[PP-F4] Unsettled Regret (Tristan Delaney)

Restless, I took my head off my chin and lightly rest my forehead on the table, forcing my ponytail forward so it wouldn't annoy me. "More like take the 'e' and the 't' off of asset..." I muttered to myself and closed my eyes, beginning to think. Tristan wasn't being sarcastic or flaunting his power, he was just trying to help. I didn't really like people helping me out but I didn't feel like sitting here and denying everything. "It's true that I'm always a wreck when you see me isn't it? Hah...well I guess I can't stay out of trouble. I know you're gonna get angry or something for this but I actually do get attacked quite frequently at night. I also am disturbed during the day- there's not really a specific time where I am left alone. I think they want to know where Keith is or something...but I handle it all the same." I admitted and raised my head slowly, locking eyes with him. "....Thanks...for caring." I said and looked in the other direction.

Tristan sighed as he leaned back, his drink finished, looking at the sky with his hands across his torso, fingers interlaced in his hands. The ceiling was simple yet still decorated to look somewhat pretty from how it was. He smiled slightly at the decorations, but then turned solemn when he heard what Kiru admitted. He then went from lying back to leaning forward, his elbows on the table and his hands again laced together and now leaning his chin on it, thinking more. He made a noise of deep thought as he processed all the information, ideas and solutions bouncing around his head.
"Well then I suppose it makes sense to really go out and get you a profession, or at the least to stay at an inn. I mean I assume a player like you who is of such a high level has plentiful Col to spend on staying at such anyhow. It's better than not being able to sleep, regardless if you want to condition yourself to fighting at any time. Even the best players need their time to rest."
He smiled to Kiru giving thanks, saying "No worries, it is the least I can do, I think at least. I look out for my friends, especially in a death game where life is valuable and mistakes cost lives.".

• 3 months later...

While looking the other way I coughed softly and closed my eyes. "You know what? I really do have interest in becoming a cook or something but I just don't have the time or energy to do so. I'm always busy with Azure and getting a shop would be a little much. I already have col but I guess I could deposit my earnings into the guild inventory..." I sighed and lazily opened my eyes towards Tristan. He was always there for everyone, I guess that's why he was a tank. Tanks took the damage of others and stacked it on themselves. If someone told me that the first time I met him I would have laughed. A red haired male, who seemed to be falling for every girl he saw, was going to be tanking for the highest guild with me? Total joke back then but now? The man serenading me with a guitar was gone and a defender was here in front of me. Tristan grew up in the past months, I didn't. I sighed and moved the drink to the side of the table. "Hey, since you offered to take care of me I'm gonna take the opportunity to sleep now. Watch over me, and don't wake me even if the world is ending." I said and rested my head on my arms on the table. I closed my eyes and breathed steady. "Thank you..." I said quietly before falling asleep.