[PP:F10] A Step Into The Maw (Teayre, Ariel)

As she spawned into the tenth floor Teayre shuddered, as she looked around seeing the various undead npcs walking around. The hairs on the back of her neck stood on end as she brought up her menu and selected the message option.

Subject: Training

Hey Ari,

Would you be up for some training against some mobs on the tenth floor? I was thinking maybe an excursion into Tartarus?

T-Chan

Hitting the send button Teayre headed to a nearby café that was open and slid into a booth sighing. As the waitress came up to her the voice she spoke with chilled her to the bone, instead of the disembodied voice that the red head was expecting it was like any other woman’s voice. Simply ordering a hot chocolate Teayre sat there waiting for Ariel’s response.

The blonde was just doing some cleaning up in her shop at the 4th floor when a bell sound could be heard in the room. The blonde's eyes went directly towards the entrance but saw that the door was shut. Next her eyes trace the visual Inbox notification, she opens the message and is pleased to find out that it was from Teayre. The redheaded summoned Ariel to the 10th floor for some training, so the blonde hastily written an affirmative reply and sends the message. Next she direct her eyes towards Kimba who was lazily moving stuff around the shop, as instructed by Ariel, under the motive of 'earning her living by helping out a bit'. "Kimba T-chan wants to see us at the 10th floor, are you coming?" she asked as she checked her inventory and equipped her armor parts.

The white lion looked at the pile Ariel had her move and gave a gruff growl, the blonde noded and started walking out the front entrance saying: "Hurry up, I don't have all day!" Then the two rapidly went to the teleportation gate, thinking of the last time they were at that floor.

A ping brought Teayre’s attention to her menu opening it she sees that Ariel had sent her a reply, both her and Kimba were coming.  Smiling to herself she remembered the sandy lion’s fur pushing herself up she slipped some col off to the waitress nodding at her before heading out the door pulling her hood up around her. Her eyes flicked from side to side as she erred away from the crowds and varying people as she took the a few back alleys to the teleportation square of the tenth floor. Looking around she can’t find Ariel so she sits herself in an alcove waiting for the pair to turn up.

“I hope they’re okay… I mean it’s been a little while since I’ve seen them, not since the bandit quest so I should be okay I think. I miss him… I think I’m finally coming to terms with it… maybe. Well we’ll see from this won’t I.â€

A flash of blue light in front of her brought the red headed girl out of her musing, looking up she saw a familiar blonde and cub standing there. Raising her hand she waved at them, beckoning them to come over to her. A weak smile on her lips, she reached up to flick away the irritation from her ear and her smile fell as her hand came and began to gently caress her earlobe instead.

From a distance, Ariel could see a familiar redhead waving at them... the guild's 'crimson knight' how the blonde liked to think. It's been awhile since the two have seen each other and the blonde wanted to catch up on things with her. She would look around for Calrex, knowing that the two are inseparable, at least from the blonde's point of view. She'd never even once saw teayre without her beloved one, the two were even thinking of getting married in game soon. That make Ariel have somehow conflicted feelings, she was indeed happy that even if there was a visible age difference the two would cross over such boundaries and be with each other. On the other side, it made her look at herself in terms of lovelife...which saddened her a bit. It appears that her inability and lack of interest in finding herself someone to be romantically involved with, had undoubtedly followed her in SAO as well. This wasn't a thing that gave her white nights, it was more like a nagging her mother usually gave her about the theme: "You should take a break from fencing and enjoy adolescent life like the rest of the kids!" she often said, making Ariel's father raise an eyebrow and a opinion on the theme. Maybe she would've tried, if she felt like it. But for her fencing always came first, preparing for the next tournament or championship, training and working hard to always gain 1st place.

