PP - F4 Spectrum Coalition Against The Ice Giant <<Avalanche>> (Field Boss Run Part 2) (Oikawa, Teayre) (Completed)

ID: 22507

Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +1) = 9

As the elemental kept its focus on Calrex he gave a smirk, hidden by the stoic face of his helmet before he rushed in again. He twirled the Grand Blade into a hammer grip, the point trained on the construct as he stabbed it in the side before turning, extracting his sword from the hard ice before kicking off, leaping back and performing a quick back handspring before ending his attack, "I've fought these things more than enough times to know their AI attack patterns. This thing shouldn't be up for much longer. Then we can have at Avalanche once again. Let's hope that we can bring some peace back to ourselves by destroying it once again..."

Calrex gave a calming breath before nodding to Teayre, "Go for it. This thing won't be up for long."

HP List

Teayre: 67/67 (Hate: 1)

Calrex: 87/87 (Hate: 3)

Ice Elemental 2: 26/53

ID: 23028

BD: 6 (4 + 2 ACC)

MD: 10

“Go for it. This thing won’t be up for long.â€

Nodding at Calrex Teayre turns her blade back and beings to charge in again as the elementals solid fist of ice flies past her and hits Calrex squarely in the chest. Looking back she sees her partner blocking the attack with no issues. Gritting her teeth the small girl begins to hack at the elemental’s legs not waiting for it to reprise from the attack chunks of ice flying off again and again. As she finished her attack another fist flew into Calrex, a barrage of punches went his way as Teayre watched unable to do anything.

Teayre: 67/67 (Hate: 2)

Calrex: 86/87 (Hate: 3) 1 Damage (1 + 2 Crit - Tonnes of MIT)

Ice Elemental 2: 18/53 8 DMG

ID: 23214

Battle Dice: 1 (Disregarded Due to Meditation)

Craft Dice: 10 (Negative Effect Removed and +1 HP)

<<Meditation>> Activated

The series of punches slammed into Calrex as he braced for the impact, standing on the balls of his feet to push against the impact of the barrage as he gave a calm exhale, his breathing pattern unaffected by the attack. If anything remained previously from the cold persona before it was under control, it was that. He gave a smirk underneath his helmet and nodded to Teayre, "I'm fine Teayre, but right now I don't see any openings I can take advantage of. Now would be a good time as any to use this skill..."

He knelt down and gave a few breaths as a faint outline of blue light appeared around him, growing brighter and brighter. Eventually it reached a climax as a flash was emitted, his health returning back to full as he got back to his feet, "Alright, back to full health. Glad that worked so quickly. Let's keep up the pressure."

HP List

Teayre: 67/67 (Hate: 2)

Calrex: 87/87 (Hate: 3) (+1 HP Meditation)

Ice Elemental 2: 18/53

ID: 23236

BD:10 (8 + 2 ACC)

MD: 2 (3 – 1 EVA)

As blue light covered Calrex Teayre smiled, turning her attention entirely onto the ice elemental its feet either side of her. Grinning Teayre begins to dance underneath the elemental her katana impaling its feet regularly causing it to roar in pain. A fist came crashing down and Teayre rolled forwards avoiding it. Looking over to Calrex she nods at him.

“Cal, finish it for me!â€

Sliding back through Teayre seems to glide on top of the snow as the Oikawa Kanashiki flies with her hands and cuts both of her foes legs as she comes to a halt next to her beloved.

Teayre: 67/67

Calrex: 87/87

Ice Elemental 2: 10/53

ID: 23238

Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +1) = 7

As Teayre landed next to him Calrex gave a nod as he rushed forward, twirling the Grand Blade into a reverse grip as he focused on the monster in front of him. As the creature's fists came forward he leaned to the side, the first strike slamming into the ground to his left. The second one flew as if to predict his movements, coming towards his right side. Bringing his sword up he used it as a guard, deflecting the strike to the side. Immediately following them was a double fist attack, which Calrex deflected with both arms across his body, his right using his sword and the left with his <<Martial Arts>> skill, the yellow glow slamming into the fist coming at his right side.

