PP - F2 Absolute Pin Initiation: Vaan (Completed)

OOC: Lol it's alright it happens at times

IC:

As Calrex observed Vaan rush and leap at the bat he could guess that the player would likely have trouble striking from the air without having the <<Sprint and Acrobatics>> skill. His thoughts were realized when Vaan dropped from his leap before he could strike as the bat took advantage of the failed attack, gazing the player once again.

"If he's attempting something like that he might not be fully accustomed to the physics of the game. I'll need to make note of that. Once we're done here I'll have him rest up before proceeding to the room I was planning on."

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOOh: You better start building then pyres *Builds some and sacrifices them. Builds more

IC:

Vaan focused on the bat. It had been dodging his attacks. The bat had lowered a bit and was in perfect position for Vaan to hit it. Vaan began to run forward charging his blade and striking right at the enemy.

ID:18869 BD:4 MD:8 Really, Again IM FURIOUS

Vaan swung the blade and it soared over the bats head. The bat began to screech again and attacked Vaan. The fell back this time because the bat dead on attacked his face. Vaan could not hit a fly In this place. He needed some + accuracy items.

OOC: Don't forget your HP list XD

IC:

As the battle continued Calrex continued to quietly observe Vaan's movements. "He certainly seems to be having trouble scoring a hit. I still remember when I had that problem starting out as well. My first battle I didn't score a single hit on the boar. If Teayre and Oikawa weren't there I probably wouldn't be standing here today. Nonetheless if he perseveres he should be able to wear the bat down enough to score a killing blow."

HP List

Vaan 19/21
Calrex 79/81

Bat Uno 20/30
Bat Dos -8/30

Vaan looked right at the winged creature. How was it able to maneuver all of Vaan's attacks. Vaan began to run quickly at the bat and sliced at it from the air. The blade flew from the activation of a sword skill.

ID:19166 BD:9 MD:7

Vaan struck the Nat creating a long line on its wing. Vaan chuckled. The bat could not dodge everything could it? Vaan watched as the bat began to claw Vaan. It did not even really do that much damage. It was pretty much useless. The bat had reached yellow.

HP List

Vaan 18/21

Calrex 78/81

Bat 15/30

"It looks like he's found his stride. Good, now I might be able to observe him at his best."

Calrex's eyes focused as Vaan managed to land a critical blow on the bat, brushing off the light bit of damage the bat managed to deal to him. He could gauge from the amount of damage that Vaan dealt was likely more than enough to finish the bat off in about three or four strikes, compared to the large number of strikes the bat would need to deal in order to bring Vaan down into the red area of his HP.

"Going with the way this battle is going I wonder if I'll need to actually bring him to the knight room. I normally use that for gauging players of much higher level compared to him. Maybe this bat is more than enough. I'll have to see..."

HP List

Vaan 18/21
Calrex 79/81

Bat Uno 15/30

Vaan looked at bat again. He sighed getting a deeep breast in and relaxing some of his tension that he had. He began to charge the blade his blade flowing from him activating a sword.skill. He swung the blade right at the bat.

ID:19168 BD:1 MD:3

Vaan kept charging and he sliced hiss sword forward but he missed. The force from how hard he swung into it made the blade smash right into the floor. The bat seascapes from now.

HP List

Vaan 18/21

Calrex 78/81

Bat 15 30

As Calrex watched Vaan's attack miss the bat once again he gave a small sigh to himself as he continued to evaluate the boy's combat.

"Yeah...I believe I'll need to change my plans for this initiation and have this battle serve as the deciding factor in his initiation. He seems to have done well with the questioning, so if he's smart I would guess he'd avoid having to encounter anything close to the knight in this dungeon until he's stronger and much better equipped."

HP List

Vaan 18/21
Calrex 79/81(Standby)

Bat Uno 15/30

New Condition: Calrex will be on standby unless one of two conditions are met. Vaan reduces the bat to 1/3 of its entire health or the bat reduces Vaan to half health.

