[PP-F9] Gathering with Fire Dos (Meokka)

[19142] LD: 17 [15+2]

The cavern opened up into wide room. Dimly lit by the lava coursing through the walls like veins in a body. Further ahead, rocky steps descended down into the depths below, most likely leading to more goods as well as more monsters. Oikawa stepped inside. He scoured the walls and floors like a squirrel searched for acorns in a tree. He clutched his plushie, hoping it would increase his chances like it did many times before. Meokka seemed to remain silent as they traversed the cavern floor. Perhaps she was searching for some materials of her own. A shiny glint caught his eye. Walking towards it, he inspected the Lava Ingot before procuring it and adding it to their collection. Yelling across the cave, Oikawa exclaimed, "You were right. It seems the materials spawn more frequently in here."

[2/14]

[Oikawa's Personal Loot: N/A]

[Meokka's Personal Loot: N/A]

Guest Meokka

19143 15 + 2

Meokka walked in with him and something caught her eye. She walked over. She smoothed it over. It wasn't red. It was black. Yet if she turned her head just right she saw some red. "Interesting." She brought out her pickaxe and used it on the vane. A good sized chunk fell off. And then it turned blue. "Crap I broke it.....Wait. Maybe not." The blue turned into an array of shards stuck to one another. She picked it up and looked at the item name. "Fascinating."

<<Lavanite>> it was a spoof off a real stone in the real world called painite. "Hey sensai look." she went over to show him. "I guess that's one out of seven for me. Maybe I'll be able to find some of the ores you were talking about." She beamed.

[19155] LD: 3 [1+2]

The blonde turned on his heel as Meokka exclaimed she had found a material of her own. "Oi, I haven't seen that one before. Nice find!" He took a mental picture of the item before returning to his searching. He flipped rocks, destroyed rocks and kicked rocks all in search of a material. But to no avail. He wanted to scour the cave one more good time before offering that they delve below. He turned and observed Meokka, as she searched for more materials herself. maybe she'll have better luck than myself in here. He thought, chuckling to himself in the process.

[3/14]

Guest Meokka

19156 7 + 2 = 9

She looked around for some of the ruby ore he mentioned before. She didn't seem to find any. "Should we go further in?" she asked him curiously. She wondered what he found funny. Though it was almost infectious as she almost laughed herself. She stomped her foot to stop herself and moved closer with yet another question.

"Are there other types of monsters I should be on the look out for?" she questioned.

She made another sweep before accepting the fact there weren't any ores down here worth mining for her. She looked back at him curiously.

[19233] LD: 3 [1+2]

After a final look around the boy sighed. There seemed to be no materials left in this part of the cavern. Glancing over to Meokka, she seemed to have given up on this part of the cave as well. She even offered for them to delve deeper. "I suppose some exploration is fine. Maybe we'll have better chances below." Oikawa began to head for the steps when Meokka asked another question. Taking a moment he thought. "Well aside for the mobs I mentioned earlier there are some <Fire Elemental(s)> and <Hell Hound(s)>. Aside from those, I'm at a loss." Reaching the steps, he took the first plunge.

[3/14]

Guest Meokka

19272 8

She hurridly followed after him and looked around. She didn't see any ruby deposits, or ores yet. She looked at him when he mentioned hell hounds. She remembered seeing their stats in a pamphlet. They looked rather menacing and hard to kill. She took in a deep breath. Then again the wyrms were also hard to kill. She moved closer to Oikawa. They'd have to rely on each other then. That was for certain. She nodded at his words not sure of what else to say really. Then something did striker her.

"I've never seen a fire elemental. Not even in the books they hand out. Are they as bad as the hell hounds?"

[19278] LD: 5 [3+2]

The two looked around. Checking the second floor for any signs of craftable materials. Their first search yielded no results. As they made a second round, Meokka asked Oikawa about the <Fire Elementals> he had mentioned previously. "To be honest, I haven't seen one myself either. Just a rumored mob that's suppose to stalk this floor. They could be easier or harder, but we won't know until we come across it ourselves I suppose." The blondes luck wth hunting was becoming dismal. He felt like no matter how hard he tried his luck just wasn't there.

