[PP-F1] [Complete] Kill Your Worries (Jomei)

The central plaza of the starting city was as busy as ever. Ever since the tragic day of Kayaba's announcement and the sealing of their fate, many players have resigned to just living within the first floor. Others immediately moved on. Wanting to clear floors as soon as possible. Then there was Lancelot. While she wanted to gain strength and move up the floors, she knew she couldn't do it alone. She needed help and though she was too proud to admit it, she knew it was true.

Brushing past the seemingly endless spectators, Lancelot made her way to the exit gate. There she paused. Turning on her heel, she posted herself against the post leading to the fields. There she would wait for a passerby that would be willing to lend her a hand. It didn't necessarily have to be combat, any knowledge would do.

It had been awhile since Jomei had moved on from the first floor. He did not keep track of the time so he wasn't sure just how long it was. He had been out searching for materials to create new instruments for his shop in the woods. Only having a lute to strum on would get boring eventually, despite how much he loves it. After a successful search in the forests of the first floor, he was making his way back to the first floor's warp gate. A confident look on his face as he looked around at the fields. He watched the boars that inherited the fields give low level players a hard time. He sighed as he watched as they struggled. He wished he could help them all if he could. 

As he reached the outskirts of town, he found the broken down wagon that he usually sat on to relax. He climbed the still attached wheel and took a seat, looking out at the scenery. 

Seconds turned to minutes as Lancelot waited for any one person to come to or through the gate. No one seemed interested in passing through. Having grown tired of waiting, she quickly pushed herself from the post and turned to face the grasslands that laid ahead. Taking a deep breath, she forced an exhale as she placed a foot outside the safe zone. Her other foot soon followed suit. One after another, her steps led her all the way into the fields. Luckily there were no boars around. She observed the area. Grass covered most of the floor save for a few bushes and cluster of flowers here and there. Sighing, she thought to herself, well that certainly wasn't as bad as I thought. I should've done this ages ago.

As Jomei sat on his wagon, he saw a head of dark hair walk by him. He turned to watch her walk by. Oh, I didnt even see her there.. He thought to himself as he watched the girl exit the safe zone. He looked her up and down, noticing she had no armor and a basic sword. Hm, must be one of her first times going out there. He smirked and vaulted himself off of the wagon. Stretching his arms, he said "Guess break times over." 

He made his way over to stand behind the girl, his unruly auburn hair and gray coat gently swaying in the breeze. He stood about half a foot over her. She hadn't noticed him walk up yet. With a light chuckle, he said to the girl. "You look a little hesitant to go out there." He spoke in a low, subtle Irish accent. He crossed his arms in front of him.

A sudden voice cracked the air of silence. Lancelot turned around to the sight of a fairly tall male player. Decent stature, disheveled auburn hair, and creepy approaches to boot. Her hand found the scabbard of her blade and rested it there as she greeted the player in front of her. "Hesitant ? Maybe so, but I'm out here and I'm honestly disappointed with how tame this area is. Though I should remain cautious. Especially when others like to prowl about and prey on innocent girls."

Jomei gave out a laugh and pat her shoulder. "Oh relax." He said standing up straight. "Trust me, if I wanted to prey on you, I would have done it." He looked down toward their feet. "I mean, you are out of the safe zone and all... But I'm nothing you should worry about." He was not threatened or concerned in the slightest that the girls hand was on her sword, with a face that he could see was considering cutting the chatter short with her blade. "So like I said, relax."

"That's not reassuring," she stated as she moved her hand from her blade. She looked around briefly, taking mental notes of where a few boars had recently spawned and the count of players around them. Gazing up a the newcomer, Lancelot stepped forward and offered her hand. "Lancelot is the name. Yours would be?" She inquired as she awaited his handshake. He seems harmless enough. Polite I suppose and his accent. Irish was it? Interesting...

Jomei smiled at the girl. He had finally gotten some sort of trust. "Lancelot, eh? Been meeting a number of girls named after medieval knights lately." He shook her hand. "Jomei's the name, pleasure to meet you." 

He looked out at the field just as she had. "So, judging by how willing you were to cut me at the legs, I'm guessing you're itchin' for combat." He raised his eyebrow and grinned. "Id be more than happy to help you with that much."  He rested his arm on the handle of his rapier. 

"And here I thought I was being unique. But I suppose given the the game we're in, that names like Lancelot, Galahad, Percival and the sort would be taken."  Lancelot did a small curtsy. She followed his eyes back out to the fields and observed. As he mentioned combat, she grinned slightly. "It's not that I was eager per say but rather I was ready to defend myself haha." Shae admitted as small giggle escaped her lips. Running a hand through her long, near knee length hair, Lancelot gave it a thought before finally deciding. "Better sooner than later. Show me the ropes Jomei."

Jomei gave her a teasing bow "As you wish, Sir Lancelot." He ended by unsheathing his rapier. As he held it up, a glimmer of gold ran across the blade. He then brought it back to rest on his shoulder. "Onwards!." The two of them walked down towards the fields, where the boars roamed. He was honestly pretty tired from finding mats all morning, but he didn't mind showing another person what they need to survive. "Now, you know about using your sword skill, right?" He cocked his head slightly when asking her this. 

