SP - F9 Clash of Ice and Fire <<Guardian of Fire>> (Completed)

As Calrex continued to rest he felt his body begging him to actually take a short sleep, his eyelids becoming heavy as he felt his body lose sensation. "I...haven't secured the area...yet..."

Unfortunately he wasn't able to keep himself conscious as he felt himself drift off into a sleep. As he did a strange dream took place, playing through his mind as if it was a memory, from his own perspective.
He was standing in a field, what looked to be the first floor, clad in the Grand Chariot. But he didn't feel like he normally was. He felt freed, but at the same time broken beyond repair. The two emotions might have been related to each other, but since it was a dream Calrex had no memory as to why. Suddenly he felt a strange, twisted kind of laugh attack come over him, as it he was pitying himself to a mockable level. His hand came up as it clamped onto his helmet as he laughed. As he did he could hear the sound of the helmet as it strained under the pressure of his grip, his Grand Gauntlets strong enough that he could crush a small monster in its grip.

"Hehe...how much of a dumbass am I? I should have learned this a long time ago *sing song voice* Fool me once...shame on you...fool me twice...shame on me...fool me thrice I'm A censored IDIOT!"

After the laugh attack and sudden outburst he could see himself lean over, winded from the act. Then, as if he were trying to collect himself at some kind of gala he straightened up his posture, even dusting himself off before speaking. 

"Hehehehe, *sing song voice*yes I really am, there's no one to blame but meeeee. But no matter, if the way I am is going to get me hurt..."

He could feel his vocal cords clench, making it gruff as if there was more rage inside, but instead of it radiating from his body, it came from his voice, "...then screw all of it..."

Suddenly his eyes shot over to a nearby cluster of bushes as his <<Reveal>> skill activated. As it did the bushes became transparent as he saw three players hiding within. As he saw the orange crystals over their heads, he could feel a sense of relief, of joy come over him.

"Come on out now, you're not fooling anyone by hiding..."

"This dream...what is it?...a vision of what could have been? An alternate route?"

As he continued to lay there and rest the dream continued to play in his mind.

HP List
Calrex: 60/79 (+1 HP from Passive Recovery)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the dream continued to play in his mind Calrex could see everything that was happening as the situation progressed. The three player killers emerging from the bushes, attempting to rob him. His mockery and taunts that flowed out like water as he began to fight with just his right arm. The look of fear in his opponent's eyes as he slowly began to eradicate them, one by one, until only the leader remained.

He watched as he dragged the leader over to the edge of the first floor, holding him up over the edge before releasing him into the abyss below. This wasn't him at all. This was a man that was broken, his beliefs and morals shaken to the core. A fallen knight. As the dream ended Calrex's eyes opened as he woke up, observing his surroundings. It was still the middle of the day on the ninth floor, with the heat still radiating from the ground. He was drenched in sweat, even though he was asleep, but he felt a little more refreshed than before. He moved some of the bangs from his face as he gave a small sigh, contemplating the dream he had just experienced.

"That just now...it seemed almost real, like if things had gone a different way...I would have become him. *sigh* I can already tell that would have just been the starting stage. Once a person gets a taste for killing, especially like that...it would be difficult to stop. It becomes and urge, and even though it seemed like he was going down the path of a PKKer, it wouldn't be long before that twisted sense of logic would turn him into a full blown PKer..."

He gave a sigh as he felt the sweat drip from his face, sizzling against the ground, "But to think that I am capable of something like that...no...that's always something I have been capable of..."

"It's strange that everyone gets this impression that I'm some amazing goody two shoes or something. Any good I've done so far...I think is more as a result the actions I've taken to survive, and keep Teayre safe. I've never...not even once...thought of myself as a good person, and I don't intend to change that."

As he gave another sigh he looked down at the ground, feeling some of the emotions that were building on him start to fade as he pushed them back, his eyes dimming slightly as he got to his feet, scanning the area, "I'm still not strong enough just yet to go back in, so I'd best rest here for a little bit longer before heading back in..."

"This isn't the time nor the place to be losing my head. I can deal with this as long as I want once the quest is over, but if I do now it might lead to me losing my cool and putting myself at a disadvantage..."

