[PP:F7] Out of the Mountain and into a quest. <Earning a Living (Callie & Teayrie)

After the running up the stairs Teayre found herself back out in the open, breathing a sigh of relief she looks around for Calrex, surely he had followed her? As she saw his blue mop appearing Teayre takes another step forwards as a quest pops up.

<Earning A Living>

Repeat the quest for more materials?

O – Accept      X – Decline

Hitting the accept button without waiting Teayre looks behind her at Calrex, “Cal guess what! I’ve got a repeat quest for materials… Can I call your expertise to help me with it please?†As she finished speaking Teayre headed over to a nearby bush kneeling down and started to look through it.

ID: 20269 LD: 11 (10 + 1 LD)

As she pulled the plant up the roots where left in the ground, there wasn’t any way in Aincrad she could make paints out of those. Standing back up Teayre spots a slightly bigger plant with some plump red berries just a few feet behind it. Running over to it she kneels down and test the berries on a piece of paper.

ID: 20270 LD: 16 (15 + 1 LD)

After doing her squeeze test Teayre finds that the juice from the berries had stained the page quite well, grabbing several handfuls she puts them in her inventory ready to take back to her shop. "Come on Cal, stop slacking and let's get a move on." 

Total Materials Gathered: 1

Teayre: 1

Calrex: 0

"Cal guess what! I’ve got a repeat quest for materials… Can I call your expertise to help me with it please?"

"Heh, need the expertise of SAO's material gatherer huh? Sure, let's do this!"

Calrex gave a smile as he switched out of the Grand Chariot armor as he looked around, using his <<Reveal>> skill to look around for any potential objects that could be suitable for materials.

ID: 20286

Loot Dice: 5 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 8

He walked over and saw there was something potential useful behind a bunch of rocks, but as he drew closer it turned out to be just a small sprout of a plant, nowhere near mature enough to be useful for materials. He got to his feet, looking left and right, "Alright, let's see if there's anything else."

ID: 20287

Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 23

A few paces away from the sprout Calrex happened upon what looked to be a chunk of previous stone, picking it up and adding it to his inventory, "One down. How many are we aiming for here Teayre?"

"I'm just glad I'm no longer covered in freaking saliva from that frog."

He looked over at Teayre, giving a nod as he scanned around some more.

Total: 2

Teayre: 1

Calrex: 1

Looking over as Calrex began searching for materials Teayre smiled, “Well let’s see… I can do six crafts a day… So if I look at getting a week’s supply that’ll be…  Ummm…†Teayre furrowed her brow for a moment as she tried to work out how many materials she would need for a week. Shaking her head before a huge smile erupts on it, “It’ll be the answer to life, the universe and everything!†Slowly Teayre made her way around a boulder nearby and bent down looking closely.

ID: 20290 LD: 18 (17 + 1 LD)

Finding a small vein of ore on the surface of the boulder Teayre gently taps away at it with her katana the blade easily cutting through the stone and extracting the ore for her. As it fell out the ore turned into an ingot which Teayre promptly added to her inventory. Sitting down Teayre moves to one side looking at the bush she had just sat on, rubbing where it had pressed against her Teayre looks at it slightly closer.

ID: 20291 LD: 10 (9 + 1 LD)

Sighing she stands up and scuffs her foot over it, “Useless that one… How’s things coming your end Callie? I’ve got a couple already†Skipping over to Calrex quickly leans up and kisses him on the cheek and gives the bluenette a quick hug before taking a half step back to left him do what he needs to.

Total: 3

Teayre: 2

Calrex: 1

ID: 20295

Loot Dice: 17 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 20

"Yeah, the same over here. I just found another one."

As Teayre inquired about his progress on procuring materials he found a decently sized hunk of wood, possibly suitable for carving into miniature statues and such. With a swipe on his menu he quickly added the material to his inventory as he got to his feet, "Hm...I guess these pieces of wood are common to the area. I'll need to keep that in mind when I need to go searching for materials."

ID: 20296

Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 10

After he found the piece of wood another turned up nearby, but this one was unfortunately riddled with bugs and worms, meaking it unsuitable for being a material. He gave a small sigh to himself as he turned back towards Teayre, "So if you need enough for a week, I'm guessing that means about 42 in total right?"

Total: 4

Calrex: 2

As Calrex told Teayre how he was doing she smiled so far it was even, “Say Cal shall we see who can gather the most mats? Making it a competition, the loser has to do anything the winner says for a day.†Catching Calrex’s eye Teayre winked mischievously before taking a small bottle out of her inventory that sparkled as she shook it in front of his eyes. Quickly returning it to her inventory Teayre nudges Calrex gently before seeing a few fallen logs and heading over to them.