"That's Madam Lancelot to you, " she giggled in response. She watched as he drew his blade, a rapier and beckoned her forward. Drawing her own sword, she followed. The fields were mostly barren. The boars she noted earlier seemed to only want to graze on the grass that never stopped growing. The man before seemed a little sluggish. His body not as chipper as his personality. Not wanting to call him out, she kept the thought to herself and continued to follow him. 

A question escaped his lips and for once Lancelot blushed a bit in response. "I haven't the slightest idea about sword arts. I think I read about them. There is an infinite amount of them if I recall correctly, but aside from that, nothing, " she admitted.

((... the hells that supposed to mean?! xD))

He gave her a reassuring smile. "No need to be embarrassed about it, I had no idea when I first tried to fight as well.. Almost got myself killed." He led Lancelot to a lone boar. It was smaller than the other ones, must have been a piglet. "Heres a good place to start." He swung his sword to the side and looked forward at the boar. The silver blade began to glow gold, like sunlight. "It should feel natural, using your sword skill." 

Before she even knew it, with incredible speed, Jomei had gone straight through the boar. The boar dissipated into data.

He turned to her and smiled. "Give it a shot." He held up his shield and smacked it with his hand, and then held it with two hands. 

((No need to do rolls or anything, its just for role-play sake))

A small grin crept from her lips as Jomei explained that there was nothing to be ashamed of. He led them to a boar. This one of smaller stature than most. Probably a level one or level two boar. She thought. He demonstrated an art and quickly dispatched the boar before them. Crystal floated through the air and the glow of his blade subsided. "A natural feeling eh?" She held her blade high. Pointing it towards the gleaming sun. Allowing her am to relax briefly, she felt the blade vibrate in a way. Looking above her, the blade shimmered a crimson color. She could feel the energy building up and once it felt full, she brought the blade down. Sparks flew as it clashed with the shield. She staggered back a bit, as the shield deflected her attack but was happy nonetheless. "Like that?" she inquired. 

Jomei himself staggered a bit. The girl was strong. He looked from behind the shield and smiled. "Couldn't have done it better myself." He put his shield back on his back. "Seems like you're getting the hang of it." He smirked, "But just because you can use the skill, doesn't always mean you know how to use the sword." He watched as the piglet respawned again, this time a little farther than it was before. He crossed his arms. "So.. me or the boar." He gave her a mischievous grin. He wanted to test her actual combat skills. If she chose the boar, she would back her up. Make sure that if things got hairy, he would get her out of the situation. If she chose him, he wouldn't attack her, only test her to see her skills. 

Lancelot grinned. Her attack seemed stronger than she imagined. His praise only boosted her confidence. Though she knew she was still limited. The sound of respawning alerted her to the little pig's return to the floor just a little further up ahead. Jomei then asked her whether she wanted to battle the boar or battle him. Looking at the pig, she figured it had to be terribly weak.  However what better way to learn the basics.

"That little boar seems easy enough. I'll try my luck against it first." Gripping her blade, she dashed forward towards the boar. Raising her blade high once more, she waited for the feeling from before. However, it never came. Changing plans, she averted her attack altogether and got on the defensive. Well that was a bust. I'll get it for sure next time.

[18493] BD: 1 Miss

Lancelot: 11/11

Baby Boar: 3/3

(OOC: I'm in no rush to gain Col or loot yet so I made the boar frighteningly weak for obvious reasons. It will also attack at the start of my next turn!)

Jomei chuckled. He remembered his first time fighting a boar. He didnt even charge in like she did, he waited for it to come to him. He was so scared of getting killed at a low level back then. But he has gotten stronger and he knew it. Now just a matter of passing it on to the next player. "You'll do better next time. Just try focusing on your attack, don't rush it." She was getting the hang of it really quick. He smiled.

Jomei's words of encouragement allowed her to focus on the task at hand. Watching the boar rush her, she waited for it to come just close enough so that it couldn't change course. She side stepped it's charge as it went flying by her. Going on the offensive, she slashed her blade diagonally across the boar only to realize that she had missed completely. Her aim was off and it was showing. "Tch. This isn't a positive showing but it is learning nonetheless. I'll hit it next time for sure," she whispered to herself.

[18507] BD: 1

MD: 3

Lancelot: 11/11

Baby Boar: 3/3

The baby boar grunted as it hooves dug into the ground. Preparing for an obvious charge, Lancelot readied herself for another dodge. The beast ran straight for her. She waited for the right moment just as she did before. When the boar neared, she quickly stepped left, but was surprised to see the boar had lifted its tusk in attempt to follow her and it succeeded. Staggering back briefly, Lancelot gritted her teeth, and retaliated. Her blade leaving a red crescent across the boar's body. Smirking she realized this is the first point of damage she's ever dealt. "Two more solid hits like that and I  might take it out haha!"

[18530] BD: 7

MD: 8

Lancelot: 10/11 (-1)

Baby Boar: 2/3 (-1)