HP List
Calrex: 61/79 (+1 HP from Passive Recovery)

As Calrex continued to rest on top of the rock he kept his ears trained on the sounds of Cerberus to confirm if it was still in the cavern. Every time he heard the howl he felt a small bit of relief come over him as it reaffirmed the field boss had not despawned. As he saw there he let his thought run through his head, something he hadn't had much time to do as of late.

"With everything happening, I'm surprised I can still find time to do things like this. I can probably guess that if I told Teayre about what I'm going through right now she's probably berate me for doing something so foolish, and likely try to make her way over he..."

"YOU THINK I CARE ABOUT ME. I DON’T CAL I JUST CARE ABOUT YOU."

"..."

As Calrex began thinking about Teayre's actions his mind immediately snapped to when he, Meokka, and Teayre went on the <<Feeding the Enemy>> quest. Those words seemed to have hit him fairly hard and stuck in his mind as he gave another sigh.

"I still need to talk to her about that. I hope she doesn't think it's ok to expect me to not lose myself in protecting her, yet she can go and lose herself. It doesn't work that way...I'm not going to let it go that way..."

His eyes dimmed slightly further as he continued to recall his recent memories, feeling a weight in his chest as he gave a calming breath. At this point he couldn't tell if it was because of his emotions or the heat of the ninth floor, but he continued on in spite of it.

HP List
Calrex: 62/79 (+1 HP from Passive Recovery)

Calrex continued to rest before he got to his feet, deciding he should probably take a walk in order to keep his body from getting tensed up from the heat. With that he kept in sight of the rock formation, deciding to head towards one of the nearby lava flows. As he arrived he saw the burning almost white hot molten sludge slowly moving along. He gave a sigh as he walked over to one of the nearby smaller pieces of stone, picking it up and casually tossing it into the white hot goop. Almost instantly the rock disappeared beneath the surface of the lava as Calrex stared at the liquid. "I guess it really is a sight to see..."

He got up as he gave a defeated sigh as he began to walk towards the river of lava, knowing well what would be in store should he fall in. But at that point he didn't care. He was done. With that he took a deep breath and leapt...

Or at least that was an idea that had temporarily passed through his head for a second, but almost as fast as it came to mind Calrex quickly dismissed it.

"Doing that would be more than foolish. There's too many repercussions should I decide to go and off myself. Teayre would be distraught, as well as many others. To go and commit suicide would be unthinking and selfish of me to do."

He continued to sit on the bank of the river of lava as he gave another sigh. "It's interesting that they put this particular mechanic into the game. Some could say it's just realistic effect, but I feel there's another motive to it as well. It's a taunt from Kayaba. It's the same as the edge of the first floor, the abyss below. It's like he's saying 'There's a way out, just kill yourself.'"

Calrex gave a small smirk before getting to his feet, "It's getting too warm over here. I'd best get back to higher ground."

HP List
Calrex: 63/79 (+1 HP from Passive Recovery)

As Calrex arrived back at the mouth of the Inferno Cavern he made his way over to the rock formation he was at previously, leaping on top with his <<Acrobatics>> skill as he took a seat, looking back at the cavern. He heard the telltale roar of Cerberus, making note the field boss was still spawned, even though he had gone and visited the river of lava nearby. He gave a sigh as he let himself think further on past events, "I should be focused on all of the negatives. There have been some good things that have taken place. I mean, Meokka and I did go and get some materials for Teayre's birthday..."

"Plus I have to keep reminding myself that I'm engaged to her. There's no way I could go offing myself with something so precious still happening. Although...I guess I do have that thought occasionally, if I truly deserve to be this happy. Teayre's been through so much...what I've experienced can't even compare to it. She deserves happiness more than I ever did..."

He gave a sigh as the light that had started to return to his eyes darken once again, "Maybe that's part of the reason I keep pushing myself to become stronger...I guess in some way to help feel like I'm more worthy of her..."

"...I should keep focused on recovering. It's still gonna be some time before I'll be ready to face Cerberus..."

HP List
Calrex: 64/79 (+1 HP from Passive Recovery)

As he continued recovering Calrex gave a sigh as he wiped more sweat from his brow as he tried to keep himself cool. His eyes had yet to regain their light as he tried to keep his emotions under control, giving a calming breath. With a few more minutes gone by he could feel even more strength returning to him, but his thoughts continued to run as he focused on the good and the bad that had happened recently.

"The guild's formation, the control over the cold persona...I thought that things were going down a decent path...but now that I think about it I wonder if it's still within the plan I had originally set for myself..."

