SP - F7 Climbing Like A Mountain Goat (8th Day of Hunting/Gathering) (Complete)

ID: 20491

Loot Dice: 10 (Total Bonus +5) = 15

After running from the pursing monster Calrex quickly looked around the area he had stopped in, using his <<Reveal>> skill once again to get his bearings and see if there were able objects in the environment that would be of use as materials. To his luck there turned out to be a deposit of the imitation pumice stone he had found previously as he walked over, picking up a good sized hunk of the stone before adding it to his menu.

ID: 20493

Loot Dice: 8 (Total Bonus +5) = 13

As he continued look around in the deposit it seemed that there were no other pieces of the stone suitable for being used as a material as he gave a sigh, getting to his feet. "Alright, let's see what Roc managed to find in this area. Since we're further away from the mountains he's likely looking around on the same level as I am."

ID: 20494

Loot Dice: 15 (Total Bonus +5) = 20

Roc descended over to Calrex in a quick swoop as the falcon landed on the ground. Calrex looked over as he walked over to his familiar, "Alright Roc what was it you managed to find?"

In a quick release of the talon Roc dropped the object he was carrying, another handful of the cotton worm cocoons. Calrex quickly added them to his inventory as he gave a nod to the bird as he took off once again.

Total: 11

Danger Level:

Calrex: 1/3

ID: 20548

Loot Dice: 11 (Total Bonus +5) = 16

ID: 20549

Loot Dice: 15 (Total Bonus +5) = 20

ID: 20550

Loot Dice: 13 (Total Bonus +5) = 18

After Roc took off Calrex happened upon another deposit of the pumice stones, finding two that seemed to be of useable size. With a few swipes on his menu the rocks were added to his inventory as he got to his feet, "Alright, that makes fourteen so far. So taking into account the twelve for part of Ariel's order and the seven for Zelrius that means I need five more."

As Roc dropped down and delivered another handful of the cotton worm cocoons Calrex looked as he suddenly got a private message from Lowenthal, "Huh, he's in need of more materials already? I guess he's really getting into making those swimsuits. Well I've gotta focus on these two orders first, since I've already put them at the tail end of this trip, but I'll see if I can get some more form him to use."

Total: 14

Danger Level:

ID: 20555

Roc flew down once again as Calrex closed the message he had received, landing on the ground as he scratched the side of his beak. In his mouth there appeared to be the tail of another lizard as Calrex gave a small sigh, "Looks like you got hungry again huh? Well you've been doing a good job so far. Were you able to find anything?"

With a quick release of his talon Roc set down a branch before taking off back into the air. Calrex walked over and inspected the branch, looking to see that it was full of the berries from before. Picking enough for a handful Calrex added them to his inventory before getting to his feet, "Alright then, anything else in this that might be useful?"

ID: 20556

Loot Dice: 7 (Total Bonus +5) = 12

ID: 20557

Loot Dice: 5 (Total Bonus +5) = 10

After doing one more sweep of the immediate area with his <<Reveal>> skill Calrex was unable to find any more objects that might be suitable for use as materials as he gave a small sigh, "Alright then, I'd best keep moving down the path then. I'm not sure if that monster from earlier is still pursuing us or not, but I'm not going to take any chances."

Total: 15

Danger Level:

ID: 20589

Loot Dice: 5 (Total Bonus +5) = 10

After proceeding further down the path Calrex took a quick second to go through his material count, not noticing he had passed by a hidden object that could be used. It was another deposit of pumice stones, but at that moment it was not of interest, "Let's see. I'm at fifteen materials. Minus the twelve for Ariel, that leaves four that I need to get for Zelrius, plus I'm guessing another six for Lowenthal. So another 10 should be more than enough."

ID: 20590

As Calrex continued walking Roc descended once again as he landed in front of Calrex with another piece of lizard sticking out of its mouth. Calrex gave a nod as he looked at the bird's talons, "So, what'd you manage to find?"

Roc opened his claw, revealing the same stone Calrex passed by previously before taking off into the air, "Huh, nice work. Alright then."

