[PP-F2] (Complete) Revelations (Kotori)

The wind whipped across the air as the blonde ruffled his hair. He stared at Kotori. She seemed...withdrawn. Something was eating at her and it bothered him. Taking a seat next to her, he opened his mouth as if to speak, but nothing came out. Taking a calming breath, he looked her in the eyes and spoke. "What's bothering you? It seemed unlike you to run away earlier and I thought we were just starting to get along." He wanted to brush the stray strand of her that seemed to fall to her face with the latest gust of wind, but given the circumstances, he thought better of it.

It was tiring. Kotori couldn't go on any longer with this facade and she just couldn't like any longer. No point to drag this out into a huge problem that would cause bad tensions between people although she honestly couldn't care about that at the moment. She needed to ask a question though, it was a small one that was going to pretense what she was going to explain. "What I want to know is why you decided to sit at that booth that day.. Why did you? You came there not for me, of course, but something else. What would make a person like you go near me?" She needed to know once and for all what he was really trying to do and whether or not it would involve her.

The girl remained quiet for quite some time before finally speaking. She asked him a question. A question he had asked himself a few times before but dismissed as he had no good answer for it. But now it needed to be addressed. He twiddled his thumbs quietly for a moment before looking at her once more and opening his mouth. "I had originally intended on entering the cafe to get some pie. It was the only reason I had come through those doors. However, once I entered. I saw a new face. A pretty one at that and she seemed lonely almost sad even. Normally I only bother people I know and oddly against my better judgement I approached you. I honestly almost chickened out, but you allowed me to sit with you and we talked. I enjoyed your company and hoped to see you again. I honestly don't know what compelled me to bother you. Curiosity? Company? Just a fresh face to talk to? Who knows? Sometimes the best things happen for no apparent reason at all." 

He sat back into the bench and looked at the sky.  It seemed it would be moving towards evening soon enough. Sitting back up, he realized it was her turn to spill the beans. "Out with it. Whats bugging you?"

Kotori slightly giggled at Oikawa's answer although she didn't do it in a good way. It was her way of saying that she didn't believe a word he said. "Liar. The first thing I did when I saw you looking at me was make sure I wasn't in your line sight, but seems to me I made that all too common mistake of not getting up and leaving. Really? What was the first thing you thought? Pretty sure I saw a couple of people around me alone, but no, I was special in some way? You know what I hate? People who do the nicest things for no reason. Know why? Because they are the people who screw you over when you least need it. I've noticed every single blush, side comment and eye movement you've made while I have been with you. I noticed everything too when I met Teayre and those other players. That day, where you "taught" me how to fight? It was all a lie. I was seeing how far you would go just to be nice to me. It didn't dawn to you that for somebody who never used a weapon in their life was able to throw a dagger and catch that midair? Were you that ignorant? Were you that focused on becoming my friend? That focused to make a fool of myself and make me f****** believe that it was all my fault, that I was to blame! NO! You want to know what's really bugging me? The fact that ever since Calrex woke me up on that stupid bench, I've been acting to make sure I don't get abandoned and deserted like the last freaking time I did! Had I gone on any longer with this, I would have really found out the meaning of desertion!" She finished talking. She just couldn't take this madness that was infesting her brain any longer, the tell-tales signs of paranoia like the irises of her eyes shaking back and forth wildly and Kotori's body shivering even with the lack of any temperature on the floor. Instead of waiting for Oikawa's reply, she dash off to the farthest place she could. The cliffs. Maybe he even wouldn't dare to go out that far with night setting in soon.

The blonde sat there. His ears unable to un-hear what was just said. He was shocked and furthermore saddened that this was how she really felt. He wanted to say something but he looked, only to see her dashing off. He was hurt. His heart and mind, but he knew that deep down this all all just reaction. Whatever her past, it has turned her into this paranoid person who can''t see anyone actually caring for her. Oikawa had no intention of abandoning her, and if he just let her run off, he would be proving her point. Without a second thought, he opened his friend tracker, and looked at the direction she was heading. Activating his sprint skill, he chased after her. He was determined to at least let her know none of it was a lie. He meant every gesture and act of kindness. If she's too out of it to realize he truly cares, shes gonna have to deal with it, because he's not going anywhere. Ever.

Kotori noticed the ever-prevalent Oikawa chasing her down like a hunter chases its prey. He hadn't understood it clearly how she wanted to be completely alone from others. No, maybe he wanted to show her the she was wrong somehow. "He must THINK I'm a bloody idiot!" she though as she increased her running speed by tenfold. If only she had said no at that cafe, maybe she would've been spared having to deal with the maniacs that she was calling friend. What friends. She never had any and she definitely never would have one in the first place. People were deserters in waiting and she could see it from a mile away. It was so obvious in how people were nice to her for absolutetly no reason at all, even when she was rude, mean and unfriendly to them in the first place. That boy needed that to get through his head or else she was going to force through and she was not going to hold back.