After giving a few more breaths he resolved himself, "No, I need to do this. I'm not going to let this go on without doing something about." Making a few swipes on his menu he sent a message to Teayre.

Subject: Need to Talk
Sender: Calrex

Hey Teayre, hope things are going alright wherever you're at. I'm currently undergoing the Guardian of Fire quest here on the ninth floor. The heat is intense!

In any case after I'm finished here I need to talk to you. There's a lot on my mind at the moment, and I want to know what you're thinking as well. Hope to see you soon.

Calrex

HP List
Calrex: 65/79 (+1 HP from Passive Recovery)

"Alright, that's about all I can do at this point. Now I just need to hold up my end of this. Clear the quest and make it back alive. That's always been the plan."

Calrex gave a sigh as he got to his feet, drawing the Grand Blade, feeling the strength of the blade in his hand fill his body as he gave a long deep breath. His eyes remained the same, partially dimmed from his emotions, but this time he felt there was no choice.

"I'm not going to sit here and let me emotions run loose. I know better than to let that happen. If I stay here, I will be left behind. However, I can't go rushing in just yet. So, best practice my sword techniques and refine my strikes. This will be a tough battle, so each attack needs to count..."

Queue Personal Theme

With that Calrex took up his modified iaido stance, keeping only his pants and boots on him in order to help endure the heat. He gave a calming breath as he drew his sword in a reverse grip, the blade leaving a flash of blue as he cut in a horizontal slash, stepping forward. After completing his arc he turned his wrist upwards, cutting back with another horizontal slice in the other direction. With each strike he could feel his body flowing with the calm energy lended by his cold persona. As his attack completed he flicked the sword into a hammer grip as he reinforced his grip by placing his free hand against the point where the hilt met the handle, bringing his arms up as he cut in front of him like a kendo strike towards the head, stopping as his hands reached waist height. Another light blue aftereffect appeared from the attack.

"All of these emotions, all of the the struggles I've been through, and the ones I will likely encounter in the days to come. I'll face all of them head on. Not run away and hide behind a stoic face..."

HP List
Calrex: 66/79 (+1 HP from Passive Recovery)

As the minutes continued to tick by Calrex continued training with the Grand Blade. Now instead of practicing the strong, wide slashes that he used frequently to deal powerful blows he switched to attacks that used more movements from his elbow and his shoulder, techniques that he learned from observing arnis, escrima, and kali practitioners. His sword left a medium blue aftertrail with each strike as he cut across from right to left across the chest, with another from left to right. Following the two strikes came another two of the same attacks across the lower body, around the hip area. After the four strikes he stabbed towards the middle of the chest before bringing the sword over his head from the left to right into a diagonal top right to bottom left slash, followed by a top left to bottom right cut. Then came a stab to the left shoulder, followed by a stab to the right. Finishing the combo of strikes was a jabbing strike to the left of the head, then a circling jab strike to the right side with a turn of the wrist, finishing with a top middle to bottom middle cut.

He gave a calming breath as he flicked his blade into a reverse grip, feeling the sweat dripping off of his body. His eyes remained dimmed as he gave a couple of deep breaths to calm his heart, "I refrained from using those techniques in the past...maybe now it seems I don't have that luxury anymore. There's no way I can instantly kill someone in this game from vital strikes, so I can actually make full use of all the sword techniques I self-studied in the real world..."

"Gh...a cut across the stomach. Feel like its deep enough to actually cut through the stomach cavity if this were the real world. Calrex...your martial arts hobby took a dark turn when you researched the techniques and places to strike that would quickly end an opponent's life...didn't it..."

"What he said back then, may apply to real world ideas, but in this game a cut is a cut. The only difference is that it might increase the chance of a critical strike, but that doesn't matter. If I want to protect those I care about, I can't hold myself back, not anymore..."

HP List
Calrex: 67/79 (+1 HP from Passive Recovery)

More time passed by as Calrex continued refining his sword techniques. Now instead of using his kali techniques he had switched to a more up close and personal style. He held his hands similar to their positioning when he was in his <<Martial Arts>> techniques, with the Grand Blade in his right hand. As he gave a calming breath he closed his eyes, doing visual training in his mind. The opponent in front of him attacked with a diagonal slash from above.

