[PP-F2] Dinner then a little coup <<Long Live the Queen>> (Meokka) [COMPLETE]

Ssendom stretched as he reached the Quest Board, "Well wouldn't hurt to nab a quest before Dinner." He said to himself feeling more comfortable standing infront of the board. As he finished stretching he leaned his left arm crossing his body as his right elbow leaned on it hand on his chin with a finger stretched diagonally across his mouth reading over the quests.

He saw one that caught his eye, 'Long Live the Queen, Hmm... Could be interesting. If only I could read it without the quests sloppily slapped on the board and being behind other quests.' He thought in a slightly annoyed mannerism. He reached over and pulled the paper off the board.

"Hmm, Kill the Wasp Queen on Floor two. You will receive the Matriarch's Stinger... A concoction that improves your damage by one in poison for a short duration. That sounds like fun, I've always wanted to perform a Coup. I'll go ask Meo-chan if she'll want to do it too." He happily cheers as he folds the paper, he drops the HUD with his left hand and puts it in his inventory page. He messaged Meokka. "So you ready for dinner? And I have a question for you."

Guest Meokka

She was out shopping and then paused. She looked through her HUD and opened up the message she got. She smiled seeing it was from Sen-sama. She read it over a few times. She wondered what the question was. She hoped it wasn't anything dire. She started typing away.

<<To: Ssendom >>

Oh, that's right we were going to have dinner. Would you mind a picnic someplace? I went shopping already for food. I didn't get drinks though, So if you can bring some water or something if you want a drink. Where should I meet you?

<< From: Meokka >>

A message symbol appeared in his HUD, he dropped his menu then pressed the button. He read what Meokka had sent then proceeded to type away in response to Meokka smiling the whole way.

<<To: Meokka>>

'Hmm A picnic... That sounds great! Would make everything afterwards a lot simpler. How about we meet up on the mountain tops on the second floor, One of the larger ones with a prairie on top. How does that sound? And I can supply the water no problem. If you need reimbursement or if you'd like me to pick up anything else don't hesitate to ask. See you soon.'

<<From: Ssendom>>

He took a sigh of relief, 'Man, if anyone else were to think about it seriously... This would totally be a date... Is it a date? I wonder if she see's it that way, or if it's just a gather of friends.' He began to ponder a storm in his head, 'I will just wait to see how she acts, it'll make things a lot simpler.' He then dismissed any idea's that would appear in his head about the picnic "date" he had with Meokka. Then gleefully continued walking his way on.

Guest Meokka

She read where to meet and took off like a shot. As she ran she left desk in her path. With her >>athletics<< skill, she could just keep running without loosing breath. She jumped into a warp and when she spawned out of it she kept running towards the mountain. She took the long way, a winding running path.

Almost there.

Once at the top she tried to skid to a halt. She could only imagen what a run like that would be like if she also had the sprint ability. She stretched a bit and then let herself drop. She didn't even feel winded. That was really useful. She opened up her HUD and reread the note.

<<To: Ssendom>>

I'm here already. Sent me an invite to find me. Unless you want me to haunt you down. I was testing out my athletics skill. I can go another round of running if I have to. I'll be waiting for your reply.

<<Meokka>>

Ssendom had just exited the Teleportation gate as he saw Meokka spawn through and blitz toward the location given. "Well... She doesn't hesitate a moment's notice to get somewhere." He laughs pretty loudly then continues walking. after a few seconds of walking he gets a message symbol on his HUD again, he brings and down and reads it then begins to laugh some more.

<<To: Meokka>>

'No worries, you shot like a dart past me. Very nice on gaining the Athletics skill, I'm just a few minutes away from the location. Go ahead and lay out the picnic. I won't be much longer. See you soon.'

<<From: Ssendom>>

He types while he continues walk. After he finishes typing he closes the menu and begins looking around. "You know, now that I think about it. The second floor looks rather gorgeous... If this is what I am to expect of pretty landscapes, I can wait to see the rugged and evil looking lands. This will be a swell picnic, Can't wait to sink my blade into that Wasp Queen though." He smiles as he talks to himself. He clears his throat after a few seconds then picks up his pace. "I shouldn't keep her waiting then, I hate being known as the person who takes too long to get there." He mentions again to himself.

After a few minutes pass he arrives at the specified location he gave Meokka, "Hey there Meo-chan. Sorry to keep you waiting, I was enjoying the scenery." He looks over the edge of the mountain he had chosen for them to see a gorgeous array of valleys and mountain tops. "It's times like this you realize this Death Game is just an amazing adventure that you could never before have taken." He says with a relaxed and calm tone.

