[PP-F4] Frostbite right in the Ashe <<Avalanche>> (Jomei) [COMPLETE]

Ssendom warped onto the fourth floor after triggering the Teleportation Gate on the first floor. "Chilling damn it's cold here." He blurted out, making a terrible pun since saying hot damn wouldn't make any sense. He brought down his HUD menu and checked the map of where he had noted where Avalanche spawned, he circled 3 specifics points that had a high chance of a monster spawning. "That way we can evaluate how good the other is, and I can meld my fighting style to accommodate how he fights in conjunction" He then explained to himself pointlessly. Ssendom had already equipped all his gear and was very satisfied that he had increased his weapon skill after a completed quest, he trudged outside the town and through the snow to get near the location of where he wanted to hunt, which was located right next to Avalanche's spawn location. Ssendom dropped his HUD Menu then pulled up the private messenger and began to type out:

<< To: Jomei >>

Are you ready to slay some Winter Wasteland creatures before taking on Avalanche? If so, meet me at these co-ordinates.

<< From: Ssendom >>

He implemented his exact co-ordinates into the message before pressing send. He crouched down into the icy brush allowing him to somewhat stay hidden even though he didn't have the skill to improve his hiding at all and awaited Jomei as he continued to fiddle around in his HUD Menu. 'We'll take the West spawn point, then the north spawn point... If all goes well, we won't have to do the East point, may not even need to do the north camp. Just depends on how we fight together.' He thinks to himself as he waits, He then continued to think and plan how they were going to go about things as if he were a strategist.

In a flash of blue light, Jomei found himself up on the 4th Floor again. He looked up at the falling snow with a smile on his face. He had good memories from the last time he was up here. The brisk, winter air finally hit Jomei as he shivered. Oh yeah, cold.. He lifted his scarf a bit to cover more of his neck, and he also pulled the collar up on his shirt. 

He lifted his hand into the air and opened up his HUD to check a PM.

<< To: Jomei >>

Are you ready to slay some Winter Wasteland creatures before taking on Avalanche? If so, meet me at these co-ordinates...

<< From: Ssendom >>

Jomei smirked. He had only just met this guy earlier today and he was already about to fight a mini boss with him. Granted, he already had a feeling what they were in for, being completed this quest with Ahti. However, quests in SAO had a habit of changing up from time to time, so he was ready for anything. While in his HUD, he went to his inventory and equipped his Summerthorn and Summertime Blaze. 

He made his way out of the town towards the coordinates Ssendom sent him. Once he got there, he took a look around to see if he could find his friend. "Oi! Ssendom you here?" Jomei called out.

Ssendom exited the brush when Jomei got the, he ruffled his hair to have the snow fall off of it, "Right here Jomei, glad you were interested in fighting this Mini-boss with someone you just met." He held his hand out while he talked to give Jomei a respectable handshake. Afterwards he turned his attention to the spawn location, "Alright we can do this one of two ways, depending on what you feel like doing. We can get a feel for each other by fighting some ice elementals that spawn around this location to get a feel for how each other fights, or we can head to the center of the zone allowing avalanche to surge out the ground and get to fighting right away." He explained, "Either way, I love to hunt."

He dropped down his HUD one last time to inspect his stats and look over his consumables keeping note of everything he had, 'I am too excited about this hunt to sit still, but I still must keep my Monster Hunting Bloodlust as I like to call it in check till I understand kind of who he is and what his fighting style looks to be.' Without adjusting his gaze, he see's in his peripheral vision that Jomei has a Rapier attached to his side. Ssendom could then feel the weight of his massive greatsword on his back by just a little while thinking of the weight differences between the two weapon, the hilt peaking over his head and the tip of the scabbard almost moving the snow behind him, 'I think I'll enjoy the difference in fighting styles with this man. Completely different style of fighting, this is going to be fun.' He begins to slightly smirk.

"I think we should try and head straight for the spawn point" Jomei punched his open palm. He felt fighting a couple smaller monsters first could be tricky. What if one of the mobs got the upper hand on Jomei or Ssendom, and knocked their health down into the red. Then how would they be able to fight the Avalanche fairly. "Ive fought alongside and against other broadsword users before, I may have a basic idea of what to expect, just as I'm sure you have worked with speedy fighters before." 

He crossed his arms and let a smirk appear on his face. 