Vaan focused on the bat once more and began to Sprint right at the bat. Vaan charged up his blade and it began to glow with a blue find as he ran toward the target. He struck from over his head cleaning down at the enemy.

I'd:19191 BD:6 MD:1

Vaan hit the target causing the bat to slam to the ground. Vaan was finally making some leverage here. Vaan held his blade ready for it to get back up and fight. The bat did get up but it's flapping was not consistent.

HP List

Vaan 18/21

Calrex 79/81 (Standby)

Bat 11/30

"It seems this battle is drawing close to its close."

Calrex got up from the wall he was leaning on as he stretched a little bit, preparing himself. It seemed that Vaan only needed a single strike to move the bat to one-third of its health, so he felt he should be prepared to jump into the fight.

"Once that happens this should be really quick and we can get to the finishing part of this initiation."

HP List

Vaan 18/21
Calrex 79/81(Standby)

Bat Uno 11/30

Vaan watched as Calrex began to prepare himself to jump right into the battle. Vaan stated at the bat. Vaan only need ed one hit to allow Calrex to jump right into the battle. Vaan began to run forward, his blade held in reverse and he struck at the bat.

ID:19277 BD:8 MD:2

Vaan lashed out his blade and hit the enemy causing it to fly back into the wall. The bat was definitely nearing death. Vaan watched as the Bat's health bar fell right into red. Calrex was going to finish this battle in the next hit.

Vaan 18/21

Calrex 79/81

Bat 7/30

ID: 19291

Battle Dice: 2

As Vaan successfully knocked the bat down to less than a third of its health Calrex drew his sword as he rushed in, quickly closing the distance to the monster with his <<Sprint>> ability. Upon reaching striking range he leapt up as he tried to slash the bat across the abdomen, but unfortunately he had judged the distance incorrectly as he sailed far clear of his target. He kicked off the wall before landing on the ground, keeping his blade trained on the target.

"One strike will be enough."

HP List

Vaan 18/21
Calrex 79/81

Bat Uno 7/30

Vaan watched as Calrex sprang right into battle leaped to strike the bat. He missed and he jumped off the wall and and fell easily to the ground. Vaan began to run right at the bat came down for an attack. He put out his blade in a position to strike the enemies full body.

ID:19331 BD:9 MD:9

The blade struck the bat hard but the bat came back and attacked. The bat hit Vaan hard. It did not even do any damage. Vaan looked at the bats health bar. It was depleted almost all the way and it blinking now. It had lost. They had won.

Vaan 18/21

Calrex 79/81

Bat Uno 2/30.

OOC if only I could have used my equipment that I have now, that bat would have just died.

OOC: Lol, of course right? Although I believe it would still do damage XP

IC:

ID: 19380

Battle Dice: 3

Calrex's eyes watched as Vaan rushed in and successfully dealt a critical blow to the bat, although he had to endure a retaliatory hit to himself. As his teammate dropped back to the ground Calrex rushed in, twirling the Grand Blade into a reverse grip as he gave a calming breath. However, as he rushed in the bat decided to gain some breathing room by flying just out of his jumping range. Even with the <<Acrobatics>> ability he was going to fall short of striking distance.

"So it's trying to hold out as long as it can. Alright then..."

He sheathed the Grand Blade into its scabbard, but not enough that it would be locked, stepping back as he assumed his modified iaido stance, his eyes trained on the monster. Once it got back into range he would strike, unless Vaan was able to get to it first.

HP List

Vaan 16/21
Calrex 79/81

Bat Uno 2/30

Vaan watched as Calrex began to jump to make an attack on the bat. The attack fell short and Calrex softly landed on the ground. Calrex somewhat sheathed his blade and Vaan smiled. It was his turn again. Vaan began to run forward his blade ready to stab the enemy. Vaan swung his blade right at the low-healthed bat.

ID:19641 BD:7 LD:16+1=17 No loot obtained though cause Calrex health

Vaan hit the enemy hard and it died. Vaan sheathed his blade and n.a. looked to Calrex.

