[PP-F2] New Times (Oikawa) (Completed)

Kotori found herself quietly sitting down in the empty place she called her home and cafe. It was a place she had not remembered telling certain people about and made her quite lonely at times, which a lot of the time was preferable to the somewhat busy life that consumed her time in SAO. In her neglect to do so, she found herself also with no business at all which made her feel that she wasn't crafting good items to sell. Nonetheless, she needed to contact a boy about her new establishment even though she knew the building that he loved to visit for a certain pie. Opening up her messenger, the girl manged to type up a PM to Oikawa and waiting silently for his reply to her request. Hopefully he wasn't busy at the moment or she would find herself crafting again.

To: Oikawa

Hey, its Kotori here as you managed to guess from the messenger, but anyway I just wanted to say that I took the earning a living quest and got myself a cafe! Its on the second floor although you'll manage to find it by the tracker... so yeah!

For the first time this week, the forge was empty and offered nothing to do. Although he had orders, he was out of materials and furthermore he was enjoying his break from crafting. The blonde yawned as he drew circles on his counter. Making them big and small, skinny and wide, and thick and thin. it wasn't until his sixty-third circle that he realized he was utterly bored. Ping! Sitting up, he flicked through his HUD and brought up the new message he had received. A grin crept along his face as he read the contents. So you got a cafe! Sweet I wonder if this means infinite snacks?

A montage of winged cheesecakes floating around him and Kotori played over in his head. Snapping back to reality, the blond whistles for King and exits the forge. Arriving at the teleportation gate, he brings up his menu and composes a response. Clicking send, he steps into the gate and recites the wording needed to move him tot he second floor. "Teleport, Urbus!"

To: Kotori

Subject: Cafe!

I'll be over shortly!

Kotori smiled slightly as a notification popped up and she clicked on it. He was on his way towards the shop and would be there soon which in SAO wouldn't take long. It was wonderful and they could possibly end up doing something together in the area or around. Maybe they could just talk a bit, but whatever they did, she would be considerably happy. She would need to bring up what she was in his shop the other day, but she didn't suspect anything malelovent at all in the kiss. It could be just a misunderstanding and that was it. That was if he wasn't lying inside. It wasn't a possibility however knowing Oikawa so she though otherwise, in fact she trusted him fully.

The town of Urbus materialized around the blonde and his companion as they stepped from the gate. People seemed to still live in the inns on this floor as well, considering it was quite crowded. Bringing up his friend tracker, he selected Kotori's name and zoomed in on her location. If she was still in her shop, then her cafe wasn't too far from his current spot. Taking a better look, he realized that the shop was located outside Urbus. Likely meaning she made it PKer accessible. I wonder why? Though I can't blame her since I'll be relocating as well once the next set of floors become available.

Picking the cub up, he raced through the crowd. Dodging players left and right, he finally made it to the exit gate. Checking once more, he determined which direction to head and stepped out into the fields. Heading just far enough out, he spotted a little shop up ahead. Sprinting, the cafe expanded like a baloon as he neared it. Taking a fe breaths to regulate his breathing, he pushed through the door and greeted Kotori from the doorway. "Ummm... Hi"

Elated to see the blonde standing in front of her shop, Kotori waved a hello and welcomed him inside her cafe as she stood ready to close the door behind him. Once he was inside, she would ask him what she really wanted to know although she couldn't do it in a bad manner as she didn't want Oikawa to feel worse or anything of that sorts. It seemed that he was bringing his pet along as she viewed the leopard stand its ground behind the owner with its snow-white fur with black dots contrasting the scenery around them. It was a bit odd that he brought it now out of all times, but she was still enjoyed petting the animal as it was very cute from her perspective.

Shaking off his nervousness, his typical warm smile returned to his face as he entered the shop. Closing the door behind him, Kotori began to pet King. "Ahh allow me. King, this is a very important person to me. Her name is Kotori. Kotori, this is my partner in crime King. I usually leave him to watch the shop but I figured he's tired of staring at armory and needed some fresh air." The cub purred as Kotori petted him. It was an odd sight for Oikawa, King usually hated being touched but he seemed to warm up to the girl in seconds. "Well at least he likes you. Normally he hates to be touched haha!"

Kotori stood there awkwardly as Oikawa decided to say around the same exact thing that he did the first time they had met each other. It was plausible tha the didn't remember introducing the cub to her, but maybe he was mistaking her for somebody else. Letting the boy finish, she decided to add in a few comments just to inform of a few things. "Uh.. I already know, remember that day?" she said as she walked forward to him. It was a bit odd for him to forget such a vital day, but she couldn't blame him for it because she sometimes forgot important stuff as well.