Guest Meokka

She raised her hand in the air watching him. She smiled a bit and waved him over.

"Hey Sen-sama!" she waved. "I went to the market, I hope you don't mind fish. Apparently it gives stat boosts. I also checked out what the merchant had to offer too. So we better be taking out a whole floor today. So I hope it tastes good." She actually wasn't sure at all. She did have this strange feeling though when she bought it. "If it's a bust after the floor we'll just have a normal dinner to get the taste out......" She really had no idea what fish in a MMO would be like.

She opened up her inventory and brought everything out.

1 Iron Stomach: + 1 BD per Thread (Fish)

Name: Fried Fish Skins:  +1 BD Per Thread (Fish)

(2) Field Rations - Grants +2 MAX HP for duration of a thread

"So basically we each get a fish food item and a field ration. Take your pick."

After Meokka waves him down he walks over and sits next to her. "Are you kidding me, I love fish! Especially when you have lemons to squeeze over them, that makes it even better." He begins shifting his upper body side to side with an extremely happy face thinking about fish, "Still it is good without lemons." He randomly gets a chill down his spine after mentioning not needed lemons, but doesn't stop his side to side shifting and returns to a happy mindset.

As she brings the fish out his eyes immediately get glued to the Iron Stomach, "That Iron Stomach looks incredibly good." He clears his voice, "You choose first, you obtained the fish. I couldn't choose first in this scenario." He says ushering her to choose first, he drops his menu and brings out the water in nice glasses. "Sorry I didn't get anything better than water. I hope you don't mind."

He lays back staring at the Night Starry sky, "My god this view, I am happy we chose to hold this date." He slipped saying but didn't notice due to the awh of the Night Sky.

Guest Meokka

"With lemon pepper and onion like how Gran makes. I really miss salmon. Maybe they taste like salmon." one could only hope. "When I went into the shop the smell was pretty overbearing, but like this it doesn't seem so bad." maybe it was because he seemed so eager.

She handed him the iron stomach and a field ration. Then started to eat her friend fish skins. It was more like chips. That was rather interesting.

"Huh.....Not what I expected. I'ts not bad." 

She actually didn't mind the crunchiness of it. She then opened up her field ration not expecting too much for some reason. She doubted it was like a REAL field ration. Yet when she opened it she just stared at the white rice, rice with red beans, mixed rice with meat and vegetables, fried rice, curried rice pilaf, rice with green peas, or rice with wild herbs) plus 2-3 supplementary pouches. Main meal pouches contain: hamburger patties, frankfurters, beef curry, grilled chicken, Chinese meatballs, Sweet and Sour pork, grilled salmon, Yakitori chicken, mackerel in ginger sauce, chicken and vegetables, and tuna. Also included are pouches of pickled vegetables (yellow radish, red cabbage, Takana pickles, pickled hari-hari, or bamboo shoots) or salad (potato salad or tuna salad) and instant miso soup. Because it was a MMO instead of having to use any pull tabs or anything it just came out ready as soon as she opened it.

"Woah!" her eyes went wide.

She was so gobsmacked by it she almost missed Sen-sama's statement. Her head turned so fast she almost had whiplash. This was a date.Well, maybe that's why she got so worked up over it. She didn't have enough time to even think. She then looked up at the stars. They wouldn't need night vision with all the star light and moon light tonight. That was good.

Here she thought she was too old for dating. Guess you're never too old. Wait, or was she? How old was Sen-sama?! She looked over at him.

"How old are you.....Before I get my hopes up on this being a date...." she didn't want to ruin the moment but she wanted to make sure.

She met some pretty convincing teens in her life time. 

"Yeah, Lemon pepper and I'd perfer Garlic to onion personally. Yeah, I miss salmon too... we can only hope it does taste like it." He sat up and looked at her "Really, was it a sort of good kind of overbearing? I haven't really been to any cooks stores to bask in the glory of the smells. Maybe I'll do that some time." He reminisces of the smells in the other world.

She then passed him the Iron Stomach and one of the field rations, he then clapped his hands together "Itadakimatsu!" He pulled 2 things of chop sticks out of his pouch and handed her one set then listened to the glorious sound of the crunch of the Fried Fish skins, the saliva began to build up in his mouth he felt as he was about to drool at the sound. He then grabbed some of the fish meat on his chop sticks and put it in his mouth, the taste was something he hadn't experienced in a long time since he had only munched on bread. The taste far beyond anything he was imagining to this point and more, he could almost squeal.

