PP - F2 Absolute Pin Initiation: Vaan (Completed)

Calrex sat just outside of the teleportation circle in the second floor main settlement of Urbus, clad in his deep sea blue full-body armor the Grand Chariot. Attached around his neck was Teayre's gift to him, the Ocean's Defense, and strapped to the back of his hip was his one handed sword the Grand Blade.

"Hopefully this Vaan fellow will be able to figure out who I am in this crowd, since this armor can be a little intimidating. He was recommended by the council to become part of Absolute Pin, so I need to make sure that he has the qualifications to be a strong member of the guild. I've been placed in charge of overseeing his initiation."

As he awaited the appearance of his friend and initiate he crossed his arms, leaning against the wall he was standing next to, "I need to do this right. I've never met this guy before, but if everyone agreed that he would be a good pick he must have something that would benefit the guild. I hope he proves that right."

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaan had received the PM to meet a man named Calrex who was in Urbus the second floor starting town. Vaan made sure he had his stuff ready as he moved to the teleportation pad in starting city. He walked inside of it. He took a breath and then barely spoke. Urbus... A brilliant blue light flashed around as he was teleported away.

Vaan stepped out of the teleportation pad and into floor two. He looked around himself. He could no miss anything.... Vaan then seen a guy leaning against the wall, crossing his arms. He was wearing some very intimidating armor. Vaan walked up to the man and began to speak to him.

Is your name perhaps happen to be Calrex? If so, I am in the correct place. Vaan looked at the man straight in the eyes. He has to act calm if this was his way into his first guild.

Calrex looked over as a player walked over to him, asking if he was Calrex. He gave a nod as he stood up, turning to face the player, "Yes I am. I'm guessing that would make you Vaan correct?"

With that he retrieved an item, handing it to Vaan. It was a simple square piece, like the squares one would see on a chessboard. With that, Calrex gave a small cough to clear his throat before speaking in a more formal tone, "Vaan, as the Rook piece of Absolute Pin, your arrival marks the start of your initiation. During this course I don't want you to think of me as a common player, but as my position in the guild. I will personally be observing your initiation. During this I'll be evaluating your abilities not just as a player, but as a person, to see first of all if you are qualified to become a full-fledged member, and if so where you would fall in terms of the duties of the guild."

With that Calrex gave a small sigh as he dropped the formal voice a little bit, as if he had gotten tired of being serious, "Just know that we're doing all of this for your sake. Absolute Pin is not a place welcome to everyone, it's a place where we're trying to bring the best of the best to work together in beating this game. You were selected because we believe you have the potential to become great players, whether on the frontlines or not. I need to confirm their suspicions are right, and if it is not the case we're not going to put you at unnecessary risk."

With that Calrex temporarily assumed his formal voice, "Knowing this Vaan, do you accept these conditions?

Vaan nodded as Calrex said that he must be Vaan. After that Calrex gave him a Square piece and began to assume a formal voice. He began to talk about how Calrex would personally be viewing him in the initation and seeing his skills not just as player, but as person too.

Calrex had lost his formal voice and began to talk about how Absolute Pin does not accept everyone but only the ones that have, or seek the potential of being a strong and great player. Vaan began ton of. He understood everything.

Calrex than began to ask him if he accepted the conditions. Vaan nodded his head and said, Yes, I accept the terms and conditions. Vaan looked at Calrex and began to wait for the initation to start.

As Vaan responded to his question Calrex gave an approving nod. "Alright then let's get started."

The rest of the time Calrex spoke in a less formal voice, but still more than his usual calm, relaxed self, "First of all I'd like to get to know a little about you in terms of what you think you can bring to the guild. Absolute Pin is not a just combat guild. We are also looking to assist in all aspects of Aincrad, and that also includes running shops and material gathering. I'd like to get a gauge where your strengths and weaknesses are so that should you be accepted you will be put in a position you can serve the best in."

With that Calrex gave a small breath before continuing, "The second part, of course, is the thing that we need to evaluate no matter what the case. I'm going to be taking you into a small dungeon on this floor to evaluate your combat and exploring capabilities. I will be with you the entire time should things take a turn for the worse. This is to make sure that you are more than capable of continuing to take care of yourself."

