go back to her favorite places, she might not have ever learned about that.

Azazel had been running wild on floor six for several days before she felt the need to find something to soothe her. As much as she hated it, it meant a trip into town. The woman strolled into the small village and entered the minute hovel of a bar. Her eyes scanned the place, surveilling her surroundings. Her eyes caught a glimpse of a familiar form. She debated turning around and leaving, but she couldn’t. For whatever reason, she found that she couldn’t just dismiss Calrex like that, not when he was knocking the drinks back and talking aloud to himself.

“Are you…alright?†she approached the man with a smile, “Fancy running into you here.†Even though Calrex was her friend’s fiancé, she couldn’t help herself. He was a very sweet and generous person who was quite fun to tease. 

As he was about to knock back another shot glassful of the "whiskey" Calrex turned and almost sent the brown liquid down the wrong tube as he saw a familiar face, "Guh! *cough* Z-Zaz, hey long time no see!"

He set down the glass as he gave a friendly smile, "Yeah, I'm doing perfectly fine. Just relaxing a little bit and trying something different this time. But yeah, what a coincidence."

"I guess I should probably be feeling awkward about this, but creating an awkward atmosphere now wouldn't be helping anyone. Besides, at least this means that she's still safe and doing well. Going from what I know of her habits it's no big surprise she might be hanging out here, at least from what I can remember."

"In any case how have things been with you? Oh, feel free!"

He ushered to the seat at his empty table, indicating she was welcome to sit if she wanted to, "Heh, any particular poison you're up for today, if you want to join me of course. My day's been winding down so far, so I'm not going to be going anywhere for a little bit."

• 3 weeks later...

"Why is it that everytime I find you drinking, I find you choking on a drink instead of actually getting it down?" She said as she smacked at Calrex's back helping him cough up the last bit of liquid. "Teayre would kill me if I were the reason you died, so stop it alright?"  Anna was fully aware that if anything happened to the young man while she were around, she would get the full blame for not doing anything to save the girl's beloved.  

Azazel took a seat before she was even offered one and smiled over at her companion. It'd be a minute since last she saw him, and he as sweet enough to ask her how she was. "Oh... much better now. I'm sorry I left the way I did, but I find that I couldn’t be in a group where my ideals differed from everyone elses. How are you doing though? And how is Teayre? The last time I saw her, I was cussing her out over having to put up with Kotori's stupid censored. I she still angry with me? Lord knows I would be if someone talked to me like that."  Although she wouldn't be too sad if Teayre were still mad she would have liked to avoid her wrath nonetheless.  

"Oh... ummm...what are you drinking?" She asked when Cal offered to buy her a drink. 

"Well, right now this is supposedly SAO's equivalent of whiskey. I figured since it's impossible for us to get fully imbibed in the game I figured it would be a good time to try out some of the other types of drinks to get an idea of how they tasted. This one isn't bad at all."

He set his empty shot glass down as he gave a calming breath bringing himself back to center as he processed the rest of what Azazel said, giving a nod, "It's good to hear you're doing better. No need to apologize about the guild, I'm not going to be trying to get you to come back or anything. It's really not in me to try and force others into doing things they would prefer not to, especially if you don't agree with the way things were being run. Whatever reasons you had I respect your choice."

With that he poured another glass and slid it over to Azazel to give a try as he spoke further, "Unfortunately the lsat time I saw Teayre was at the second guild meeting, but she seemed to be doing well from what I could gather. Of course I'm not gonna lie and say she didn't seem a little broken up about what happened, but she definitely didn't seem angry about it."

"Going from what she's saying it seems she walked away from the Bishop position during the initiation with Kotori. I wonder what in the world happened that could have resulted in that. Although, I guess that some people personalities simply will always clash, and from what I know of the two of them that just might apply. Well, live and let live."

"As for me, I've just been keeping myself busy going here and there. I've had to oversee a couple of initiations, but for the most part I've just been doing my own thing."

Anna smiled. She felt relieved that Teayre wasn't mad. She liked the younger girl very much and would have felt at least a little bad if she knew there was animosity between them. "I'm glad things seem to be going well and I'm sorry you've not seen much of Teayre, it's pretty obvious how much you both fancy each other." It was scary really, now that she thoguht back on it, she did recall them both saying that they sacrifice anyone else around to save the other if thing ever came to that point. From the recollection of the looks  on their faces, se knew they were both deadly serious. 

"Whiskey will be fine then. I really don't care what I'm drinknig so long as it gets me drunk..." Anna said knowing full well that everything she happened to drink on SAO never got her drunk. Still she was willing to keep on trying. "I still can't believe the game makers would do this. I mean you can get your censored on...but you can't get drunk? What the hell were those developers thinking?"  

Cal passed the shot Azazel's way and she drunk it down quickly. The familiar burn follwed by that feeling that always made Zaz shuttered followed as she set he small glass back upon the table.  

"So what brought you out here today?" She asked him curiously as she slid the glass over to him and montioned for Cal to pour her another. 