ID: 20572 LD: 14 (13 + 1 LD)

Kneeling down the red head moves a few of the logs only to have them fall apart in her hands, letting out a heavy sigh the girl keeps pushing through the piles.  Throwing aside the rotten ones, or the insect infested ones and so on. As she neared the bottom of the pile a small stone glinted.

ID: 20573 LD: 1

Picking up the stone Teayre rolls it around in her hand finding it to be just a smooth pebble the girl stands up and throws it with all her might as far away as possible. Gently rubbing her elbow afterwards she sits down letting out a sigh.

Calrex gave a friendly smile as he nodded, "Alrighty, sounds like a good idea to me. It'll help pass the time in any case right?"

"Although I think I might need to try my best and win. I remember a while back seeing her in Mari's shop and purchasing some potions. Well, at least I've got a couple of Soothing Salves just in case that happens."

With that he gave a calming breath as he used his <<Reveal>> skill to try and scan for materials.

ID: 20574

Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 12

Initially his search turned up nothing of usefulness. There was a deposit of ore, but the veins of regular dirt that ran through it made it unusuable. He gave a sigh as he got to his feet, "Well, not off to the best start. Let's keep looking.

ID: 20575

Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 17

After some more digging Calrex spied something odd through his <<Reveal>> skill. It appeared to be something reflective buried within the dirt. He knelt down and began dusting away the pieces of ground, pulling out what looked to be some type of unfinished gem. He gave a smirk as he swiped on his menu and added it to his inventory, "Alright, found one so far Teayre!"

Total: 5

Calrex: 3

Grinning as Calrex accepted her challenge Teayre headed off the road, the wind catching the dust that lay off the beaten path and flicking it up into her eyes. Raising her arm the small girl tries to shield her eyes from the sand but to no avail dropping down on her hands and knees she finds a plant with several different coloured berries on it.

ID: 20609 LD: 3 (2 + 1 LD)

As she looked at the berries and gently pressed one together it spurted everywhere, the other berries were rotten sighing she looked over at Calrex, “I’ve… I’ve found two Cal…†Sighing to herself Teayre began digging around by a boulder that was next to her the giant rock looming over her.

ID: 20610 LD: 6 (5 + 1 LD)

After pulling moving several bits of mud the red head kicks the rock hard, yelping before hobbling back over to Calrex leaning against him. “I can’t find anything… Shall we move on to the next area?†Looking up into Calrex’s eyes Teayre averts her gaze quickly sighing as she gently closes her eyes. 

ID: 20612

"Hm...yeah we can stay mooching on if toy want to. It seems like this place is just about picked clean."

As he spoke Calrex noticed there was some more precious stones in another deposit nearby as he added them to his inventory, getting to his feet.

"Alright I'll do one more sweep then we'll move on."

ID: 20613

Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 6

Unfortunately that sweep was short as he immediately didn't see anything of use, "Alright, let's keep moving then."

Total: 6

Calrex: 4

Nodding at Calrex and slipping her fingers in between his Teayre begins leading him a bit further on and slowly getting closer to the town. Stopping him, the small red head rests her head on Calrex’s chest her hand playing around with his shoulder. “Say Callie… Could I have a look at those mats you just got?†waiting for a moment Teayre then ducks away and begins hunting around for materials.

ID: 20651 LD: 21 (20 +1 LD)

Squatting down by a bush Teayre finds several small rocks underneath it brushing the leaves back and the mud off the rocks Teayre selects one picking it up. As she inspects it she finds that there are a handful of small gems embedded inside the rock itself, adding the whole thing to her inventory Teayre then proceeds to check the bush in front of her to see if there is anything she could use on it.

ID: 20651 LD: 3 (2 + 1 LD)

As she let the leaves snap back into place the plant she was investigate drops too large berries on the ground each one exploding into crystals before Teayre got a chance to look at them. As the girl nudges the plant again it to then disperses into crystals, sighing she stands up before walking over to her next location.

Total: 7

Teayre: 3

Calrex: 4

ID: 20654

Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 18

ID: 20655

Loot DIce: 15 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 18

Calrex gave a smile as Teayre dashed off in search of more materials. As she found what looked to be a deposit of unrefined gems he scanned around with his <<Reveal>> skill to see if there were any gems of similar quality within their vicinity. "Hm...it should be possible..."