With that Calrex directed Vaan in the direction of the gate, "I can ask you these questions on the way."

Calrex began to keep talking about how the inatation would go. He began to talk about how how he would be giving him important questions and how.Absolute Pin was not just a combat guild. Vaan could understand all of this as well. That's why he had a shop to offer and he would sometimes donate potions and other goodies.

Calrex then said that he could give him the questions as they walked. Vaan nodded and said, " Fire Away!"

"Sure thing. Alright then, first question. Absolute Pin is trying to serve in all part of Aincrad, but right now the guild's been organized into combat and non-combat types of tasks. Where do you think you would serve best in?"

As the two exited the gate Calrex made note in his mind of the destination they were heading towards, the dungeon where he had tested Skylar previously. It was a little more difficult to handle at Vaan's level, mainly because of Calrex's presence, but it would prove a suitable measure of the boy's skill. Since Vaan wasn't as strong as the previous initiates Calrex figured he would probably need to give him a little more assistance in order to judge him accurately.

"Let's see how he answers. Depending on the actual content and the delivery I can probably gather an idea of where to recommend he work to the council."

Vaan listened to the first question. The question was where he would feel or enjoy the best in doing. Combat or non-combat. Vaan thought hard for a moment. He wanted to become stronger and join the boss fights but at the same time, he had a shop. He looked back to Calrex and replied "I have actually always wanted to be in the boss fights and help clear the floors... but I Also really want to be able to keep and work on my shop.... He looked at Calrex and hoped he would understand perfectly what he had meant.

"I understand. Don't worry, we're not going to force anyone to close down their shops. We're just looking to see where you would work best in terms of duties for the guild."

Calrex gave a nod as he acknowledged Vaan's answer, "From what I remember of the information the council gave me Vaan's shop is for alchemy. I guess now there's more than just Mari's shop in operation. With Azide's disappearance I guess it would be good to give her some healthy competition."

"Alright then, second question, have you ever experienced combat with more than one person at your side before?"

Vaan next listened to the second question. Have you ever experienced more than one person at your side before? Vaan thought again and then was able to reply. "Yes, actually I have... once. With Lowenthal and Ahti.... We all fought side by side against the queen bee. In long Live the queen.

Vaan.hoped that one time counted.... He had always mostly been on his own though. Vaan looked back to Calrex as they walked forward. Vaan knew that Calrex's armor would cause a large ruckus in whatever dungeon they were going to.

"I see. Tt's good to know you have some experience in group combat. You're probably going to be experience more of that should you be accepted as a full-fledged member of the guild. Alright that's all the questions I have for now. We'll keep moving until we reach the dungeon, then get started with the second part of the initiation there."

With that Calrex led Vaan further down the path as they arrived at a nearby cave. With that Calrex directed him inside, "I'll be with you to evaluate your skills, but for the most part I'd like to see how you fare in a fight. Be prepared, this cave can be a little dark, but not enough to trigger Night Vision, so your attacks shouldn't take a hit, but it will be harder to see for enemies."

Vaan let Calrex lead him into a cave. It was a little dim but it was not dark enough to trigger night vision. Vaan looked around for some mobs. Vaan held his blade tightly and heard a noise... no two noises coming from the left. Bats. Bats loved dark places. Vaan would have to probably have to take them not out. He began to charge forward at the bat.

ID:18684 BD:10 MD:2

Vaan struck the bat which knocked it right ok it of the air. Another one was still ready to attack Vaan. Vaan would take out this one first.

Vaan 21/21

Calrex 81/81

Bat Uno 24/30

Bat Dos 30/30

ID: 18685

Battle Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

As Vaan engaged the frist bat Calrex directed his attention to the second one as he gave a calming breath. He drew the Grand Blade and held it in a reverse grip as his eyes followed the bat's movements. Once it reached a point he deemed suitable for a strike he activated his <<Sprint>> skill, quickly closing the distance as he leapt up. As he quickly closed the distance the bat lashed out with its claw, scratching his armor. However, this activated the Grand Chariot's Thorns ability, the light blue chain shards forming before exploding into crystals, pelting the bat. At the same time Calrex stabbed his sword into the bat's abdomen, using his weight to ride the strike down as he wrenched his sword out, dealing a critical hit to the bat.