"Heh, yeah it makes me wonder as well. I'm guessing it could be they added it as an afterthought, or the inability to get fully drunk was completely intentional. Oh well, nothing can really be done about it now right?"

As Azazel sucked down the shot Calrex gave a nod as he quickly went and got another bottle, along with another shot glass. Upon returning he poured his former guildmate another shot as he poured one himself, quickly tossing it back, "As for what brought me out here today, I guess I can't really give a good reason one way or another. It had been a while since I visited this floor, so I figured I'd stop by and grab a drink for a while just to gather my thoughts and process everything that's happened."

With that he poured another and tossed the shot back again, just as quick as the last one, "I do remember I brought you here the last time we actually hung out, heh. In any case, what brought you to the sixth floor as well? From what I've heard around it's not exactly one of the most preferred floors to visit, due to the particular types of monsters that spawn in the forests around here."

"It sucks... I'd rather get drunk," she sulked. If it was a choice between getting off and getting drunk; she'd choose getting drunk any day of the week. At least alcohol kept the nightmare away, she couldn't say the same about sex. 

Anna listened as Cal told her his reasons for being on the floor. She pounded back the next drink and then had to ask the question that she'd been lead to, " So what happened?" Being that she didn't hate Calrex she wondered if everything was alright with him. It could've just been the fact that his being away from Teayre for so long it was putting Cal through withdrawals 

"I came here for a drink to be honest. I didn't feel like any of my usual places. I've beenavoiding them actually. I remembered this place because of that time," she laughed as she continued," So I came for a drink and I found you, so here we are!" 

Calrex gave a friendly smile as he acknowledged Azazel's reasoning for coming to the floor, "Fair enough, this certainly is not like the other floor's establishments for getting a drink."

As he poured Azazel another drink he put one for himself as well as he tossed it back, "As for what happened, well, I'm sure that you're familiar with Teayre's eagle companion Beleram. We ended up taking on the Avalanche quest, and during the battle, he ended up being killed. He was with us before even joining the Azure Brigade when it was still in operation, back when Teayre and I were still of low level, so she took it pretty hard when that happened. I guess with your resignation that feeling was compounded, so I was worried for her well being."

With that he looked and saw the first bottle was empty as he set it aside, opening the next one, "Like I said before though, she seems to be doing better since then, which has given me some relief. I'm hoping once the both of us have some time we could sit down and actually check in to see how the both of us are doing."

With that he gave a friendly smile, "But in any case I'm glad that I was able to run into you again. After Teayre informed us of your departure at the guild meeting I was wondering how you were doing."

"So Teayre's chicken died huh?"  

Anna tried not to laugh as Calrex explained what happened to the familiar, but really, she hated that damn bird. It was big and obnoxious and acted as if it were a damn parrot. It was kind of stupid really. Azazel bit her bottom lip and chewed on it. "I'm so sorry to hear that," she said with as straight a face as she could.  

"I'm glad she's doing better over it though. I hope you all have time to talk soon too. Soeaking of which...have you all even started planning the wedding? When is this event? I haven't missed it have I?" Just because she ran off didn't mean she didn't want to go to see the pair marry each other; she actually liked Teayre and Calrex very much and would be disappointed to miss such an event.  

Calrex kept a straight face as Azazel made her comment about Beleram, giving a friendly laugh to not come off as awkward.

"I guess Beleram wasn't well liked by everyone then. I guess there's no surprise in that. You make enemies just like you make friends right?"

He took another shot before responding to Azazel's query, "No you're actually in luck. With all of the business going on we haven't actually had much time to actually hold or even plan the wedding out in detail. Of course it's still something we want to do, but I guess that we got caught up with our own responsibilities and such that it kind of got put on the back burner. So once it does get into the works I can be sure to let you know."

"Well, how to let her know would be the question. She deleted her contact list, so there's no real way to get in contact with her other than by happening upon her all of a sudden."

Azazel was relieved that she had not missed the wedding, but saddened to find that they'd done no planning due to them both being so busy. "I was supposed to help Teayre plan it," Anna lamented. "She had asked me and I told her I would. It must be why she's kept herself so busy?" Azazel really hoped she wasn't even in tiny bit at fault for Teayre wedding planning being on hold. She didn’t think it really was the case, but if it were even a tiny bit true, she would feel awful about.  Zaz set her elbows upon the table and rested her head upon her overlappig hands deep in thought. "I still want to help... but I can't go back..." 

"Hm...maybe there is a way to go about it. I mean right now we're busy, sure, but if Teayre left you in charge of the planning then it's only right to trust you with it right?"

Calrex gave a friendly smile as he took another shot of the brown liquid before gathering his thoughts, "If you don't feel comfortable talking with Teayre about it how about this? I can figure out what it is she wants to have for it, then we can meet here so I can pass it on to you and you can take it from there?"