To his luck there appeared to be another place where the gems were embedded into the ground as he walked over. Using his <<Martial Arts>> skill he released them from their earthen confinement. As the gems fell to the ground he gathered them up in his hands, seeing that apparently there was enough for two handfuls, equivalent to two materials as he swiped on his menu, adding the gems to his inventory, "Wow, there's an abundance of gems over here Teayre, if you want to take a look."

Total: 9

Teayre: 3

Calrex: 6

"Wow, there's an abundance of gems over here Teayre, if you want to take a look."

Running over Teayre looks at the gems Calrex shows her a smile on her face. As she realises her fiancée is winning their little bet her a frown is quick to replace the smile. Placing a hand on Calrex’s shoulder the red head leans in stealing a kiss from the bluenette. “They’re beautiful Callie… This one matches your eye colour.†Picking one of the sapphires up Teayre holds it at eye level to Calrex, her lips twitching before she replaces it in his hand. 

ID: 21132 LD: 16 (15 + 1 LD)

Kneeling down Teayre begins to look through the ground, brushing various rocks out of the way. Searching through the rubble many glints catching her eye, picking up one of the smaller blue gems Teayre holds it up to Calrex’s eye smiling as she then adds it to her own inventory. “It’s a really good spot Cal.†Throwing her arms around Calrex quickly hugging him Teayre sits back and starts searching through the debris again.

ID: 21133 LD: 17 (16 + 1 LD)

As she ran her hands over the multitude of stones and gems again, Teayre suddenly jerked them back. Turning her hands over Teayre stares at them her eyes going wide as she shows Calrex, she had managed to cut her palms. “C-Cal…†The red crystals flowing out were dripping onto the ground, as she gingerly picked up the material that they had been landing on Teayre looks it over before adding it to her inventory.

Total: 11

Teayre: 5

Calrex: 6

Calrex felt his face flush as Teayre quickly stole a kiss from him before holding up one of the gems he had retrieved, comparing it to the color of his eyes. He gave a smile and a nod as he added the materials to his inventory before proceeding.

ID: 21134

Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 22

ID: 21135

Loot Dice: 13 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 16

Calrex managed to get another two handfuls of the gems, the rainbow of colors reflecting against the light as he added them to his inventory. However, he stopped his search when he looked over, seeing that Teayre had somehow cut herself on the gems. Getting to his feet he walked over and gently held her hands by the wrist so that he could take a good look, "Hm...it doesn't look to be anything serious or would cause damage. With the passive regeneration those should be healed up in just a few seconds."

"Hm...but should I do this? I mean I don't want to distract her..."

He lowered his head while bringing up Teayre's hands to his lips as he gave a quick kiss on the back of each, "There...feel a bit better?"

After doing so the blush on his face deepened as he processed the bold move he had just done, giving a calming breath as he put a hand behind his head.

Total: 13

Teayre: 5

Calrex: 8

As Teayre felt Calrex take her hands and then gently kiss them she pulled them back hugging herself. Blushing she looks away from Calrex, “You… You shouldn’t do that Cal… People might be watching…†Slowly she returns her gaze to her lover and smiles at him. “Thank you though, it does feel better.†As he put a hand behind his head Teayre poked her tongue out at him before straightening up. “So how many materials have you found now?â€

ID: 21685 LD: 21 (20 + 1 LD)

As she waited for Calrex’s answer Teayre started rummaging through the small crystal pile below them again finding a twisted piece of quartz the shone a multitude of colours holding it up the crimson haired girl shows the ocean haired boy. “What do you think Callie?†Raising her arm so that the sun shone through the crystals enhancing the colours it gave off. Teayre’s mouth dropped as she let out a sigh in awe of the beautiful object.

“I’m shocked every time I find something beautiful Cal… I’m surprised Kayaba put stuff like this in if he was going to trap us here. Then again you're here with me, so it's kind of a invalid point that this is beautiful really.â€

ID: 21686 :D 21 (20 + 1 LD) 

Blushing Teayre begins to add the material to her inventory before she trying to hide her face from Calrex. “Forget I said anything okay?†Scurrying to her feet Teayre kicks another small rock over into a field. Following it she crouches down and begins to search for it in the long grass. As she tramples over it causing it to lie flat Teayre finds the rock the appeared to be a blood crimson in colour. Taking it the girl added it to her inventory quickly, hoping Calrex didn’t see it.

Total: 15

Teayre: 7

Calrex: 8

"Hm...right ow I think I'm at eight right now."

As Teayre found a couple more materials he gave a smile, although when Teayre mentioned that it was insignificant because he was there his face flushed, "H-Heh, hey you keep that stuff up and I'm going to look like a tomato again."

With that he gave a calming breath before resuming his search for more materials.

