PP - F4 Spectrum Coalition Against The Ice Giant <<Avalanche>> (Field Boss Run Part 2) (Oikawa, Teayre) (Completed)

As Calrex and Oikawa made their way from the second floor to the fourth Calrex sent out a PM to Teayre to see if she wanted to join them in the training session he had planned, "I'm sure that she wants to become stronger too, so it would only be right to have the entire Spectrum Coalition together in this venture."

Subject: Like to Train?
Sender: Calrex

Hey Teayre, Oikawa and I are doing some training by running through the field bosses that have currently been discovered. We just defeated the Wasp Queen, so now we're making way for Avalanche. If you're in the shop we can easily stop by and pick you up.

I understand if you don't want to come along, since it was the same quest that we lost Beleram on, but if you want to let off a little stress this might be a good way to direct it against an appropriate target.

Much Love,
Calrex

With that he appeared alongside Oikawa in a flash of light in the fourth floor settlement of Snowfrost as he nodded to his teammate, "I just messaged Teayre, so hopefully if she's up for it we can easily meet up with here."

He gave a couple of swipes on his menu as his armament changed. The Ocean's Defense vanished into his inventory along with the Grand Blade as the two new pieces of gear Oikawa made for him, the Grand Maelstrom and Grand Riptide, replaced them, "This might be a good chance to test out this new equipment as well."

While the two pieces of equipment seemed the same as the Grand Gauntlets and Grand Blade in appearance, there were some fine details that told the two apart from their previous counterparts. The Grand Maelstrom was currently in the sheath, with the details on the blade yet to be seen. However, the Grand Riptide gauntlets were in full view: Against the deep sea blue background of the gauntlets there appeared to be some small flashes of white, like a chain of whirlpools. On the piece of metal surrounding the back of the hand it appeared there was a strange wave-like pattern, reminiscent of the hedge patterns on Japanese swords, but this gave resemblance to the foam on top of tidal waves.

After giving further thought though Calrex gave a sigh as he switched back to his original gear, figuring to test them out at a later time.

With that Calrex equipped one more unenhanced item alongside the Ultramarine Badge. Around his free hand's wrist a silver bangle appeared with what appeared to be three gems inset into it. On the outside sat a ruby and sapphire gem, while nestled inbetween them was an amethyst colored gem. The Amethyst Bangle. Yet another gift Teayre had given him that was a representation of the bond the engaged couple shared

Edited by Calrex

Oikawa nodded as the snowy setting of the fourth floor materialized around them. Reaching up, he caught a few flakes in his palm before crushing them and sighing. He was anxious but patience was a indeed a virtue and waiting for Teayre and her extra fire power would be well worth it. A sudden flash, then caught his attention. Look back at Calrex, he instantly noticed the change in Gauntlets and Sword. "Testing out the new gear finally? Good! I was beginning to think my crafts were going to waste haha. I kid I kid, but it is Nice to see a change. If you haven't noticed I now don a cape. I mean it's a little difference but it's a nice change nonetheless."

“I don’t think all your crafts have ever been a waste Kawi-kun.â€

As Teayre approached the pair from behind she stood resting a hand on her hip, her other hand caressing the eagle hilt of the Oikawa Kanashiki. A she did she Teayre violently twisted her hand her teeth gritting.

“Speaking of crafting Kawi, I need a new katana. I’ll drop the needed info and col etcetera off at your shop later.â€

Looking over at Calrex Teayre smirks, her eyes going to his neckline before her jaw clenches more and she speaks dryly.

“Let’s get a move on. This bastard is getting killed.â€

Calrex looked over and nodded to Oikawa, "Oh trust me, all of your crafts have been more than useful for me. The Grand Chariot has saved my skin more than one time. Plus it seems to be my iconic appearance now, heh."

He looked over as Teayre arrived, hearing her ask Oikawa about having a new katana made before he saw her promptly start walking off. With that he gave a calming breath as he walked over to Oikawa, figured that the blonde would need an explanation for Teayre's somewhat curt speech, "I guess I should probably inform you of this beforehand. Avalanche was the field boss that we lost Beleram to. Something to keep in mind."

With that he walked over alongside Teayre, giving a warming smile and a nod before he kept stride, looking forward.

Oikawa grinned as his crafts were praised as usual from his favorite couple. As Cal leaned in, he cleared up a thing that had been dwelling on Oikawa's mind for a while. "Ah I see. Well that makes sense then. Lets kill this overgrown frozen yeti and move on to the shark." Following the two, Oikawa drew his blade and brandished his shield. he was more than prepared to take on this Mob. Readjusting his clasp, he focused as they neared the frozen tundra littered with frost caves and snowy forests. Well this place hasn't changed much. We have nothing to worry about as far as I know. Lets take it down quickly.

