[PP-F9] (Complete) Gathering With Fire (Meokka)

Heat waves gathered around the blonde as he stepped from the gate platform. He had only ever been to this town once previously and he hated. He had heard that the ore on this floor was perfect crafting however and wanted to give it a look for himself. The settlement known as Vulcan Village sat suspended over a volcano only to be held up my large metal cables. There seemed to be only one way in and what way out of the town. He had a goal set in mind and wanted to achieve it as soon as possible. Stepping into the crowd, he maneuvered his way around towards the entrance/exit of the village.

Guest Meokka

Meokka had her eyes closed listening to her surroundings.

"Isn't that Oikawa?"

"I bet he's going material hunting..."

Meokka's eyes opened up and she looked around. She scanned the place looking for an old man. For some reason when Calrex explained him to her she pictured an older gentleman with a large build. She heard some of the whisperings of Oikawa's fans. Eventually she got the nerve to ask a golden haired man that seemed to be out of the crowed. 

"Excuse me, but, which person is Oikawa?" she asked Oikawa himself. "I wanted to meet him, and I've never been properly introduced to him."

The blonde had been moving through the crowd masterfully when he felt a light tapping on his shoulder. Stopping, he whipped around to see a blue haired girl standing no more than a foot or two from himself. A little uncomfortable, he took a few steps back and listened intently as she spoke. The words left her mouth and left him wide-eyed. Why would she be looking for me? Should I know her? Hmm? Pushing his thoughts aside. He took a slight bow and smiled at the girl. "Oikawa - The Faint. In the flesh. May I ask why you needed to see me and even more so how did you know I was on this floor?" He asked, not to be rude, but just out of pure curiosity. His warm smiled returned to his lips as he waited for a reply from the bluenette. I wonder if she's another Yudai? Is that good or bad?

Guest Meokka

She just stared at him and bowed. She then stood up straight in a bit of shock. Was this guy kidding? She looked around and realized he must not be. She rubbed the back of her neck feeling a bit awkward now. She should have been more polite, but she honestly thought she was getting information from someone else, not the master himself.

"I didn't, I just happened to be at the right place at the right time. I overheard people whispering your name and I wanted to meet you myself." She stood there and realized she should explain why. "My friend Calrex told me about you actually. I'm a blacksmith, and I am really impressed with your work." she bowed again.

She stood up a little more at ease.

"I was wondering if I could be your apprentice. In blacksmithing."

The bluenette seemed surprised that she had found him so easily. She bowed and Oikawa blushed. He usually wasn't greeted with this type of formality. He listened as she explained her reasoning for wanting to find him. Ahh Calrex. I wonder if he's the cause for the sudden influx in business? If so, I'll have to thank him sometime soon. Focusing back on the girl before him, the blonde responded. "Thank you for your words. It's reassuring to hear when your work is meeting the standards of fans and customers alike. I'll be honest however, I haven't the slightest clue how to mentor someone in smithing. But if you have any ideas, you can explain it along the way. I have some materials I need to gather before heading back home. That is, if you care to join me?"

Guest Meokka

She brought her hands together very pleased to hear that.

"I'd love to join you." she nodded enthusiastically. 

She walked along side him now eager to learn anything she could from him. She knew material hunting was all luck, or at least it appeared to be. She figured she should take notes and opened up her HUD. She placed a notepad application to the side of her. She was busy thinking of questions she could ask him.

"What's kinds of ore and gems are in this area? I guess that'd be a good question to ask, oh and the monsters too. Which ones are more ample for ore materials vs other sorts of materials."

(Even if it doesn't matter since everything drops stuff we'll just rp ho this?)

[19014] LD: 4 [2+2]

The girl clasped her hands together as she expressed how she'd love to tag along. Nodding, he led her out the gates of the main city and headed along the volcanic ridge. He opened his HUD and equipped his leopard plushie and continued on. As they neared the spawning point, he turned to face his new apprentice and listened as she voiced some questions. "I prefer the Lava Ingots  and Ruby Ores of this floor. They make for pretty solid crafting materials. As far as mobs go, <Magma Wyrms> and <Searing Salamanders> are probably the better mobs to farm since they drop Heated Scales which are a craftable material for us blacksmiths." Somehow he didn't even realize he knew this much about this floor. His knowledge catching himself off guard. He looked towards the girl to see if she had anymore questions but spoke up when he thought of one of his own. "So you haven't yet told me your name. May I ask what it is?"

Guest Meokka

19015 LD13

She was busy writing in that information about floor 9. She paused mid sentence and looked at him. She felt like an idiot now. She should have properly introduced herself. She was just so gobsmacked meeting him that she forgot to do so.