Immediately after deflecting the barrage he used his <<Sprint>> ability, accelerating while turning 360 degrees as he thrust his sword forward in a fierce stab. The Grand Blade plunged into the ice as he watched the elemental's health drop. However, as it stopped with just a sliver left Calrex gritted his teeth, wrenching his sword out before leaping back, "Alright, this one's almost done. Sorry I couldn't get the last bit. Go for it Teayre!"

HP List

Teayre: 67/67 (Hate: 4)

Calrex: 87/87 (Hate: 4)

Ice Elemental 2: 1/53

ID: 24215

BD: 4 (2 + 2 ACC) [+1 LM Next Turn]

MD: 1 (4 – 3 EVA)

Nodding at Calrex Teayre takes off her blade a blur as she smashes it repeatedly against the ice. The construct before her however was shrugging her attacks off before throwing its own at the small girl. Cartwheeling backwards Teayre avoids the fist that crashes into the ground. Tutting Teayre surges forward again trying to find a weakness in the monster’s defense.

As the clanging rings out and her attacks start to become weaker Teayre sighs before jumping back. “Cal finish it.†Flicking her hair so that it’s no longer in her eyes the tiny girl gnashes her teeth together. “Why am I so weak? Why can’t I ever do anything?â€

HP List

Ice Elemental 2: 1/53

OOC: Oops accidentally double clicked. Disregard 24225

ID: 24224

Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +1) = 9

Loot Dice: 2 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 5

"Did that thing just harden its skin? The Oikawa Kanashiki is just bouncing off! Well, I guess if we're going real world standards Katanas and sword in general are great for slashing, but not for breaking through hard surfaces. Usually a spike hammer or something with a point would be used for that."

As Teayre stepped back Calrex gave a nod and rushed in, flicking the Grand Blade into a reverse grip as he gave a calming breath, "The point of the Grand Blade isn't exactly suitable for stabbing, but maybe I can break the surface with this strike."

He used his <<Sprint>> ability to rush in on the elemental, his entire sword, rather than just the blade, aglow with a slightly darker blue hue, as if a combination of the glow from his sword and <<Martial Arts>> skill. As he got close he brought his striking arm back, thrusting forward in a straight punch. The hand guard of the sword acted almost like a makeshift brass knuckle as it struck the construct. There was a second of silence before it cracked, then burst into crystals.

Loot List

1 Material

Calrex gave a calming breath as he turned back, nodding to Teayre, "Alright, Avalanche should be showing up fairly soon."

"For Beleram...let's take this thing down one last time..."

HP List

Ice Elemental 2: 0/53

Edited by Calrex
  • 3 weeks later...

ID: 25779

BD: 10 (8 + 2 ACC)

MD: 2 (5 – 3 EVA)

As Calrex struck down the ice elemental Teayre turned her head as a rumbling began in the distance. Her hands tightened on the hilt of the Oikawa Kanashiki as she breathed slowly preparing herself for what came next. This creature, this being is what had robbed her of Beleram. “Cal… Don’t let me do anything too stupid okay?†Even as she was speaking the small girl had already begun to move her feet travelling quickly across the snow strewn ground as she appeared beneath the beast. As she glared up at it she continued to run towards it.

Darting to one side as a fist smashed into the ground beside her, Teayre gritted her teeth her eyes widening as she saw that the creature was even larger than last time. She still had a good two hundred meters to go until she was at its main body. An angry sigh escaping her as she beings to increase her speed activating both her <Sprint> and <Charge> skills at once. Suddenly she was at the oversized chunk of ice’s feet. Her katana sang as she wildly hacked away chipping away at its feet.

HP List

Avalanche: 41/50 9 DMG (1 Base + 1 Ath + 4 WS + 2 Weapon + 1 Charge)

ID: 25793

Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +1) = 10 (+1 Damage)

Calrex gave a nod as he watched his fiancee charge forward towards Avalanche, giving a small smirk as he saw her quickly accelerate into an almost blinding blur as both <<Sprint>> and <<Charge>> activated. Flicking the Grand Blade into a hammer grip he used his own <<Sprint>> and dashed forward, his eyes focused on what he had found in previous battles to be the weak point of the monster.