"Kazuya mentioned the idea of using our swords combined with Martial Arts movements to unleashed a combined barrage of attacks..."

Calrex's eyes remained closed as his left hand clenched into a tiger claw, the familiar yellow glow of his unaugmented <<Martial Arts>> ability. His visual opponent's arms came close as the elbows bent. Right when they got into reaching range his left hand shot forward, as if he were interrupting the movement of the elbows. As he did he flicked his right hand forward, impaling his visual opponent through the stomach. Immediately after doing so he wrenched the sword out and cut across the neck. In his mind he also recognized that the attack would no longer be a fatal strike, already visualizing the opponent preparing to strike again.

With each visualized attack coming at him Calrex repeated the pattern, interrupting the attack with a <<Martial Arts>> charged strike from his left hand before following up with his sword strike, his pattern turning into a flurry of strikes that seemed to overwhelm the visualized opponent.

"Give no quarter, no second to breathe, no chance to retaliate. There is no room for sportsmanship in this game. It's life and death, and if I don't fight to my fullest either I or someone I care about might be hurt or worse. Show no hesitation, crush the enemy's defense and attack with powerful and precise force..."

HP List
Calrex: 68/79 (+1 HP from Passive Recovery)

As Calrex brought his training to a close he gave a calming breath as he started in his modified iaido stance. He focused on the opponent in his mind as it rushed at him. Once the visualized opponent came into range he stepped forward, drawing the Grand Blade at the same time in a wide horizontal cut. The attack was fairly slow in terms of combat speed, so as the attack came he stepped forward, his left hand aglow with the yellow light of his <<Martial Arts>> skill as he punched forward in a hook. The combined attacks broke through the opponent's evasive defenses as it took the blow to the head, being knocked to the ground by the first.

Immediately following this Calrex stepped forward as he got into extremely close range of the visualized opponent, his Grand Blade lifted high as he impaled it into the visual opponent, his sword sinking into the rock. Following the momentum of the impale Calrex spun in a quick 360 before he unleashed a barrage of fists, not much unlike the flurry of blows he used with the Grand Gauntlets on so many occasions. Each hit would be trained on the opponent's face and the joints connecting the limbs. Following the flurry of blow Calrex extracted the Grand Blade from the ground as he brought it to the opponent's neck, slicing it as he flicked his sword into a hammer grip, slashing in a rapid motion with a flurry of horizontal cuts. With a small battle cry he brought his sword high as he delivered a dropping vertical slice that would bisect the visual opponent.

He could feel the swat pouring from his body as he straightened himself, flicking the Grand Blade like one would do to clean blood off of a blade, twirling it into a icepick grip before resheathing the sword in his sheath.

"Alright...I've done as much as I can right now to blend those techniques. It'll probably take much more time before it becomes truly fluid...but it should suffice for now..."

He gave a small sigh as he turned around, facing the entrance to the Inferno Cavern once more. His eyes remained dimmed as he kept his emotions suppressed, giving a small exhale, "I should be healed up enough to fight Cerberus now. Plus I still have the recovery crystal that I bought from Mari sometime back. I can pull this off..."

"I have no choice but to do so. I can't allow myself anything short of victory..."

HP List
Calrex: 69/79 (+1 HP from Passive Recovery)

After finishing his practice Calrex heard a message appear in his inbox, looking to see that is was Teayre responding to his message, "Good, she got it..."

His mind immediately shot back to when he and Teayre had met up on the fourth floor, when she had given him the Grand Chariot. He remembered her sudden reaction, and how she had misinterpreted his words, thinking he was going to leave her to join the Azure Brigade. He gave a small sigh as he shook his, "I guess I still need to work on how I word things. There has to be no doubt in my words. I'd better reply and clarify so I don't put her in the wrong mindset..."

Subject: Need to Talk

Sender: Calrex

I'll meet you there. I only need to fight Cerberus now. Don't worry, it's not anything concerning the wedding or anything related to that. Honestly...there's just some stuff in my head that's been worrying me with everything that's happened recently for some time now that I need to relay to you.

I'll be there soon, so be sure to have some of that delicious hot chocolate ready ok? I love you.

Calrex

With that Calrex leapt off of the rock, looking back at the Grand Blade on his back, another sigh escaping his lips.

"I really do hope she'll be willing to open up...it seems like she lose a lot of the initial happiness when we first became a couple. Like Xanatos would say it's like a darkness is building inside her..."