"Meokka Oda. Er. You don't need to add the Oda, Oikawa-Senpai." She smiled at him.

She hurriedly finished the notes he gave her. Then went into her HUD and opened up a paint like application. She'd either have to color it herself or use the print screen option. She preferred drawing it herself though.

"Are the scales big enough to make a shield, or small enough to make armor links?"

She noticed he was looking around, and also noticed a charm of some sort. She'd ask him about the charm later. Right now it seemed they were looking for the vains already! She thought she saw one, but she was mistaken. She pursed her lips a bit. She always did have trouble gathering material.

[19016] LD: 14 [12+2]

"Pleasure to meet you Meokka." The blonde noticed she seemed to be taking notes while he was speaking. Smirking, he answered her next inquiry. "The scales, when warmed, expand to become large enough to craft a shield or a chestplate. I guess the mechanics for scales are allowing them to expand. Making them a valuable and versatile material." He glanced about the rocky area once more. Hoping to spot a material but his luck seeming to run as dry as the scorching air around them. He did however catch the tail end of a <Magma Wyrm> slithering about up ahead. He didn't want to alarm Meokka, so he kept the information to himself.

Guest Meokka

19020 8

She nodded taking the notes down. She looked up at him.

"I just learned how to make shields so this is very vital information. Thank you sempai." she beamed at him.

She hadn't noticed the mob yet herself. She thought they were in a safer zone just looking for ores. She figured a blacksmith like Oikawa would be heavily prepared for any endeavor and trusted his strength. She walked the dirt like path with him. She didn't see any ore around here.

"Does the ore spawn out here, or a cave? I'm not seeing anything out here actually."

[19022] LD: 8 [6+2]

"Ahh I see. In that case, you are welcome," he stated with a grin. He kept his eyes peeled for any ores, ingots, or other craftable materials. Nothing was showing up for him and Meokka noticed the same. Addressing her question, he responded. "Ores and ingots can spawn just about anywhere on this floor. It just seems luck is not in our favor today." A strange clicking noise got his attention. Whipping around, he instinctively placed a protective arm over the girl as a <Magma Wyrm> made it's presence known. "We have company.."

Oikawa: 69/69

Meokka: 42/42

<Magma Wyrm>: 35/35

DMG: 7 EVA: 1

Guest Meokka

"What?" she was a bit surprised and turned around slowly. "So we're in aggro territory. Sorry for not realizing it sooner sempai." she realized she should have been acting more like a guard than she was. She was just so focused on being studious she failed to be more protective of her sempai. She waited on baited breath watching the red serpent. She did all her speaking in a whisper hoping it didn't detect them. She brought out her spear slowly.

"After you sempai, I'll bring up the rear." she got into a fighting stance as quietly as possible. "Do these things travel in packs?" she asked in a hushed whisper.

"They usually don't venture this close to the settlement. I suppose this one was feeling bold. No need to apologize." Oikawa then focused on the scaly over-sized worm. He thought about the traits of the mob before them. They're pretty fast so their evasion is heightened. Other than that nothing really spectacular. He quickly flicked up his HUD and sent Meokka a party invite. "If we're to take it down, we'll need to work together." Pointing his rapier forward, he started running forwards. "Make sure to trail directly behind me and be poised to attack when I call for the switch." The blonde increased his speed as he bee-lined directly for the Wyrm. Feigning a downwards thrust, he called an immediate switch as the monster reared up to evade his attack. "Switch!"

[19096] BD: 4 [2+3-1]

MD: 3 [6-3]

Guest Meokka

19104 5 - 1 = 4

Meokka quickly hit the join option. She nodded. After Oikawa-sempai struck the foe. She ran forwards. She placed her lance on her arm. She felt she was going to miss, She had to try though. She thought she'd get close as she thrust her lance forwards but the wyrm just coiled around it. Heating it up. Meokka pulled it away from it.

"Tch, I'll make sure to be faster sempai. It's really fast. This is bad."

She moved back. She realized she'd have to concentrate to hit this thing next time. She placed her lance on her arm again getting ready for the next attack. 

The plan was set and he had faith in Meokka. However, her attack fell short as she apologized and jumped back to safety. "No mind! We'll just get it next time!" The Wyrm's mandible clacked and hissed as it stared the players down. The monster slithered along the rocky surface before tunneling into the ground below. Given the unstableness of the field and the unpredictability of the Mob, Oikawa looked towards Meokka and shouted, "We still have the advantage. Given the shaky structure of this area, if the rock start sinking around you, the Wyrm will probably be coming from that direction!" 