"Besides, I have a score to settle with this thing." Jomei thought back to when he first made his way up the mountain to fight the Avalanche with Ahti. The moment he was talking about was when the monster pierced his shoulder and almost killed him by throwing him over the edge of the mountain. He wasn't going to let that happen again. 

Jomei unsheathed his sword, the silver blade let off a golden shine, and he picked his buckler up off of his back. 

"You ready?"

ID: 19244

BD: 2 + 1 = 3 (Miss)

MD: 5 (Miss)

Ssendom grins in excitement when Jomei suggests to skip all the trash and go straight for the main course. Ssendom yanks out his Dusk Reaver, with it's multi-blade setup looking as dark and unsettling as possible, He drops the blade upon his shoulder and gets ready for a thrilling battle, "I haven't fought beside a single Rapier user, Once with a one-handed sword wielder and a few times with the same spear fighter... I wouldn't say I am too accustomed to speed fighters, but it matters not. As long as you're good at fighting, you have my respect." He rambles on to Jomei who seemed to have the same smirk as Ssendom.

"Settle a score? Instead of settling it, how about we thrash this thing and leave it begging for death. I personally love to listen to the cries of the meek." He says with a hunger to fight to the creature. "Ready? I was born to be. Lets do this." He exclaims then blitz's forward triggering the spawn of Avalanche, erupting from the ground placing it's feet on solid surface and stands much taller than both the player's combined. As it gained it's balance on the ground the world reshaped and replaced the destroyed ground, It brought it's giant hand up and thrusted it towards the ground, Ssendom was able to dive out of the way narrowly avoiding the hit but the shockwave of the strike threw him a distance away completely halting all the momentum he had built for the attack, "Oh this is gonna be fun, Go Jomei! Your opportunity is there!" Ssendom shouted to Jomei as he got up to charge again.

Hate:

0 Ssendom - 32/32

0 Jomei - 38/38

Avalanche - 50/50

Jomei watched as Ssendom attacked. He already knew this fight was going to be different from his last encounter. 

"Right." he nodded. He quickly ran forward at high speeds. The ice monster's fist was still smashed into the ground. Before he could lift his hand up, Jomei took it as an opportunity to use it as a ramp. He leapt onto its fist as it began to lift up, and ran up its arm. As he brought his sword back to slash at its head, it threw its arm upward, knocking Jomei off balance and sending him into a flip over the monsters head. He landed in the snow behind him and quickly span around. 

ID: 19245

BD: 4(+1) Miss

Hate:

0 Ssendom - 32/32

0 Jomei - 38/38

Avalanche - 50/50

ID: 19247

BD: 2 + 1 (Miss)

MD: 10 (F**K MY A**HOLE!)

Ssendom continued his charge, he became distracted for when he watched Jomei rush up Avalanches arm. 'That is quite intelligent, while it's arm is pinned to the ground he has a clean shot at the head.' Then Avalanche threw Jomei over his head ruining the chance he had at strong attack, 'It happens. He'll get another shot.' As Ssendom thought this he turned his head forward to see that avalanche was not only bringing his arm up but was using the momentum from it to shoot an underhand shot that cleanly struck all of Ssendom's front side before he could try to dodge or block against it. The punch was completely on point and so devastatingly powerful it launched Ssendom back into a wall on the mountainside, he slid down from the cracked earth and coughed out blood. He looks up towards Avalanche who was a long distance away now, "Oh yeah... Now I'm having FUN!" He shouted in a bonechilling bloodcurdling voice. He began to charge recklessly forward dragging his blade across the ground in a fit of pure bloodlust that exuded from him as the aura could be felt from miles away.

Hate:

0 Ssendom - 27/32

0 Jomei - 38/38

Avalanche - 50/50

ID: 19252

BD: 5(+1) 

DMG: 6

Jomei cringed as he saw his friend get pummeled into the mountainside by The Avalanche. "Oi! You alright lad!?" He called out. He figured he was okay, just looked like a hell of a punch. Jomei looked to the monster who was too distracted by Ssendom crashing into the wall. Nows my chance. He planted his foot in the snow and took off again, holding his sword with two hands pointing upwards. Heh, guess where this is going, ugly. He thought to himself with a smirk. As he approached the monster, he thrusted his sword upward... exactly where you think it was going. "1000 Years of Pain!" He yelled as his sword punctured the ice elemental in the rear. He dislodged his sword and jumped back. "Thats payback!" He chuckled and smirked.

