[PP-F9] ((PM for Invite)) Night Life on Floor 9 (Clarence, Rusty, Kiru, Kotori)

"Oy, its a lot hotter up here than I expected." Jomei said, as he unequipped his leather jacket, and back into his usual yellow sleeveless shirt and brown scarf. Vulcan Village was what this area was called, and the heat was account of the volcano that rested below the town. Jomei had never been to this part of Aincrad before. The only reason he ventured up this far was because a group of girls down on the second floor heard him playing his lute, and invited him to their player owned tavern in this town to entertain some guests. A night of music and drinking? Jomei was perfectly fine with that. 

After his night in the tavern, he walked out with two other women laughing. His face had a little bit of a blush to it, despite alcohol not being as strong as in the real world. "Aye, it was a pleasure to meet you ladies." He bowed in front of them, holding one of their hands. "I will be sure to visit again." 

He walked off, smiling happily. He still had his lute in his hands, which he was playing an Irish tune, while humming a long with what seemed to be the words to the song. 

As my body materialized in front of the telepoartation gate I was greeted by an unwanted rush of heat. "Floor 9..." I said with a disgusted tone. Out of all the floors in Aincrad this was probably one of my least favorite places to come. For obvious reasons I was constantly irritated by this specific floor. First of all it was hot. Not just in the day time but at night as well even though the sun was not present. I traveled up to this floor twice and I hated both of my times due to the blistering heat beaming upon my ghostly pale skin. Not only that but there was a lack of newer players, so the stuck up high leveled players like myself were always occupying this floor and taking advantage of everything around. Yes, there are powerful people running around up here but most of them either got in my way or were too rude for me to handle. The last reason why this place wasn't my favorite is the architecture; all metal suspended above a volcano. It was plain, nothing beautiful to it really. If there wasn't anything here I liked then I wouldn't come all this way, but there was one thing that always intrigued me. During the night time in the town I liked to go to a tall building, sit on the roof and look down at the lava below. I would alternate between sleeping, staring at the molten rocks, and mostly stargazing. This had become a routine for me ever since Keith disappeared. He loved looking at the stars, and now so did I.

I wiped the small formation of sweat from my palms onto my clothes. I altered my appearance before coming to Floor 9 so I wouldn't burn to death like last time. Instead of a dress and such I wore a pair of shorts and a regular undershirt with no sleeves. Under my shorts I had on a pair of black tights with my same boots. I had no armor on and my dagger was stashed away in my inventory. I didn't like being armed when I had no where to actually put my weapons. The biggest change though way my hair. It was in a ponytail, pushing all of my hair out of my face and eyes. The white and black half's equally mixed and pulled into a sleek hair tie. After wiping the back of my hands I stepped forward and began walking through the town towards the center. The highest building rose above all the others, just by a few feet though. From a distance I heard laughing but ignored it and pushed further.

Rusty gave a light sigh as his head rested quietly on his right hand as he sat on a bench. Nothing was new in his little world of complete boredom and utter loneliness. It was something he was used to and probably would be used to until he died so nobody could ever find him complaining or whining about it. Tonight was different however as he had found himself stating the wrong floor number upon stating it while entering the teleportation gate and then winded up in this wreck of a town. He hated heights more than anything else in the world and he was getting anxious about the looming death that awaited the town if the metal cables holding it up were to snap. It was just unbearable to imagine and he didn't want to get anywhere near the borders of the town so he kept his frowny self seated in the middle of town. Hopefully when the morning comes he could possibly give Col to somebody in exchange for their teleport crystals so he could leave the place.

It was just quiet now around the area and he felt like it should stay that. A couple of things kept bothering Rusty, but it wasn't enough to act on it. Something just felt lacking in him and it was odd. He didn't have the urge to argue or fight anymore, to the point where he thought it being his inner consciousness juet deciding to give up. He decided to give up as well and just stay quiet. That's when two things came upon his senses. First it was laughter and then it was the person who was walking by him, a girl. Kiru. She looked different and seemed lest volatile. Her hair was tied up, something that didn't seem like something she cared about. He didn't want to approach anybody, but he was still willing to talk. Rusty felt that if she decided it was worth her time to talk to him, she'll do it. He wasn't going to start anythong anymore.