ID: 20950

BD: 11 (9 + 2 ACC) [bleed Activated]

MD: 1 (2 – 3 EVA)

As Teayre stepped over the ridge she looked down below at the snow covered field before her. “Beleram…†Gritting her teeth she sees one of the ice elementals near her, casting her head back she sees the pair of boys coming up quickly to her. “I’ll avenge you, I’ll keep on avenging you no matter what.†Jumping Teayre beings to slide down the slope towards the elemental nearest to her. Drawing Oikawa Kanashiki Teayre takes a few breaths as she charges towards the block of ice, her feet having no issues on the snow as she seems to glide along the top of the snow her <Charge> skill activating.

The blade snapped clear of its sheathe just as Teayre passed the lumbering creature, as it cut through the ice a resounding clang could be heard echoing throughout the tundra even louder from the top of the ridge. As the girl glanced up towards the ridge she saw the two boys appear just as the manifestation of natural energy took a swing at her. Cartwheeling backwards Teayre avoids the blow spitting at the beast in front of her. Her katana a blur as she parried blows not giving any ground to her foe.

“Too easy.â€

Teayre: 67/67

Calrex: 87/87

Oikawa: 75/75

Ice Elemental: 43/53 10 DMG (1 Base + 1 Athletics + 2 Weapon + 4 Skill + 1 Crit + 1 Charge)

ID: 20952

Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +1) = 3

Calrex looked as Teayre took point, hastily rushing in and attacking a nearby Ice Elemental. He looked over at Oikawa, giving a nod to him as he drew his new sword, the deep-sea blue blade etched with white whirlpool-like patterns coming into full view, "Looks like the party's started, let's move!"

He used his <<Sprint>> ability as he looked upwards, "Roc!"

With a flash of light blue light his blue peregrine falcon familiar appeared and began circling over the Ice Elemental as Calrex quickly closed the distance. As he got into striking range his eyes focused from Roc's ability while he slashed at the construct of ice. Unfortunately the creature saw his attack and temporarily shifted its form so that his blade passed clear through as Calrex stopped behind it, giving a calming breath, "Alright Oikawa you're up!"

HP List

Oikawa: 75/75

Ice Elemental: 43/53

As they reached the ridge, Teayre immediately took vanguard as she skidded down the slope and engaged in the first Elemental to appear. Catching a nod from Cal, the blonde made his way down hill as they battle fully commenced. Taking note of the partial phasing the monster had, Oikawa floated past Cal as he drew his own blade. A flash of crimson sliced through the air and snow as the Mob staggered back and roared. "Teayre, your move my friend." Retreating, the blonde waited to follow-up his companions attacks.

[21000] BD: 10 (7+3) HIT

HP List

[H:1] Teayre: 67/67

[H:0] Calrex: 87/87

[H:1] Oikawa: 75/75

Ice Elemental: 35/53 (-8)

ID: 21086

BD: 1

MD: 1 (2 – 3 EVA)

As Calrex and Oikawa came in Teayre backed up letting the boys do their thing, both of the blades that they wielded were simply flashes of colour at the speed of the strikes. As Roc spawned in the elemental balked easily avoiding the strike from Calrex however that put the block in a position to be struck by Oikawa. As the rapier slipped through its defences ice flew off as the giant beast roared in pain. Looking around the formation of Ice glared down at Teayre before sprinting towards her barrelling down. The small red head looked up her breathing slow as the creature ran towards her, leaping as it started to fall where she was. Changing her direction Teayre swiftly begins to dash forwards rolling just as the elemental lands causing the ground to shake tremendously. Putting one hand to the ground Teayre cartwheels to where the mob had originally stood. Looking back at it as chunks of ice began to fall off of the beast.

“Cal.†

HP List

[H:2] Teayre: 67/67

[H:0] Calrex: 87/87

Ice Elemental: 33/53 2 Bleed Dmg (1 Turn Remaining)

ID: 21090

Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +1) = 3 (Exact same roll?! TT_TT)

<<Howl>> Used, Roll is Disregarded

As Oikawa and Teayre both managed to land successful strikes on the elemental Calrex gave a calming breath as he shook his head. Quickly flicking the Grand Blade into a reverse grip he raised his sword high above his head, the tip trained on the ground beneath him.

"I've got to remember this is not like the old days. I can't go rushing in and slashing willy nilly. I have a purpose, and a progression that I oriented myself towards...keeping them safe..."

As his <<Howl>> skill activated the light blue aura chains formed around him. With reaching the climax of his skill Calrex stabbed the end of the sword into the ground, the sound of the blade piercing the ground below coupled with the explosive force of the chains shattering from his body turning into a sonic boom that echoed throughout the area.

The elemental, originally trained on Teayre, reoriented itself as it trained its sights on Calrex. The armored player extracted his sword from the ground, giving a calming breath as he twirled it into a hammer grip.