He followed suite as Meokka did pulling out the field rations and the immediate setting as her's did as well, then just as she had done his jaw slightly dropped "Whoa, that was awesome." He couldn't hesitate a second. he began to eat food and savored every single bite of food and enjoyed their glorious array of flavors that flew around in his mouth as he moved the food to and fro in his mouth he was almost too sad to swallow the food due to how much he was enjoying the flavor.

She out of the blue questioned his age and about this being a date it caused him to cough and almost choke for a second, "Sorry about that, I am currently twenty two, And you view this as being a date?" He in turn asked her back. His eyes seemed to have a slight shine in his eyes.

Guest Meokka

"Ah!" she jumped hearing him say Itadakimatsu. She was around so many informal people it was rubbing off on her. She quickly bowed her head and clapped her hands. "I-ITADAKIMATSU!" she felt horrible. She could already hear her sensai back home scolding her and thwacking her in the leg with a cane or something. It never really did hurt. Well. It did. But it was all right.

She relaxed and stared at the food for a bit then looked at Sen a bit shyly. This wasn't anything what she was use to. Part of her felt like an idiot. She was so use to being the tall outcast that this was like hitting a brick wall in some ways.

"I'm not girlfriend your though." she tried to give him an intimidating glare, but it was very difficult because she was flattered. "I don't go rushing into things, but this can be date." She looked down feeling her face heat up. "We can date just.....We aren't going to rush okay." She barely knew him, but she did trust him in combat. This also gave her an excuse to call him more often for quests. "The water is good thank you." she wasn't sure what else to say now that she was out of sorts.

She took her chopsticks and started eating the food from the rations. Her eyes lit up suddenly. She swallowed.

"It's just like the sushi at home....." she took another bite. "Mmmm!" she slammed her eyes shut and almost cried at  how good it was.

Maybe it was the nerve gear that did it. After all this wasn't a perfect meal, but she did make sure the fish she got was of high quality. That was the point of it having buffs. She was very pleased with the meal. After a bit though she slowed down. The idea she'd get fat again crept up on her. She wanted to be battle ready all the time. Still. She couldn't really get fat in an MMO. One time. She'd let it slip once. She put another piece of food in her mouth and ate it happily.

"I really like to travel here. Oh, I got to see snow for the first time. I was told about it awhile back. When I opened up my blacksmithing shop. I put it there, where it snows. On floor four. If you ever wanted to visit me there it would be okay." she looked off a bit shy.

She had no idea how to handle this situation, but was happy he was blunt about it.

"Sen-kun...." she figured that would be what she'd call him now. Though if he tried any funny business it was back to Sen-sama! (Oh the horror XD)

He blushes instantly as she mentions not being his girlfriend, he can immediately gather she is thinking about this date very deeply. Her attempted intimidating glare was almost too adorable to look at, the redness of his cheeks were starting to be visable. "Yes this is a date, I'm very okay with not rushing anything... I'm not used to this sort of time, most people avoid me like the plague." He felt comfortable around her due to fighting in the fields with her, he felt like he could actually lean on her not worry about a thing. "I am happy you are enjoying the water" He began to have a loss of words, as if a cat literally had taken his tongue.

His smile couldn't fade from his face, he continued to eat in gleeful bliss but he couldn't seem to get the thought of this being a wonderful date out of his mind. 'She is definitely thinking about this as deeply as I am at the moment. You can even see how much she's blushing about this entire scenario.' He looked at her out of the corner of his eye as he aimed his "attention" toward his food.

When she suddenly called him Sen-kun he fumbled his chop sticks instantly and dropped them into his food, "Sorry, I can be so clumsy at times." he attempted to cover his embarrassing act of being called something he wasn't expecting but to no avail it was definitely noticeable at what she called him. The smile on his face grew bigger at the notion though. He grabbed his chop-sticks and went back to eating. After a few minutes of slightly awkward but slightly romantic silence he finishes his food and lays back on the blanket she had laid out. "That was amazing, thank you so much Meo-chan." He began to close his eyes as he was at peace with whom and where he was at the moment. "This is very relaxing, I am happy we went on this date." he says in a seemingly loving tone. (We're dorks lol)

Guest Meokka

She looked over at him then back up at the stars then back at his hands. He was using chopsticks. Correctly. He wasn't pointing with them. She smiled a bit. She could relate to him more than she realized. She nodded to him we he spoke about people avoiding him.

"I understand. I'm tall as well. In Japan people didn't want to interact with me. It wasn't because they were rude or anything. They just found me intimidating."

This is really nice. I just. Don't want to rush into it. It be really nice to enjoy more days like this.

"I guess if people didn't avoid me so much I wouldn't have approached you." she smiled a bit finding it funny that she found someone like her. 