The brunette's speed picked up. A welcome challenge to the blonde. He pushed harder. His legs flinging pebbles and dust as they flew past each other, one after the other. Moments passed as his breathing grew ragged. Breaths coming in sharp intakes and painful exhales. His heart pounded against his small frame as he forced himself to push past her and cut her off. He flew by her and stopped. He slid across cobbled bricks and placed himself in front of her. His breathing slowed but his adrenaline only increased. She would either have to come to a stop and confront him. Go around him, resulting in another chase. Or mow him him down resulting in them both being knocked to the floor. No matter the outcome, Oikawa wouldn't be far behind her.

Kotori watched with confusion as Oikawa managed to outrun her and stop meters away in front of her, stopping her escape to the cliffside for good. To her horror and possibly the enjoyment of the boy in front of her, she wasn't going to be able to stop in time to be able to stand in front of him and the only option was there was no option. She was going to crash into him at full speed and before she knew it, she did. The girl crashed into Oikawa's stomach and the both of them were knocked to the ground. Opening her eyes, she found herself laying on top of him. Immediately she got off of him with the immediate reaction to squeal in embarrassment. Her face grew a bright rose color and she backed away immediately using her hands. "S-sorry.." she mumbled before saying "G-get away!" and looking down at the grass. She had let herself get caught and she just couldn't fathom why he would follow her to such a degree.

It happened in a flash. The brunette realized she had no time to divert away from the incoming collision. Oikawa knew this was a possible outcome and as such, he braced himself as she speared him. A heavy thud sounded as they were both knocked to the floor. Gasping for air, the blonde looked up as Kotori's face reddened from the obvious embarrassment. She quickly apologized before snapping back to her "original" personality and yelling at him to get away. She still didn't get it did she?

Oikawa regulated his breathing and got up. Patting the dirt away from his clothing, he walked towards her. Slowly he moved. Stopping about 10 feet away from her. "Kotori... why don't you believe me? I've given you no reason to think that I'd ever betray you. Whatever or whomever did this to you in your past is not me. I don't know why I'm drawn to you. Why I chose you of everyone in that cafe. Why my heart chose you... You're right it doesn't make since. But I'm no liar. Why would I admit to almost killing a former comrade. Why wouldn't I lie about it and just further prove that X is just being a pain for everyone. I have no reason to lie or hide who I am. I have no ulterior motives and I don't want to leave you. What do I have to do to prove this? I chased you around town, to these freaking cliffs, all for what to turn on you later? If I wanted to turn on you why wouldn't I do it right? Answer me that."

Though it seemed it, Oikawa wasn't angry. He just wants to understand her perspective. She can't believe that someone actually cares for her and he can't believe why she thinks like this. What could've possibly ruined her so much that she can't even fathom random acts of kindness or sincere affection. Whats her story?

Kotori curled into a ball with utter confusion about almost everything. She couldn't believe what he was saying but she could't believe that she was ignoring what he said. She just could barely handle what was going on and it just overwhelmed her. Did Oikawa really care? Was she lying to herself? She just didn't want to say that maybe she was wrong. "I d-don't know.." she said as she stared up at the boy with confused eyes. He was different. She couldn't fool herself like she had done so many times in the last few months. He wasn't like anyone else she had met and he never once showed a single ounce of anger, annoyance or anything in all the time he had been with her. She had no reason to be yelling him and blaming her for all her troubles. She just couldn't admit it. She just couldn't fathom that he wasn't lying to her. Even thought Kotori knew otherwise.

Oikawa watched as Kotori slowly curled up. Her face contorting towards that of confusion as she rocked back. "I don't know" is all that left her lips as her eyes found his. Oikawa dropped to the ground and sat next to her without actually invading her personal space. He watched her. more than that he want to comfort her. Console an reaffirm that he was there for her. His eyes scanned the area. Taking note of how the sun was setting over the digital horizon. His gaze landing once more back on the brunette before him. "Go with your heart." The words so innocent yet the meaning behind them seemed stronger. He let them linger and let her ponder about how she wanted to proceed. "No matter what you think. I will always be here for you. I'm here now and I'll be here later." 

He shifted his line of sight back to the horizon, never fully losing Kotori from his sight, but just enough to enjoy the beautiful sunset around them.

Kotori gazed at the sunset doing the same as the boy that sat next to her. She couldn't keep this up anymore and she didn't want to be alone anymore. She didn't want to act like this anymore. The sun was setting on her act and her paranoia and it was tim to let go of the madness that consumed her life. Instead of getting up from the place and running how she would've done originally, she hugged Oikawa. Tightly. He had been there from the very beginning and he was going to leave anytime soon. He wasn't going to desert her like how it had happened to her before. "T-thank you.." She mumbled. She then sat back down and curled back into her ball. The sun was almost gone. She didn't want to miss it when it finally went down and disappeared till morning.