OOC: Nice kill! Actually you get 1 Material with that roll. Since we don't qualify for the monster loot table we actually operate under the Non-Combat loot table.

IC:

As Vaan dealt the finishing blow to the bat Calrex gave a calming breath as he pushed the Grand Blade fully into its sheath, locking it in place. "Nice work there. Alright I've got a couple more questions for you, but we'll save it for when we get out of here."

With that he gave a calming breath as he let his eyes relax, activating his <<Reveal>> skill. The dungeon's walls and corridors became see through as the skill came into effect, allowing him the safely lead the both of them out of the dungeons and back into the fields of the second floor.

"Alright, first question for you Vaan. Are you willing to fight alongside other players, guild affiliated or otherwise?"

Once Vaan responded Calrex would take in the information and ask the following question, "Second, how much are you willing to risk in order to escape this game?"

"I think so far there's only been one person that has answered in non-typical fashion. Everyone seems to do the 'willing to risk everything to get out here' answer, like a hero in some storybook. I guess that particular one just never made sense to me."

Vaan watched as Calrex sighed and sheathed his sword after the bat walls dead. Calrex did not seem done. He seemed to be concentrating as he looked around the room. Vaan followed him as he began to lead Vaan out of the dungeon I will have to come bAck here and explore more, I know there is more to this dungeon then two bats.

Vaan listened as Calrex spoke up asking him how he would feel fighting alongside others, guild or not guild. Vaan thought a minute before replying, " I do not care if I fight along side others or by myself. As long as the monster falls and I do not, I do not care.

Calrex began to ask one more and final question. How much would he risk out in the battle field to escape the game. This question was a little harder. What if Calrex found him weak of the way he felt. Or crazy? Vaan told the truth though. "Actually, I do not wish to risk my life at all. I would like to fight in the boss battle, but the thing is, is to expect me to leave after I reach the red zone. I would rather enjoy this once in a life time event then rush through it being risky. You understand?"

"Sure thing, that makes sense of course. I appreciate the honesty and will be sure to take that into account."

"So Vaan seems a little more sensible in his idea of risk factor. Either that or the others I've tested weren't as, well, honest for lack of better wording on their responses. I guess it's like the idea that a person could be a horrible worker, but an amazing interviewer. Nonetheless I'll report my findings to the council so that they can accurately make a decision on him."

"Alrighty, with this your initiation is now finished. Usually at the end of these things I welcome you to come and grab a quick drink, but if you have other things to do immediately after this I completely understand."

As Calrex finished speaking the two arrived back at the gates of Urbus, entering through into the settlement.

OOC Lets get 40 posts so more col for each of us.

Vaan listened as Calrex explained that the infatuation was done and that if he needed to go something I could go do it. Aww shucks, I have nothing to do. I can wait a good fifteen minutes and relaxed. Haven't fought something that hard. And killed it alone.

Vaan got a bit of water and cooled down a bit. It was a hotter day in urbus. Vaan sighed and said, It was nice getting to know you Calrex. You're a great guy.I hope to see you again, in a not so formal area so we learn more about each other. But until then, have a good one!

OOC: Lol sure thing XD. We need 41 minimum

IC:

As the two entered the bar Vaan had ordered a water while Calrex got his drink that's become habitual for his initiations, a ginger ale. As he approached the bartender his drink was already prepared for him as he nodded and paid before returning to the seat next to Vaan, "Yeah, it was nice getting to know you as well. I'm have a feeling we'll be seeing more of each other after this meeting."

Understanding that Vaan probably had some other business elsewhere he quickly downed his ginger ale using the trick Azazel had taught him, returning the glass to the bartender, "Definitely, you take care as well Vaan."

Vaan watched as Calrex ordered and downed a Ginger Ale in seconds. Vaan looked at Calrex Astonished. " How did you down that so quickly? Ahh, never mind it is not that important, I am underaged. But don't tell the NPCs that right? Vaan followed wished his water and said good bye and farewell to Calrex and began to leave. It was time he went to go do some more quests. He needed to level to show Calrex how serious he was.