He reached up and gently grasped the small glass ball of the Ocean's Defense as he resolved himself, "If that truly is the case, and she won't let me inside, there's only really one thing I can think of doing at this point. If I am a light for her, one normally only strong enough to keep my own darkness at bay...then I'll burn twice as bright...twice as fierce, and push her darkness back."

As those words passed through his head he could hear the logical side of himself remind of the idea that a candle that burns twice as bright only lasts half as long. Calrex gave a small smile, unwavering, "Burning half as long...that doesn't matter to me. If I can bring back a smile to her face, then I'll push myself as far as I am able."

HP List

Calrex: 70/79 (+1 HP from Passive Recovery)

Before Calrex entered the cave once again he swiped through his menu, pulling up the item Snowfrost. It was one of two that he had received from his trip times going on the <<Avalanche>> quest. He gave a small sigh as he recalled both times. The first was when he fully unleashed the cold persona in combat, drawing the Grand Blade after refraining from using it for such a long time. The second was when he accompanied Teayre in defeating the field boss once again, and the time when they lost Beleram. He shook his head as the lights in his eyes dimmed a little bit more before he selected it, the small salve appearing in his hand. With that he quickly brushed it onto the Grand Chariot, the deep sea blue armor seeming to take in the salve as it seemed to turn slightly frosty, like ice freezing over a lake.

With that he gave a calming breath, feeling the resolved determination rushing inside of him like a raging storm as he grasped the Grand Blade's hilt.

"Burning...heh, no I'm nothing akin to a flame. Teayre's always referred to me like I was a reflection of the ocean. If that's the case, then this guardian of fire will stand no chance...okay now I'm just sounding too weird..."

With that he entered back into the Inferno Cavern, the roar of Cerberus echoing through its depths.

HP List
Calrex: 71/79 (+1 HP from Passive Recovery)

Snowfrost used. All Burn Damage halved for upcoming battle

OOC: Same as with the Worn Out Welcome quest I'll post the range of IDs, with the first being Calrex's BD  and CD with the first head's MD. Following head attacks are under the other ID's MDs.

ID: 18688-18690

Battle Dice: 8

Craft Dice: 8

Mob Dice 1: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

Mob Dice 2: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

Mob Dice 3: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

As Calrex made his way down through the cavern at great speed the Snowfrost seemed to help with the heat for a little bit as he didn't feel the effect of the overheating warmth seeping through the Grand Chariot. After making his way down through each "floor" he eventually arrived at a large room. Across from where he emerged he saw Cerberus, just like it was in so many myths, a three headed dog which was enrobed in flames. The menacing appearance of the field boss didn't phase him, Calrex's dimmed eyes locked on the monster as he grasped the Grand Blade. "Hope you're ready. I'm I start my attack, I won't let up for a second until you're dead."

Almost immediately after speaking Calrex used his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly close the distance between him and Cerberus. The first head, dead center, stretched down as it snapped at him. Just like in his visualization training Calrex's left hand came forward, shining with the yellow glow of his <<Martial Arts>> skill as he thrust his hand forward, slamming it into the head's chin. The strike slowed its momentum, but it still send some feedback to his arm from the sheer size. However the feedback activated the Grand Chariot's Thorns ability as the head became pelted with chain shards.

Immediately following his interrupting strike Calrex drew the Grand Blade as he angled his body so that his arm came around in a vertical arc, cutting the side of the first head's cheek. His focus then switched as he heard a growl getting louder, looking behind him to see the second head, the furthest right, coming forward to try and chomp down on him. He leapt up, the head missing as he landed on top of it, leaping up to try and strike the first head again. However, before he could the third head came up, the head catching Calrex's arm in its grip. As he began to wail on the head he could feel the heat growing on his arm as he finally kicked it loose, looking down to see some flames, taking note of the Burn status next to his HP. As well he noticed the bite seemed to actually bypass the Grand Chariot's defenses. It reminded him of when he fought the Snowy Beast in the <<Essence of Steel>> quest.

"Again with the flames. Also it seems on a critical strike it's capable of bypassing my armor. Got it."