The blonde shook her head as she was now 2 meters in front of Teayre 'Now is not the time for that! Focus Kayla!' she thought, as her father usually called her, before changing from a frow to a smile, as she greeted the readhead: "Hope I didn't left you waiting for too long T-chan! So what do you have planned for us today exactly?" she asked in the dim light that made her silver eyes be more visible than usual. She had taken notice of her 'not so bright' mood and even if she wanted to ask what happened, the blonde decided to leave Teayre speak when she was ready, if there was something wrong..but if that would affect her battle capabilities and endanger them both Ariel wouldn't hesitate to rudely inquire her.

Shaking her head Teayre gives Ariel a hug smiling at her, “Don’t worry I only just arrived Ariel, Well I was thinking you know Tartarus? How about we go there and knock a few things over?†Steeping back Teayre’s eyes meet the blonde’s as her hand snakes down to the hilt of her katana, before she squats down and holds her arms out to Kimba. The lion pads forward a few paces before Teayre wraps her arms around the soft fur and nuzzles the feline “Hello you, I’ve missed ya.â€

Standing back up Teayre scuffs her foot against the floor before setting off towards the gates. “I was going either way whether or not you wanted to come Ariel, just thought it’d be more fun with two of us. So you in?†She calls back not really caring if the blonde does come, as she reaches the gate the small red head looks up at the two dragon guards smirking to herself before looking back and seeing if Ariel and Kimba had followed.

Ariel was taken by surprise by the hug but decided to return it, nevertheless. then chuckles at the sight of Kimba having a similar reaction to the hug. 'Maybe I should hug the furball more often... if I get over IT, that is.' she thought. then seeing the redhead speak about fighting mobs, Ariel's hand unconsciously rests on her weapon's hilt as well. "Does the bear s.......... nevermind, YES! Of course I will" Kimba by her side, released a howl as well to make her intention of joining the two known. Pleased with that response, Ariel began stroking the lion's back trying to control the fear that came with that action.

'Even if she says she doesn't care if we join, she took the time to invite us.' she thought as she followed the redhead. Passing by the dragons, Ariel took a good look at them and showed a grin 'I'll take one of you down soon, just wait'. She had this dream of gaining the title of 'Dragon Slayer' ever since she found out that there were dragons here in SAO. Unfortunately she only found NPC ones like the guards here and at the 10th floor. 

Catching up with the redhead, she was now walking by her side and decided to ask: "So, what made you PM me? Wouldn't you be doing this kind of things with Cal-kun instead?" she asked, genuinely curious.

Flashing Ariel a mischevious grin Teayre looks between her and Kimba, “Well normally I would… He uh… Doesn’t know I’m doing something this dangerous. Not that he can really say anything though… “ the red head’s voice get quieter and then she mumbles something bitterly under her breath, “Not after all the training sessions he has with Oikawa… Leaving me behind in the dust. Tch.â€

â€œAt any rate Ariel, let’s make this a good one shall we? Hard. Fast and safe yeah?†Drawing her katana Teayre looked around squinting in the shadowy light of the floor. A howling wind breezed past them causing Teayre’s hair to stand on end. As her back shivered the girl spun around, her eyes darting left and right before she continued on her way.

"Dangerous?... well It would be if one would venture alone. But as WE are going together, i'd say there is little that can stand in our way, don't you agree?" she asked in an apparently innocent tone. It's true, fighting on the front line was a dangerous thing but after Ariel spend so much time here, now she found it a good training place. She'd only wished she was with the boss raid team, helping out with the unlocking of the next floor. 'Stupid Brigade orders' she muttered in a displeased infantile whisper.

noticing that the tone of her voice was dropping in intensity, Ariel had a bit of difficulty in understanding her last sentence, so she asked: "He's cheating on you with Oikawa?" she asked with a chuckle, knowing well that wasn't what she meant to say. "Don't worry T-chan, we will show him the result of our 'small' training session." she said as she continued chuckling. Even if this was a dangerous floor, the blonde couldn't help but feel relaxed while being with Teayre.

hearing her last statement the blonde elegantly unsheathed her weapon as well and replied with a smile: "Yes, sir!" then noticing that the redhead had trouble seeing in the dark, she summoned her inventory with her left hand and extracted a couple of items. A pair of bottles labeled 'Firefly Essence' with a fluorescent powder inside of it. She threw one to Teayre while saying: "Catch, it's not strong enough to cancel the floor's negative effects but we can at least see 2 meters in front of us and don't bump into mobs. Think of it as SAO's glowstick."