He picked up the object and added it to his inventory in a flash of light. Calrex gave a sigh as he looked around. "Alright well at least Roc's having some luck right now. This area where I'm standing might be picked dry for some reason."

ID: 20591

Loot Dice: 6 (Total Bonus +5) = 11

It seemed that Calrex's suspicions were on the dot as he was unable to procure any more materials from the immediate area. Calrex gave a small sigh of disappointment as he continued walking, "Hopefully there's more further down this path. If not I need to backtrack and try an alternate route to see if that side has been touched."

Total: 16

Danger Level:

ID: 20606

Loot Dice: 19 (Total Bonus +5) = 24

ID: 20607

ID: 20608

After moving further down the path he had chosen around the mountains Calrex found what looked to be a big deposit of materials of all different kinds. Roc, who was unable to procure any items in the previous area, had flown down and also begun scavenging around, picking up what looked to be another branch full of berries.

At the same time Calrex found what looked to be a collection of what appeared to be a series of various kinds of gems, unrefined and stuck into the stone. He brought his fist back, his <<Martial Arts>> skill lighting his hand aglow with a yellow hue as he struck the rock, breaking it as the gems fell free. With all of these objects together there was enough for the equivalent of three materials as he gave a sigh of relief, "Alright, that fills Ariel's and Zelrius' orders. I'll need to stop by the Lion's Den, but I don't believe Zelrius has a shop, so I'll need to hold onto them until next time I see him. So for now let's focus on Lowenthal's request."

Total: 19

Danger Level:

ID: 20911

"Well, that's at least one..."

Calrex watched as Roc flew down from the air with what looked to be a strange chunk of skin held between its talons. As the falcon touched down he dropped the object before taking off into the sky once again, not even taking a second to look back at him before doing so. Calrex gave a shake of his head before inspecting the object, seeing that it was actually some piece of hide from a monster, possibly lizard scaled, "Huh, I guess this might be useful for Lowenthal, although I can't really picture someone pulling off lizard scale swimwear. It sound very...uncomfortable."

He added the item to his inventory before doing one last sweep of the immediate area.

ID: 20912

ID: 20913

There appeared to be a couple of objects that might be useful for materials, but they were currently immature and couldn't be utilized in their current state. Calrex made note of their locations before heading down the path, "Alright, just five more materials and I can call it a day, hopefully. It's still fairly early, so maybe I can use that free time to maybe find some materials for Teayre to use as well."

Total: 20

Danger Level:

ID: 20926

Loot Dice: 2 (Total Bonus +5) = 7

ID: 20927

Loot Dice: 4 (Total Bonus +5) = 9

ID: 20928

Loot Dice: 7 (Total Bonus +5) = 12

Unfortunately the new area that Calrex had entered into seemed to have been picked clean of materials as he quickly looked around. While there were areas that seemed to spawn materials, such as deposit sites for ores and roots of plants that might have been useful, there wasn't anything that he could actually make use of.

Calrex looked up as he heard Roc descend once again, looking at the falcon landed on the ground, "Alright Roc, what did you..."

Before he could even completely his sentence Roc took a bite out of whatever was in its talon. Upon closer inspection it turned out that the object Calrex thought was Roc's suggestion for a material was just another lizard, now with part of its arm missing. He gave a small sigh as he gave a nod to his familiar, which took off into the sky once again, "Guess all this work is starting to tire him out. Alright then, let's see how much more I can find."

Danger Level:

ID: 20989

Loot Dice: 2 (Total Bonus +5) = 7

ID:20990

Loot Dice: 1 (Total Bonus +5) = 6 (Danger Level +1)

ID: 20991

After spending some more time scouring the area for more materials Calrex gave a sigh of defeat as he found himself unable to find any more objects in the environment suitable for being utilized, "Man, even with all of the enhancements I've taken so far. I wonder of it's just that this part of the path is frequented too often, so the materials have a lower spawning rate or something."

With a quick turn Calrex looked over as he noticed the sound of movement heading towards him. To add to it Roc went flying past him in a blue blur. Figuring to not waste time trying to figure out what it was Calrex quickly took off further down the path, weaving past rocks and the like before stopping, catching his breath. "Guess that thing is still on us after all."