HP List

Teayre: 67/67 (Hate: 2)

Calrex: 87/87 (Hate: 3)

Oikawa: 75/75 (Hate: 1)

Ice Elemental: 33/53 (Bleed: 1/2 Turns Remaining)

The collection of snow and energy barreled towards the tawny redhead. She seemed to have accrued the most aggro with her last and it was coming for her. However, Cal reacted quickly by puncturing the ground with his blade and emanating a perfectly executed howl>. Having garnered the beast's attention, Calrex dislodged his blade and prepared for an encounter. Taking advantage of the distraction, Oikawa rushed the Mob the moment it turned it's back. His steps solid and sift until he hit a nice slippery patch of ice. Stumbling, he struggled to retain his balance, but finally got it under control. "Teayre switch me. I goofed that up."

[21103] BD: 5 (2+3) MISS

HP List

[H:3] Calrex: 87/87

Ice Elemental: 33/53 (-0) BLD 1/2

ID: 21576

BD: 10 Natural [bleed Activated]

MD: 1

Teayre watched as Calrex charged in towards the elemental using a new ability that Teayre hadn’t seen. As he used it Teayre smirked to herself realising what her Callie-kun was doing. “Cal… Be safe.†As Oikawa dashed in the blonde slipping on some ice the red head gritted her teeth before charging in towards the ice block as the blonde called for her to switch.

“On it Kawi!â€

As she charged into the mob Teayre rolled avoiding a strike from its first in which some more ice chunks skittered down and off of it.

“That was close, right let’s do this.â€

As the creature reached across her to hit Calrex, Teayre leaped up in the way her katana spinning as she eviscerated the icey fingers. “Cal, you’re up in a mo engage on backflip got it?†Shouting her order out to Calrex Teayre leaps up running along the outstretched arm of the Ice elemental before rending her katana into the beast’ss torso, as she jumped down she dragged it diagonally across the body. Pulling the blade out Teayre back flips off of the construct nodding at Calrex to take her place. Looking up at the creature she saw more ice chunks falling off of it.

HP List

[H:3] Calrex: 87/87

Ice Elemental: 21/53 12 DMG (8 + 2 Crit + 2 Bleed) [bleed 2/2 Turns Remaining]

ID: 21578

Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +1) = 8

Calrex gave a nod as Teayre asked him to be safe, giving a thumbs up as he watched her rush in, listening attentively as she planned their next attack, giving a calming breath as he waited for the signal. As Teayre backflipped he used his <<Sprint>> ability to quick close the distance, bringing the Grand Blade back as he quickly used an unlit version of the Plum Blossom flourish, his blade becoming a blur of circular movement as the three strikes shot out, striking the elemental with three vertically oriented diagonal cuts before he leapt to the side, sliding as he nodded to Oikawa, "Alright go for it!"

"I think right now Teayre and I are both drawing equal aggro. Depending when my opportunity comes up we'll have to see if I'll need to use Howl again or not."

HP List

Teayre: 67/67 (Hate: 4)

Calrex: 87/87 (Hate: 4)

Ice Elemental: 14/53 (Bleed: 2/2 Turns Remaining)

The blonde watched as hit teammates continued to hack away at the Elemental. Even though Calrex had backed away to allow him to attack, the blonde felt his timing would surely be off he tried to attack now. So instead of attacking, he merely moved around to the backside of the beast in anticipation of solid chance to strike and blindside it. Nodding to Teayre, he motioned for her and Calrex to go ahead and continues as planned. He wanted to make sure his attack  was flawless.

[21801] BD: 4 (1+3) MISS

HP List

[H:4] Teayre: 67/67

[H:4] Calrex: 87/87

Ice Elemental: 14/53 (-0) BLD 2/2

ID: 21836

BD: 6 (4 + 2 ACC)

MD: 1 (3 – 3 EVA)

As Teayre was underneath the elemental weaving in between its feet she ducked and slid avoiding the large rock like chunks of ice that fell from the creature. As one started to fall down in her path she activated her <Acrobatics> skill and leapt onto of it pushing off spinning she used her katana to remove one of the arms of the elemental that they were facing. Kicking off the creature she lands on the floor, rolling forwards just as a fist collides with the ground where she had been but a second ago.

Glancing back Teayre calls out. “Cal I’m okay! Make your move.†Her eyes dated to Oikawa who seemed to be standing still spacing out again. “Kawi, don’t make this a repeat of that boar okay?†Smiling at him she sticks her tongue out before returning her gaze to the elemental.