ID: 20946

BD: 9 (8 + 2 ACC – 1 Low Light)

MD: 1 (4 – 3 EVA) 

Catching the Firefly Essence Ariel chucked at her Teayre looked at it before putting it in her inventory. “I’ll get it out later Ariel, I prefer seeing my foes up close and personal anyway. If I’m using a glow stick it’ll effect my vision more.†Her fingers drumming on her katana’s hilt slightly harder than before as a soft clanking sounded ahead of them.

“Ariel, did you hear that?â€

As the pair continued walking the clanking got louder and then stopped coming from directly in front of them, without hesitating Teayre activates her <Sprint> and <Charge> skills flying forwards drawing her katana as she does so the sounds of metal scraping bone echoed through the area as the Oikawa Kanashiki made contact. Pivoting on her back foot her eyes squinting as she takes in the sight in front of her. Hunched over in front of her was a mass of pale while bones formed up in a humanoid shape, a twisted blade protruding from its right hand.

“Ariel! We have a skeleton here!â€

As Teayre shouted her warning the hulking bundle began to move much swifter than expected causing the girl to roll backwards from the force of one of the creature’s attacks. It followed up with a simple series of three strikes and then a pause before another three strikes. Deftly blocking each strike Teayre begins to time her breathing with the movement of the creature.

Teayre: 67/67

Ariel: 73/73

Skeleton: 47/56 9 DMG (1 Base + 1 Ath + 4 Skill + 2 Weapon + 1 Charge>

The blonde shrugged as she raised her own bottle: "Do as you like!" she said before turning to the source of the noise: "Yeah, seems like we have company. you got a good pair of years on you there." she said as she drew her sword in one elegant move. The weapon's black blade was almost invisible but thanks to the low light source, its edges gained a faint blue glow that delimited them. 

Seeing the redhead's figure suddenly dash, Ariel threw her essence forward as it landed, she saw the faint contour of the two. Then one of them skillfully backed off. She then heard Teayre's warning: "Got ya. Switch!" she said as she lowered her stance, once she entered the perfect pre-move by lowering her weight center, a faint golden-blue streak could be seen as the blonde covered the distance between her and the mob in a mere fraction of a second. Thanks to her <<Charge>> skill, she managed to impale the mob in its right side, into the ribcage then kicked it to retrieve her weapon and while evading his side slash she backed off. "Looks like a weakling, a soldier at best... once we meet a captain or general class mob, that is when things get interesting." she said with a smile, remembering the fights she had with the mobs at this floor.

ID: 21027  

BD: 8 (6+3acc -1) [Hit]

MD: 4 (8-3eva-1) [Miss] (Savvy Activated)

Teayre: 67/67

Skeleton: 33/56  14 DMG (1 Base + 1 Ath + 5 Skill + 3 Weapon + 4 Charge)

ID: 21832

BD: 1 – Critical Fail

MD: 9 – Critical Hit [+ 1 DMG]

“Whatever it is Ariel. It dies and then it stays dead.â€

Whipping her katana back Teayre moved in, stepping around the Crowned Lion before bringing her katana forwards it colliding against the skeleton’s greatsword. The arcing blade catching the katana and guiding it away from the creature itself. Cursing Teayre slipped her foot down trying to swing it round to knock the shifting bones to the ground. Instead her opponent twisted its own foot and pushed Teayre’s even further causing the girl to slip and fall over.

Landing on the hard on her back the girl tries to roll away but a hand hits her shoulder forcing her to remain pinned to the ground. Looking up at the creature’s skull Teayre’s eyes betray her anger spitting up at it as the twisted blade is driven up into her ribs. Gasping she tries to squirm out but to no avail.