ID: 21701

Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 21

ID: 21702

Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 23

It didn't take long as he suddenly found another two decent-sized handfuls of gems from the pile, "Wow, I sweat this thing is self-replicating or something. The amount of gems just doesn't seem to end."

He gave another smile as he added the items to his inventory before walking back to Teayre, "Found anything else that you can use?"

Total: 17

Calrex: 10

Poking her tongue out at Calrex she looks at him, “You forget who already looks like a tomato stupid.†As he approached her again Teayre quickly gave him a hug and looked up stealing a kiss from him. “Yeah I’ve found a couple more bits, with any luck we’ll get enough to last me a week or so.†Resting her head on Calrex’s chest Teayre let out a small yawn as she looked up at him. “Sorry Cal, the fight with that toad frog thing seems to of taken its toll on me.†Smiling she quickly kissed him a second time. “Right materials.†

ID: 21842 LD: 6 (5 + 1 LD)

ID: 21843 LD: 8 (7 + 1 LD)

Squatting down Teayre begins to look around the area she was stood in her eyes glossing over the rocks as she began to breathe slightly heavier. Leaning her head against Calrex’s leg she lets out a sigh. “I think I’m going to need to sleep soon Callie…†Running her eyes over the place a second time Teayre doesn’t find much slowly pushing herself to her feet she takes Calrex’s hand.

Total: 17

Calrex: 10

As Teayre's fatigue started to show itself Calrex gave a smile and a small laugh as he gently grasped Teayre's hand, keeping her upright by holding her opposite shoulder, "It's alright Teayre. Let's go ahead and see how much more we can find. If you get too tired just let me know and I can give you a piggyback ride back to the settlement to that you can rest."

ID: 21870

While Calrex helped Teayre from passing out he grabbed one last handful of the gems, adding them to his inventory before he placed his hand back on her shoulder, "Looks like that was the last of the gems in that deposit for now."

ID: 21871

Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 7

Since Calrex was focused on helping Teayre he was no longer currently concerned with finding materials as he led her over to a nearby rock so that he could sit her down, "Feeling alright?"

Total: 18

Calrex: 11

ID: 22223 LD: 20 (19 + 1 LD)

ID: 22224 LD: 9 (8 + 1 LD)

Shaking her head Teayre smiles at Calrex before she drops to her knees. Breathing out as Calrex caught her she rested her head against him. “I’m alright Callie-kun I promise!†Feeling a hand on her shoulder she looks up and then down again.

“Looks like that was the last of the gems in that deposit for now.â€

Giggling slightly Teayre gave the deposit one last look over managing to snag one final gem. Holding it up she shows her fiancée, adding it to her inventory before she flopped onto Calrex’s back her arms slumping over his shoulders.  â€œNo… There was one more Cah… Cahlie…†

Total: 19

Teayre: 8

Calrex looked in surprise as Teayre managed to nab one last bunch of gems, giving a smile as he noted she was definitely tired out.

ID: 22227

Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 13

ID: 22228

Loot Dice: 5 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 7

Ignoring any other materials in the area he watched as Teayre put herself into a piggyback ride, securing her to his back before standing upright, "Alright you, I think we've gotten enough to last you for a while. Although...I think I won heh, but we'll worry about that later. For now let's get back to the settlement so that we can get some shuteye."

Feeling herself being lifted Teayre’s eyes flickered open as she looked at Calrex’s cheek, smiling and planting a kiss on there before her eyes fluttered shut. Slowly moving her head she was vaguely aware of what was happening around her and twisting her head she saw that she had been carried back to the settlement without any issues.

As they came to a halt outside a building Teayre slide down off of her fiancée’s back and rubbing her eyes looked up at the building yawning. “C-Cal is this an inn?†Stumbling inside Teayre holds two fingers up to the innkeeper before blundering upstairs and flopping down on the bed inside the room. Rolling over she looks at the door waiting to see the blue hair follow her.

As Teayre managed to muster enough energy to get a room for the two Calrex gave a nod to the innkeeper, making sure to pay for the night before following the redhead upstairs. Walking in he couldn't help but give a smile as he saw his fiancee already ready to go to bed. "Alright, I'm guessing it's time for bed then?"

He went over to the small desk in the room, removing the Grand Blade and its sheath from the back of his hip, setting them against the desk before unequipping his jacket and boots, the two pieces of clothing disappearing in a flash of light as he went over and sat on the side of the bed, looking back over at Teayre. He turned to face her before laying down on the blanket, putting his hands behind his head, "We certainly got a lot of materials today. Hopefully it's enough to keep her going for a while."