HP List

Calrex: 65/79 (+2 Burn Damage / 2 Snowfrost = +1 Burn Damage)

Enemies:

Cerberus Head 1: 20/30 (+1 Thorns)

Cerberus Head 2: 30/30

Cerberus Head 3: 30/30

ID: 18699-18701

Battle Dice: 1

Craft Dice: 1 (1 Damage)

Mob Dice 1: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

Mob Dice 2: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

Mob Dice 3: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

As the battle continued it seemed that the heads had become more fierce after the critical blow Calrex had done to the first head. As he prepared for an attack to come it seemed the head executed a different maneuver. The second and third heads came at him from both sides, attempting to bite him. Seeing the attacks coming he leapt up, but as he did the third head reached up and clamped around his leg. Calrex delivered a series of punches to get the head to release, but his attacks fell short as the head slammed him back to the ground.

Almost immediately as he hit the ground Calrex kicked up, the Grand Blade in a reverse grip, "Never let up the pressure. Continue to beat them back down..."

He gave a long calming breath as he used his <<Sprint>> ability to rush back in.

HP List

Calrex: 58/79 (+1 Burn Damage)

Enemies:

Cerberus Head 1: 20/30

ID: 18708-18710

Battle Dice: 10 (+2 Damage)

Craft Dice: 7

Mob Dice 1: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice 2: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

Mob Dice 3: 3 (Evasion +1) = 2

As Calrex quickly closed the distance once again the Grand Blade lit alight with a light blue hue. At the same time his free hand lit alight with the bright yellow glow of his <<Martial Arts>> skill as he got into striking range. At the same time the second head quickly reacted as its head shot forward, biting down on Calrex's free arm. While Calrex was pinned by the attack the first head came forward and bit into the area between his neck and his shoulder. His helmet kept a stoic expression, but underneath Calrex closed an eye as he winced, but then as his eyes dimmed to almost dark he gritted his teeth as he wrenched his free arm free, slamming it into the first head's area where the upper and lower jaw were connected, forcing the mouth open.

Once he was released he gave a quick exhale as he thrust the Grand Blade forward, impaling the first head in the throat with a reverse grip. Immediately following that his free arm, glowing yellow, slammed into the end of the hilt, the impact forcing the blade even further in before Calrex turned 180 degrees, bringing the blade upwards as he wrenched it out, dealing a rising slash at the same time.

He quickly whirled around, turning to face the monster once again, taking not of the first head falling into the one-hit range of health. At the same time he retrieved the Recovery Crystal II he had bought from Mari. With a swift clenching of his fist the crystal shattered, the effect activating as the green crystals surrounded him like slowly falling rain. Not wasting a second to heal up he immediately pressed his advance.

"Not even for a second...I will eliminate you."

HP List

Calrex: 58/79 (+2 Burn Damage / 2 Snowfrost = +1 Burn Damage)

Enemies:

Cerberus Head 1: 9/30

ID: 18889

Battle Dice: 7

Craft Dice: 5 (1 Damage)

Mob Dice 1: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

Mob Dice 3: 3 (Evasion +1) = 2

Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 6

Immediately after Calrex healed he used his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly rush into striking range of Cerberus he gave a deep calming breath as the heads closed in on him, homing in like three snakes converging on a single target. His eyes quickly scanned the rate of speed each head was moving in, his mind quickly breaking down the order as he used his <<Acrobatics>> skill to leap up. As the first head bit down where Calrex once was he leapt up and landed on its snout, looking over as the second head came from the left as it tried to chomp down just above the first head. Calrex repeated the maneuver as he landed on top of the second. As the third came its mouth opened earlier than the others, preparing to chomp down on Calrex.

He turned and gave a fierce gaze at the third head as he turned, kicking off of the second head as he angled his body so that his legs came first. As he got into close range he kicked forward, using his feet to bounced off the third head's snout as he leapt high into the air. As he reached the apex of his jump his eyes immediately locked down on the first head, which was still recovering from its failed attack. As he descended Calrex twirled the Grand Blade into  reverse grip as he brought it over his head, his free hand forward as if he were using it to aim like the front sight of a rifle. With each feet he built up more and more momentum until he got into striking range.

With powerful force he brought the Grand Blade down in top of the first head, landing as it he were extracting a sword from a stone. As the first head's HP dropped to zero it fell still before bursting into crystals. With its destruction Calrex dropped back to the ground, the Grand Blade still held in a reverse grip as he quickly whirled around and faced the two remaining heads, preparing to use his <<Sprint>> ability once again.