As if on cue, the rubble around Oikawa began to sink. Suddenly, the Wyrm burst through the ground. It launched itself at the blonde. Using his shield, he deflected the Wyrm's attempt at grabbing him with its facial pincers and counter attacked with a thrust to the head. The creature screeched in pain before dropping beneath the surface once more. "Stay on your toes Meokka. It could be anywhere.

[19105] BD: 6 [4+3-1]

MD: 2 [5-3]

<Magma Wyrm>: 26/35 (-9)

Guest Meokka

19107 4 - 1 + 2armor +1skill = 6

She spun her lance and cased after it when it came up again. Because her last attack missed her armor had a blue glow about it. She watched as it moved, trying to serpentine out of the way of her incoming attack. She hesitated for what seemed like a moment. Her purple eyes glowed as her <<concentration>> skill activated.

"Oh no you don't! I never miss twice consecutively! You won't get away from me! NOT TODAY! HAAA!" she let out battle cry as she thrust her lance forwards striking the lava wyrm. "I got it sempai, your move!" she jumped back waiting for the thing to try to attack again. This fight was beyond exhilarating! She'd make note of it's stats.

Meokka: 42/42 (concentration 0/5posts till next active)

<Magma Wyrm>: 21/35 (-5)

(Until one of us gains more hate, based on my LD it will attack one of us. 1-10 Me, 11-20 You Nevermind XD .)

The rocks around Meokka began to sink. Skillfully, she allowed the Wyrm to show itself before attacking it once again. Her armor began to glow a bright cyan. Which meant, judging from what Oikawa knew about skills, that she had the Light Momentum enhancement and it would increase her chances of landing a hit. Couple that with her ability to use <Concentrate> and you have a mean concoction for a successful hit. Her lance tore through the Wyrm's armor as it went careening into volcanic clusters of rocks a few yards ahead of them. Wasting no time, Oikawa nodded to the bluenette as he "switched" back to vanguard and darted across the molten landscape. Raising his rapier, he felt the blade lighten as it glowed a faint silver. Bringing it forwards, he jammed his blade right into the digital crack Meokka had left, and watched as the critical damage took effect.

Jumping back a safe distance, called back to Meokka, "Your move!" A grin finding it's way to his face as he thought about her skills thus far. She is certainly capable of handling her own. She'll make a fine warrior for sure. Now to judge her smithing after we collect some materials.

[19108] BD: 10 [10+3-1]

MD: 0 [2-3]

[H: 3] Oikawa: 69/69

[H: 1] Meokka: 42/42

<Magma Wyrm>: 10/35 (-11)

Guest Meokka

19112 9 (nat can't lower)

Seeing the wyrm get knocked back she ran at it just as Oikawa said switch. She spun her lance as she neared it. It wasn't a perfect critical but she had it in her sites with a minor critical. As she thrust her lance against it there was a purple spark. She jumped back towards Oikawa.

"I paralyzed go now while we have an opening!" She readied her lance ready to strike it again if she had to. She was sure that Oikawa had it though she believed in his resolve.

[H: 3] Oikawa: 69/69

[H: 3] Meokka: 42/42 (1/5 concentration)

<Magma Wyrm>: 4/35 (-6) + paralyzed on it's turn

Their luck seemed to carry over as Meokka not only managed to land a critical hit of her own but also paralyze the the creature as well. The HP bar of the Wyrm blinked red. Indicating that it was ready to die and the blonde was happy to oblige. Rushing forward, he sent his rapier directly through the middle of the Wyrm. Causing it to glow before exploding into a ton blue pixels. As the shards dispersed and disappeared, a notification menu appeared informing Oikawa he had received 1 Material as his loot drop for the Mob. "Looks like I'm one of seven materials for the day. How many do you need to gather?"

[19115] BD: 8 [8+3-1]

LD: 10

MD: Paralyzed

<Magma Wyrm>: 0/35 (-9) DEAD

[Oikawa - The Faint received 1 Material]

Guest Meokka

19120 ld3

"If my sempai aims for seven. Then so shall I." She nodded figuring that was as good a number as any. "Can I see the scale?" she asked and moved closer to see it if he'd let her. "Should we fight another one?" she was pumped to do so. She looked around for those ores vanes Oikawa sempai mentioned. She didn't see any at the moment. She then turned her attention back to the material that Oikawa picked up. She moved her lance to her back, and her hands behind her head. Half stretching a bit. "It sure is blistering hot here."