[3/14]

Guest Meokka

19282 11 +2 (so close)

She looked around not seeing anything she took in a deep breath letting the hot hair fill her lungs. She let out a light cough at the taste of smoke in he mouth. She waved her hand in front of her face. Then tried to look around. She felt maybe they were better off fighting one. Maybe? She looked to her senpai and watched him for a moment. She nodded to herself and realized it was probably a good idea to bring that up. It looked like neither of them were having any luck at all.

"Maybe we should actively look for one."

[19287] LD: 3 [1+2] (My rolls are so bad...lol)

The blonde was so focused on finding a material, that Meokka's question spooked him. "Actively look for what?" his confusion was genuine until he thought back to about two minutes ago. Face-palming the blonde shakes his head and replies. "Oh duh. Sorry I'm just not myself. The orders are stressing me out and my luck here isn't helping. My apologies Meokka. I'm being a horrid teacher. As for your question, sure! Let's go hunting. Though I have not a clue about where or how they're located. Maybe it requires a special event to take place? It's make sense considering only a few have come across them." 

[3/14]

Guest Meokka

19289 12 + 2 14 (I have angered the dice gods.......Builds a temple and worships)

She looked around the area and didn't find anything. She looked to one of the lava pools and moved closer to it. Meokka grabbed a rock and looked at it then the lava. She tossed it in to see how hot it was. Though not seeing anything she left it alone. "Yeah, I meant the fire elementals. Don't worry about it. There's a lot we don't know about SAO yet after all." She went back to searching. "I'm not having any luck at all, are you senpai?" she asked placing her hands on her hips.

[19292] LD: 21 [19+2] (Our prayers have been answered!)

Nodding the blonde trailed Meokka as she inspected the lava pools. He decided to check the one opposite of her. Coincidentally enough. Floating in the center of the crater shaped pool lied a singular Lava Ingot. Unsheathing his rapier, Oikawa darted and jumped across the pool. Pointing his rapier at the material, it shattered as he landed along the other side. A notification popped up informing him that he had collected another material. "Well looky there. Another one for our collection!" Suddenly the cave rumbled. The pool rippled before a being emerged from the lava. "I think we found our <Fire Elemental>..."

[H:0] Oikawa: 71/71

[H:0] Meokka: 44/44

<Fire Elemental> 36/36

(7 base damage and deals Burn damage on natural rolls of 9 or 10)(Burn: -2 HP for 2 Turns)

[4/14]

Guest Meokka

19295 5 + 1

She could hear it bubbling. She turned around and everything was like a blur. A normal person wouldn't be able to attack it from suddenly spinning around. A normal person wouldn't be prepared for it. Meokka's eyes glowed purple as her <<Concentration>> ability activated. She didn't blink. Suddenly her blurred vision turned into tunnel vision. She struck the creature with her lance and backed away before running right into a pool of lava. "So that's how you get the mob to show up. Interesting." she smiled. "I managed to get a blow in, switch with me sensai."

[H:1] Meokka: 44/44

<Fire Elemental> 36/36 - 6 = 30/36

[19304] BD: 5 (2+3)

MD: 4

Meokka reacted quickly as the Elemental emerged from the lava. Activating her <Concentration> skill, she gained enough focus to deal the opening damage. That however caused her to become the mobs target. The Elemental sent a column of lava flying her way. Luckily she managed to evade the attack. Oikawa taking his cue from the girl, dashed towards the Mob and attempted to thrust his rapier through it's torso. However, his aim was slightly off as he nearly landed in the lava pool. "I missed so bad. Switch Meokka!" he exclaimed.

<Fire Elemental> 30/36

(7 base damage and deals Burn damage on natural rolls of 9 or 10)(Burn: -2 HP for 2 Turns)

Guest Meokka

19309 5

"Yes, senpai! I got it!"

Her eyes glowed and then suddenly she couldn't see anything. She went to strike and everything went black. She quickly stopped moving worried she'd run right into the lava. She rubbed her eyes and took a few steps back. The words skill unavailable appeared above her. "Senpai I can't see!" that never happened to her before. After a few more moments her sight returned, but she knew her attack of oppertunity had passed.