Hate:

0 Ssendom - 27/32

1 Jomei - 38/38

Avalanche - 44/50

ID: 19255

BD: 10 + 1 = 11 (Redemption.)

MD: 2 (Miss)

Ssendom's couldn't hear his ally calling out to him, his heartbeat was quick his eyes narrowed his mouth hanging open as his tongue hangs outside like a rabid beast or some kind or a savage berserker. He was completely in the zone, he continuously cackled in a petrifying way. Avalanche lifted his fist and thrusted it forward just before Jomei gave the overgrown elemental a prostate exam, it's fist collided with the ground and without hesitation Ssendom rushed up it. Dragging his blade along the arm data fragments spilt out along his path. Avalanche attempted to stop him by slamming his other palm into Ssendom, but he quickly got past it, "AINT THIS FUN AVALANCHE!" He shouted in the most disturbing voice yet heard from him while he swings his blade with devastating force completely slicing off a portion of the ice giants head removing one of the eye locations. Avalanche thrashed about crying in anguish causing Ssendom to kinda lose balance and force him to jump away over near Jomei. He turned his head and looked at him, "I love when the prey fight back." He said an eerily voice, yet reassuring that his intentions weren't focused towards him at all, the feeling that could be felt was peaceful towards him.

Hate:

1 Ssendom - 27/32 

1 Jomei - 38/38

Avalanche - 44/50 - (1 Base, 3 DMG, 2 Skill, 1 Ath, 2 Crit) 35/50

Id:19261

Bd:7(1)

Dmg: 6

As Ssendom landed next to him, the sound of his voice send chills down Jomei's spine. He didnt know what to think. (T..this guy.. Really enjoys killing.. Good thing hes no PKer) there was a bit of sweat as he looked at the devilish grin on the man's face. His gaze turned back to their enemy, who was still staggered from Ssendom's last attack. Jomei took this as an opportunity. He began to run along the base of the mountain, picking up speed. He began to run up the wall diagonally using his <sprint and acrobatics> skill. When he was level with The Avalanche's head, he kicked off the wall and went into a spin with his sword out. He connected with the cracks in his head that Ssendom had created. Once his sword made contact, more of the beast's head began to crack. Jomei fell onto The Avalanche's shoulder and used its icy body to slide down its arm and gain distance from it.

Hate:

1 Ssendom - 27/32

2 Jomei - 38/38

Avalanche - 29/50

ID: 19266

BD: 2

MD: 1

Ssendom began to calm down a little after he saw Jomei begin to sweat, but the hunger was still there he wanted to take another go towards the boss but the pain receptors were beginning to kick in. He was unable to take off, relegated to his knee in snow. He began to huff and puff as he let the snow fall on him, he was waiting for the numbness to come through with the cold and he was awaiting his body to catch up to where his mind was. 'Gotta relax, can't go crazy or people will not want to talk to me... I refuse to leave a bad image with anyone.' He began to think over himself as he had let go his controlled mental state. He returned to his breathing practices so he retake control of his bloodlust for hunting, his sword planted into the ground to keep himself up for the moment.

Avalanche took another strike from Jomei upon the weakened zone that Ssendom seemed to devastate, it couldn't focus due to the pain it was feeling. It lost it's vision and depth perception, it could feel Jomei sliding down it's arm. It swung wildly at where it thought Jomei was but as it's fist collided with the ground, it realized it couldn't pull it's arm out. It began to freak out, tugging and pulling it's arm as hard as it possibly could, but to no avail it felt like it was helpless in it's entirety.

Hate:
1 Ssendom - 27/32 
2 Jomei - 38/38

Avalanche - 29/50 

ID: 19293

BD: 2(+1) Miss

Jomei saw Ssendom looked like he was having trouble, so he quickly ran to him and stood in front of him. He was facing the Avalanche with his sword and shield up. "Hang in there." he was looking over his shoulder at him as he was slouched over using his sword. "Looks like his fist is stuck, so we have a couple seconds to recuperate." He was grinning at him now with furrowed eyebrows. "Where'd that hunting spirit go lad? Don't tell me you're getting soft on me." Jomei decided to skip his opportunity to attack, just to make sure Ssendom got back in action. 