"The chest area has a weak point close to where a human would have a heart positioned. If I focus there..."

Using <<Acrobatics>> he quickly leapt upwards, scaling the giant until he got to where he was aiming. Twirling his sword into a reverse grip he quickly impaled the construct, seeing a critical hit occur as he pushed his sword through to the hilt before extracting it, leaping off and landing beside Teayre, "Let's keep this up. With our strength now this thing is nothing more than a grunt."

HP List

Enemies:

Avalanche: 31/50

ID: 25845

BD: 9 (7 + 2 ACC)

MD: 1 (2 -1 EVA)

As she whirled about the ice falling down around her Teayre heard a muffled cry as she continued to dart about underneath Avalanche. The creature let out a roar as it raised a foot, looking up her eyes going wide before a twisted smile crossed over onto her face. Waving a hand at Calrex, Teayre waited until the last moment before pointing her katana skyward. Keeping the blade completely vertical as the icy foot came crashing down above her, Teayre thrust back at it. The Oikawa Kanashiki became embedded in the ice as the foot was raised Teayre went with it. Using the hilt of the weapon as a pivot Teayre begins to fling herself back and forth widening the crack that had occurred as she paused her a moment on the backswing before kicking off the ice and taking her katana with her, just before the beasts weight is placed back onto the foot. Sliding out she nods at Calrex before starting to make her next attack.

HP List

H:2 Teayre: 67/67

H:2 Calrex: 87/87

Enemies:

Avalanche: 23/50 8 DMG (1 Base + 1 Ath + 4 WS + 2 Weapon)

ID: 25853

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +1 / Disguise +1) = 6

<<Disguise>> Activated (+1 to User's BD and -1 to Monster's next BD)

"Heh, it looks like she's definitely channeled her emotions into combat, rather than having them control her. That's a good sign."

As his fiancee gave the signal Calrex gave a nod as he activated his <<Sprint>> skill once again, dashing forward with the Grand Blade in a hammer grip. Quickly leaping upwards he landed on the construct's arm he quickly turned to see an incoming hand, trained on preventing him from striking. Giving a calming breath he focused, "Let's hope this works..."

Vanishing from sight for a second suddenly a different person emerged from where Calrex was standing. Instead a person wearing a long black trenchcoat appeared. He had black hair with a patch in the front that had turned white. The appearance of Takneil, one of the many acquaintances Calrex knew. In addition the Grand Blade had taken the appearance of the Stinger Blade, an entirely black sword which was made from the stinger of the <<Wasp Queen>> from the <<Long Live the Queen>> quest.

Leaping forward the Takneil illusion quickly slashed across the creature's chest before kicking off. As he descended back down the illusion quickly faded, completely returning back to Calrex as he hit the ground, "Looks like it really does work on monsters as well. Good to know."

HP List

Calrex: 87/87 (Disguise Recharge: 12/12 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:

Avalanche: 14/50

• 1 month later...

ID: 30950

BD: 10 ( 8 + 2 ACC)

MD: 10 [+2 DMG)

As Calrex attacked Teayre smiled a bit watching as someone she didn’t know appeared infront of the beast. Suddenly she gritted her teeth. Her jaw had become set and she was charging in. The giant elemental had sent a fist flying towards Calrex, it collided and was pressing against him more and more. Screaming the girl charged in the Oikawa Kanashiki glinting in the sunlight the radiated down between the snowflakes.

As she reached the colossal arm Teayre leapt her <Sprint & Acrobatics> skill activating as she began to run up the are her blade sweeping down constantly causing a wide amount of scratches to occur. Kicking off the arm she lands as it’s jerked back. Sliding along the snow strewn ground she looks up at Calrex nodding to him. “Let’s Kill.” Her voice had changed there was a deep sense of anger to it her eyes had tears streaming out from the sides.

