SP - F9 Clash of Ice and Fire <<Guardian of Fire>> (Completed)

ID: 18385

Battle Dice: 7

Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

Craft Dice: 3 (1 Damage)

As the hound leapt at Calrex he prepared himself, readying to catch it in mid-flight like he did before, but as he readied his strike another heat wave coursed through the room, beating down on him as he leaned to the side, the hound flying by. Luckily there was a wall right behind where Calrex was standing that the hound slammed face first into, letting out a yelp as it slid down to the ground.

Calrex quickly gathered his senses as he slashed at the stunned monster before putting some distance between him and the hound, keeping his sword trained on it. "This heat is seriously a problem..."

HP List

Calrex: 70/79

Enemies:

Hell Hound: 21/30

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 18489

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

Craft Dice: 7

After regaining some strength after the heat wave Calrex turned and faced the hound once again, twirling his Grand Blade into a reverse grip. Even though he was doing well so far, it was easily to tell that after the previous two days, the heat of the Inferno Cavern was doing a number on him. As the two combatants rushed at each other Calrex ran alongside the hound, cutting it along the side as he rushed by. At the same time the hound used its claw to slash Calrex in the arm. The attack triggered the Grand Chariot's Thorns ability as the light blue chains formed around his arm before exploding into shards, pelting the hound as it was forced away.

Immediately after the clash Calrex turned and kept his eyes on the monster, giving a long deep breath. "I've gotta keep up this pressure..."

HP List

Calrex: 69/79 (+4 Mitigation)

Enemies:

Hell Hound: 11/30

ID: 18513

Battle Dice: 1

Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +1) = 2

Craft Dice: 2 (1 Damage)

Calrex gave a couple of heavy breaths before rushing forward, attempting to follow up his attack on the hound, but as he stepped forward another heat wave hit him as his strength behind his slash became weak as he stumbled past the hound, stopping as he braced himself against a wall. As he passed by the hound tried to take a swipe at him, but missed far clear of the mark.

Underneath his helmet Calrex was pouring sweat from his face as he continued his breathing before turning back to face the creature. "D-Darn this heat...they really need to come up with an air conditioning equipment or something..."

HP List

Calrex: 68/79

Enemies:

ID: 18514

Battle Dice: 5

Mob Dice: 3 (+1 Evasion) = 2

Craft Dice: 4 (1 Damage)

Calrex gathered himself together as he turned to face the <<Hell Hound>> once again, raising the Grand Blade at full extension before he felt the heat getting to him again as he brought his arm closer, flicking the blade so that the main edge was facing up towards the ceiling with his sword arm parallel to his body. He gave a few more breaths before rushing forward, attempting a quick stab. The hound quickly leapt to the side as it tried to slash at him again, but completely missed.

"Alright...it shouldn't take much more to finish it of...I just need one or two more strikes so defeat it, then we'll see if I can do one more battle or not..."

HP List

Calrex: 67/79

Enemies:

ID: 18516

Battle Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 10 (+1 Evasion) = 9 (+2 Damage)

Craft Dice: 8

As Calrex turned to face the hound once again his eyes widened as the hound leapt directly at him, its mouth open, ready to chomp down. He could already tell what was coming next as the hound bit down on his shoulder, "Gh!"

He shook left and right a couple of times before flicking the Grand Blade into a reverse grip, impaling the hound to force it to loosen its grip before he ripped the hound off of him, throwing it to the side. Noticing the burn indicator appear once again next to his HP bar Calrex gave a small sigh as he raised his sword once again.

HP List

Calrex: 65/79 (+4 Mitigation)(+1 Damage)(+1 Burn on next turn)

Enemies:

Hell Hound: 1/30

ID: 18520

Battle Dice: 3

Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

Craft Dice: 9

Calrex gave a couple of deep breaths as he felt the heat temporarily let up off of him as he rushed forward, attempting to slash the hound once again. Unfortunately his attack missed clear of the target. In addition, his exhaustion slowed his retreat as the hound rushed in once again, leaping forward and biting down on his free arm.