HP List

[H:5] Teayre: 67/67

[H:4] Calrex: 87/87

Ice Elemental: 4/53 10DMG ( 8 Teayre + 2 Bleed) [bleed 1 / 2 Turns Remaining]

ID: 21857

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +1) = 2

<<Howl>> Used, Roll Disregarded

As Teayre successfully scored another hit on the elemental Calrex noticed it had redirected its attention back to her. Luckily enough Teayre was agile enough to avoid its strike as he tossed the Grand Blade skywards, bringing his fist back, the elbow pointing up towards his airborne sword. The aura chains formed around his limbs again as he gave a calming breath, the spiraling chains reaching a climax in speed as he drove his fist towards the ground. The strike impacted the ground as his <<Howl>> skill activated once again, the chains exploding as the skill emanated a vicious, monstrous sound that got the elemental's attention once again.

The Grand Blade descended from the sky once again as Calrex stood up straight. In one smooth motion he swumg his right arm across his body while catching the Grand Blade in a reverse grip as he nodded to Oikawa, "Go ahead and finish it off. We've got bigger creatures to take down."

HP List

Teayre: 67/67 (Hate: 5)

Calrex: 87/87 (Hate: 7)

Ice Elemental: 4/53 (Bleed: 1/2 Turns Remaining)

"Will I ever be able to live that down haha?" His question seemed to have been lost in the sound of falling and crushing ice as Calrex ripped through the battlefield witch his shattering <Howl>. He instantly drew the Elemental's attention and Oikawa knew exactly what to do. Sword drawn, he dashed to the mob as it turned its back. A nice leap pushed him forward as his blade diced through the ice, resulting in a lopped off head for the Elemental.

His cape cascaded his smaller frame as he touched down from the jump. Blade sheathed once more, he collected his loot of material and turned towards the other two. "Perhaps that was overkill. Then again, I do prefer my enemies dead haha." Scouting ahead, Oikawa pointed to another towering elemental. A grin expanded along his face as he gestured towards it. "Shall we?" His notifications suddenly became active as he glanced at the blinking message. Reading it over, his face grew grim as he needed to exit there fun run. "Guys I have an urgent meeting to attend to and as such my re-questing of Mr Avalanche shall end here." Waving goodbye, the blonde quickly dashed back up the slope before disappearing over the hillside. 

[21909] BD: 9

LD: 3 (2+1)

HP List

[H:5] Teayre: 67/67

[H:7] Calrex: 87/87

[H:3] Oikawa: 75/75

Ice Elemental: 0/53 DEAD

[Oikawa- The Faint received 1 Material] 

-Leaves Thread. Forfeits all rewards and loot.

ID: 22368

BD: 1

MD: 1 (2 - 3 EVA)

Nodding at Oikawa, Teayre turns about to face the next elemental. “Do what you need to do Kawi, we’ll still be here or at the next quest boss.†Gripping the Oikawa Kanashiki tightly in her hands she points the blade down by her right calf and charges in at the next mob. As her left foot hits the floor Teayre sweeps the blade up towards the elemental narrowly missing her own leg. The hulking block of ice easily evades the attack and beings its own series of punches at the small girl. Ducking and weaving Teayre manages to dodge the strikes before she backs out calling at Calrex. “CAL You’re up!â€

Ice Elemental: 53/53

ID: 22401

Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +1) = 10 (+1 Damage)

<<Parry>> Activated (Half Damage Until Next Turn, Full Damage Dealt Due to Critical Hit)

Calrex gave a calming breath as Oikawa finished off the elemental, but his eyes widened in surprise for a second when their friend said he had to go, due to an urgent meeting. He gave a nod, "No worries Oikawa. Take care of what you need to do. Hopefully we'll be done with this quest before you're done, heh."

Once their friend departed Calrex nodded to Teayre as she engaged yet another elemental, twirling his Grand Blade before rushing in. His blade lit alight with a blue hue as he executed his Swallow Return attack, the three slashes coming out as they intersected each other, forming an asterisk cut in the air. With that he nodded to Teayre before kicking his blade into a rapid series of spins, forming a defensive barrier, "Go for it Teayre. This thing will be a cakewalk."

HP List

Teayre: 67/67 (Hate: 0)

Calrex: 87/87 (Hate: 2)

Ice Elemental 2: 43/53

ID: 22471

BD: 9 (6 + 2 ACC + 1 LM)

MD: 1

The elemental late out a howl as Calrex struck across its chest, causing it to stumble back. Glaring down at the blue haired boy it clenched its fist and brought it down to the spot where he was stood. A resounding clang echoed throughout the clearing as Teayre saw Calrex had blocked the attack with his sword.

Breathing a sigh of relief Teayre’s foot hits the floor as she steps to the left slashing the elementals lower ribs before turning her blade and arcing a strike upwards catching the creatures arm as well.  Taking several steps back Teayre waits for the beast to turn on her and finds that it seemed to be ignoring the small girl.

Teayre: 67/67 (Hate: 1)

Calrex: 87/87 (Hate: 2)

Ice Elemental 2: 35/53 8 Damage