Danger Level:

Calrex: 2/3

ID: 21018

Loot Dice: 18 (Total Bonus +5) = 23

ID: 21019

Loot Dice: 11 (Total Bonus +5) = 16

After entering into the new area of the path after narrowly avoiding an encounter Calrex did a quick scan around the area using his <<Reveal>> skill to see if there were any objects that might be suitable for materials. To his luck there turned out to be a deposit of ore within a few paces of his location as he made his way over, kneeling down and retrieving two decent sized chunks of stone, adding them to his inventory shortly after inspecting them, "Huh, alright then, at least this area seems to have some materials still around. Let's just hope I've got enough for at least three more."

ID: 21020

As Calrex found the pieces of ore Roc descended from the air once again, dropping off a branch on the ground before taking off once again. Calrex made his way over, inspecting the branch. While for the most part it appeared to be in good shape, there was a couple of fruits that had been eaten off of it. It was a hair short of having enough for a handful. He gave a sigh and discarded the branch, along with its contents as he got to his feet, "Okay, three more to go at least."

Total: 22

Danger Level:

ID: 21094

After scavenging the area further Calrex gave a sigh as he got to his feet, crossing his arms as he looked around where he was standing, "Looks like I've picked this area clear as well. I guess I'll need to get moving forward then. At least I'll be able to put some more distance between me and that creature."

He dusted his hands off before heading further down the path, activating his <<Reveal>> skill once again to see if there were any objects in the environment that would be suitable for materials.

ID: 21095

ID: 21096

Loot Dice: 20 (Total Bonus +5) = 25

As Calrex started walking Roc suddenly swooped down in front of him at his fastest travel speed, dropping off a couple of items on the ground before immediately taking off, "Huh, I wonder what he found..."

He knelt down on one knee and looked at the objects his familiar had dropped. One was a branch full of intact berries, much better than the last one he had dropped. The second was another handful of the cotton worm cocoons Roc had been finding previously, "I guess he's no longer hungry. Alright, let's see if we can find that last one."

Total: 24

Danger Level:

ID: 21165

Loot Dice: 14 (Total Bonus +5) = 19

Immediately after Roc dropped off his submissions for materials Calrex happened upon what looked to be a deposit of precious gems, walking over and inspecting a handful, "Huh...Teayre could probably make good use of these. I'll go ahead and grab a handful for now."

With a few swipes on his menu the gems vanished into his inventory as he got back to his feet, "Alright, just one more item for Lowenthal's order, then I can probably call it a day."

ID: 21166

After some more scouring around his search turned up unfruitful as Calrex gave a sigh of disappointment, "Well, if there's no more items in this area I should probably get started making my way back up the path towards the settlement. It looks like the sun's beginning to die down, so I can't really afford to stay out much longer. Hopefully I can find something on the way back."

ID: 21167

As Calrex began to start heading back towards the city Roc swooped in once again, this time settling down on Calrex's shoulder as the falcon held out its talon, "Hm...what'd you find?"

Roc released his grip as another handful's worth of the cotton worm cocoons, the small soft ball shaped objects falling into Calrex's hand. Calrex gave a nod as he gave Roc's wing a quick brush with his free hand, "Nice work. Go ahead and take a break. We should be done for the day."

With that his familiar took off into the sky before vanishing in a flash of blue light as he dematerialized. Calrex gave a calming breath before using his <<Sprint>> ability to make his way back towards the gates of the settlement.

Total: 26

Danger Level:

As Calrex arrived back at the gates of the settlement he gave a calming breath as he swiped on his menu, switching back to his casual combat clothing as he made a beeline towards the teleportation gate, "Alright first place I'll head to is Lowenthal's shop, since it's on the first floor. After that I'll stop by Ariel's shop, then head over to Teayre's shop. I'll keep a hold of Zelrius' order till I see him again."

As he arrived at the teleportation plaza he made a few swipes on his menu, vanishing from the seventh floor in a flash of light.

Topic Complete

• Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • 1 Page Complete (400 col)
  • 26 Materials Obtained (25 Donated to Shops, 1 Claimed by Calrex)