She scooted a bit closer to him. Her heart was racing. She could only hope that she'd be able to focus on battle and not on Sen's striking features. He was pretty handsome. She was blinded to that before, but then again he wore a lot of armor. She found it kind of funny. She smiled a bit. Seeing he closed his eyes she got up alert suddenly. She looked around.

"Just making sure we'll be fine. Maybe we can visit other places and enjoy them. I've always wanted to travel before, but it was so expensive. Here we can see different places." She smiled.

She looked up at the stars

"Thanks for...Making tonight even better." she felt her face go beat red.

She watched him fumble., and had a soft smile. She found it cute. This could work, but she didn't want to rush it. Even if she wanted to at the same time. (Adorkable)

While he laid there with his eyes closed, he could feel the blanket shift and she moved closer to him which began to make his heart race. His blush and smile hadn't dissipated the entire time they were there. "Yeah, most people in Japan are shorter than the rest of the world, it's a common trait among us so when they see someone of asian decent and they're tall they tend to be shunned because of their intimidating size in comparison. That's why I've been a loner for a long time." when she mentioned the reason why she approached him, "I can't understand why people would want to avoid you. You're a beautiful in more ways than one." He blurted, the blush began massive on his face when he realized what he just said but every word seemed to feel like he meant it.

She jumped up quickly to peer around seeing if anyone is around. "We can lay down and relax and watch the stars, player killers don't frequent this zone usually. And this spot has no monster spawns, that's why I chose this spot." He reassures her so she can relax and lay down next to him. As he is watching the stars next to her, "No, thank you... For making this the best night I've ever experienced in this Death Game. I can't wait to continue hunting and questing with you." He mentions with the happiest tone she has heard from him yet.

'I definitely want this, but it's best not to rush it... This honestly could work, but great things come to those that wait and work for it. So I'll wait till she decides she is ready, if'n she does or not. Just as long as I can protect her, that's all I need to go on to the next day.' He thinks to himself, as he stretches and sits up.

"So you wanna know what we're going to be doing tomorrow on this floor?" He asks her hoping to inspire a willingness to hunt.

Guest Meokka

She laid down. Her heart still raced. The weather was perfect. A soft gentle breeze. She sat back down and laid down staring up at the stars. She had one hand over her stomach and the other behind her head like a pillow. She felt safe close to him. She thought about the buffs.

"We'll have to be up wearily to get any use out of the buffs though. They only last 24 hours. So what are we doing?" she yawned, slowly drifting off. She'd stay awake long enough to hear his answer.

She tried to stay awake with her eyes closed. She turned and faced Sen slightly curled up as she fell asleep. Even if it was safe, this was a death game. It was dangerous. She relied on him to protect her this time. Yet she tried to sleep as lightly as possible. Her breathing was light and feathery. 

She use to sleep under the stars when she was homeless. Sometimes she couldn't see much in the city, and she'd venture out to the country to do it. It was just like that. Even though some of those memories she hated, that was one she did enjoy. Those times would have been so much different if she had someone like Sen around to boost her moral. One day she'd tell him. She doubted he'd view her any differently. This was so peaceful to her. She wouldn't trade it for anything. Even in something like a death game one could find peace.

He looked at her and smiled, "We're going to slay a Wasp Queen, the statistics state she has 30 health. Should be easy enough for us to take down, I thought it'd be nice to take on a mini floor boss together." He scooted over next to her after she curled up, he began to stroke her hair to help keep her feeling safe and secure as she rested. "The first moment it becomes brighter, we'll head out to take her down. For now, rest... you've earned it Meo-chan." he continued to stroke her hair for a little bit before laying down as well,

After a few moments of laying down he begun to hear her snooze, he smiled again. He then began to rummage through his menu HUD for a moment then stopped and put it away. He then stared back up at the starry night sky, leaning back on his hands listening to the wind and the sound her breathing as she slept, it began to put him at ease. His eyes slowly started to shut on themselves, 'I can't fall asleep now, she'll have no one to watch over her.' he thought to himself, he slowly began to reminisce back to his youthful age before he was a teenager when he'd run from home knowing his father didn't care and his mother was too busy for him. He'd go out into the woods and walk for hours till he'd reach a small ledge, he would stare at the starry night sky he hated the seclusion he got from others but when he got out here on the ledge he was very happy to be alone.

Ssendom opened his eyes and turned his head to look at Meokka's whose face was really close to his, he smiled. It was the first time he ever enjoyed being out staring at the starry night sky with someone else, he wouldn't trade anything in this death game or the real world for this. He was content to keep it like this. He looked back up at the starry night sky with that smile held in place.