[H:1] Meokka: 44/44 1/5 concentration.

<Fire Elemental> 30/36

[19315] BD: 9 (9+3)

MD: 1

As the bluenette switched in, something happened. She attempted to attack the Elemental but her Concentration skill back-fired as it hadn't cooled down yet. "Your skill hasn't cooled down yet! Stay put until you regain your sight!" he shouted as he watched to make sure nothing happened to her. Finally regaining her vision, she called for a switch allowing Oikawa to take the vanguard and move in for a swift attack. His rapier ripped through the air as he plunged it into the core of the Mob, causing a critical hit. The creature staggered back as its health bar dropped to barely above half. Grinning, the blonde stepped back  and yelled to Meokka, "Switch!" He stood by to make sure she didn't go blind again or at the least to help if things got hairy.

[H:2] Oikawa: 71/71

<Fire Elemental> 20/36 (-10)

Guest Meokka

19324 9 =+ 2 from armor for missing not a nat 10 crit but a nat 9 crit

Concentrate 2/5

"Sorry senpai I'll try not to let that happen again!" She ran forward and thrust her lance against the elemental trying to push it towards Oikawa. She twirled her lance and jumped back. She took a step back seeing it's eyes glow red and turn towards her. Then a purple aura went around it. "Hey stop looking at me you creep." there was a zapping like noise. Meokka's lance was also glowing a purple like hue. Meokka just smiled. "Now do you get it. You can't hit me now. Senpai it's paralyzed! Lets go for a full frontal assault!"

[H:2] Oikawa: 71/71

<Fire Elemental> 13/36 (-7)

[19367] BD: 8 (5+3)

MD: Paralyzed

Oikawa chuckled when the girl apologized. He remembered when he would forget stuff like that. It was all part of growing he supposed. As the bluenette rushed forward, her attack thrusted the Elemental towards him. As it tried to move, a static visual wrapped around the being confirming it had been Paralyzed. Meokka teased the Mob before calling for another switch. No later than the words leaving her lips, a white blur dashed past her leaping skywards.His rapier pointed down, the figure dropped and pierced the Elemental causing it to clutch it's chest and fall over. "Good work on the paralysis. The final hit is all yours, " he stated with a wide grin.

[H:3] Oikawa: 71/71

[H:3] Meokka: 44/44

<Fire Elemental> 4/36 (-9)

Guest Meokka

19382 8

"Hai, sensai!" she ran at the enemy and thrust her lance into it. It was red then burst into blue shattering everywhere. She smiled at her kill and looked back to Oikawa. "Let me know if you find anything good from the drop sensai." she smiled at him. She didn't mind if he looked for the drops. She knew they'd be getting one material at least. "You can have it sensai, I'll get the next one. If we're lucky maybe we'll fight two at a time." she told him feeling confident. 

[Gained 1 Material from Mob Loot Drop]

[19387] LD: 15 [13+2] (Another one!)

Oikawa nodded as he collected the loot drop and added it to their stash. As told, he informed Meokka of the loot gained. "We gained 1 material from that fight! Good work!" Her battle skills were good and he was glad to have her around. Looking ahead, he searched for the next set of stairs leading down. Once he spotted them, he gestured for Meokka to follow. As they walked pass the pools of lava, another glint caught his eye. Stopping on a dime, he pointed to a cluster just to the left of them. "Look! It's a Ruby Ore!" Grasping it, he added it to the collection an moved forwards.

[5/13] 

[Oikawa's Personal Loot: 1 Material]

(ooc: changed how many we needed to 13 since we nabbed one in our last thread.)
Guest Meokka

19390 7 +2 (My other thread I'm finding them like hot cakes this one nope XD)

She nodded and started to draw it in the paint application that SAO had. She then used the print screen option and placed it all together. "That's a really beautiful ore sensai." she nodded pleased he found it. "I'll look around and see if I can find one." Sadly she didn't see one. "Hm, maybe I have to get more competitive about it." she slapped her face gently with her hands as if washing her face. "For crafting sake wish me luck." it was like a small prayer. She was off to try to find a ruby deposit if it was the last she she'd do! She'd find one for sure!