The blonde instantly grew crimson as he face palmed himself. "Wow that;s depressing. no wonder it seemed like he already knew you. How could I forget? King this is your fault haha. We should get out more I suppose." The blonde decided to take a seat at the singular table. The oak chair not feeling too shabby on him as he sat. "My slowness aside, Congratulations on your cafe! It's is lovely, though I might get a few more tables unless you don't expect dine-ins, in which case ignore me." He marveled the shop liking the style and home like vibe it gave off. Casual and comforting. Glancing up towards the girl, Oikawa spoke. "So um.. the other day, right before you entered my shop, a player named Zandra had came in. She had ordered an armor was picking it up. As she exclaimed how pleased she was with the armor, she uh..leaned over the counter and kissed my cheek. I figured you saw it seeing how we didn't exchange much words when you dropped off your order but I promise you it was nothing more than her just thanking me I suppose for lack of better words."

He was a little nervous after telling her what happened but he figured the truth was always the better option. Looking her in the eyes, he waited to see how she would respond to his claim.

Kotori was surprised to find Oikawa bringing up the topic instead considering she wasn't showing any signs of contempt or anger towards him and wasn't trying to imply it all, not that it was being implied. It was just harmless so she had no reason to worry which she wasn't doing so at all and she could rest well to day. "I get it.. its alright though, I wasn't really worried knowing you and how you are.. Just to see that.." she mumbled the last part to herself as it wasn't important to dwell on what happened. It was behind the two of them and there was much more important stuff to be doing at the moment then that. The blonde seemed to like the set-up of the cafe, although she had no say in how the building was made at all. It was generated after she finished her quest so she couldn't say anything about it.

Oikawa nodded as she touched on his comment. "Just figured I'd tell you, but now that is out of the way, what do you want to do?" He assumed she invited him over for more than just to see her cafe, not that he minded at all. He loved spending time with her. Even if it was just hanging out and talking in a cafe all day. He turned in his seat so that he was facing her. A little grey cat sneaked past Kotori's counter and Oikawa sighed. "What is that cat up to? Do you have anything important back there?" He inquired gesturing towards the counter.

Kotori turned to look at the cat in question and immediately jumped back in shock. Why was there a feline roaming around the cafe in the first place? It was a truly odd sight and she couldn't help question the existence of animal in the backroom. "I d-don't know, it wasn't here this morning!" she answered as she turned to Oikawa. She couldn't think of anything to say so instead she just kept quiet for the rest of the time that the cat stayed inside.

The blonde stared at the feline as it's tail switched about in the air before disappearing altogether behind the counter. As Kotori explained she hadn't seen the cat before, Oikawa patted King in the direction of the stray cat and told him to go investigate. "Well not to worry I have my best cat on the job! If it's vicious we'll know in a few minutes. ironically enough, in the real world I'm allergic to cats but in here I seem to be fine." The sounds of crashing pans and silverware alerted the boy to the noise in the back. "Um we should probably check on them huh?" Raising up from his seat, Oikawa walked over towards the counter and gasped. "Kotori.. this is um interesting to say the least."

Kotori found herself focusing on catching the stray cat in question. It seemed close, yet so far away from her grasp. It was a really simple task, but nonetheless she failed at it anyway. Dashing towards it as the feeling disappeared under the counter, the girl became airborne for a few seconds before crashing headfirst into the counter itself. An audible yelp arose as she slipped on the slippery flood below before no thing was heard from the area in question. She rubbed her head in pain when she overhear Oikawa talking as if he made a big discovery. There was something or somethings on the flipside of the counter. "What is it?!" she asked while continuing to comfort her wound with a soft touch.

The boy looked up as Kotori yelped in pain. "You alright?" he asked genuinely concerned. Walking towards her, he offered to help her up. Then he filled her in on his discovery. "Alright, so I think that cat might be glitched. You know how you couldn't catch it right? How it seemingly avoided your grasp every time you went to grab it. Well check this out." Walking her to the other side of the counter, they could see a series of after images of the aforementioned cat. It seemed to be moving but not going anywhere at the same time. "It's pretty weird right? What do you suppose caused it? Do you think the Cardinal System will delete it?"