As he felt the hound clamp onto his arm Calrex shook his arm a few times in order to get the hound loose before kicking it away, putting his back to a wall, "This is getting ridiculous. I only need one more strike, but it seems like heat is really getting to me..."

HP List

Calrex: 62/79 (+4 Mitigation)(+1 Damage)(+1 Burn on next turn)

Enemies:

ID: 18521

Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

Craft Dice: 1

As soon as Calrex positioned himself against the wall the hound couldn't seem to maintain its previous strategy of circling around the player, instead now hopping from left to right in order to try and take advantage of Calrex's blind spot by forcing him to turn his head constantly. Fortunately Calrex was able to keep his eyes on the hound without having to do so as he gave a few more heavy breaths from the heat getting to him once again.

"Darn it...I need to finish this dog off before it gets any worse..."

HP List

Calrex: 61/79

Enemies:

ID: 18522

Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

Craft Dice: 6

The stalemate continued as Calrex slowly began to gather himself together once again, pushing himself back up to a full standing position, his sword arm still trained on the pacing hound as it stopped its initial advance, not waiting, as if poised to strike once his guard dropped. He could feel the sweat continuing to pour down the sides of his face as he gave a couple of deep breaths. Once he managed to muster enough energy he took a couple of steps forward and tried to deliver a slash, with hound quickly leaping out of the way.

As the hound landed it tried to swipe at Calrex, but his stumble moved him out of the path of the monster's claw, the hound landing and sliding a few paces as it turned around to face Calrex.

HP List

Calrex: 61/79

Enemies:

ID: 18523

Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

Craft Dice: 1

As Calrex completed his previous attempt at striking the hound he quickly turned as he dropped to a knee, planting the Grand Blade to use as support as he felt the heat get to him once again, his breathing becoming even more heavy as his body tried to cool itself off. He could see his vision becoming slightly wavy from the heat around him and building on the Grand Chariot armor's metal.

The hound rushed at him attempting to strike once again, but sailed clear as it slid a good distance away once again, turning to face Calrex. It gave a growl, but it was weaker than before because of the previous damage it had endured from Calrex's attacks.

After a few breaths Calrex slowly turned his head as he tried to keep his eyes focused on the monster as he lowered the Grand Blade to his side, holding it into a hammer grip on the ground. He slowly gripped the sword as he gave a few more breaths.

"I can't waste any movement now...I just need to get a good strike in..."

HP List

Calrex: 60/79

Enemies:

ID: 18523

Battle Dice: 2

Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

As Calrex continued to remain kneeled on the ground the hound gathered itself together as it began to circle around him, like a predator closing in a prey. It gave a low growl as the flames that served as its fur flickered. For a quick second the hound leapt forward and snapped at Calrex, an attempt to try and spook him. The bait failed as Calrex remained deathly silent as his eyes continued following the hound, completely ignoring it when it when the monster passed behind him.

"Stay calm and remain focused...I can pull this off. I just need to get a single strike."

HP List

Enemies:

ID: 18536

Battle Dice: 6

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1)

As the hound circled around once more Calrex gave a long deep calming breath, focusing his energy into his arm as he felt the heat let up for a little bit. His senses kept track of the hound as it circled around, making use of his hearing as it went behind him, then his eyes as it came back into view. As it left his vision once again suddenly the hound made a growl as it leapt at him.

Hearing the change in pattern Calrex quickly whirled his body around, grasping the Grand Blade as he spun. Once the monster fell into his sights he pushed forward with his legs as the hound opened its mouth, attempting to bite him once again. With a light slash Calrex cut across the monster, dealing the finishing blow, stumbling upon completing the attack. The hound froze in mid air before bursting into crystals, Calrex breathing a sigh of relief.

"Alright...that's two down..."