Guest Meokka

Her body felt a bit warm and the eagles were cawing. Cawing. Eagles. She remembered fighting eagles before. On this same cliff. With Teayre. There it was again. Her body twitch to warn her. There was more cawing and fluttering of wings. He edged closer to Sen and moved her arm around him. She held his side. There was more cawing and that's when her eyes opened. She couldn't react to her possition she sat up quickly and looked up. They were fine for now. They weren't by an eagle eggs. She relaxed and then felt her face heat up realizing how close she had gotten to the male in the morning.

"S-Sorry I thought you were my lance." she tried to come up with some excuse to not seem like a creep.

She felt a bit awkward now about everything. She then looked around and stood up stretching.

"I feel pretty well rested. How about you Sen-kun?" she asked. "Good morning by the way." She smiled at him. 

Her eyes caught something. She looked up at the health bar and saw the buffs were still active. She smiled more seeing that. 

"I'm sure fighting the mini boss will be a breeze." 

She looked down at her common clothes.

"Oi, turn around so I can change into my gear okay. No peeking!" (XD dork)

Ssendom began to sweat, he was running. Time felt slow, the pressure was starting to be felt on his back. After a moment he opened his eyes wide open, and looked to left while laying down there was nothing. He turned his face to the right and it almost came in contact with Meokka's her face was so close he could feel her breathing, he looked down and saw that her arm was stretched across him. After a moment she awoke and began to look around frantically. His face had been red the entire time since his face got so close to her face.

"N-No worries, I woulda done the same thing... totatlly." He horribly tried to go along her excuse. He felt slowly sat up and stretched popping some bones. "Yeah, probably the best night sleep I have ever gotten in this game." He started to smile at the sentiment of the statement then turned to her. "Good morning to you too Meo-chan."

He got up and popped his neck and knuckles, "I can't wait to sink my blade into the Wasp Queen, luckily I chose the location close to her spawn point. We're just an hour's walk from it. We can enjoy the scenery with our current buffs." He noticed his common clothes, "Likewise lassie." He stated in a goofy voice, "I promise not to peek." He turned around and started sifting through his inventory to switch from common clothes to his fighting gear.

Guest Meokka

She turned around and went into her inventory and got her armor on. There was a flash of blue that outlined her body and then there was her honey bee armor and her lance appeared as well. She waved her hand and her ring she bought was on her hand. She placed her free hand on her hip and wondered if she could turn around.

"Er.....You can turn around now.....I'm done over here. Wait.....How close to the spawn point did you say we were?"

She worried she slept right next to a dang mini boss and managed to come out of it unscathed!

He pressed on his boar hide, although it didn't do much but change his look. It helped him mentally get prepare for fights knowing it is his battle attire, but he couldn't help but have a want for better gear yet he kept his mouth closed about what he wanted. He patted his armor and selected his Boar-spine Claymore which then appeared in it's scabbard attached to his back. He had to jostle it around for a moment to get it in a comfortable position for withdrawal. "Alright I am all done over here." He turned after she mentioned he could, he leaned on his back foot arms crossed over each other and smiled at her.

"We're about an hour from the spawn point, infact you can see it over the ledge." He pointed to the cave that was at the bottom of the valley. "It was the perfect spot to enjoy a date, outside of the monster spawning location of the Eagles in the zone, yet close enough to the mini boss spawning zone but outside of it's aggro zone." He chuckled, he was beginning to give away he did crap tons of research on the perfect spot for the date. He then proceeded to point at a pathway down the mountain side, "The best view plus a direct shot to where the boss was located, and we wouldn't have to fight anything along the way." He mentioned, he was excited to fight along side Meokka again.

Guest Meokka

She turned and noticed it was different than his large armor she first saw. She wasn't sure what she thought it. She liked both of them she wouldn't lie. At least now she could see more of him, but was that a good thing. SHe worried she'd be distracted for sure now.Yet she wondered why he wore boar armor. She thought the spine blade was very interesting though. She wondered if he sold the other armor.

"Where's the other armor that made you look like a general?" she asked tilting her head. "or is this more your style?" she smiled.

She felt her face turn a bit red trying to compliment him. It wasn't her forte, and she had no practice at it. She really did like it though. It showed him off, but maybe it showed him off a bit too well. She looked down feeling a bit shy over it. What was the difference though! She fought alongside of him before! She cleared her throat a bit. Then decided to listen to him.

"You sure did your research. I really like listening to chats people have in bars about locations and where to stand. It's useful. Did they say if we had to kill a bunch of small wasps before fighting the queen or does she just appear?" She remembered reading about it but forgot the specifics. She figured Sen would know.