"The two seemed to be good friends, although I don't know how much I'm ok with this new drinking habit Teayre seems to have adopted, but even if they're no longer in the guild I'd like for them to still be on a talking basis... "

"Of course it is just an idea. It's still your call whether you want to give it a shot or not."

Azazel lit up as Calrex made a wonderful suggestion. "That’s brilliant, but do you think she'd go for it? Probably not.... but... I could... I could help you plan it! I mean you must know everything she wants...you'd have to you're marrying her. If you didn't then that wouldn't make for a terribly good start to a marriage would it?" Azazel teased. 

"All joking aside though, I would love to help her in anyway possible. I really like Teayre a lot, and not having someone around to help you with these kinds of things can be hard on a girl you know? " Anna pushed her glass toward the man wanting another refill. She smiled. Yes,she culd totally help Teayre and Calrex with their wedding. She wanted to, it was the least she could do for the both of them as they had helped her out quite a bit when she'd needed it.  

"So what do you think?" 

As Azazel slid her glass closer to Calrex he gave a nod as he poured her another shot, "I think it's a great idea. But yes, Teayre has discussed some of what's she's wanted so far, although all of the details I think will need to be talked about a little more before they're actually set in stone. Nonetheless if you want to lend a hand with it I'm sure it would be appreciated."

Calrex gave another smile as he noted that Azazel still seemed to wholeheartedly want to help with planning the wedding. "Well, it's good to know that she wants to give it a shot. Now the question will be if Teayre's up for letting her lend a hand. Of course I don't know if Azazel would want me to tell her."

"However, before we go ahead, do you want me to inform Teayre about this? I don't want to be stepping on any toes with either of you in doing this, so if you're uncomfortable with that idea I'm sure we can think of some way to do it in any case."

"NO!" Anna said as she put her hands up to Cal. "Please don't tell her. I'd like this to be a surprise for her if I can help it. I don't think either of us...well me... I'm not ready to face her or apologize. Why don't you find out for me what she really wants and I'll gather everything together and make it happen. This way there's not stress and you two can just enjoy your time until then." Anna stopped talking long enough to drink the shot. She set the glass down on the table and rolled it between her hands as she thought. 

"You love her don't you? I mean this is some silly in game bullshit marriage is it? You love her enough to find her in the real world and be with her?" Anna eyed Calrex carefully wondering exactly what it was between the two of them. She'd seen them together and they seemed rather happy, but it could have all been on the surface. In game marriages were childish and stupid, but if the were wanting to be together for real, then the idea didn't seem quite so lame to the woman.   

"Oh! Ok, sure thing, I understand."

As Azazel quickly requested that he keep this a secret from Teayre for now, to be saved as a surprise, Calrex gave a nod of understanding as he took another shot, giving a friendly smile, "Well then I'll be sure to get that figured out with her and pass the message on to you. At this point, to be honest, I think it's possible we might have a smaller ceremony first with only some close friends, then have the big extravagant one later on, but of course these are all still in the works."

"You love her don't you? I mean this is some silly in game bullshit marriage is it? You love her enough to find her in the real world and be with her?"

Upon hearing Azazel's query about his true feeling for Teayre he gave a calming breath, setting down his shot glass as he looked over, "I wholeheartedly do love her. We've only known each other for a few months, and it sounds illogical at some times due to it, but all of me feels that I want to continue forward with her at my side, no matter what good or bad may come. We've even told each other our real world names, so you can bet that even if this marriage is just in-game, I plan to make it a reality once we get out of here."

Zaz smiled as Calrex explains that he does truly loves Teayre. " That’s good..." She said feeling rather relieved that Teayre had something real. She was a someone Anna actually cared about and she wanted to make sure that the girl wasn't being lead on or anything. "Make sure it stays that way." She said offhandedly, however, it was a threat. She couldn't hurt Calrex, but she would find someone who could if he ever did something to make Little Red unhappy. 

Calrex gave a friendly smile as he nodded in acceptance, "Yeah, it definitely seems like she does still care about her. That's good..."

"Of course you can count on it."

He poured another shot for the both of them, looking at the bottle seemed to be running low. Setting it down he took a shot of his glass before giving a calming breath, "Hey Azazel, I apologize if this is stepping over any boundaries or anything, but..."

"Hm...I guess it will be quite some while before I end up crossing paths with her again. I'd best try and pass these words on to her. If not I just might end up forgetting about it and regretting it later."

"...even with everything that's happened between you two, I can tell that Teayre still considers you a close friend. I know we're doing all of this in secret and everything, and I'm not sure if you've given it much thought, but if you can I'm sure she would like to see you there at the wedding. So if you can I'd like for you to be there as well."

With that he looked over at the two empty bottles, "Huh, looks like we're out. Want me to go and grab another round?"

"Well of course I would go. I even got a dress for the event... don't be silly. I mean yeah,we're not talking right now but that doesn't mean I wouldn’t want to see you all get married." Anna huffed wondering if Cal really thought she was the sort who wouldn’t come support her friend during an important life event.  

"That was rather insensitive Calrex... I'm hurt." Zaz giggled.