Loot List

1 Material

HP List

Enemies:

Hell Hound: -8/30

After defeating the second hell hound Calrex took a seat in a corner of the room he had just fought inside, temporarily unequipping the Grand Chariot armor as he switched back out for his casual combat clothing. Even with the blue fur-lined coat and long sleeve undershirt it still felt much cooler than being inside the armor. He moved some of his bangs off of his face as he felt the sweat pouring out of his body, "Alright...this is just a little ridiculous. I think I'd best play this safe and take out the third hound, see where I am at. If necessary I'd best step outside and take some time to recover before going up against Cerberus."

With that he switched back into his armor before heading further in. As he descended downwards further he used his <<Reveal>> skill, locking onto the third hound he needed to fight, giving a couple of deep breaths before rushing in.

Surprise Attack!

ID: 18538

Battle Dice: 10 (+2 Damage)

Craft Dice: 4 (1 Damage)

As he entered the room the third <<Hell Hound>> was looking away from him as Calrex quickly closed the distance between the two as he brought his sword back, the blade alight with the light blue hue. In his exhausted state he wasn't able to get to the high speed he could normally move at, but he still had enough to rapidly move around the hound as he unleashed a flurry of slashes, each of the cuts flashing a light blue aura chain effect before shattering. With the attack completed the hound gave a howl as it locked its eyes on its attacker.

Calrex took a couple of steps back as he gave a calming breath, "Alright, the heat is building. I'd best take care of this as fast as possible."

HP List

Calrex: 59/79

Enemies:

Hell Hound: 19/30

ID: 18539

Battle Dice: 4

Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

Craft Dice: 3

After Calrex's attack completed he stood up straight to try and regain his composure, but as he did suddenly the hound was already charging at him. This time rather than trying to bite him the hound leapt forward, swiping with both claws as it passed by. Calrex took both slashes as he gave a calming breath, turning to keep his eyes on the monster as he raised his sword. He took a step forward and gave a quick slash forward, but the hound quickly maneuvered to the side as it began to circle around, resuming the predicted attack pattern that Calrex had seen before.

"Come on this again? I guess the AI isn't really creative on this part isn't it? That's fine I can make do."

HP List

Calrex: 57/79

Enemies:

Hell Hound: 19/30

ID: 18540

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

Craft Dice: 8

Calrex gave a calming breath as he flipped the Grand Blade into a reverse grip. Since he could feel his body starting to get some strength back he decided to reinforce his upcoming strike by placing his free hand's palm over the end of the hilt. The hound gave a growl as it rushed forward, leaping up as it gave a swipe at Calrex. It's claw lightly grazed Calrex's chest plate, but the attack also activated the Grand Chariot's Thorns ability as the light blue aura chains appeared the attacked part of the armor, exploding and pelting the monsters with chain shards.

As the reactive attack connected Calrex took a step to the side as he slashes horizontally, catching the hound in the underbelly as the creature gave a yelp before stepping back, shaking its head before it turned and faced him again. Calrex gave a sigh as he saw the hound's health drop, "Just one more strike should do it..."

HP List

Calrex: 56/79

Enemies:

Hell Hound: 9/30 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 18542

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

After Calrex completed his attack he felt himself temporarily out of steam as he lowered his guard, giving a couple of breaths to help recover. During this time it seemed the hound became emboldened as it rushed forward, leaping past and slashing Calrex in the shoulder as it flew by. The crazing attack activated the Thorns ability once again, pelting the hound with chain shards.

"Alright, I'll need to make note of that. When I lower my guard the AI of the hound immediately goes on the offensive and attacks. There has a way to bait that programming..."

HP List

Calrex: 55/79

Enemies:

Hell Hound: 8/30 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 18543

Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

Craft Dice: 12

Unfortunately as Calrex was trying to devise his next strategy the hound came at him again, leaping past him while slashing twice with its front claws. Both attacks connected and caused Calrex to stagger back from the blow as he moved over to a nearby wall, his sword arm handing down as he placed his free hand over his chest as he continued to try and control his breathing. While the heat didn't seem to be working as much on him anymore, his body was still overheated from spending so much time inside the cavern.