HP List

H:3 Teayre: 67/67

H:3 Calrex: 86/87 1 Damage ( 2 Base + 2 Crit – 7 MIT)

Enemies:

Avalanche: 6/50 8 Damage (1 Base + 1 Ath + 4 WS + 2 Weapon)

Edited by Teayre

ID: 31534
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +1) = 4

As Teayre completed her attack Calrex gave a nod as he gave a calming breath, flicking the Grand Blade into a ready stance, tensing his muscles as he prepared to attack. As the construct slowly recovered it began to prepare for an attack as he built up the tension in his legs like springs, preparing to rush in. However, as he felt ready to engage, Calrex gave a calming breath before lowering his sword, looking over at Teayre, "I shouldn't be the one to deal the finishing blow. Beleram was your familiar, so it's only right that you finish this thing off."

He gave another nod before motioning with his head to his fiancee, "Go end this Teayre, then we can head back and get some rest before the next field boss. Hopefully Oikawa will be done with his meeting by then that all three of us can take it on."

HP List
H:3 Calrex: 86/87

Enemies:
Avalanche: 6/50

Edited by Calrex

ID: 31549

BD: 7 (5 + 2 ACC)

MD: 5(8 – 3 EVA)

LD: 8(7 + 1 LD)

As Calrex mentioned Beleram Teayre felt herself stumble to a halt, her face pointing down a small droplet of ice rolls down her cheek and into the snow below. “Bel…” As she paused for a moment the giant monstrosity that was Avalanche turned its attention to her. Slowly raising her head Teayre meets the field bosses’ eyes. “You.” Something changed her voice was quiet, where as she had been fighting quite crazily most of the fight now she seemed almost calm in comparison.

Slowly she stepped forwards, a fist flying towards her. The red head seemed to flicker for a moment before appearing on the other side of where the fist crashes into the snow. “Really? A fist that weak killed my familiar… You killed my familiar you know Avalanche? And now? Now I end you.” As she finished speaking Teayre moved her katana seemed to vanish as a blot of red darted around and up the ice cube before returning next to Calrex.

Planting her katana into the ground she turned into her partner and cried softly into his chest before leaning back slightly. “C-Cal… I’m going to head off for a bit… I don’t know how long but I’m going to take most of the people off my friends list… Obviously… Obviously I’m not going to remove you, I’ll try and keep you updated with what I’m doing so you don’t worry too much… I just need some time alone… Some time to deal with it all.” With that the small girl turned away pulling her menu up and disappearing into the night. One thing she did was send a four word pm to Calrex that simply read… “I love you. Sorry.”

HP List
H:3 Calrex: 86/87

Enemies:
DEAD Avalanche: -2/50 8 Damage (1 Base + 1 Athletics +4WS + 2 Weapon)

Edited by Teayre

As Teayre finished off the field boss Calrex gave a small sigh of relief as he resheathed the Grand Blade, looking down as she buried herself into his chest, "This was definitely a hard fight, even if it is a repeatable one..."

When his fiancee spoke, saying that she was going to take an absence he felt a surge of worry rush over him, but that subsided when he heard that she was going to keep him in her friend's list and send updates on her status. However, before he had a chance to reply, she had already run off. He gave a small calming breath as he read the message that came in, a small smile coming across his face before he sent a reply.

Take all the time you need. I'll be here when you're ready. Stay safe, and if you ever fall into trouble, don't hesitate to call on me for help.

With the message sent Calrex grit his teeth for a second to force down the wave of sadness that came over him for a bit, shaking his head, "No, she'll be back. It's understandable for people to take some time alone to help grieve for a loved one. As long as she doesn't forget that I'm here for her, it's alright..."

He turned around, looking back towards Snowfrost Town as he began walking back, "Guess I should keep up with the training in the meantime..."

Topic Complete

• Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • Quest Complete (0 SP Due to Repeat Quest)
  • Enemy Loot:
    • Ice Elemental 1: 1 Material (Earned by Oikawa, but Forfeited / Claimed by Teayre)
    • Ice Elemental 2: 1 Material (Claimed by Calrex)
    • Avalanche: 1 Material (Claimed by Teayre) and 1 Snowfrost (Claimed by Calrex)