Oikawa watched the sun slowly dip behind the horizon. He noticed a shift in Kotori's position as she turned to watch the sunset as well. It was silent. Almost serene as they sat together. Not a move to be made. Until he saw a small shuffle before feeling an embrace from the girl he cherished like  a diamond. He simply hugged her back. Returning the tight squeeze with one of his own. She mumbled a quiet thanks. He simply smiled and whispered back, "You're welcome." As the sun finally settled behind the vanishing point, he turned to face her and smiled. He was happy and he hoped to make her happy. That's all he wanted at the moment.

And in the end it was Oikawa's smile that did it for Kotori. She wasn't an emotional girl unlike most others she had met but she still had feelings and they were leaking out of her like a broken water tap. Of course she didn't do this in front of him but small tears were dropping from her eyes as she allowed her head to continue bury itself into the small cave-like structure made from the position she was in which was being curled up into a small ball. It was actually pretty obvious to anyone around her that she was crying because of slight sniffling sounds that were emanating from inside her small sanctuary. She was just touched from kindness that she had never been shown ever once from anybody.

Soft sniffles could be heard from the curled figure next to him. The blonde looked down, placing a hand on one of her shoulders and gently rubbed back and forth. No words, leaked from him as he held on to the moment. Not that he could say anything even if he wanted to. Sitting up a little more properly, he watched the as stars began to fill the sky. Reminding them that it was dark and not safe to stay here for much longer. Gently, he nudged her and whispered, "Shall we? I can walk you to your inn or..." he hesitated. He didn't want to push things too fast or make things awkward, rather than complete his thought, he finished with "ah nevermind. Either way, it'll be dangerous out here before long."

Kotori wiped her eyes softly as she stared at the blonde-haired boy. "S-sure.. " She muttered as she stood close by to him. Though there was one thing she wanted to do before they left the cliffside. She just wanted one good hit on him for all the trouble that had arosen ever since she had met him. It wasn't a declaration of hatred or lying about being ok at the moment, it was just a friendly punch although it would be from her dagger and not from hand. "I just want to get one stab for everything so don't you go off deserting me now!" she shouted before unsheathing her dagger and throwing it to left of the boy. "N-nevermind.. I don't want to hurt you anymore.." she muttered before walking towards the city. She was still ashamed of how she had acted today. No. She shouldn't be. Tomorrow, she was turning over a new leaf. She finally was.

ID: 18933

BD: 3 [6-3]

A soft "sure" announced that she was ready to go. Oikawa helped her up and was ready to lead the way when she spoke of stabbing him. Rather than question it, he turned and faced her. He stood completely still wanting to grant her request. She equipped her dagger and zipped it at him. Unflinching he felt the blade glide past his ear as it clunked to the ground a few yards past him. She spoke of how she was tired of hurting the blonde and thought better of stabbing him. He looked at her and grinned, if you would've hit me, it still would've been worth it. He then went to retrieve her dagger. He grabbed it and placed it carefully back in her hands. "I believe this little beauty is yours." he chuckled. Gesturing towards the path back to town, he walked alongside her as they made their way back. 

"T-thanks." Kotori muttered as she took the dagger from the blonde's hand. She didn't want to hurt him anymore and that was final. She had put too much stress on to his shoulders and for what? Absolutely nothing at all and he still wasn't mad at her. He really was the perfect person. It was actually pretty late considering early today they had been fighting giants bats to save a child and bring him to his mother. The girl thought it would be nice for this to happen again, save the paranoid breakdown she had only a few minutes ago. Looking at her surroundings, Kotori found herself strangely close to Oikawa as she was walking so close that they were touching or at least that she thought they were. She didn't care and she continued walking at this proximity. She felt now she could be herself with him.

Oikawa nodded at the quite thanks he had received and continued walking alongside her. Her raven black hair gently draping his shoulder as they strolled through the field. This was possibly the closest they had been aside from their few hugs. He cherished the moment. He could almost feel the difference in her. She seemed at ease and more relaxed. He chuckled to himself. A  heart warming grin plastered on his face as he gazed up at the stars. "Quite the day we had huh?" His hand lightly brushed hers but rather than pull away, he turned it so that she could grasp his should she so choose.

Instead of pulling away from Oikawa like she had done oh so many times before, instead Kotori reached in and grabbed his hand tightly and continued walking about, almost as if nothing had even happened. Inside she felt awkward and strange about the sensation of holding another person's hand, but she dealt with anyway simply because of who the boy was. She eased up a bit up on her grip, not wanting to suck the air of his hand or make it embarrassing between the both of them. All of this however she probably wouldn't do again because she still didn't feel all too right considering she never actually experienced events like this.