Loot List

1 Material

HP List

Calrex: 56/79 

Enemies:

Cerberus Head 1: 0/30

OOC: Accidentally did three rolls O_O. Since the first head was the one that just died I'll ignore the first ID and apply rolls from the latter two.

ID: 18984-18986 (ID 18984 ignored. Actual range is 18985-18986)

Battle Dice: 4

Craft Dice: 12

Mob Dice 1: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

Mob Dice 2: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

As Calrex rushed in once again he aimed for the second head as he leapt upwards. It seemed, however, that the third head was already expecting him to target that part as it raised the right paw of the beast and slashed Calrex's leg. It was enough to halt his jump's flight, but also triggered his armor's Thorns ability as the aura chains surrounded the struck leg before exploding and pelting the third head with shards.

While this transpired the second head had taken the opportunity to chomp down on Calrex's shoulder, the critical hit ignoring the damage absorption of the Grand Chariot. Calrex winced underneath the stoic face of his helmet as the head hurled him away back towards the entrance to the room.

"Reorienting..."

He quickly flipped so that his legs were facing the ground as he leaned forward, sliding as his feet touched the ground. He stabbed his sword into the ground to halt his slide as he gave a calming breath. Using his <<Sprint>> ability once again, he used the Grand Blade almost like a catapult to hurl himself back forward.

HP List

Calrex: 50/79 (+2 Burn / 2 Snowfrost = +1 Burn)

Enemies:

Cerberus Head 3: 29/30 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 18995

Battle Dice: 8

Craft Dice: 4 (1 Damage)

Mob Dice 1: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice 2: 2 (Evasion +1) = 1

As Calrex speedily closed the distance between him and Cerberus once again his eyes locked onto the third head, which had received the Thorns damage in retaliation from its previous attack. He gave a long calming breath as his eyes dimmed just short of losing all light as felt the determination inside him whirling around like a storm. Even with the heat of the cavern beating down on him he continued unfalteringly, as if he had lost all care of minor damage to himself.

As he got into striking range the second head shot over and bit down on his arm as Calrex made note of the persistent burn damage. He clenched his free arm as the <<Martial Arts>> skill activated as he shot the arm further in, as if he were punching the head in the throat. This tactic was not much unlike the advice many people give when you're arm supposedly getting eaten by an anaconda. The tactic appeared to work as the head opened its jaws, releasing him. At the same time Calrex leapt over to the third head as he delivered a slash across its muzzle, landing within striking range.

"I need to continue the assault and keep up the pressure. Once is already down, so I just have to continue the attack."

HP List

Calrex: 44/79 (+1 Burn)

Enemies:

Cerberus Head 3: 20/30

ID: 19012-19013

Battle Dice: 6

Craft Dice: 6

Mob Dice 1: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

Immediately after completing his thought Calrex whirled around and rushed in again. This time it seemed the heads were not prepared for his sudden advance as each head moved in to try and snap at him. As the teeth closed in on Calrex it seemed like time had slowed, since he could easily maneuver around each head. The second one came first as it tried to snap from underneath the third head before the third head tried to snap at him from above. Each one fell far short of the mark as Calrex leapt up and stabbed the Grand Blade into the third head, hanging from it.

As he hung from his sword his eyes scanned around as he kept his eyes on the second head, making sure it wasn't capable of snapping at him while he prepared for his next attack.

HP List

Calrex: 43/79

Enemies:

Cerberus Head 3: 11/30

ID: 19030-19031

Battle Dice: 6

Craft Dice: 2 (1 Damage)

Mob Dice 1: 1 (Evasion +1) = 0

Mob Dice 2: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

After confirming the second head wasn't able to attack him Calrex swung upwards, wrenching the Grand Blade from the third head before landing on top of it. He gave a calming breath lowered his stance, bringing his arms forward before bringing them. From one view he almost looked like a blue demon preparing to destroy the ground it stood on.

As he flipped the Grand Blade into a reverse grip he unleashed a barrage of punches, his free hand glowing with the <<Martial Arts>> ability while his sword arm slammed into the head using the hilt guard of his sword. After ten punches he leapt up and did a 360 spin, slamming his free arm in a final punch.

Seeing the head's HP drop just shy of zero Calrex's eyes narrowed as he focused, "One more strike..."

HP List

Calrex: 42/79

Enemies:

Cerberus Head 3: 2/30