Teayre: 66/67 1 Damage (1 Base + 1 Critical - 1 Mit)

Skeleton: 33/56

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing the skeleton mob completely ignoring her and going for Teayre made Ariel's blood boil in her veins. "How dare you do that to her in front of me?"she asked, over her shoulder, with a tone filled with venom and accumulating anger. Changing the grip to her left hand the blonde spun around and placed the bridge of her right hand on the pommel of her blade to add more strength to the thrust. She hit the mob from the back, right through where its lungs should be... pushing it off the redhead in the same time. 

"You okay T?" she asked while eyeing the enemy, helping her fallen comrade to rise if needed. "It seemed that this mob needs to be made aware of his place" she added with a small grin.

ID: 24626 

BD: 8 (8+3acc -1) [Hit]

MD: 2 (4-3eva-1) [Miss] (Savvy Activated)

Teayre: 66/67

Skeleton: 23/56  10 Dmg

• 2 weeks later...

ID: 25778

BD: 9 (7 + 2 ACC + 1 LM - 1 )

MD: 1 (4 – 3 EVA)

“Yeah I’m fine Ari.†Gasping for a moment as she rests on one knee, Teayre suddenly leans backwards her hands supporting her on the ground behind her. The nimble girl cartwheels away from the skeleton briefly as its sword crashes down between her legs. As soon as her feet touch the floor Teayre rushes it. The Oikawa Kanashiki sings as it cuts the white granite like bones of the undead monstrosity.

Spitting at the ground in front of her foe, Teayre waves Ariel in. “Your turn I believe, I’m okay don’t worry about me alright?†Slipping her feet backwards Teayre plants herself a short distance away from the creature waiting for its next move.

Skeleton: 15/56 8 DMG (1 Base + 1 Ath + 4 WS + 2 Weapon)

It seemed that the mob had taken a 'liking' to Teayre, ignoring the blonde almost completely as it aimed towards the redhead. Ariel showed a rather displeased expression as that happened. She went and dashed after the mob that kept missing Teayre despite its efforts. Ariel soon followed up and went towards the mob, carefully aiming her black rapier towards his rib cage. She the thrusts the weapon with such a force that the skeleton remains impaled it it and starts swinging his own weapon furiously. Seeing its HP bar in the red, Ariel shouts: "Okay T time for payback!" she said as she tightens the grip on her  sword, in order to not let the mob escape.

ID: 25997  

BD: 8 (6+3acc+1 savvy-1) [Hit]

MD: 1 (4-3eva) [Miss] (Savvy activated)

Skeleton: 5/56 10 DMG

• 1 month later...

ID: 30949

BD: 11 (10 + 2 ACC – 1) Crit [+2 DMG)
MD: 1 (1 – 3 EVA)

The skeleton began slashing its jagged blade at Teayre, the small lithe girl easily dodged the strikes before planting her foot into the ground. Her katana became a blur as her hair flowed in an arc around her. Spinning the blade finally cut through the creature dissipating it into pixels. Standing up straight Teayre flicked her blade to the side before returning it to its sheathe. Slowly turning she smiles up at Ariel winking. “Shall we continue on? I’m sure they’ll be more fun you know A-Chan.” With that she started to press on ahead bouncing up and down.

Skeleton: DEAD -7/56 12 Damage (1 Base + 1 Athletics + 4 WS + 2 Weapon + 2 Crit + 2 Bleed)

Edited by Teayre

As the mob vanished in a brilliance at the end of her blade Ariel put a somehow puzzled expression

"A-chan ...is it now?" muttered the blonde in surprise while watching the scarlet figure slowly drawing away from her. With a light chuckle she began following Teayre, sliding her own black rapier into it same colored leather scabbard. She gently grabbed with her left hand, the orange lucky charm attacked to her weapon's hilt then began fidgeting with it as she addressed Teayre, taking note of her sudden good mood.

"I hope we get to fight something more challenging, at least that's what 'fun' goes by in my book. This was a good warm up... to say the least" in the same time she gathers her right hand into a fist as she can still sense the blood rushing at a high speed and the remaining adrenaline of the just finished fight. 