HP List

Vaan 21/21
Calrex 80/81 (+5 Mitigation)

Bat Uno 24/30
Bat Dos 20/30 

Vaan watched as Calrex attacked the bat and brought it's life down more than he did. He was no where near as strong as Calrex though. Vaan began to attack his bat. His sword gleaned, brightening up the room a bit and Vaan swung the blade.

ID;18776 BD:5 MD: 4

Vaan sliced his blade at the bat, but the bat moved slightly upward as he attacked. The bat sailed over his head and dove for an attack. Vaan rolled to a side to dodge being attacked.

Vaan 21/21

Calrex 80/81

Bat Uno 24/30

Bat Dos 20/30

ID: 18828

Battle Dice: 8

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation

Calrex gave a calming breath as the second bat closed in one again. As he thrust forward and successfully stabbed the creature its claw scratched his sword arm's bracer. This however activated the Grand Chariot's Thorns ability once again as the chains formed around the forearm before exploding, peppering the bat with sharp shrapnel from the attack.

With that he leapt back, preparing for his next attack as he also observed Vaan's movements during combat.

HP List

Vaan 21/21
Calrex 79/81 (+5 Mitigation)

Bat Uno 24/30
Bat Dos 10/30 (+1 Thorns)

Vaan watched as Calrex gracefully hit his target. Again. Vaan had to focus a bit more. He took a deep breath and eyed the Bat. He had to settle down and hit it. That's all he had to do. Hit the target. He charged forward ready to smash the bat.

ID:18834 BD:6 MD:4

Vaan's blade smashed right into the bat and k locked it backward into the wall. Vaan then dodged a direct attack from the bat. It had retaliated quite quickly.

Vaan 21/21

Calrex 79/81

Bat Uno 20/30

Bat Dos

ID: 18836

Battle Dice: 6

Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +1) = 3

As Calrex heard Vaan connect another strike against his opponent he focused once again on the bat in front of him. He gave a calming breath as he watched its movement before using his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly close the distance, kicking off of the wall with his <<Acrobatics>> skill to slash across the bat's abdomen. "One more strike and it should go down...after that I can check and see how Vaan is faring."

HP List

Vaan 21/21
Calrex 79/81

Bat Uno 20/30
Bat Dos 1/30

Vaan watched as Calrex gracefully brought his opponent right in the red zone. Vaan refocused on his target. He had done no near as damage as Calrex has done to his. His target was only nearing the yellow zone. Vaan began to move right at his opponent. His blade ventured behind him and he prepared to strike.

ID:18863 BD;3 MD:6

Vaan swung the blade and then missed his target. The bat seemed to screech with laughter and then it attacked clawing Vaan on the arm. It probably would have been way more damage if it wasn't for his Gun Metal Vest.

Vaan 20/21

Calrex 79/81

Bat Uno 20/30

Bat Dos 1/30

ID: 18865

Battle Dice: 7

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +1) = 4

Loot Dice: 13 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 16 (Enemy did not meet requirements for regular monster drop, so using non-combat rules)

As Calrex rushed forward once again he quickly delivered a fierce stab to the bat's abdomen before he used the weight of his body to drop down, splitting the bat in half as it dispersed into crystals. With that he gave a calming breath as he turned to face Vaan's direction, twirling the Grand Blade into its sheath as his eyes scanned Vaan's combat prowess, "Well, other than the fact he's having bad luck with scoring a hit his strikes seem on the mark and precise. It seems like he's seen combat before. At such a low level...either he's done a lot of combat or he's experienced in battle before he entered SAO...curious..."

Loot List:

1 Material

HP List

Vaan 20/21
Calrex 79/81

Bat Uno 20/30
Bat Dos -8/30

Vaan watched as the second bat burst apart in a bright show of blue shards. Vaan looked right back to his bat and sighed. He charged forward and jumped up about a foot to strike the high bat. Vaan swung the blade in hopes of hitting the creature.

ID:18868 BD:2 MD:8 Seriously. The dice do not like me.

Vaan swung the blade but gravity reacted on him first causing him to miss. The bat attacked again. It messed up his hair a bit. In the process.

Vaan 17/21

Calrex 79/81

Bat Uno 20/30