Kotori nodded yes towards the boy as she got herself off from the floor itself. She was more interested in what Oikawa had found behind her counter considering she didn't see anything in the backroom. She had come up with a few ideas of what lied there, one in particular being a family of cats which would be highly unlikely, but still possible. It turned out to be something else entirely and it was actually the grey cat was glitched beyond anybody's dream. "Strange, I didn't know bugs like this.. Maybe the cardinal system would delete... unless. Oh god." This wasn't a small glitch or problem because the Cardinal System was too advanced for this to occur so easily. There was  possibilities, one of them that the her and Oikawa were lagging which could be lethal to them or the monsters were glitching all over Aincrad which could cause major problems and death. The first was much more likely, but both were equally as bad. She decided not to mention this to the boy because she didn't want to worry him at all. After all, it could be just a glitch after all.

"Me either. Though you have to wonder-", Oikawa stopped mid-sentence as the cat suddenly just disappeared. "What the?" He looked towards Kotori to gauge her reaction. Why did the cat disappear? Did Cardinal delete it just now? Why was it glitched in the first place? Questions flooded the boy's mind as he stood there in disbelief.

Crash!

Immediately running towards the door, Oikawa stood in the frame dropped his jaw as the sight before roared with anger. A hulking yet slender framed lion stood mere yards away from the cafe. Grey in color, Oikawa couldn't help to assume that it was the cat from earlier but reprogrammed as a Mob. "Uh..Kotori.. Mind giving me a hand here?"

Kotori eyes slanted slightly at the disappearance of the cat, there was something off about the incident itself and she couldn't help but feel suspicious about all of it in general. "That's odd, this is just too weird for me to figure out. Maybe.." It was odd for this to be just a incident confined here, but her answers were truly given when a lion seemed to take its place outside the café. It confirmed her suspicions to be correct and that was just what she needed. "You chose option B, you sly cat. I knew it." she revealed as she looked to turn at the monstrous beast. Obviously Oikawa was going to have questions about her statement, but the animal wasn't going to destroy her shop. They would need to take this fight to the outside and this time she would fight normally. Still, the clues behind the appearance were etchy at best and she would get try to understand if it was the last thing she did.

Option B? What is she on about? The blonde pondered as he stepped outside. Well regardless what is happening, that lion isn't going to tear down her shop. Not if I have anything to say about it. Grasping the hilt of his blade, he quickly pulled the rapier form it's sheath and pointed it towards the lion. "Care to join me beautiful?" he asked Kotori as he looked over his shoulder. It'd been a while since he complimented her, but there hasn't been a moment that has passed where he hasn't looked at her and thought she was as gorgeous as the setting sun on the night of there trip to the cave. He smirked, internally chuckling at how corny he sounded but it was the truth.

Dropping his stance, the blonde lunged forward. His sword slicing the wind as it pierced the lion's shoulder. The beast roared. Clawing at the player but swiping air as he jumped back towards the cafe. Unsure if she had decided to join the battle, Oikawa still called for a switch. "Kotori, switch!" 

[19491] BD: 7 (7+3) Hit

Oikawa: 71/71 [H:1]

Kotori: 29/29 [H:0]

[Lethal Lion] 27/36 (-9)

Deals 4 Damage

Kotori gave a slight sigh at the realization of having to actually engage battle with the lion, she had been right with her assumptions, but she wished she hadn't been at all. Nonetheless, she would have to go fight the monster in order to continue having Oikawa as her company with intent on it staying that way. That's when Oikawa decided to add in and say "Care to join me beautiful?" She nodded in a slight bout of disbelief with a tinge of rose filling her cheeks as she turned to look at the boy. There he was making feel all weird. Still, before she knew it, her attention turned back to animal. Now she would fight for real this time and she did this by running towards the animal quickly with her dagger point at its face. Her eyes were directed towards the target, although her focus was off which cause her to just barely miss the lion's head. Immediately she muttered a slight curse under her breath before going towards the blonde and standing by his side. It was his turn now and she sure to nod at him before awaiting an attack by both sides.

BD: 4 

Oikawa: 71/71 [H:0]

Lethal Lion: 27/36 

[base 4DMG)

[19623] BD: 5 (2+3) Miss

MD: 4 (7-3)

Although Kotori missed, Oikawa could see that she was serious about keeping this mob from damaging her shop. The blonde then brandished his shield as he lunged towards the enlarged feline. He kept the beast at bay as it attempted to pounce on the smaller blonde. His shield providing wondrous defense as he knocked the beast away. his focus however lessened as he then went for a lunge that missed it's mark. Where's the accuracy? I'm better than that. I have to protect her shop. The beast roared again, as if taunting the pair to come at it. "Your move Kotori. Lets keep this monster from tearing up your shop!"

Oikawa: 71/71 [H:1]

[Lethal Lion] 27/36 (-0)

Deals 4 Damage