Hate:

1 Ssendom - 27/32 
2 Jomei - 38/38

Avalanche - 29/50 

ID: 19294

BD: 9 + 1 = 10 (Crit DMG + 1)

MD: 8 - 2 = 6 (Hit)

Ssendom chuckled, "Nah, I'm not losing that fighting spirit. Just my nerve endings finally caught up with the punch." He stands up snow falling off him, "Now that everything's gone numb, I'm good to go. Now... Lets do this." That same sinister grin returned as he quickly rushed forward faster than expected. He rushed straight up to Avalanche then leaped forward, he kicked off from it's massive leg piercing his blade into the giants arm that is stuck in the ground. He gripped his blade using it as leverage to give him a boost to run up the giant's arm. "I'm taking the other side of the head this time!" Just as he was about to reach it, Avalanche ripped it's arm out of the ground then side swiped it at Jomei shoving massive amounts of snow in sort of an avalanche like effect throwing the man a distance away from where he originally was standing. "HEY YOU PIECE OF S**T, PAY ATTENTION!" He stopped his movement at the shoulder of the beast stabbing his blade down directly into the sweeping arm. It cracked more and more and almost completely shattered off before shaking Ssendom off and throwing him back to near where Jomei was, he vaulted through the snow to prevent taking fall damage. He slid over to Jomei, "You alright?" He worriedly asked before noticing he was okay. "The left shoulder is completely cracked, one sure strike and you can shatter it off." He mentioned to Jomei as he offered him a hand out of the snow.

Hate:

1 Ssendom - 27/32 
2 Jomei - 38/38

Avalanche - 29/50 - (1 Base + 3 DMG + 2 Skill + 1 Ath + 1 Crit = 8 DMG) = 21/50

ID: 19296

BD: 10(+1) Crit Hit

DMG: 6(+2) = 8

Damn, this guys good. He watched as Ssendom as he made his way up the beast, piercing its arm into the ground making for an easy attack on its upper body. Jomei took a step forward, ready to back him up, but as the snow crunched beneath his feet, he saw The Avalanche take notice of him again. Its hand ripped from the ground, some pieces shattering off of it. The sideways motion of his hand was no where near hitting Jomei, but it picked up a ton of snow that blew Jomei backwards from the weight of it. As he tumbled backwards from the snow, it covered him. He heard Ssendom yelling to him from above the pile. The snow in front of Jomei began to melt, as he was pressing his Summertime Blaze up against it. The heat generating from the monster's attack was enough to melt the snowy tomb that surrounded Jomei. 

He saw a hand reach in to pull him out. He stretched his arms and caught the gaze of this Icy Elemental. He spun his sword in his hand. "Alright, now its my turn." He said in a lower, more serious tone than usual. In a dust of snow, he was gone. He sprinted at full speed towards the beast, who was trying to crush him with both hands. He easily sidestepped the attacks. The Avalanche picked up both of its fists in an attempt to bring them both down in one spot. As he did, Jomei jumped to the mountain side, and kicked off, flying just above its hands that were now smashed into the ground. He span in the air and threw his shield with all of his might, piercing through both hands, pinning them to the floor. He landed on top of the shield and spun his sword again, this time the silver blade began to glow gold like sunlight. He ran up the arms of the beast to the shoulder Ssendom had damaged.  Jomei leapt to arrive just in front of his shoulder. He began to slash the enemy's shoulder with very swift movements, creating a cross. "Celtic.. Cross.." He finished his attack by thrusting his sword through the center of his cross sectional attack "Strike!" He pierced straight through, its shoulder shattering, dislocating from the rest of its body. 

Hate:

2 Ssendom - 27/32 
3 Jomei - 38/38

Avalanche - 13/50

ID: 19368

BD: 5 + 1 = 6 (Hit)

MD: 6 - 2 = 4 (Miss)

Ssendom grins as he watches the entire arm collapse and shatter into billions of blue data fragments, you could almost immediately see the effect on Avalanche as he began to lose absolute balance due to the size and mass of his arms. The Giant began to topple over and collapse on the ground. Ssendom hesitated none, instantly he began to charge during the fall, He brought his weapon to the side of his body and it began to glow. He lunged up on it's arm then leaped into the air bringing his blade above his head, as he reached the point of decent directly over the center of it's body he plunged his sword into the dead center of the Giant. "REPEARS CLUTCH!" He shouted as the entire being flashed in a color of black. It's whole body began to crack and shatter in various places from the epicenter of the stab, Ssendom then ripped the sword out of the creature and shouted at Jomei. "FINISH HIM!" Knowing the next strike upon the Giant would destroy it from either of them.