OC: Sorry for taking so long to get back to this :3

“It’d be good if we got to fight some slightly hard mobs yeah…” Her voice drifted off as she peered into the darkness her eyes squinting. Shaking her as she continued walking forwards Teayre looked back at Ariel. “You know I wonder what else there’ll be on this floor, I mean with Tartarus and everything it’s meant to be like a giant prison right?”  

A loud crunch sounded under foot and Teayre jumped forwards spinning letting out a squeal as she drew her katana.  As she peered down at the owner of the noise she sighed and quickly sheathed her weapon blushing. She walked away from the stick that she had trodden on and muttered to Ariel, “That didn’t happen okay?” 

OOC: no problem :D I've been on a short break myself. what do you say if we end this topic and continue it in another, using the new system?

Grabbing the lucky charm a little lower by its string, the blonde started slowly spinning it parallel to her left while responding to the crimson figure in front of her:

"Well there is the Cerberus and his puppies but since I slayed him in a previous occasion, killing him again won't be as exciting as the first time." she showed a slight grin as she continued: "Even if the party size will be smaller this time" Abruptly coming to a halt the blonde takes a look behind looking in the approximate direction of the city they came from, Yomi. More precise she is imagining the two giant NPC dragons that stand guard at its entrances.  

"On the other hand, a dragon would be a nice challenge. I wonder if we will be able to fight the two NPCs sometime." 

Her attentions got drawn by Teayre's sudden move as her hand stopped spinning the weapon attachment and was beginning to draw the black blade out of its scabbard. Seeing that is was nothing she lets it slip into its place with a soft *clank* as she lets out a subdued snort:

"What are you even talking about?" she asked, barely able to calm a incoming chuckle. Then she caught up to Teayre and brought her 'glow stick' in front to see their surroundings a bit better.

OOC: Sounds good, let’s just snag the SP & col from this thread :3

Teayre blushed some more as Ariel snorted at her. Turning her head away she began looking around her eyes straining. “You know… A dragon would be fun, I remember fighting one on the fourth floor.” She paused for a moment blinking several times in quick succession before returning her to face Ariel. “It was back before I had my shop there and when a certain took me out… Damn thing attacked him, it was the last thing it did.” A wicked smile crossed Teayre’s face as she spoke of the dragon that she and Calrex had face followed by a sigh.

“Also Ariel, you’re going to have to get my dress designed soon… I’ve only got three conditions. It needs to be purple. It needs to make me look utterly fabulous, I’m talking Calrex getting a nosebleed fabulous… Well and everyone else who attends our wedding…" Pausing for a moment Teayre grinned mischievously at Ariel waiting to gauge her reaction before she carried on, "Finally you need to get a similar matching one but no purple oh and no out shining me it’s my day after… I mean… I can’t have my maid of honour looking scruffy can I?”

Edited by Teayre

"Desho?" she replied as soon as Teayre confirmed her words, letting a displeased sigh as a translation bubble with the word 'Right?' appeared. Then continued to listen about the read head's fight with a dragon. 'There is a dragon on the 4th floor? Guess I'll have to look into that later' she thought, making a mental note to inquire about the matter with the information brokers. Her eyes switching from their surroundings to the girl. She was surprised to see that wicked smile on her face.

"It seems that I wasn't the only one that got changed by this 'death game'" see said with a sad smile. But that quickly turned into a genuinely happy one as Teayre mentioned the wedding plans, nodding and taking mental notes on the conditions. But as soon as the words 'maid of honor' reached her ears, they caught her off guard.

"Maid of honor......me?" she stutters with a dumbfounded expression that she rarely shows, displaying exactly how surprised she was. Her eyes raced from left to right, not knowing how to proper reply, she utters the following: "You don't have to worry T-chan.... I'm not that into cute dresses.... not with my height and... these....." she abruptly stops talking, blushing as she hugs her waist in embarrassment, raising her generous bosom in the process. 

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion