PP - F4 Of Players and Pieces (Ariel) (Completed)

Hearing Ariel's response, as well as making note of the tone of her voice Calrex gave a calming breath before giving a nod, "Thanks Ariel, I do appreciate your understanding. You're right, I think I've gotten to know you well enough to consider you a good friend and ally. You can be sure that you'll be seeing me again, the only difference will be that there will be no guild symbol floating next to my HP bar, heh."

Decided to follow Ariel's hint and change the subject he gave a nod, deciding to have another mug of hot chocolate. At the same time he looked as Roc continued wandering around, making sure that the falcon wasn't trying to get himself into any trouble, "As for the new floor boss I'm not really sure what it's going to be just yet. Although if the last fight was any indicator I would think it could possibly get only a little, or significantly more difficult, depending on what the system has decided to go with. There's still a lot of things we don't know about this game, so it'd be best if we be prepared for anything."

As the drink arrived he gave a nod of thanks before taking a large gulp of it before setting the drink back down, "Have you gotten any information on it so far? I haven't heard anything from my points of contact just yet."

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst eh? I agree with you on that one." she replied, locking at the falcon as he made it round trip through the cafe. In a way it reminded her of Kimba's random walks all over the place. She felt a bit bad that she didn't take the troublesome lion with her...especially now when she needed a bit of morale boost. At least the topic was to her licking so she coughed a couple of times to clear her throat from the ale and continued in a mildly frustrated voice:

"Unfortunately nothing as well. I would've liked to gather more intel before venturing there myself but got nothing. I'm planning of doing a little scouting soon, just need to get a bit more supplies before that." She let out a displeased 'Tsk' as she didn't participate at the boss fight this time because of stupid Azure orders, back when she still was in the guild. 

"With a bit of luck I can scout the boss room as well. I'm sure some members of the floor 10 clearing party already discovered it but if there is going to be a boss raid meeting, even I will attend it as a Solo player, I don't plan on going there without any info and let Azure and Cerulean do as they please. They did so until now and look at us, barely scratched a tenth of the castle floors in a year." she said with a somehow annoyed expression and bit of sadness. Then her face brighten a bit as she asked the next question, a mischievous grin slowly creeping on her face: "How about it Cal, do you wanna scout the 11th floor with me a bit? maybe find the boss room and peek inside?"

"Hm...yeah that seems to be the case at the moment. I guess the information hasn't become available to everyone else just yet."

"There does seem to be a lot of holding on to information, at least when it comes to the floor raids. Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. With valuable intel people tend to be a little more hesitant with giving it out. No surprise, as people really want to get those very rare items."

Taking another drink of his cocoa Calrex listened as Ariel suggested that the two of them do some scouting of the boss room on the eleventh floor, giving a calming breath so help release some of the heat that he built up from his previous sip, escaping in the form of some steam. "Scouting huh? Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm sure looking around there would probably be a good idea."

Downing the rest of his drink he gave another exhale before nodding, "Yeah, let's give it a shot."

Roc flew back over, landing perched atop a nearby chair as he looked around the room some more. Calrex's eyes made note of his location before turning back to Ariel, "So when were you thinking of going on this little trip?"

"When you ask?... I need to stock a bit so in several days..or so if I find the right stores." she said flipping her hair backwards with her right hand, thinking of several locations she needed to visit and then with a nod declared:

"Well then, you better stock up a bit as well since we're going in there almost blind." then finished her ale.

' I thought he was going to suggest that we take Teayre with us as well but he seems to want to keep her out of it, no surprise there since we have almost no idea what we will see once we get there.' she thought, keeping that remark to herself as her gaze started drifting away. It's been a while since they started their little 'talk' and a lot had been discussed, the blonde now needed time to assimilate all of it and prepare for future decisions..guild-wise.

She took another look at Roc as he went with his business and said with a smile: "He seems pretty active for some reason."

Calrex nodded as Ariel made note of Roc's movements, "Yeah, Roc tends to be like that. I tend to keep him on a fairly long 'leash', so he's pretty much free to do whatever he wants unless I have need of him, which usually results in him going off somewhere and finding some kind of food. It seems like he might be getting a little anxious from being unable to fly around though."

He walked over to the door, opening so that there was just enough room for the falcon to walk out. Immediately after doing so he took off into the sky, vanishing in a flash of light as he dematerialized. Closing the door behind him Calrex returned to his seat, the waiter coming over and retrieving his empty mug as Calrex gave a nod of thanks. "In any case it sounds like a good plan. I think for the most part I'll just grab whatever consumables I might want to test out. In all of the battles so far, save the Guardian of Fire quest, I haven't had to use any healing items."

"You know he reminds me a lot of Kimba, expect that her 'leash' is more a umbilical cordon that makes me pay for carefree attitude." replied Ariel as she tried to remember when she last used potions or status modifiers. None of the recent fights ringed any bell for her so she just kept silent for a bit before continuing: "Oh there is a new thing I'd like to try. It pains me a bit to say but I bought it from a certain tent-shop at the 10th floor." she said remembering how she randomly stumbled in Mari's shop and took the opportunity to buy something from there. Looking at Roc leave Ariel thought that this might be a good opportunity to cal it a day and put and end to their meeting.

"Okay cal then its settled. I'll PM you when I'm ready for our little scouting trip. But for now, I must bid you farewell since I believe we already finished the topic you summoned me here." she said, going through her inventory and equipping the cloak she came with, then stood up and prepared to leave, listening if Cal had any last thing to say before her departure.

As Ariel suggested that they conclude their conversation Calrex gave a nod and a smile as he got up from his seat, "Sounds like a plan. Thank you again for meeting me here. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that PM."

He held the door open so that she could exit before nodding in thanks to the owner, closing the door behind him, "In any case I'd best be heading back to Teayre's shop. I'll catch you later Ariel."

With that he turned and made his way back through the streets of Snowfrost Town, heading back to the Amethyst Boutique, "Alright, now the question is what to do from here. Well...at the least the idea I held for the Rook piece while I was a part still holds true for me. The people I care about, I will do whatever I can to keep safe."

Giving a calming breath he opened the door of the shop, giving a wave to Teayre as he gave a smile, "Maybe the next thing I should do is start actually mentoring Takneil..."

Topic Complete

• Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • 1 Page Complete (400 col / 200 per player)
  • Calrex officially leaves Absolute Pin IC