As the hound tried to close in on him again Calrex threw a couple of warding slashes to keep the monster at bay. One of his strikes came close to hitting, the edge of the Grand Blade licking the embers of the hound's fur on its back.

HP List

Calrex: 54/79

Enemies:

Hell Hound: 8/30 

ID: 18544

Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

"If I can get myself into a better position I might be able to bait that programming I just saw. Geezes this heat is making it very difficult to move though. It feels like every motion I make is in slow motions. Not good at all."

Calrex straightened himself up as he placed his back against the wall, keeping his sword arm out and trained on the hound in front of him, eyeing him like a piece of meat that needs to be devoured.

"Hey you mutt...there's only one person I'm allowing to look at me like that. I'm no bone to be chewed on got it?"

He spoke in an exhausted, yet lighthearted tone as he began to slowly slide along the wall, away from the corner. As he did the hound began to move along with him as it bared its teeth, a bit of flames escaping every time it took a breath.

"Alright...just a little further..."

HP List

Enemies:

Hell Hound: 8/30 

ID: 18545

Battle Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +1) = 5 (Thorns Activation)

Craft Dice: 9

Loot Dice: 17 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 20

"Now!"

Calrex quickly dropped his sword arm, flipping the Grand Blade into a icepick grip. Seeing Calrex drop his defense the hound leapt forward, aiming to snap at Calrex's neck. However, as it drew close Calrex quickly spun towards the wall, moving away from the hound as its face slammed into the wall.

As the hound began to fall Calrex made a full 360 spin, bringing his blade up. As he came fully around the hound was on the same side as his sword as he faced away from the wall once again, except the Grand Blade stabbed into the hound's head from behind, embedding into the wall from the force of the spin. As the hound dissipated into crystals Calrex gave a couple of exasperated breaths, extracting his sword from the wall, "Three...down..."

Loot List

1 Material

Bonus Loot: 1 Material / 150 col (Mob Health 30 * 5)

HP List

Enemies:

Hell Hound:-3/30 

ID: 18548

Craft Dice: 5 (1 Damage)

As soon as Calrex eliminated the third hound he quickly turned as a roar echoed throughout the deep cavern, "That's gotta be Cerberus."

"Shoot, I'm in no shape right now to be fighting him. I'd best get back out of the cavern and recover a bit before fighting him."

He quickly turned back the way he came, using his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly make his way back through the tunnels, eventually arriving at the mouth of the cave. As he exited he stopped running, but as he did exhaustion took him over as he stumbled before dropping to the ground. He rolled so that he was laying flat on his back as he swiped on his menu, switching back to his casual combat clothing.

"Hah...hah...ha..."

With each exasperated breath he felt his body starting to cool. After resting a few minutes Calrex sat up, removing his jacket and shirt, adding them back to his inventory, "Alright...I'd best rest out here for a short period of time before heading back in. Hopefully Cerberus doesn't despawn if I hang out here..."

He went through his inventory, retrieving his last Healing Potion he had bought from Baldur's now closed shop, the Catfish Sundries. He flipped the top off and quickly drunk it down, feeling the liquid slide down his throat as he gasped for air at the end out of relief, feeling his health start to recover.

HP List

Calrex: 58/79 (+5 HP from Healing Potion)

As Calrex continued to rest at the mouth of the cave he felt his vision starting to focus once again as his strength began to return. It had only been a short period of time, but he felt some of the heat that had been beating down on him within the cave starting to lift off of him. As the pressure began to leave he felt himself starting to breath a little bit easier as he kept breathing deeply. A couple of times when it became slightly quiet outside he could hear a powerful howl come from inside the Inferno Cavern, a marker that Cerberus was still active.

"I'd best just focus right now on resting. If I can guess correctly from the way this quest is laid out Cerberus's programming won't let it leave the cavern, meaning I don't have to worry about it coming out. However I'd best be prepared. Right when I enter most likely it'll come after me right away."

With that he moved over to a nearby rock formation and climbed on top, laying out and opening his lungs to take in more air.

HP List

Calrex: 59/79 (+1 HP from Passive Recovery)