Hate:

2 Ssendom - 27/32 
3 Jomei - 38/38

Avalanche - 6/50

ID: 19374

BD: 2(+1)

The Avalanche's body began to fall apart as it staggered back and forth losing balance. Jomei tightened his grip on his sword and took a step to run forward, but their enemy began crashing into the side of the mountain. The loud crash was immediately followed by the sound of ice cracking, and moments later, a low rumbling that became louder and louder by the second. Large chunks of ice and snow began falling from the mountainside. "I guess he's planning on taking us down with him!" Jomei tried to yell to Ssendom, but the sound of his voice was cut off by the loud thuds and crashes. He attempted to run forward and continue with his attack, but was too preoccupied with dodging the snowy debris that fell from the mountain above them. "I can't get in too close, its on you!"  He blocked some of the incoming ice blocks with his shield.  

Hate:

3 Ssendom - 27/32 
3 Jomei - 38/38

Avalanche - 6/50

ID: 19386

BD: 9 + 1 = 10 (Crit. And Slain)

LD: 4 (No extra bonus, One Material Obtained)

He looked over at Jomei who was having a difficult time by the avalanche that Avalanche started, "Well... That's not so ironic, but yet somewhat Ironic." He said under his breath which he couldn't hear due to the rediculously loud sounds of the avalanche that Avalanche made. He picked up his blade high and mightily, then jammed it down into the center of where he struck with his Reaper's Clutch. Just as he pierced into it, both him and Avalanche became completely covered in snow. After a few seconds passed, all the snow exploded from the epicenter of where Avalanche was completely revealing Ssendom walking towards Jomei and multiple billions of data fragments filling the air behind him. It was like an explosion in those movies you see where the guy doesn't care that a pole could totally go through his head you know? Yeah totally (Just for the sake of the joke XD). The explosion of data fragments cleared the area of the built up snow that came down from the mountain, "Now that's how you kill a Motherf**ker." Was all he said to Jomei reaching him.

Hate:

4 Ssendom - 27/32 
3 Jomei - 38/38

Avalanche - -2/50 Dead

As Jomei sidestepped another piece of the avalanche falling on top of him, he saw Ssendom go in for the killing blow. His sword pierced into the beast and shattered it like glass. He stood up straight, spinning his blade in his hand and sheathing it, also unequipping his shield. Jomei nodded and gave him a light clap before crossing his arms. "Quite impressive, lad." He grinned. He's strong, really strong. May have had that small.... 'freak out' back there, but definitely the right person to have on your side... "Definitely took care of him a lot faster than I had." He took a few steps past him and looked up at the sky, a combination of white snow and blue data rained down on top of them. "You're quite the warrior, Ssendom. It was an honor fighting with you." He held out his fist to be bumped. 

He highfived Jomei while placing his Greatsword into it's scabbard. He lifted it off his back and placed it into his inventory HUD menu then closed it crossing his arms, "Thank you. Really I just got lucky, plus I had strong fighter apart of my team, made that giant hunk of frozen water an easy thing to defeat" He clamly expressed, complimenting Jomei and his ability to fight. He stretched and placed his hands behind his head as Jomei complimented him again. "I'm no more a warrior than you are Jomei, the honor was all mine good sir." He fist bumped Jomei with enough strength to not be painful but to show respect to him at the same time. "Shall we go back to the town, Lowenthal is gonna want to kick himself for missing out on this one. It was worth taking that punch. And by the way, sorry for revealing how I truly act when I hunt. I tend to hide it very well when with others since I wish not to place harm upon them. My focus is to slaughter the monsters of this world, I can still tell a distinct difference between the two." He explains to Jomei as he begins to walk back to town.

"Hah, I'm sure Lowenthal has enough on his plate with that girl he's having trouble with." Jomei chuckled as he thought about a girl himself. The two began their trek through the snow back to town. The further they got away from the mountainside, the calmer the snowfall got. That was good, at least, make their walk easier. Definitely easier than it was when he first fought the Avalanche and had to actually climb up the mountain through a blizzard. Jomei shivered at the thought of how cold it was. 

When Ssendom mentioned how he loses control sometimes when he fights, Jomei lifted his palm to him and shook his head. "It took me by surprise, yeah.. But I have no problem with it. Im just glad to have you on our side than have to worry about an orange cursor above your head." He pointed to the currently green cursor above his friends head.