The town was high and was raised in front of Clarence as he materialized into the Floor, something he didn't do often. "Floor 9, been a while." Clarence sighed and removed his jacket, releasing some of the heat the was weighing him down as he started to traverse the floor of hot barren desert to some where, where people actually live. The night time coollness did help with the heat, but didn't help enough to make Clarence want to be on this floor for long periods of time. It being quiet on this floor was new and strange to Clarence, usually it was lively. { Maybe because Floor 10 opened, everyone can't wait to explore that floor and learn everything about it. Even though Floor 11 should be open soon } Clarence smiled lightly, they were finally progressing in this game.

Clarence arrived to town and sat down on the bench, wiping some sweat from his brow as he looked around, only NPC's and few players we scattered around this floor, osmething relaxing to stay for a bit. { Maybe some where I could take Skylar. Hot like the waterfall date but not as humid. } Clarence thought as he looked around, wiping his hair back and relaxing. {  Hopefully something happens soon. I'm terribly bored. }

Jomei put his lute away, he was tired of playing for the day. Had done enough of that all day. He hooked the lute to his belt and walked on. He decided to go sightseeing. Looking at the town, he felt it was very... Threatening. Especially with the dark night sky. Almost looked like a stereotypical boss's lair. Thats when the heat hit him again. "Ugh.." He unbuttoned the top buttons of his shirt "this extreme heat is too much for me.."

Despite how hot it was from all of the lava, seeing the volcano below the city was something he really wanted to see. He began walking around the town frantically trying to find some sort of way to look over the walls of the city. Thats when he say a tall building, enough to see over. "Perfect." He said with a grin, as he ran into the building.

He made his way to the top of the tall building, once opening the door to the roof, he ran over to the edge and looked over. "..sweet.. Mary n' joseph.." He whispered softly to himself in disbelief of the waves of lava he saw.

I continued to walk, avoiding eye contact with anyone. I was often told that I never smiled, that I always scowled. Obviously I didn't care but right now I didn't have the time nor energy to fully glare at someone if needed. I walked through the town, slower than usual, until I saw the massive tower. The tall metal structure wasn't a very pretty thing to look at but once I was up there everything would change. The view would be magnificent, the people would be tiny and unnoticeable, and the town would be no more. The only thing up there would be me, alone to think about Keith. A smile crept along my face as I paused to examine it. Based on the height it would be a pain to climb all the way up the stairs. Even that in mind I closed my eyes and turned to my right. The first thing I laid eyes on was no one other than Rusty. He was staring at me. I swallowed and tightened my ponytail. Instead of glaring I kept a straight face and raised my eyebrows at him as if I were to be saying "What?" 

After a few moments of staring I clenched my hands into fists and walked over to Rusty. He wasn't my enemy per say but I wouldn't really call him a friend either. I could sympathize for him, with him, but there was no real relationship established between him and I. I sighed and sat down next to him. Normally I wouldn't give anyone the light of day, approach them for the matter, but tonight was different. Rusty and I had met when he and a few others interuppted my thoughts. It wasn't pleasant at the time to be disturbed but now I was a bit more calm with him. Without really thinking I turned to look at his face. "Oi, wanna go up there with me?" I pointed up to the top of the tower. "It's a pretty nice view, like the ocean but orange. Think of it as an ocean of flames..." I chuckled slightly and wiped the sweat off my forehead. 

Rusty looked at Kiru with an upraised brow on her forehead, surprised at what had just happened. She wasn't one to be social at all and to actually go out of her way and speak to him with no provoking whatsoever on his part. She must have changed a lot since the last time he had seen and he done so as well so he couldn't blame anything on her sudden personality change. However he did decide to take mental notes about how she was behaving because it could help later on should things go wrong. Of course he would've liked to stay on the bench where he felt reasonably safe from the impending death that loomed beneath the airborne city, but he had nothing better to do in the first place.

Instead of dwelling on his own fate at hands of the fiery lave below, Rusty decided to actually put in some imput towards the question that Kiru had asked him. He ended up deciding to go in the end simply because of no reason in particular. "S-sure.. I'm up for a little adventure." He answered with a quiet tone in a voice. He didn't feel as hot as it seemed she was considering she was wiping away sweat from her skin. Maybe he was just resistant to that type of temperature or hadn't been exposed to it long enough to feel its effects. Still, he felt himself growing warmer by the minute.